Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Atheist Phobia - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Phobia (1609 Views)

Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Atheist Quotes. / The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist Phobia by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 25, 2013
Given the fact that the New Atheists are becoming more bold and violent against Christians, and the fact that Atheism has the most violent history of all religions against followers of Christ, some Christians have become fearful. This is wrong. Fear leads to anger and anger leads to hate.

1. This fear, anger, and hate does not proceed from the Holy Ghost. It is not of faith. Whatever is not of faith is sin. Sin is what takes us out of the Kingdom of God and into the kingdom of Satan. Love is what takes us into the Kingdom of God and into the kingdom of God.

2. Avoid being drawn into arguments. You will find that the problem is almost never that the Atheist is not aware of their illogical thoughts. Even if you absolutely show them that their belief system is invalid, they will not turn. You must show them Christ in your life. They must see Jesus or they will never turn to Him.

3. How can we fulfill the command of God to witness fearlessly to the Atheists unless we love them and care deeply for their souls? There may even be physical danger in doing so, but there has always been physical danger in following Jesus. We are to pour ourselves out on God's alter, and this is part of that.

Talk about your experience with Jesus, how He leads you and speaks to you and does His work through you by His power.

Source
Re: Atheist Phobia by Lovethywilbedon: 3:22pm On Jan 25, 2013
frosbel: Given the fact that the New Atheists are becoming more bold and violent against Christians, and the fact that Atheism has the most violent history of all religions against followers of Christ, some Christians have become fearful. This is wrong. Fear leads to anger and anger leads to hate.

1. This fear, anger, and hate does not proceed from the Holy Ghost. It is not of faith. Whatever is not of faith is sin. Sin is what takes us out of the Kingdom of God and into the kingdom of Satan. Love is what takes us into the Kingdom of God and into the kingdom of God.

2. Avoid being drawn into arguments. You will find that the problem is almost never that the Atheist is not aware of their illogical thoughts. Even if you absolutely show them that their belief system is invalid, they will not turn. You must show them Christ in your life. They must see Jesus or they will never turn to Him.

3. How can we fulfill the command of God to witness fearlessly to the Atheists unless we love them and care deeply for their souls? There may even be physical danger in doing so, but there has always been physical danger in following Jesus. We are to pour ourselves out on God's alter, and this is part of that.

Talk about your experience with Jesus, how He leads you and speaks to you and does His work through you by His power.

Source
That's a very good point. It is good that we love atheist but what Suprises me is how you, Frosbel can Creat a thread propagating Love for atheist when you still have another thread on this first page propagating Hatered for Catholics. I don't know if I will be wrong to call you a " ". Okay because I love you for the sake of Christ let me not call you any name.
Re: Atheist Phobia by christemmbassey(m): 3:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
The only reason we have many atheists especialy in Nigeria is that christians are becoming more and more selfish and worldly, see the dance of shame in CAN . The main task b4 christians today is to work had for the convertion of the mixed multitude in our midst. There are a lot of non-christians in tbe church even preaching. Pls lets direct our efforts to tbe darkness in the church, lets convert the money doublers, miracle traders, spiritual war mercenaries, socerers, soothsayers. Witches&wizards, scammers, prostitues, thieves etc in the church. If we can convert 1% of these, many atheists will on their own change, dont 4get most atheists in nigeria are former baby christians who gets frustrated by the activities of this mixed multitude in the church.
Re: Atheist Phobia by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 25, 2013
frosbel: Given the fact that the New Atheists are becoming more bold and violent against Christians, and the fact that Atheism has the most violent history of all religions against followers of Christ, some Christians have become fearful. This is wrong. Fear leads to anger and anger leads to hate.

Source
THIS GUY WHO WROTE THAT PIECE IS HIGH ON SMOKED FISH. I DONT KNOW A SINGLE CHRISTIAN WHO IS AFRAID OF ATHEISTS LOL
Re: Atheist Phobia by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 25, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: That's a very good point. It is good that we love atheist but what Suprises me is how you, Frosbel can Creat a thread propagating Love for atheist when you still have another thread on this first page propagating Hatered for Catholics. I don't know if I will be wrong to call you a " ". Okay because I love you for the sake of Christ let me not call you any name.

how can I hate my family ?

half my family is catholic for goodness sake. smiley

I hate what the Vatican is doing to my people, let's put it that way .
Re: Atheist Phobia by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:04pm On Jan 25, 2013

Source

Religion is not logical.
Re: Atheist Phobia by ooman(m): 4:16pm On Jan 25, 2013
xtians kill atheist and never vice versa

1 Like

Re: Atheist Phobia by advocate666: 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2013

I think you are confusing atheism with islam.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Phobia by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
advocate666:

I think you are confusing atheism with islam.

Stalin disagrees smiley
Re: Atheist Phobia by advocate666: 4:36pm On Jan 25, 2013
frosbel:

Stalin disagrees smiley

Communism is NOT atheism. Get that into your skull.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Phobia by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 25, 2013
advocate666:

Communism is NOT atheism. Get that into your skull.

Communism is a militant brand of atheism with a Marxist flavor.

They tried to do way with religion because it was considered to be the opium of the masses , in the process they achieved the great feat of wiping out over 50 millions people.

Indeed it is Atheism, not the non-militant brand though wink

smiley
Re: Atheist Phobia by Lovethywilbedon: 6:03pm On Jan 25, 2013
christemmbassey: The only reason we have many atheists especialy in Nigeria is that christians are becoming more and more selfish and worldly, see the dance of shame in CAN . The main task b4 christians today is to work had for the convertion of the mixed multitude in our midst. There are a lot of non-christians in tbe church even preaching. Pls lets direct our efforts to tbe darkness in the church, lets convert the money doublers, miracle traders, spiritual war mercenaries, socerers, soothsayers. Witches&wizards, scammers, prostitues, thieves etc in the church. If we can convert 1% of these, many atheists will on their own change, dont 4get most atheists in nigeria are former baby christians who gets frustrated by the activities of this mixed multitude in the church.
God bless you my Brother.
Re: Atheist Phobia by mantraa: 6:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
If you follow the word of god, The Holy Bible you will know that it commands believers to KILL all non believers including your own wife, children and best friends. It also commands you to murder all the inhabitants of entire towns, including all the children and animals.

Quoted from the bible:
" 1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst". (Deuteronomy 13:6-12 NAB)

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

The god of the bible also commands you to kill non existant witches, Kidnap and ra.pe virgin women, Keep and sell slaves, mutilate childrens se.xual organs, and sacrifice animals and humans to him.

As an Atheist, i value not just mine, but also your life as it is the only one we are going to get.

There is no need to fear atheists unless you fear losing your irrational faith in a barbaric, genocidal, homophobic, racist, masochistic god that does not exist.
Dont worry, the devil is fictional too. smiley

1 Like

Re: Atheist Phobia by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 25, 2013
^^

what does this mean Sir.

Please summarise , my eyes are hurting cheesy
Re: Atheist Phobia by christemmbassey(m): 6:48pm On Jan 25, 2013
frosbel: ^^

what does this mean Sir.

Please summarise , my eyes are hurting cheesy
pls ignore and pray for him.
Re: Atheist Phobia by Goshen360(m): 7:15pm On Jan 25, 2013
@ Brother Frosbel,

I think I'll take FULL side with our brother that is gradually becoming part of me just as you Frosbel is part of me, I mean Brother Christemmbassey. See, many of us are loosing sight of what the kingdom of God is all about. One of the keys to vital evangelism in God's family is, "The Gentiles shall SEE your light and SHALL COME TO YOUR LIGHT"....since believers are the LIGHT of the world.

I do not boast in myself by no means. Christ is my righteousness. But truth be told, our house is in a mess. I don't want to split into pieces and amplify what Brother Christemmbassey said but read his words very well and deeply. The only way I can summarize his words is THE BEST FORM OF EVANGELISM IS EVANGELIZING BY YOUR/OUR WAY OF LIFE. Many of us wants to preach Christ that isn't reflecting in our lives. I do not mean we haven't accepted Christ but the world doesn't see Christ-like living in us.

Many times, I look into the canker worm that has eaten so deep into our lives and I cannot be express tears in my heart. Long story short, let it begin with us. Let the Atheist around every Christian see Christ in us and they shall come to our light. Sometimes, I'm also drawn into argument with them on this section but on rare cases. We don't need argument with them on this forum but around us (every Christian), let's the unbelievers see Christ in us, by our lifestyle and good works. This, I believe is the best form of evangelism.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Phobia by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 25, 2013
Goshen360: @ Brother Frosbel,

I think I'll take FULL side with our brother that is gradually becoming part of me just as you Frosbel is part of me, I mean Brother Christemmbassey. See, many of us are loosing sight of what the kingdom of God is all about. One of the keys to vital evangelism in God's family is, "The Gentiles shall SEE your light and SHALL COME TO YOUR LIGHT"....since believers are the LIGHT of the world.

I do not boast in myself by no means. Christ is my righteousness. But truth be told, our house is in a mess. I don't want to split into pieces and amplify what Brother Christemmbassey said but read his words very well and deeply. The only way I can summarize his words is THE BEST FORM OF EVANGELISM IS EVANGELIZING BY YOUR/OUR WAY OF LIFE. Many of us wants to preach Christ that isn't reflecting in our lives. I do not mean we haven't accepted Christ but the world doesn't see Christ-like living in us.

Many times, I look into the canker worm that has eaten so deep into our lives and I cannot be express tears in my heart. Long story short, let it begin with us. Let the Atheist around every Christian see Christ in us and they shall come to our light. Sometimes, I'm also drawn into argument with them on this section but on rare cases. We don't need argument with them on this forum but around us (every Christian), let's the unbelievers see Christ in us, by our lifestyle and good works. This, I believe is the best form of evangelism.

I Concur !

Unfortunately we have more work to do in the church than out of the church.

When the church starts to weed out the false converts and purify itself of false doctrine, then we will start to see the power to change lives and make an impact.

Right now, we are compromised on many levels.

Victory is our's eventually , the gates of Hades will not prevail smiley

Thanks for the advice.
Re: Atheist Phobia by christemmbassey(m): 7:39pm On Jan 25, 2013
@Frosbel & Goshen, with ppl like you guys there is hope for the church in Nigeria, if u must know, christemmbassey is a pastor in living waters, a new church in Calabar, remain blessed.
Re: Atheist Phobia by Goshen360(m): 7:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
@ Frosbel, You're most welcome my dear brother. Besides, add goshen360 on Skype and I will accept so we can chat.
Re: Atheist Phobia by advocate666: 7:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
christemmbassey: @Frosbel & Goshen, with ppl like you guys there is hope for the church in Nigeria, if u must know, christemmbassey is a pastor in living waters, a new church in Calabar, remain blessed.

grin grin grin grin grin That's it then. Nigerian church is doomed then, if these two are your hope. grin grin grin grin grin

Satan has already won. Hahaha.
Re: Atheist Phobia by Goshen360(m): 7:46pm On Jan 25, 2013
advocate666:

grin grin grin grin grin That's it then. Nigerian church is doomed then, if these two are your hope. grin grin grin grin grin

Please don't blow things up here please. He NEVER said ME and FROSBEL, but he said...."people LIKE us..." meaning, not TWO of us BUT of LIKE kinds or people of like manners. Please, allow us to take care of our own business. As you can see, our spirit is subject to one another in this conversation. Don't blow things up here. Thank you.
Re: Atheist Phobia by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 25, 2013
advocate666:

There is a possibility that he thinks he has cheesy

But permit me to assure you and him of the words of JESUS.

"and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it."- Matthew 16:18
Re: Atheist Phobia by Goshen360(m): 7:50pm On Jan 25, 2013
christemmbassey: @Frosbel & Goshen, with ppl like you guys there is hope for the church in Nigeria, if u must know, christemmbassey is a pastor in living waters, a new church in Calabar, remain blessed.

God willing, I'll love to visit when I'm home....hopefully before the end of this year. Carry on with the Apostolic Grace and teachings. God bless you also sir.
Re: Atheist Phobia by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 25, 2013

abeg ooo , I am millions of miles from perfection grin

Only JESUS is the true HOPE of our church and trust me he is building his church, one brick at a time, purifying it from all filthiness and evil , though we cannot see this spiritual building , it surely is taking shape and will soon will make one last impact on this world before the final call.

thanks anyway and peace !
Re: Atheist Phobia by christemmbassey(m): 7:53pm On Jan 25, 2013
advocate666:

thats what the jews said of Jesus, and Jesus said if the world hated hiw they will hate us too, thanks for confirming my 2brothers (true) christians.
Re: Atheist Phobia by ezme(m): 7:56pm On Jan 25, 2013

The last time I was at a Church that bears same name as your moniker, I felt like I was in a Club. If I had not read your post, I would have judged you to be a hypocrite. I could easily have grouped you with the likes of Bidam, Image123 and joagbaje. I like it When Christians stand for truth at all times.
Re: Atheist Phobia by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 25, 2013
Goshen360: @ Frosbel, You're most welcome my dear brother. Besides, add goshen360 on Skype and I will accept so we can chat.

sure, will add it.

thanks
Re: Atheist Phobia by mantraa: 8:27pm On Jan 25, 2013
what does this mean Sir.

Please summarise , my eyes are hurting

This passage shows your god commanding you to kill all non believers including women and children.

There are also commandments to kill witches, r.ape virgins, keep slaves, sacrifice humans and animals etc.

As an Atheist i believe these acts to be immoral based on the fact that we are all humans and should acknowledge the fact that life is precious.

I'm sure you fear your god more than you fear atheists, but cannot understand why we don't fear him too. I don't fear your barbaric god because he does not exist.

If you fear losing your faith, don't worry, the devil is not real either.

The truth will set you free one day
Re: Atheist Phobia by Goshen360(m): 9:07pm On Jan 25, 2013
^^^ Do you care if I spend my time to explain certain things or truth to you and we can both learn together....provided it will not lead to argument?
Re: Atheist Phobia by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:11pm On Jan 25, 2013
Goshen360: ^^^ Do you care if I spend my time to explain certain things or truth to you and we can both learn together....provided it will not lead to argument?
And your point of view is the S.I unit if truth
Shake my head.
Re: Atheist Phobia by Goshen360(m): 9:24pm On Jan 25, 2013
^^^ It's not my point of view. It's comparing scriptures with scriptures.
Re: Atheist Phobia by PastorKun(m): 9:38pm On Jan 25, 2013
Goshen360: ^^^ It's not my point of view. It's comparing scriptures with scriptures.

Before you commence your debate with chrisbenegor, it might be beneficial to inform you thatt he is one of NL veteran unreasonable + religious atheists aka confused soul.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Origin Of The Trinity: From Paganism To Constantine / Seun`s Religion / Who Are Those To Pay Tithes, Who Are Those To Be Given?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.