Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,964 members, 7,863,432 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:41 PM

Visa Tier4 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Tier4 (837 Views)

Cheap Uk University Fees.no Need For Toefel Exams.cas Allocated.uk Visa Tier4 / Using Fixed Deposit For Tier4 Uk Student Visa / Uk Study Visa (tier4) General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visa Tier4 by kratosbatman: 8:25pm On Jan 25, 2013
Hi people. I recently applied for a student visa to the UK. I have previously studied there and during that time i drove my friend's car just 2mins round the corner of his house and was unlucky to be stopped by the police. I had no licence or insurance. The police took my details and asked some questions and said that in 6months i could be called to court for a fine and likely points. However, he did state that I wouldn't get a criminal record. I didnt put this in my application. Should I be extremely worried?
Re: Visa Tier4 by 1forall: 8:37pm On Jan 25, 2013
Well you didn't receive a court summons or did you? As far as you know you don't have a conviction so you won't be lying if you say so. What part of your application has to do with this?
Re: Visa Tier4 by kratosbatman: 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
1forall: Well you didn't receive a court summons or did you? As far as you know you don't have a conviction so you won't be lying if you say so. What part of your application has to do with this?

No I didnt receive a court summon and it was the 'good character' section of my tier 4 application. Won't my details be seen when they do police check?
Thanks for your reply by the way.
Re: Visa Tier4 by 1forall: 8:47pm On Jan 25, 2013
Don't know about this good character section of visa apps but don't see how committing a driving offence implies bad character. UKBA in Nigeria won't do a police check on you and even if they do (which they wont cos its not part of their job as immigration officers) you have no record cos no court convicted you. Were you driving on a provisional license?
Re: Visa Tier4 by justwise(m): 8:54pm On Jan 25, 2013
1forall: Don't know about this good character section of visa apps but don't see how committing a driving offence implies bad character. UKBA in Nigeria won't do a police check on you and even if they do (which they wont cos its not part of their job as immigration officers) you have no record cos no court convicted you. Were you driving on a provisional license?

They do.
Re: Visa Tier4 by justwise(m): 9:02pm On Jan 25, 2013
kratosbatman: Hi people. I recently applied for a student visa to the UK. I have previously studied there and during that time i drove my friend's car just 2mins round the corner of his house and was unlucky to be stopped by the police. I had no licence or insurance. The police took my details and asked some questions and said that in 6months i could be called to court for a fine and likely points. However, he did state that I wouldn't get a criminal record. I didnt put this in my application. Should I be extremely worried?

Its always important not to hide any crime record when completing the application form even if its unspent one, as long as your details were taken, charged or not don't withhold the info.Don't let the ECO to dig it out, in that case its a straight refusal. Since you have lived in the UK before your immigration/character record will be checked when you applied for a visa.
Re: Visa Tier4 by kratosbatman: 11:22am On Jan 26, 2013
1forall: Don't know about this good character section of visa apps but don't see how committing a driving offence implies bad character. UKBA in Nigeria won't do a police check on you and even if they do (which they wont cos its not part of their job as immigration officers) you have no record cos no court convicted you. Were you driving on a provisional license?

Yes I have a provisional licence.
Re: Visa Tier4 by 1forall: 3:02pm On Jan 26, 2013
Listen to justwise pal he's the expert in this area smiley
Re: Visa Tier4 by justwise(m): 5:47pm On Jan 26, 2013
kratosbatman:

Yes I have a provisional licence.

Did you get that after the incident or before? Fingers crossed if its not entered into database against you then there nothing to worry about.
Re: Visa Tier4 by justwise(m): 5:47pm On Jan 26, 2013
1forall: Listen to justwise pal he's the expert in this area smiley

Bros i dey try i no qualify reach expert grin
Re: Visa Tier4 by 1forall: 6:43pm On Jan 26, 2013
Ha respect for you on travel matters bros, OP you have been duly advised ooh smiley
Re: Visa Tier4 by justwise(m): 6:52pm On Jan 26, 2013
1forall: Ha respect for you on travel matters bros, OP you have been duly advised ooh smiley

grin grin thanks bros.
Re: Visa Tier4 by kratosbatman: 4:55pm On Jan 27, 2013
I had my provisional licence before the incident.
Re: Visa Tier4 by 1forall: 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2013
Did the police tell/read you your charges?
Re: Visa Tier4 by kratosbatman: 10:36am On Jan 28, 2013
1forall: Did the police tell/read you your charges?

No not really. Nothing really official was done like taking pictures and such; although they did ask me some questions.
Re: Visa Tier4 by 1forall: 8:59pm On Jan 28, 2013
Well you should have been told the offence you were getting accused of and should have been read your charges and rights.
How long ago was it? Anyway if you got charged the police should have sent a court summons to the address on your license, have you bothered to check?

(1) (Reply)

Tell us your experience in Abu Dhabi with Etihad Airways. / Cyprus Summer Holidays / Cheapest University In Australia And Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.