Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,265 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Bring Your First Fruit (january Salary) To Church In January! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bring Your First Fruit (january Salary) To Church In January! (2161 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Oritsejafor To Jonathan - Give Half Of Your Salary To The Poor / Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bring Your First Fruit (january Salary) To Church In January! by Zamizoni(m): 12:46pm On Jan 26, 2013
This was among the announcements that's the pastor read out last year December. And last week Sunday he repeated it again that every member should bring there FIRST FRUIT (FIRST SALARY OR BUSINESS EARNINGS) to church in January

He and even talked about someone who came to partially complain that he will not be able to bring ALL HIS JANUARY SALARY to the Church, that how will he and his family survive Pastor said he must have faith.
My question is is this practice BIBLICAL and is it FEASIBLE IN OUT TIME
Re: Bring Your First Fruit (january Salary) To Church In January! by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 26, 2013
Zamizoni: This was among the announcements that's the pastor read out last year December. And last week Sunday he repeated it again that every member should bring there FIRST FRUIT (FIRST SALARY OR BUSINESS EARNINGS) to church in January

He and even talked about someone who came to partially complain that he will not be able to bring ALL HIS JANUARY SALARY to the Church, that how will he and his family survive Pastor said he must have faith.

It's called 419 or should we say theft or armed robbery !

If you give him this money and start suffering , it is your fault.

"Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." - 2 Corinthians 9:7
Re: Bring Your First Fruit (january Salary) To Church In January! by PastorKun(m): 12:59pm On Jan 26, 2013
This first fruit doctrine being preached in some fraudulent churches today is a greed inspired doctrine derived from twisting old testament scriptures that are not relevant to christianity. Any pastor that preaches you must bring your January salary or first business earnings of the year is a pure rogue and should be treated as such.
Re: Bring Your First Fruit (january Salary) To Church In January! by advocate666: 1:00pm On Jan 26, 2013
frosbel:

It's called 419 or should we say theft or armed robbery !

If you give him this money and start suffering , it is your fault.

"Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." - 2 Corinthians 9:7

I don't know why it is 419 when they could just stop going to the church.

2 Likes

Re: Bring Your First Fruit (january Salary) To Church In January! by Rapmaestro(m): 1:08pm On Jan 26, 2013
Shey i b mumu ni? I cant even part wit my kobo...... Pesin wey wn collect al my first salary must 2 kill me o
Re: Bring Your First Fruit (january Salary) To Church In January! by Zamizoni(m): 1:40pm On Jan 26, 2013
Well you guys are right in your own opinions, when pastor talk am, i no do like say i hear because i now say E NO GO POSSIBLE, HALF OF SALARY SELF NO FIT POSSIBLE.
TITHE SELF WEY BE KOKO NEVER SURE FOR THIS MONTH!!!
Re: Bring Your First Fruit (january Salary) To Church In January! by PastorKun(m): 8:08pm On Jan 26, 2013
Zamizoni: Well you guys are right in your own opinions, when pastor talk am, i no do like say i hear because i now say E NO GO POSSIBLE, HALF OF SALARY SELF NO FIT POSSIBLE.

Even tithe sef is not koko and is not required of christians. The tithes doctrine being preached in churches today was derived from fraudulently twisting old testament scriptures that are not relevant to christianity. As a christian, you are not required to tithe.

2 Likes

Re: Bring Your First Fruit (january Salary) To Church In January! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 26, 2013
Zamizoni: Well you guys are right in your own opinions, when pastor talk am, i no do like say i hear because i now say E NO GO POSSIBLE, HALF OF SALARY SELF NO FIT POSSIBLE.
hahahahaha
Re: Bring Your First Fruit (january Salary) To Church In January! by Goshen360(m): 1:35am On Jan 27, 2013
Zamizoni:

This was among the announcements that's the pastor read out last year December. And last week Sunday he repeated it again that every member should bring there FIRST FRUIT (FIRST SALARY OR BUSINESS EARNINGS) to church in January

First, You'll need to humbly confront your (in the secret) and show him scriptures that First fruit IS NOT MONEY, FIRST FRUIT WAS A SHADOW OF CHRIST HIMSELF IN THE OLD TESTAMENT. For your pastor to repeat this stuff, I "assume" he only need the member's money.

Zamizoni:

Cruelty and deceit is hidden in your pastor's reply to the above member.

Zamizoni:

NO, It's not biblical to the New Testament believers. Not everything that is written in the word (the Bible) is applicable to us Christians. First fruit was written to the Jew under the Mosaic Law and it was a foreshadow of Christ. It's already being fulfilled by Christ and it's NOT money. It was pointing to Christ himself. Let no man deceive you through vain words.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

New Living Translation (©2007)
But there is an order to this resurrection: Christ was raised as the first of the harvest; then all who belong to Christ will be raised when he comes back.

Expanded Bible (EXB)
But everyone [each] will be raised to life in the right order Christ was first to be raised [the firstfruits]. When Christ comes again, those who belong to him will be raised to life,

New International Version (©1984)
But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.

1 Corinthians 15:23

Hence, you read clearly from scripture that fruit fruit under the old testament was pointing to the resurrection of Christ and that had been fulfilled. Pastors who teach first fruit are simply trynna twist "Christ's" fulfillment of first fruit into "MONEY". God is watching o!

1 Like

Re: Bring Your First Fruit (january Salary) To Church In January! by ijawkid(m): 7:13am On Jan 27, 2013
Goshen360:

First, You'll need to humbly confront your (in the secret) and show him scriptures that First fruit IS NOT MONEY, FIRST FRUIT WAS A SHADOW OF CHRIST HIMSELF IN THE OLD TESTAMENT. For your pastor to repeat this stuff, I "assume" he only need the member's money.

NO, It's not biblical to the New Testament believers. Not everything that is written in the word (the Bible) is applicable to us Christians. First fruit was written to the Jew under the Mosaic Law and it was a foreshadow of Christ. It's already being fulfilled by Christ and it's NOT money. It was pointing to Christ himself. Let no man deceive you through vain words.

But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

But there is an order to this resurrection: Christ was raised as the first of the harvest; then all who belong to Christ will be raised when he comes back.

Expanded Bible (EXB)
But everyone [each] will be raised to life in the right order Christ was first to be raised [the firstfruits]. When Christ comes again, those who belong to him will be raised to life,

But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.

Hence, you read clearly from scripture that fruit fruit under the old testament was pointing to the resurrection of Christ and that had been fulfilled. Pastors who teach first fruit are simply trynna twist "Christ's" fulfillment of first fruit into "MONEY". God is watching o!

See exposition naaa.....abeg shake my hand my elder brother.........grin.......you 3 much.........well explained......
Re: Bring Your First Fruit (january Salary) To Church In January! by Zamizoni(m): 7:41am On Jan 27, 2013
Goshen360:

Expanded Bible (EXB)

thanks Bro Goshen360 for taking time to explain the real meaning of ''FIRST FRUITS'' I Hav a clear understanding it was a Mosaic law of the old testament and the first fruits were brought to the LEVITANS taking care of the Temple of GOD then, and they were food stuffs, animals and fruits etc, there was never a place where money was mentioned.
As per calling him, i need not call him in secret to show him anything. GOD has opened my eyes to see the truth earlier on, Well that's the new Christianity for you every man with his own doctrines, that's why a lot still choose to continue to do what they feel like and not totally surrendering to GOD, as the see they are doing the will of a man and not GOD.

I posted this issue not because i am thinking of paying, i did so to bring the issue out for deliberation so that others can learn. Just yesterday i read here about a pastor demanding 100,000k for deliverance. So this issue of money first and everything else maybe later is just too rampant and making things bad instead of better.
Re: Bring Your First Fruit (january Salary) To Church In January! by Super1759: 9:54am On Jan 27, 2013
hmm, dis issue is long discussed. But why is the " first fruit thing" a new generation thing? Does it mean our fathers,old time pastors and men of God, likes of "uma ukpai, idahosa and co" didn't get the revelation from God? So we all that have not being doing this are sinners

Well,I comment my reserve
Re: Bring Your First Fruit (january Salary) To Church In January! by kokoA(m): 2:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
I look like fally pupa for your eye? grin no be only january salary..
Re: Bring Your First Fruit (january Salary) To Church In January! by Ubenedictus(m): 5:48pm On Jan 27, 2013
Zamizoni: This was among the announcements that's the pastor read out last year December. And last week Sunday he repeated it again that every member should bring there FIRST FRUIT (FIRST SALARY OR BUSINESS EARNINGS) to church in January

it's ironic, as i write, d church close to my residence just finish preaching abt first fruit. U must pay if u want blessins say d pastor.
Re: Bring Your First Fruit (january Salary) To Church In January! by honourhim: 9:56pm On Jan 27, 2013
frosbel:

This is it.

(1) (Reply)

Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience / The Tree Of Knowledge: Cause Of Freewill? / Anyone Who Attends Pentecostal Churches After The Lockdown Is A Fool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.