Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,891 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Question About Conviction? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question About Conviction? (603 Views)

Lets See Who Can Answer This Biblical Question About Jesus Death. / What Is The Conviction Of Sin? / A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question About Conviction? by Temi231(f): 5:59pm On Jan 24, 2013
I was wondering what my pastor meant!!! Not that I didn't know the meaning of conviction but may be it met me unprepared. The question is What is your conviction about the person you are dating? How did you know he is the one? Please if you are in my shoe how will you answer this?
Re: Question About Conviction? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 24, 2013
Good evening Temi,

Like you, I have heard some persons talk about "conviction" especially as it relates to finding a life partner but I am of the opinion that there is really no sure way of knowing.

I quite agree that some persons have had the good fortune of believing in their gut-feeling when they met their partners and this feeling actually saw the light of day but this is not so for everyone.

What works for one might not necessarily work for another. I will advice that you define what you want in a life partner, make yourself worthy of such an individual and pray about it while you work towards achieving your dreams.

PS: The simple truth is that, we are only sure when we get "married" to our partners.

Thank you!
Re: Question About Conviction? by advocate666: 8:57pm On Jan 24, 2013
Getting desperate Temi? Biological clock ticking?
Try romance section. You may get more sympathetic answers there.
Re: Question About Conviction? by Temi231(f): 9:36pm On Jan 24, 2013
advocate666: Getting desperate Temi? Biological clock ticking?
Try romance section. You may get more sympathetic answers there.
I put it in religious section because what am asking is related to biblical event of what my pastor asked me today.
Re: Question About Conviction? by Temi231(f): 9:39pm On Jan 24, 2013
striktlymi: Good evening Temi,

Like you, I have heard some persons talk about "conviction" especially as it relates to finding a life partner but I am of the opinion that there is really no sure way of knowing.

I quite agree that some persons have had the good fortune of believing in their gut-feeling when they met their partners and this feeling actually saw the light of day but this is not so for everyone.

What works for one might not necessarily work for another. I will advice that you define what you want in a life partner, make yourself worthy of such an individual and pray about it while you work towards achieving your dreams.

PS: The simple truth is that, we are only sure when we get "married" to our partners.

Thank you!

Thank you for your humbly response. It is well
Re: Question About Conviction? by advocate666: 10:57pm On Jan 24, 2013
Temi 23:
I put it in religious section because what am asking is related to biblical event of what my pastor asked me today.

Which biblical event?

Anyway did your pastor ask himself the question when he met his partner? And wetin concern am with your private life? Na im go come do the thing in your place? If you don't know what you want and are waiting for others to tell you, then get ready to suffer a sad matrimonial(less) life.
Re: Question About Conviction? by Temi231(f): 8:40am On Jan 25, 2013
advocate666:

Which biblical event?

Anyway did your pastor ask himself the question when he met his partner? And wetin concern am with your private life? Na im go come do the thing in your place? If you don't know what you want and are waiting for others to tell you, then get ready to suffer a sad matrimonial(less) life.

@advocate666, which one be your own nah? Well thanks anyway for taking your time.
Re: Question About Conviction? by qunleajayi(m): 7:10am On Feb 25, 2013
Generally, this topic falls under how to hear from God, and you can read it up in your Believer's Class
or foundation class manuals for your church. You can confirm through dreams, prophetic statement, word of knowledge
, still small voice etc. Most people just use the default answer that is, the knowing inside your spirit man that
this is the person. This can be confirmed from the peace you receive in your spirit about him and your lack of doubt
or double feelings abt what you are about to do... Pastors just want to be sure you have factored God and your internal
spiritual mechanisms havent been ignored. Congrats

(1) (Reply)

Will U Call Dis A Joke Or What? / Why Do Christians Fake/Act Strange To Demonstrate Their Status Of Spirituality? / New Pope Elected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.