Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report (2311 Views)

Presidency Denies Rift Between Buhari, Tinubu / I Think D Lazy Northerners Should Be Blamed For Our Poverty Rating / Poverty Rating: North Dragging Rest Of Nigeria Backwards – Aliyu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by omongbatim: 4:25pm On Jan 25, 2013
National Bureau Of Statistics Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report

The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) has denied the report that it rated Sokoto State as the poorest state in Nigeria in the 2012 National Poverty Index.

The Statistician-General of the Federation, Dr. Yemi Kale, stated this in a response letter signed on his behalf by Mrs. Yvonne Odu-Thomas, and addressed to the chambers of Dr. Alex Iziyon (SAN), the lawyer to the Sokoto State Government.

In the letter entitled: ‘RE: Bogus, Fictitious, Baseless and Inciting Publication on Sokoto State as the Poorest State in Nigeria’, the Bureau dissociated itself from the report credited to it.

“First to be noted is that, the Bureau conducts its National Poverty Index every five to six years. The last survey conducted was in the year 2009/10, whilst the previous one was conducted in the year 2003/04. It can be said therefore, based on this explanation given by the Bureau that the publications on poverty for 2012, so mentioned are out of context and false.

“It is important to mention here that the Bureau uses and will continue to use global best practice in conducting all of its Surveys and that no such information as alleged by your client is on the Bureau’s website”, Mrs. Odu-Thomas stated.

In another letter to the Special Adviser, Sokoto State Poverty Reduction Agency, the NBS said: “Its next assessment is scheduled for 2014/15. There has been no new survey or analysis on poverty by NBS since 2009/10, therefore all reports claiming NBS released poverty results for 2012 are false.

“Accordingly, any statistics recorded without the authority of the NBS, as is the case with the one in question, is not to be regarded as official. The NBS surveys which cut across states are done in collaboration with state statistical offices and before any such survey is conducted you would be informed via the Governor’s Forum,” it added.

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/news/display/2
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by omongbatim: 4:30pm On Jan 25, 2013
This is exactly what people have been saying about Nigerian reports. In recent times one forumite named Geez has been going about with so many fake data. Now the bubble has burst.

It was surprising that NBS data collected before (2007) https://www.nairaland.com/371485/regional-poverty-nigeria-north-south-west says SE, SS and SW in that order are least affected by poverty and suddenly the table turned in 2012 with no accompanying visible infrastructural jump in the SW to justify it. Since Yemi Kale took over at the NBS, many data fake have been bandied about favoring the SW.

I take the JAMB as another area to watch out. In the next few years the SW will be leading courtesy of the current JAMB Registrar who has deleted all previous data showing SE and SS to be in the lead over many years, in readiness to replace it with data showing SW lead.
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by omongbatim: 4:32pm On Jan 25, 2013
How can Osun be the least impoverished in Nigeria when its own governor confirmed that his people are so poor they cannot afford to be taxed?

Why we can’t tax Osun people, by Aregbesola
By Adesoji Adeniyi 21 hours 46 minutes ago
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
Rauf Aregbesola Rauf Aregbesola

Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola at the weekend explained why his administration has refused to tax the people.

Aregbesola said his people are very poor and tax would be an unnecessary burden on them.

He spoke at the Banquet Hall of the State House in Osogbo, the state capital, during a dinner with representatives of various financial institutions.

The dinner was part of activities marking the one year anniversary of the Aregbesola administration in office.

The governor urged the institutions to assist in eradicating poverty in the state, assuring them of security and a business friendly environment.

He solicited for funds to finance capital projects and programmes that would improve the state’s economy.

Aregbesola said: “I am in Osun State to eradicate poverty. If you are talking about Unclad poverty, it is here in the state. We can not tax anybody here because we do not want them to die.

“Are we going to tax people waiting to die? We were able to save 13 million in the last year, not through tax, but by blocking leakages in the system. So you bankers have no choice than to help us deliver good governance to the people. We need your support to eradicate poverty.

“I am amused about the uninformed comments of our predecessor in office about the finances of the state. They are confused and cannot comprehend what we are doing because they are not financially literate.

“We have the vision, passion and action. I am here to change the fate of the black man through the various programmes and projects of our unusual and unconventional government.

“My predecessor left the state’s account in a bad state. We met a suffocating loan of N18.3 billion, which the Olagunsoye Oyinlola administration secured in an unprofessional manner.

“But within a year in office, my administration was able to increase the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) of the state from N300 million to N600 million and pay the loan through the access of N25 million bond from the bank, with the monthly servicing of less than N100 million, instead of the N800 million used to service the former loan.”

The governor said his administration does not wait for the federal allocation before it pays its workers, adding that any state waiting for it is doomed.

He said states rejected the October allocation because of President Goodluck Jonathan’s decision to deduct some amount from it for the creation of Sovereign Wealth.

Aregbesola said nobody has the right to deduct from any state’s allocation without the governor’s consent.

He advised state governments to exploit other avenues for generating revenue.

Commissioner for Finance, Economic Planning and Budgeting, Dr. wale Bolorunduro said the government plans to increase the IGR to N1 billion next year.

On incessant bank robberies in the state, Bolorunduro said the government has collaborated with security agencies to forestall a recurrence. He said the governor has ordered for five Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs) and established a security trust fund to combat the menace.

Many of the bank executives acknowledged the governor’s passion for development and promised to support his administration.

They include: Ayo Abina, Skye Bank; Elias Akenzua, Zenith Bank; Akinleye Ogunleye, Diamond Bank; and Boyin Oladokun, Unity Bank.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/27811-why-we-can%E2%80%99t-tax-osun-people%2C-by-aregbesola.html
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by omongbatim: 4:33pm On Jan 25, 2013
Emerging trend of social almajiri in Yorubaland
By Hakeem Jamiu

There is a social malaise which is gradually creeping into the lexicon of Yorubaland and this is the ugly spectre of hungry children begging for food and alms at social events. Older women are equally not left out in this ugly but strange practice in Yorubaland. It is strange in Yorubaland because the concept of almajiri which simply means street urchin is common in the Northern part of the country. Yorubas use to refer derisively to anybody soliciting for arms in Yorubaland in the olden days as almajiri. The almajiri of the North are usually children between the age bracket of 7 and 20 in most cases. Almajiris are so desperate for food that any unsuspecting visitor to the Northern part of the country who goes to a restaurant to eat but mistakenly left his food to wash his hands is likely to lose such to waiting almajiris before he comes back for the food.

I first noticed this ugly trend at a ceremony I attended a few months ago at Ayetoro Ekiti. Elderly and middle aged able bodied women from Kwara, Osun and Oyo states invaded the burial ceremony uninvited and were embarrassing guests who refused to give them money. Also noticeable were children with their begging bowls who thronged the venue of the ceremony soliciting for left over food and alms. The children were a pitiable sight. Poverty was clearly written on their faces. I have attended many social functions after that and the same trend was noticeable. But I became worried a few days ago, when I attended the burial ceremony of a friend's father in Ilesha , Osun State . They came in various groups and employ different methods in soliciting for alms. There were the elderly women who were busy harassing guests in the name of praise singing and would not leave until you part with money, there were the men with their public address system which they use in praise singing but which is disturbance and yet, there were Yoruba children in the mould of almajiris with their begging bowls scrambling for left-over and at the same time soliciting for alms.

Fellow guests on my table at the event who were also journalists expressed their concern in unison about the growing trend of almajiri of various categories in Yorubaland. They all agreed that it has become a social problem. We started discussing and realised that the culture of begging in the mould of almajiris is alien to Yoruba culture. In those days before the advent of the British, the Yorubas are a proud people known for their hard work and industry. They practiced hoe agriculture and were well known as traders and for their crafts. Yoruba artists have produced masterpieces of woodcarving and bronze casting, some of which date from as early as the 13th century. Many of Nigeria 's best-known artists and writers are Yoruba. Other occupation of the Yorubas at that time were drumming and masquerading which would now be called showbiz. They engage in all the foregoing occupation but a Yoruba man or woman (able bodied) would not beg for alms as it is considered shameful and something akin to a curse. The Yorubas cherish their oriki (folklore) which is a poetic version of eulogizing the exploits of their progenitors which is an incentive for them to excel and even surpass their progenitors. The Yorubas have harsh words for lazy people. Such people are objects of ridicule and butt of jokes in the society. With this background, it is understandable why we became worried with the array of beggars at the Ilesha ceremony.

After leaving the party, I reflected on the scenario of the almajiris in Ilesha and I was able to draw a relationship between Political almajiris and social almajiris. I discovered that social almajiri had its root in the advent of the politics of do -or-die introduced into the political lexicon of Yorubaland by apostles of mainstream politics especially ex-President Obasanjo. The grand Patron of political almajiris who recently passed away was Chief Lamidi Adedibu. Many have argued that his death has led to the proliferation of almajiris in Yorubaland. This is because those he hitherto dole handouts to must look for other means of survival since he is no more. These political almajiris are ready to exchange their mothers for few coins. A new political class of men without integrity and anything goes was created and they became political almajiris who survive on crumbs from their masters. They would rig, kill, maim and do all sort of things to acquire political power. With the ascension of these men in power, good governance became a thing of the past. Our collective patrimony was squandered by these political almajiris. Nigeria has never been so blessed with petro dollar with oil selling for $156 dollars per barrel but Nigeria has never been so poor with a chunk of the population living below poverty line. So versions of the political almajiris are the social almajiris that now invade ceremonies in Yorubaland. With these children begging for alms, a ready made market for thuggery and other social vices is assured. The activities of the beggars are not limited to parties. At bus stops in our cities, it is a common sight to see women most of who are still in their mid thirties, who would strap a baby at their backs and approach men with stories of despair to solicit for alms. Many of them would end up in bed with such men. This is another brand of alamajiri and these are Yoruba women. A violent version of almajiri but which is gradually being tackled in Lagos is the 'Area Boys' syndrome. These are Yoruba street urchins who are semi- armed robbers.

The underlying factor in this new trend is failure of the Nigerian State on one part and the laziness on the part of these women. Most of them don't want to work, In those days, when everybody's occupation was farming you dare not beg. You must find something to do. But these days, our women and children are too lazy. It is either they steal or beg. In most cases a mother and child become almajiris at social events. So the question now is can a Yoruba man now refer derisively to a Hausa beggar as almajiri when we have many of them now in Yorubaland? The answer is no! This trend must be arrested before it goes out of hand. The almajiris in the North these days engage in novel forms of drug abuse like sniffing of gutter water to get intoxicated, sniffing of adhesives and other drugs so that they are ever ready to unleash terror on the rest of the society whenever they are called upon to do so by the political wing of almajiris. I strongly recommend that guests at public functions must stop encouraging almajiris by giving them money.

But can government which itself owns the political wing of almajiris arrest this trend? Time will tell.
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by omongbatim: 4:40pm On Jan 25, 2013
It is becoming increasingly difficult to get any truth from our SW brothers, who do anything within their power to manipulate data

Do you know they lied that Yabatech established just in 1947 is the 27th oldest institution of higher learning in the world and 3rd in Africa?
http://portal.yabatech.edu.ng/Yabatech%20-%20About%20us.html

Do you also know that they also lied that LASU is the only state university (whatever that means) in Nigeria? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos_State_University

Despite the fact that ESUTECH(former Anambra State), IMSU (Imo)and I think RSUST (PH) in that order were the first state unis in Nigeria.

They also told us Oduduwa fell from the sky grin grin grin grin
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by omongbatim: 4:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
Other than Lagos which is not exclusive SW, there is no precedence for SW to be least affected by poverty in 2012. There is abundance of evidence for SE from previous data
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by omongbatim: 4:46pm On Jan 25, 2013
Anambra poverty rate lowest in Nigeria �NAPEP
Published on 19 November 2010 with 0 comments
[Post a Comment]

ACHILLEUS-CHUD UCHEGBU (Abuja Bureau Chief)

National Coordinator of National Poverty Eradication Programme (NAPEP), Dr. Magnus Kpakol, has rated Anambra state high as the state with the lowest poverty rate among all the states in the country.
Kpakol, who said this in an exclusive interview with Daily Champion in Abuja, noted that the level of private enterprise in Anambra put the state on the top echelon of the ladder of efforts by states to eradicate poverty.
He said though Bayelsa state is thought to have the lowest poverty rate in the country, statistics have shown that Anambra is actually topping the ladder.
�Statistically, we rank Bayelsa state as having the lowest poverty rate in the country. But in its purest sense, Anambra state has the lowest poverty rate in the country and that is because of the level of private enterprise and commitment to private enterprise there,� he said.
On the need for private enterprise to lead the battle to eradicate poverty in the country, Kpakol said the only way poverty can be eradicated in any society is for greater private sector activity that would create more jobs and allow government the freedom to concentrate on infrastructure development.
He said the private sector holds the key to poverty eradication in the country adding that excessive dependence of government will not help the poverty situation.
He said: �We have to understand that the key to fighting poverty in the country is private enterprise. We must promote private enterprise in the country. I think that the government in Nigeria has been too involved in everything. It is too heavy. That should not be.
�Private enterprise is the key to fighting poverty long term. There has been too much centralization. Excessive centralization and excessive government involvement crowd out ingenuity and private enterprise.
�We need to continue to make it possible for people to be engaged in private enterprise. That�s the way to fight poverty. If we do that, we will be able to create jobs and free government to provide infrastructure like roads, electricity and becomes more like a referee. That is basically what government should involve in while private enterprise propels the engine for economic growth and redemption,� he said.
Kpakol, who would want more wealthy Nigerians to get involved in the effort to alleviate poverty by creating job opportunities, however frowned at a situation where government is made to fund the purchase of tricycles (Keke) as a poverty alleviation measure.
He said government should not have any business buying and distributing tricycles to Nigerians.
�I do not think government should be buying tricycles for people. I don�t think it should be that way. I inherited the programme. I think also that it has done well, but again, I believe that time probably has come when it should be completely privatized.�Micro finance banks can buy Keke and sell with support from state governments. I understand state governments subsidize other agricultural inputs. They can also do that with Keke. Honestly, this programme should be owned by the private sector. I do not think the federal government should continue to buy tricycles and distribute to people. I don�t think so,� he noted.
He however differed with those who are critical of the tricycles as a poverty alleviation measure and its costs stating that critics of Keke should also look at the demand side of it and realize how hotly in demand they are among Nigerians.
�Keke has been useful to the people that have benefited from the programme. When some people think we should not have it, they should also look at the demand side. Peoples demand for Keke is high, both for passenger operations and as profit making business. I am aware that there are some Keke that are selling in the private sector for well over N600, 000 and people are buying them. And they are not from NAPEP,� he said.
He frowned at allegation of fund mismanagement at NAPEP noting that the fund has to be available before it could be mismanaged.
He said allegations that funds belonging to NAPEP were misapplied and for which the Senate indicted him, were absolute lies, adding that at no time did the Senate indict him as reported in some dailies.
�Before, they accused me of taking money meant for Keke. you hear someone writing in the newspapers that I gave him a dud cheque and that was why he could not produce the Keke in time. First, I want people to know this. The minister never writes cheques. I do not know the colour of our cheque. I have never seen a NAPEP cheque book. I do not know what it looks like.
�When I came here, we had a permanent secretary and he used to sign cheques. I stopped it. I said it was wrong for someone who checks our accounts to also sign cheques. I stopped it. I don�t sign cheques. And then someone goes to town to accuse me of issuing him a dud cheque. I cannot even tell my accountants to write a dud cheque. There is no way he can write a dud cheque because he is a professional and has his integrity to protect.
�So, I even imagine why people even say certain things. I will not even go to the extent of saying such a thing, accusing a minister of giving me a dud cheque for fear of exposing much stupidity. There are things you say and people will see you as silly. There is no way a government official can issue a dud cheque to its contractors. It beats my imagination how anyone thinks I could issue anybody a dud cheque. I can�t do such a thing.
�The same person also accused me of owning a facility which costs N470 million. In some places he said it costs N450 million. So, I don�t even know which is correct. However, it is simple to prove. Just show a CAC document showing me or listing anyone related to me, who can be pointed at as my proxy, as a director of the company, as a proof that I own the company,� he said.

http://www.champion.com.ng/displaycontent.asp?pid=1773
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by asha80(m): 5:00pm On Jan 25, 2013
interesting.so if national bureau of statistics are denying that they released that data then who did?
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by omongbatim: 5:20pm On Jan 25, 2013
Incidence of poverty by state (lowest poverty-stricken states)
1. Anambra
2. Bayelsa
3. Abia
4. Oyo
5. Imo
6. Rivers
7. Enugu
8. Ogun
9. Osun
10. Akwa Ibom

https://www.nairaland.com/554457/anambra-poverty-rate-lowest-nigeria

From UNDP
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 25, 2013
Hope geez,bluetooth, eko Ile n co are seeing this
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by omongbatim: 5:37pm On Jan 25, 2013
liberty300: Hope geez,bluetooth, eko Ile n co are seeing this

Their big fat lies are catching up with them. Soon JAMB records will change grin grin grin
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by manny4life(m): 5:53pm On Jan 25, 2013
This is too much lie, haba who released the result then?

Didn't the man say that they do survey after 5/6years, from 2007 till now, survey should have been done now.
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by asha80(m): 6:05pm On Jan 25, 2013
manny4life: This is too much lie, haba who released the result then?

Didn't the man say that they do survey after 5/6years, from 2007 till now, survey should have been done now.
check the op's post,the last one was done 2009/10 meaning the next one is due 2014/15.then again who the fcuuuk realised the one of a2012?
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by omongbatim: 7:01pm On Jan 25, 2013
asha 80:

let us not bring the jamb issue to this one as this one is quite serious.displaying false data na wao.

If you continue to excuse them they will continue to lie. Have you seen these?

Yabatech established in 1947 is the 27th oldest institution of higher learning in the world and 3rd in Africa

LASU is the only state university in Nigeria
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos_State_University
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by asha80(m): 7:04pm On Jan 25, 2013
omongbatim:

If you continue to excuse them they will continue to lie. Have you seen these?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos_State_University

well yaba said it is the first higher institution in nigeria and not the world but as for lasu lol.
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 25, 2013
@op, you smacked a lot of people with this post...lol. They can't even comment on it..nice work bro.
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by manny4life(m): 7:18pm On Jan 25, 2013
asha 80: check the op's post,the last one was done 2009/10 meaning the next one is due 2014/15.then again who the fcuuuk realised the one of a2012?

Oh sorry o, I did no t use my glasses when I read it grin grin grin grin

Thank you for the correction...
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by omongbatim: 7:50pm On Jan 25, 2013
asha 80:

well yaba said it is the first higher institution in nigeria and not the world but as for lasu lol.

Please go back and read the link properly: Yaba said it is number 3 in Africa and number 27 in the world. Are they true claims?
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by MrGlobe(m): 8:00pm On Jan 25, 2013
Op my jaw dropped from reading your highlights. when I called out the fake stats, a lot of people called me a tribalist. This is bad. They also say igbos love money when they top the list of looters in history. If our fore fathers did a poor job with managing their lies, they have hit a brickwall with this generation. They just released their list of Business confidence index with all SW states and one SE city. Whereas CBN:
https://www.nairaland.com/1175060/cbn-ranks-anambra-third-deposit#14010656
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by chuks49(m): 8:45pm On Jan 25, 2013
This wont make front page
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by OneNaira6: 5:19am On Jan 26, 2013
WOW!!!!! grin grin grin grin Explains so much!

SMH @ the length some people will go. Tufiakwa!
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by OneNaira6: 5:20am On Jan 26, 2013
chuks49: This wont make front page

Doubt it, it's not about SE, SS or North. It's not going to make it. You and I know this.
This is the type of thread that deserve to make it to the front page.
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by geeez: 5:27am On Jan 26, 2013
Go through the NBS website and revert. The SW still has the least poverty and unemployment rate in the whole of Nigeria based on a survey carried out in 2010

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/information

In addition, the SW has the highest GDP and even if you took away the GDP of Lagos, the GDP of the remaining states of the SW would only be second to that of the SS

I wonder why people can't read and comprehend things written in simple English. The Office of the Statistcian General only refuted a report that figures were released for 2012. There was no mention of which state was the poorest when the last survey was carried out in 2010 which is what is currently on its website

That aside, GDP is calculated annually and it's not in the purview of the NBS to release that. It's an economic index which is verifiable through commercial activities in the jurisdiction under consideration be it a company or government

1 Like

Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by manny4life(m): 6:23am On Jan 26, 2013
I wouldn't rely on NBS for poverty data because they aren't reliant unlike NAPEP, who are actively on ground. How does NBS explain the gross misleading information that leaked from their office? How are we to be sure that figures aren't altered? In one of the links that was posted, SW was having about 45% poverty, take that difference now, recalculate to adjust for the rate, you'll see that numbers don't lie.

Based on the 2010 data as you claimed from NBS, how is that directly conflicting with the original agency in charge of poverty measurement and alleviation? On NBS website, Anambra along with other SE states are in the highest, but compare that to NAPEP reports, these are grossly conflicting and misleading. The Statistician General hasn't told us the truth yet. Unless yall can prove to us how a 20% reduction in poverty from a 2007 data to 2010 decreased by double digits, that general needs to be removed from office. He lacks professional ethics to continuously stay there and continue misleading the nation with his fictitious data.
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by musiwa10: 6:42am On Jan 26, 2013
c
Re: NBC Denies Recent Poverty Rating Report by chuks49(m): 8:03am On Jan 26, 2013
musiwa10: you people did not go to school. How do they calculate poverty..

It is base on incoming amount over population..

The richest state in Nigeria is bayelsa state.. Bayelsa has the least poverty rate..

the richest state are bayelsa, akwa ibom, river state

Oyo state is the poorest state in nigeria.

if you have to base it on three category which is

rich state bayelsa, akwa ibom, river state, gombe, sokoto state, kebbi, cross river, nassarawa,

poor state---- delta state, imo, abia, ebonyi, kano, jigawa, adamawa, niger, kaduna, zamfara,plateau, bauchi, benue

very poor state Oyo , osun, ekiti, kwara, lagos,ogun,ondo, edo, anambra, kogi, taraba, borno

What's your point?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amaechi Blasts PDP Government, Calls Them Thieves / Photos: Lecturer Make Female Students To Write Exams NAKED To Prevent Cheating / A Northern Christian Presidential Candidate For The APC By Femi Aribisala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.