Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria (1643 Views)

BOI To Reduce Unemployment Rate By Single Digit / Why Entrepreneurship Is Not The Solution To Unemployment In Nigeria / UNEMPLOYMENT IN NIGERIA: Causes And Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 26, 2013
First, I want to congratulate you Mr. Seun Osewa on what you are doing already through your forum website- nairaland, believe me, I fancy this vision and I always wish you well because you initiated something great and positive that is so unique to the Nigerian environment.

Mr. Seun, this is a wake up call to you on what you can do to assist the increasing population of unemployed Nigerian youths, using the popularity of your website.

Each day I wake up, I feel pity for the upcoming youths; serving youth corps members, undergraduates and fresh graduates who are yet to face the harsh unemployment situation in Nigeria. And I always feel like changing the situation, but I know I cannot be a miracle worker, and neither can I do it alone, so I try my best to provide valuable information that can help as many unemployed Nigerian youths as possible.

Mr. Seun, I know quite well that you are aware that there are thousands of unemployed youths who troop into this forum on a daily basis just to while away their idle time because they have nothing else to keep them busy and free from thinking of practicing anti-social vices, now, it is high time you do something to assist the willing and capable unemployed youth graduates in Nigeria without having to spend a dime, how? Read on…

I once talked about partnership as the only way out for Nigerian youths to conquer the increasing rate of unemployment, remember, entrepreneurship is the key to greatness and wealth, but most youth graduates in Nigeria today want to startup a business of their own, but they have so many limitations including- lack of startup capital, skill, mentor, vision, ambition, etc.

But through effective partnership, most of the aforementioned limitations will be overcome.
Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 26, 2013
To cut the long story short, Mr. Seun, I am appealing to you to please use your position and forum popularity to initiate a Nigerian Youth Partnership Program to bring together all interested unemployed Nigerian youths with skills and determination to succeed, to form a one united strong company that will deliver certain services to the society.

This project can be named- Nairaland Youth Partnership Company Incorporated or whatever, and it should be chaired by you Seun to avoid misappropriation of funds and other things.

Certain criteria will be mapped out for eligible partners- such as academic qualification (at least OND obtained at any class), skill acquisition (all partners must possess a unique skill, e.g. perfect welding skill, carpentry, knitting, sewing, weaving, architectural, etc), and a certain fixed amount of money will be paid by all partners to be able to register the company, get a head office/workshop, and also carry out initial in-house training of partnering members, etc.

During the partnership, there will be different sections based on the kind of services they will be rendering- like engineering/construction, oil/gas, fashion designing, IT and others, and each partner will be assigned to his or her appropriate section based on their academic qualification and skill.

If you buy into this idea, let me know so I can unveil other plans and module for the running and operation. But note, it must be chaired by you, and all financial transactions must be publicly accounted for. Believe me, patronage for the services to be rendered by this partnership company won’t be a limitation because it will be a joint promotion and marketing.

Thanks in anticipation of your responses.

1 Like

Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 3:42pm On Jan 26, 2013
This is a great idea but it will be a herculean task. Let's see if Seun buys into the idea...
Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 26, 2013
Afam4eva: This is a great idea but it will be a herculean task. Let's see if Seun buys into the idea...
Yes Afam, every great thing in life calls for a great task. If at all Seun buys this idea, believe me, there are a lot of well to do Nigerians that will come in to make it a dream come true, and the Nigerian government will even commend and back him up. I am serious, we need all practical procedures to encourage graduate youth entrepreneurship in Nigeria, and one of the effective ways we can achieve that is via effective partnership, with integrity and accountability as the watch dog, and that is why I insist Seun chairs the project to ensure accountability, even though he will need to work with other reputable people.

1 Like

Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by teethom(f): 4:16pm On Jan 26, 2013
Gud idea
Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Dsage1: 4:31pm On Jan 26, 2013
This is a very good idea no doubt but your suggestion that each partner must already acquires some specific vocational skills is irrelevant. And it sounds as if you're restricted membership to a particular set of people. We have over 1million members here now, therefore it's not necessary that every member should have a specific skill to partake in. It should be run like public company with NL'ders as sole members.

3 Likes

Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 26, 2013
D sage: This is a very good idea no doubt but your suggestion that each partner must already acquires some specific vocational skills is irrelevant. And it sounds as if you're restricted membership to a particular set of people. We have over 1million members here now, therefore it's not necessary that every member should have a specific skill to partake in. It should be run like public company with NL'ders as sole members.
ok thanks for the correction, its just my suggestion, if Seun buys the idea, then it will be made public and people will then buy into the idea as well with more great suggestions thrown to final scrutiny by the board or chair (seun, if he buys the idea). And I see it prospering and helping out lots of unemployed youths out there

2 Likes

Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by adewasco2k(m): 1:36am On Jan 27, 2013
this is cool if seun can buy the idea and work with the OP
Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by tunapawizzy: 8:43pm On Jan 27, 2013
i think this is an awesome idea that needs fine-tuning here and there? we need a proper roadmap to accurately identify likely challenges and how to meander those challenges. ''United we Succeed''
Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 28, 2013
D sage: This is a very good idea no doubt but your suggestion that each partner must already acquires some specific vocational skills is irrelevant. And it sounds as if you're restricted membership to a particular set of people. We have over 1million members here now, therefore it's not necessary that every member should have a specific skill to partake in. It should be run like public company with NL'ders as sole members.
Absolutely right
Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Seun(m): 1:33am On Jan 30, 2013
Hmm.
Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Obinnau(m): 6:04am On Jan 30, 2013
This has heen one of the best and sensible topics i have seen here.
Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 30, 2013
Seun: Hmm.

Seun, why did u just say Hmmm. Hmmm is not an answer. Lets just say its an expression that signifies thought. Your thinking about the idea right

Hoping to hear your final conclusion, fingers crossed awaiting ur response soonest.
Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Iykecollins(m): 8:41am On Jan 30, 2013
Laudable idea...I am subscribing!
Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by tohirah(f): 9:46am On Jan 30, 2013
of course there are over a million members but not every member of NL would be in the org. The org can't employ every unemployed youth. All NLers can't be part of the board of diretors. Skill is required cos I think the idea isn't just abt an accountant doing account,its abt a graduate thinking like a gradute but using his hand not necessarily his cert. Seun can't chair it alone,it would be cumbersome taking into cognisance;the fact that he still got NL running. There are lots of different pple on NL,scammers,honest pple,religious bigots,tribalistic pple,lil kids etc. If this idea comes to see the light of day,it would be great
Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by toksade: 9:51am On Jan 30, 2013
Seun: Hmm.

Are you kidding me? Just 'Hmm' to this serious matter?
If its a joke please stop it. If its a thought please let us see it fast.
I commend the initiator of this idea, I pray it see the light of the day.
Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Ozegbe(m): 9:55am On Jan 30, 2013
nice idea. Would be part of it.
Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by kokozain(m): 10:08am On Jan 30, 2013
op great idea am fully subscribing to this
Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Dsage1: 11:31am On Jan 30, 2013
tohirah: of course there are over a million members but not every member of NL would be in the org. The org can't employ every unemployed youth. All NLers can't be part of the board of diretors. Skill is required cos I think the idea isn't just abt an accountant doing account,its abt a graduate thinking like a gradute but using his hand not necessarily his cert. Seun can't chair it alone,it would be cumbersome taking into cognisance;the fact that he still got NL running. There are lots of different pple on NL,scammers,honest pple,religious bigots,tribalistic pple,lil kids etc. If this idea comes to see the light of day,it would be great

Read my last sentence,didn't you know how public company functions? How can 1million members be employed in a single organisation? Here I'm talking about ownership, the company can employ any member on NL base on their skills,education and experience.

The membership will also be restricted to NL members alone,that's every interested member own shares with the company.
Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by tohirah(f): 12:01pm On Jan 30, 2013
Restricted to NL members?
Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by tohirah(f): 12:03pm On Jan 30, 2013
Btw,b4 anybody takes my comment the wrong way. I am in support of the idea;just trying to clear some things
Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by NessaFresh(f): 2:45pm On Jan 30, 2013
tohirah: Restricted to NL members?

Yeah and maybe members who have spent upto a month or more online
Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by tohirah(f): 5:42pm On Jan 30, 2013
;DThen expect the number of members to increase in great number as soon as the thing kicks off,cos I trust my Nija peeps;dem no dey carry last. Even foreigners go yapa cheesy
Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Walexz02(m): 9:18pm On Jan 30, 2013
Wao! What a loudable idea..... Btw, seun what is dt hmmmm u just did?
I believe there are many people here who would want to partner,people are all around Nl day in day out looking for buyers/seller of one thing or the other......this is a good idea...
Re: How Seun Can Use Nairaland To Reduce Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Nextworldnx(m): 9:54pm On Jan 30, 2013
erm... erm... *clears throat*

well i am going to be blunt as possible without fear or favour.

SEUN! If you know what is good for you and your site, better not "chair" this project no matter how laudable it might sound, except you want to smear your good name and credibility. Nigerians have a way of bringing their "negativity", "bad-belle", "bad luck", "criticism", "Politricking" or whatever to "choke" any program they come across. No matter how laudable the program is, they have their way of crashing it down especially when there is crowd. Before you know it now, some quarters would start screaming SCAM! SCAM!! SCAM!!! when they are slightly grieved.

Dont get me wrong, this program is nice, anyone else can "chair" it except SEUN!. I know what NIgerians are capable of; we all are at different levels of development, achievements, education and exposure(therefore, our reasoning cannot be thesame). So it will be difficult reconciling everyone's views, even if that is possible, some people will deliberately beat their chest and swear that they will not sit down and see this project come to life(Yes!! Nigerians are that bad). Such people will go any length to label the program Scam both online and offline, insult SEUN(Just like GEJ), tarnish Nairaland's credibility. Before you know it, Nairaland will become a shadow of it's former self.

What i wrote up there is just the truth. On this site, we have; Scammers, Genuine marketers, businessmen, Responsible employees,professionals, genuine and honest jobless youths, self-inflicted jobless touts, "Gainfully employed jobless trolls", Mischief makers, Paid activist lipsrsealed , clowns and so on.
Are these the people Seun will "chair" and some "bad-belle" among them will not see this as an avenue to bring him down?

A word is enough for the wise.

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Jobs In Abuja / Tokslordmart Limited / Pls Kindly Confirm This Who Else Got It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.