Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman (5543 Views)

Chilling Confessions Of High-Profile Edo Kidnap Suspects (Pictured) / Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities / Imo Police Smash Baby Factory, Nab Impregnator, Rescue 17 Pregnant Teenagers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman by aiyofa: 3:38am On Jan 25, 2013
OWERRI — Eagle-eyed operatives of Imo State Police Command last Wednesday arrested two suspected kidnappers and freed a woman they abducted from Igwuruta, Rivers State.

Confirming this to Vanguard, yesterday, the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Vitalis Onugu, a deputy superintendent of police, said that “in the early hours of last Wednesday, four armed men stormed the home of Mrs. Linus Okechi situated along Farm Road, Igwuruta, Rivers State, when she was about taking her children to school”.

According to the PPRO, the armed hoodlums quickly ordered her into her Honda CRV RAV4 vehicle and took her away.

“They drove from Igwuruta to Imo and on getting to Ihiagwa, Owerri West local government area, policemen on stop and search flagged them down but they refused to stop. Sensing that something was amiss, the policemen pursued them,” the PPRO recounted.

Onugu recalled that the hoodlums ran into a traffic gridlock and on realizing that the police was closing in on them, jumped out of the vehicle and ran into a nearby bush.

“The police still defied odds and ran after the fleeing gangsters. Their effort paid off as two of the four fleeing kidnappers were arrested,” Onugu said.

He gave the names of the arrested suspects as Josiah Michael, a motor mechanic, and native of Etche, Rivers State, and Ifeanyi Ezeala from Umuowa, Orlu, Imo State.

“The woman was rescued alive and unhurt, while the two suspects have been transferred to Rivers State Police Command for further investigation and possible prosecution,” the PPRO said.

Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Baba Adisa Bolanta, has appealed to youths to resist every temptation that would lure them into crime.

Bolanta, who spoke in a telephone interview, also warned that the police would not take kindly to anybody or group of persons that proferred to take to crime instead of being useful to themselves and society.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/imo-police-arrest-2-kidnap-suspects-rescue-woman/
Re: Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman by kcreal(f): 9:54am On Jan 25, 2013
Why all the hidden posts?
Re: Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman by strangest(m): 9:55am On Jan 25, 2013
na so... my post not hidden.. na wa o.... all the way from rivers state to kidap in owerri... kidnappers should be sentenced to death by hanging after all its more deadlier than drugs in Malaysia

1 Like

Re: Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman by Jazzgreen(m): 9:59am On Jan 25, 2013
An American was visiting Nigeria for the first time, so he boarded a taxi from the airport to his hotel, on the way the American saw a beautiful building and asked the driver, "how long did it take to build such beautiful building", the driver was proud of his country and said 6 years, the American replied "nonsense, in my country it will take 6 months to build same building".
They passed by another huge building, the americanasked again, "how many years did it take to build the house", the driver replied "2 years", to his shock again the american said, "rubbish, it takes just 2 months to build same building in my country".
They finally passed the National Stadium, and the american was amazed, he asked how long did it take to build such magnificent structure, the driver just looked at him and said"Oga, I don't know o! cos when I passed here this morning, the building wasnt there".

1 Like

Re: Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman by moneyhungry(m): 10:05am On Jan 25, 2013
super story.
Re: Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman by Flygerian1(m): 10:07am On Jan 25, 2013
Take them straight to the zoo and feed em off to the Lions.
Re: Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman by moneyhungry(m): 10:09am On Jan 25, 2013
Jazzgreen: An American was visiting Nigeria for the first time, so he boarded a taxi from the airport to his hotel, on the way the American saw a beautiful building and asked the driver, "how long did it take to build such beautiful building", the driver was proud of his country and said 6 years, the American replied "nonsense, in my country it will take 6 months to build same building".
They passed by another huge building, the americanasked again, "how many years did it take to build the house", the driver replied "2 years", to his shock again the american said, "rubbish, it takes just 2 months to build same building in my country".
They finally passed the National Stadium, and the american was amazed, he asked how long did it take to build such magnificent structure, the driver just looked at him and said"Oga, I don't know o! cos when I passed here this morning, the building wasnt there".
Guy, do you live in jos? :::: u dry pass jos harmattan.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman by MadCow1: 10:09am On Jan 25, 2013
SHoooo!!!!

Okay!! I hereby close this thread.. Since una no want make person comment again!!

All of una go shout freedom of speech outside, then come for Nairaland dey delete and ban people for exercising their freedom!!

Na God go judge una matter..

2 Likes

Re: Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman by Psylas(m): 10:47am On Jan 25, 2013
No need to coment
Re: Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman by Artistree: 10:55am On Jan 25, 2013
I guess all the hidden posts got something to do with the perpetrators' tribe.
Well, I must commend the Mods for a job well done.

1 Like

Re: Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman by dederocs(m): 11:02am On Jan 25, 2013
No mercy for violent mindless killers.

1 Like

Re: Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman by kelvincoll(m): 11:22am On Jan 25, 2013
Ejiné: Nice job, mods! A lot of crap was said up there, but I'm glad they've all been trashed cool

I guess this make you first to comment. the patient dog sures eats the fattest bone ....lol grin grin grin grin

@Op, Kudos to the NPF. Happy to know the woman wasn't hurt
Re: Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman by benpuzzy(m): 11:37am On Jan 25, 2013
The IG of Police will talk now because his boys were succesful, had it been that they abductors succeeded, the PPRO and men of the Police Force will claim ignorant of the whole scenario. God help us ooooooooooo
Re: Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 25, 2013
Police is working and is ur friend. Pls apprecoiate police
Re: Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman by creativemusic: 2:04pm On Jan 25, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman by Fantacy1(m): 4:30pm On Jan 25, 2013
aiyofa: OWERRI — Eagle-eyed operatives of Imo State Police Command last Wednesday arrested two suspected kidnappers and freed a woman they abducted from Igwuruta, Rivers State.

Confirming this to Vanguard, yesterday, the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Vitalis Onugu, a deputy superintendent of police, said that “in the early hours of last Wednesday, four armed men stormed the home of Mrs. Linus Okechi situated along Farm Road, Igwuruta, Rivers State, when she was about taking her children to school”.

According to the PPRO, the armed hoodlums quickly ordered her into her Honda CRV RAV4 vehicle and took her away.

“They drove from Igwuruta to Imo and on getting to Ihiagwa, Owerri West local government area, policemen on stop and search flagged them down but they refused to stop. Sensing that something was amiss, the policemen pursued them,” the PPRO recounted.

Onugu recalled that the hoodlums ran into a traffic gridlock and on realizing that the police was closing in on them, jumped out of the vehicle and ran into a nearby bush.

“The police still defied odds and ran after the fleeing gangsters. Their effort paid off as two of the four fleeing kidnappers were arrested,” Onugu said.

He gave the names of the arrested suspects as Josiah Michael, a motor mechanic, and native of Etche, Rivers State, and Ifeanyi Ezeala from Umuowa, Orlu, Imo State.

“The woman was rescued alive and unhurt, while the two suspects have been transferred to Rivers State Police Command for further investigation and possible prosecution,” the PPRO said.

Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Baba Adisa Bolanta, has appealed to youths to resist every temptation that would lure them into crime.

Bolanta, who spoke in a telephone interview, also warned that the police would not take kindly to anybody or group of persons that proferred to take to crime instead of being useful to themselves and society.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/imo-police-arrest-2-kidnap-suspects-rescue-woman/
True live story.... I was wit some Police/Millitary friends wen the two criminals and their victim were brought 2 the PTS by men of the Anti-terrorist Squard/Anti-kidnappers Squard. The prety fat woman in a blue and white designers gown was so lucky as even her nevy blue honda RAV4 was also recorvered. Kudos 2 d NPF
Re: Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 25, 2013
Fantacy1:
True live story.... I was wit some Police/Millitary friends wen the two criminals and their victim were brought 2 the PTS by men of the Anti-terrorist Squard/Anti-kidnappers Squard. The prety fat woman in a blue and white designers gown was so lucky as even her nevy blue honda RAV4 was also recorvered. Kudos 2 d NPF

Maybe these ones will float in Oguta lake
Re: Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman by dayokanu(m): 8:19pm On Jan 25, 2013
Why am I not surprised

na the same people dey commit all the crime

1 Like

Re: Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman by dontlie: 9:26pm On Jan 25, 2013
Really ?

Re: Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman by AceVentura: 10:18pm On Jan 25, 2013
benpuzzy: The IG of Police will talk now because his boys were succesful, had it been that they abductors succeeded, the PPRO and men of the Police Force will claim ignorant of the whole scenario. God help us ooooooooooo

In addition to your quote, if they hadn't caught the nappers, the PRO would have said they're "hot on their trail" meaning they will always be behind the hoodlums.

@ Poster, which magical car be Honda CRV RAV4 ? Did u merge the 2 cars? Honda CRV & "Toyota" RAV4 are 2 different cars. If you have any info on Honda & Toyota partnership, please let us know asap (=D Laffº°º≈wanº°º≈turn=)) º°º≈myº°˚ ˚°º≈big headº°˚ ˚°º≈toº°˚hammerº°˚ =)) º°º≈).

(1) (Reply)

Young Lady Found Dead After She Had Drown In River (graphic Photos) / More Troops Sent To Combat Insurgency In Ukanafun (AKS) / Forgotten Story Of Robert Sandifer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.