Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months (26961 Views)

Mad Woman Gives Birth In Ghana Again. Photos / Is It Possible For A Girl To See Her Period Twice In A Month? / Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by TeenageMoney(m): 11:28am On Jan 25, 2013

A woman has defied medical odds to give birth to two children in nine months - even though she was using contraception both times she became pregnant.

Claire Ormrod (26) had her daughter Alice on
December 6, 2011, at 25 weeks, by emergency Caesarean. When she was born, weighing just 1lb 3oz (500g), Alice was the smallest baby ever born in Wales. Seven weeks later Ms Ormrod then became pregnant again, despite being on the pill, and had healthy baby Gareth, weighing exactly 2lbs (900g), at 29 weeks, also by emergency Caesarean, on September 7, 2012.

Doctors have been stunned at the "medical impossibility" of the two babies being born so close together. Alice and Gareth will be in the same class when they start at a primary school in Rhyl, north Wales.

Ms Ormrod, who jointly runs a martial arts company with her partner Gareth Gee (36), has three older children - Molly (7), Jack (5) and Charlie (2). All five were conceived in spite of precautions.

She said: "With every one of my children I was on the pill or the coil," she explained.

"I was on the waiting list to be sterilised when I fell pregnant with Gareth. The coil is supposed to be 99,99 percent effective and I was on it when I had three of my children." She was in fact on a waiting list to be sterilised when she discovered she was expecting for the fifth time.

Given the ordeal she had so recently been through with Alicebeing born so prematurely, Ms Ormrod said she was "absolutely petrified" when she discovered she was pregnant again.

"My GP said I should have a termination. He said it would end up killing me and the baby and that it wouldn't be fair to put me through it. But I said no,straight out. No one could believe it when we told them I was pregnant again. They just couldn't get their heads round the fact that the two babies would be so close together," said Ms Ormrod.

Had Alice been born a week earlier, at the 24 weeks, she says doctors wouldn't have tried to save her. Medical experts believe that babies bornat this stage only have a tiny chance of survival. Ifthey do pull through, they are more likely to have long-term health problems such as lung conditions,learning difficulties and cerebral palsy.

Ms Ormrod said: "She would have been a 24-week baby and they wouldn't have thought she had a chance," she said. Alice was so ill that her family had started arranging her funeral and gave her a hasty baptism. Crucially, they were 90 minutes from switching off her life support machine when she showed her first signs of life.

Ms Ormrod said:"We were told she was so ill, they would have turn off her life support machine, because she couldn't survive.

"One hour before they were about to turn it off, she woke up, then she started breathing on her own. She is a miracle baby, she is a fighter. They told us there was no brain activity and then she woke up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2266899/Two-babies-just-months--theyll-class-school.html
http://www.thegistbook.com/woman-26-gives-birth-twice-in-9-months/
Follow @don4mula

1 Like

Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by Freiburger(m): 11:32am On Jan 25, 2013
some men shy undecided
Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by hrmkz: 11:33am On Jan 25, 2013
Almighty God....Doctor of all doctors.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by honeric01(m): 12:25pm On Jan 25, 2013
Hehehe, the guy's arrows can't be stopped by some funny looking pills.

it's not drugs/pills that heal/protect o, make una take note.
Thank [s]God [/s ]they're partners (even though they're not married but living together)

this goes to show that all you girls spreading your legs around thinking pills can save from getting pregnant, you're on a long thing, when you jam stubborn spermatozoas, you go regret months later.

7 Likes

Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by Freiburger(m): 12:47pm On Jan 25, 2013
honeric01:

this goes to show that all you girls spreading your legs around thinking pills can save from getting pregnant, you're on a long thing, when you jam stubborn spermatozoas, you go regret months later.
cheesy grin grin
Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by slimyem: 12:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
The baby wouldn't have survived if it was born in a place Nigeria..
All thanks to science and development!!!

6 Likes

Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 25, 2013
Incredible! The husband really has a powerful spérm.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by W3xy1(m): 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2013
Freiburger: some men shy undecided
wetin do them?
Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by megareal: 1:37pm On Jan 25, 2013
wonderful but terrifying news.. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by TableLeg(m): 1:37pm On Jan 25, 2013
Lawd hammercy!
Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by Decapo: 1:40pm On Jan 25, 2013
The man na 2face elder bro

1 Like

Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by francescainnoce(f): 1:42pm On Jan 25, 2013
honeric01: Hehehe, the guy's arrows can't be stopped by some funny looking pills.

it's not drugs/pills that heal/protect, it's good.
Thank [s]God [/s ]they're partners (even though they're not married but living together)

Can't stop laffing...
God U so funny
Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by Lovine: 1:43pm On Jan 25, 2013
If such things are connected with Churches and Mosques (God) they will say impossible, God haters.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by izenco2005(m): 1:43pm On Jan 25, 2013
slimyem: The baby wouldn't have survived if it was born in a place Nigeria..
idoti

1 Like

Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by specialguest(f): 1:49pm On Jan 25, 2013
That's nice, the couple should get ready to welcome yet another baby by march if care is not taken.. Its obvious the pills have failed, Abstinence should be the next line of action until she gets sterilised or better still they can cut off the man"s "thing"..
I pray the new born baby grows without any complication also.
Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by Pacesetter2: 1:56pm On Jan 25, 2013
I think the man should undergo an operation if possible to stop the thinnest drop of semen cause his semen has proved powerful than any other pill
Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by bigfat01: 1:59pm On Jan 25, 2013
SHE MUST BE VOTED INTO Guinness BOOK OF RECORD THIS YEAR ...
Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by kollytin(m): 2:06pm On Jan 25, 2013
;DD man's kokolet sronge die. grin
Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by neksummi(m): 2:07pm On Jan 25, 2013
Interesting!
Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:08pm On Jan 25, 2013
Pikins plenty 4 her body wella. She's got a fertile body.
Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by lat4real: 2:10pm On Jan 25, 2013
slimyem: The baby wouldn't have survived if it was born in a place Nigeria..
Must you drag Nigeria into this? mtchewwwww.
Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by crackhouse(m): 2:11pm On Jan 25, 2013
the man looks like a sex freak and a psycho. this couple must doing sex like 3 square per day.
Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
Someone told me about two highly fertile people meeting. smiley The results should be obvious and no method of contraception can stop it.
So it means the lady actually took in the next month right after giving birth or so. Anyways, babies are God's blessings. smiley

1 Like

Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by RichDad1(m): 2:17pm On Jan 25, 2013
Twin fall apart lol
Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by RichDad1(m): 2:17pm On Jan 25, 2013
Twins fall apart lol
Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 25, 2013
Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by Lakayana: 2:23pm On Jan 25, 2013
Na clash of the titans wetin una expect from martial arts experts.

1 Like

Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by Clemzy16(m): 2:27pm On Jan 25, 2013
That's nice!! The guy must be a real stricker. I think chelsea should sign him before the transfer window closes; Else no trophy for chelsea this season. . . .

1 Like

Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by Freiburger(m): 2:28pm On Jan 25, 2013
W3xy1: wetin do them?
dem need to know their boarder. grin
Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by Freiburger(m): 2:28pm On Jan 25, 2013
lat4real:
Must you drag Nigeria into this? mtchewwwww.
I wonder.
Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 25, 2013
NAFDAC should come and investigate for fake drugs grin.
Re: Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
GLORY BE TO GOD ALMIGHTY....,
HALLELUYA! HALLELUYA!! HALLELUYA!!!
HOSSANA! HOSSANA!! HOSSANA!!!

It is impossible with man, but with God ALL THINGS are possible....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Has Heard About Turbo Max Blue, Does It Truely Makes Penis Bigger / Windstorm Harm Disabled People In Niger State - Photos / Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.