Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain (8408 Views)

Photos From Joseph Yobo's Big Centenary / Joseph Yobo Poses With His Two Sons / Joseph Yobo Chases Mother-in-law From Home - National Enquirer Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 25, 2013
Nay...he is far from being a good captain !
Vincent Enyama or Mikel would have been a preferred choice.

1 Like

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by shyna501: 10:23am On Jan 25, 2013
Let's see wot happens 2day!!
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by Ournaija: 10:24am On Jan 25, 2013
Yobo dont have what it takes to be a good captain. He does not command respect in the team. I dont even know the difference between him and the Newbies in the team. When he does not even a grip of himself, how do you expect him to have control of others on the pitch. undecided
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by OmerianConsult: 10:27am On Jan 25, 2013
Of course not!!
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by vanstanzy(m): 10:27am On Jan 25, 2013
Clickprettye: Right from time. Na one better one yeye yobo be. If he play better today.tomorrow fit be owe goal. One better one yeye

FV*CK ARE U SAYING? U WRITE LIKE CRAP! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by samwash(m): 10:28am On Jan 25, 2013
casket: Nay...he is far from being a good captain !
Vincent Enyama or Mikel would have been a preferred choice.
yes Enyama would hv been d preferred choice bt i dont like goalkeepers give d captain,coz it usually distract dem.Since Osazee didnt mk d squad,Mikel is a beta option.Dont even mention Uchel.
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by babarazy: 10:30am On Jan 25, 2013
Why dont you go and ask him?
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by OmerianConsult: 10:31am On Jan 25, 2013
Yobo don finish!! He has gone the way of Babayaro
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by fkaz(m): 10:33am On Jan 25, 2013
clueless

Not different from 9ja captain in aso rock.
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by sisqology(m): 10:33am On Jan 25, 2013
You guys should stop all these trash. Even ferdinand of manutd makes mistake. Yobo is the best defender we've whether we like it or not. Fone: he made errors in d beginning of the first game, he later played well. And he didn't cause d goal. The goal just came.

Yobo is a good captain.

1 Like

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by charles19712003: 10:34am On Jan 25, 2013
I BELIEVE STRONGLY THAT NIGERIA WILL BEAT ZAMBIA WITH 2GOALS TO 1...PLEASE I AM ASKING YOU TO BELIEVE THIS PREDICTION.IT IS FOR REAL.GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by charles19712003: 10:36am On Jan 25, 2013
YOBO IS STILL OUR SENIOR TEAM CAPTAIN,THAT CANNOT BE CHANGED FOR NOW,PLEASE FELLOW NIGERIANS LETS CALM DOWN AND GIVE YOBO ANOTHER CHANCE,HE WILL MAKE US PROUD TO DAY..THANK GOD
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 25, 2013
fkaz: clueless

Not different from 9ja captain in aso rock.
LMAO !
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by Jazzgreen(m): 10:43am On Jan 25, 2013
you all beefed him when he said the truth,and the coach dropped him. Hopefully he could hav completed the game wit goals. At least if YOBO or ZOBO fails in defence,he wud compensat d team wit a victorious goal.im talkin of OSAZE.

2 Likes

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by HIV1: 10:44am On Jan 25, 2013
Player like Yobo is either boot licking Kehi for him to be in the national squad or using Juju on the coach cause it beats my Imagination how Yobo can be in our national team not to talk of being the captain. Most of the rookies even played better and exhibited much confidence than him. cool
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by Willgates(m): 10:45am On Jan 25, 2013
Victor Moses posted on his fb page dat he was visitng high schools in SA n askng d kids wat it takes 2b successful. I was lyk wtf,tght dis folks wer supposed 2b training hard 4 2day's match!

3 Likes

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by Jazzgreen(m): 10:50am On Jan 25, 2013
Willgates: Victor Moses posted on his fb page dat he was visitng high schools in SA n askng d kids wat it takes 2b successful. I was lyk wtf,tght dis folks wer supposed 2b training hard 4 2day's match!
dats after playin TABLE TENNIS,then he wants to knw wat it takes to become successful lik DJOKOVIC or NADAL. The guy is jst tellin u guys dat Football is nt wat he came to do in SA.in fact, its football is nt wat nigeria came for in s.A
in conclusion, i cry in latin

1 Like

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by drlaykay(m): 10:51am On Jan 25, 2013
For a player to be a good captain,he must first be a gud footballer.yobo is niether a good footballer nor a good captain.I said dis more than 5yrs ago "untill yobo stops playing for eagles,I will never support the wholeheartedly
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by stagger: 10:52am On Jan 25, 2013
Yobo's best days was as a righ-back, not a central defender. The central defence is not for error-prone defenders like Yobo.

How can I forget that header to a Greek striker in our 6 yard box in SA 2010? Rubbish!
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by Willgates(m): 10:52am On Jan 25, 2013
Jazzgreen: you all beefed him when he said the truth,and the coach dropped him. Hopefully he could hav completed the game wit goals. At least if YOBO or ZOBO fails in defence,he wud compensat d team wit a victorious goal.im talkin of OSAZE.

mehn... Ah miss dat boo cry
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 25, 2013
IdioTas!!! see how you guys are abusing ya captain when they have a crucial game at hand today. do u want them to fail? dont you know the walls have ears. my best advice now for you guys is to wish them well. kapish
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by Ichel: 10:52am On Jan 25, 2013
executinal: And here they come again. So you expect Yobo to dominate in defence because he is the only one there right? Ok if you did watch the game you see that those boys backing YOBO up lack confidence and always put Yobo in much pressure.

Echijile or whatever he is called never perform to my expectation. Once he formbles it will still fall back to Yobo, and because Yobo is magician to play all round abi?

The guy called [b]*Obobona* [/b]was another scum, a player trying to defend his last chance just end up trapping ball for the opponent and the blame should also go for Yobo abi?
u r mouthed, hey wait a minute, am i seein wright Sumbody hit me on d head ple, did u jst mention Obobona?, wat was dat? u called him scum, na back of telly wey u watch jhoor

1 Like

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by ortopazz(m): 10:54am On Jan 25, 2013
i have said it times wivout nums, yobo is just ckaptain becos of d naija factor, highest number of kapz nominates people for kaptaincy instead of efficiency, Enyeama shud be the kaptain, yobo cnt ginja, enyeama does most of tha shoutin, evn in tha last match he was awkward,,, mikel was the one chancin, yobo lacks convidence and i dislyk 4 that!
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by shadrach77: 10:55am On Jan 25, 2013
What people do not understand about leadership/captaincy is that it has nothing to do with longevity,age or popularity. It is an inborn ability. Yobo used to be a very good defender back in the days. But making him the captain has added extra pressure which in contributing to the decline in his game. Normally defenders are natural captaiins but the fact that as a defender, he cannot organise the defence nor take charge, says a lot about his leadership abilities. Shittu would have been a very good captain but he is not a regular in the team as of now. Apart from him, there is no natural leader in the team. Someone who is a natural leader does not need the armband to take charge whenever the situation calls for it. Yobo is an ill wind that wouldn't blow the eagles any good smiley smiley smiley wink sad angry
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by Princeadebayo1(m): 10:56am On Jan 25, 2013
Yobo is a good defender but poor in his leadership.
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by streetdisciple: 10:58am On Jan 25, 2013
onatisi: goog player =yes before
good defender =yes not anymore
patriotic=yes
good captain=NO
good leader on feild =NO

post edited

3 Likes

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by Willgates(m): 10:59am On Jan 25, 2013
Jazzgreen:
dats after playin TABLE TENNIS,then he wants to knw wat it takes to become successful lik DJOKOVIC or NADAL. The guy is jst tellin u guys dat Football is nt wat he came to do in SA.in fact, its football is nt wat nigeria came for in s.A
in conclusion, i cry in latin

lwkmd...spot on!
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by great666: 11:01am On Jan 25, 2013
no word
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by gbensright: 11:05am On Jan 25, 2013
THIS IS NOT ABOUT JB BEEN A GOOD CAPTAIN OR NOT JOSEPH IS ALREADY A TIRED LEG
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by Emmanuelemman3(m): 11:07am On Jan 25, 2013
Infact im still wondering how he got into NIGERIAN NATIONAL TEAM in the first place, if not through POLITICS ...
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by honeric01(m): 11:10am On Jan 25, 2013
pro01: One needs to be a good player first before he can be a 'good' captain. Yobo is neither. The guy is an embarrassment - and that is putting it mildly. Always fidgety, disorganised, and prone to school-boy errors. Of course the other players notice these defects, and so they can hardly derive any inspiration from him as the captain. Too bad.

I guess Mikel is the most qualified player to serve as captain. He is more reliable, and is extremely exposed and experienced - being a regular player at a top (Champions League winning) club like Chelsea. I also believe that the captaincy could bring out the best in him as a central midfielder and motivating influence for the other players.

Like an old horse, Yobo should be spared further misery and sent to the knacker's yard after this AFCON.

When he was saving your people's azz and helping you win some crucial matches, none of you saw those period, now that he's struggling, you're acting as if he's been this way all the time. Nigerians and their small minds.
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by dominique(f): 11:10am On Jan 25, 2013
The ref kept dashing your players mtn cards, you stood back did nothing. blew for an handball that wasn't even close to one. na so you siddon look, then finally gave your player a red for an offense that wasn't even a bookable one. Good captain indeed! Don't let me get started on the costly mistakes he made on the pitch.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Memories Of The Principals' Cup In Lagos? / 2019/2020 NPFL Season Begins November 3 / Top 5 Sports Blogs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.