Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

What Makes You A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Makes You A Christian? (465 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / What Gospel Songs Makes You Cry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes You A Christian? by seno408(m): 6:26am On Jan 27, 2013
Well guys as for me I believe that what makes me a christian is not by me going to church or quoting Bible verses but by following christ and total believe in him. Share what you feel.
Re: What Makes You A Christian? by tpia5: 6:39am On Jan 27, 2013
why dont you say why you need to know.
Re: What Makes You A Christian? by Techwriter: 8:51am On Jan 27, 2013
seno408: Well guys as for me I believe that what makes me a christian is not by me going to church or quoting Bible verses but by following christ and total believe in him. Share what you feel.
What wld u say if prof okonjo-iweala announced after the mums kidnap that "anyway I believe what makes me okonjo is just my name and blood it is not by participating in family affairs after all I'm married". Christ is the head and the church is his body, for you to say you may not be part of what happens in the body though you are for the head is out of the Book.

What makes you a christian is first and foremost that you follow Christ and also that you are a part of the body.
Re: What Makes You A Christian? by TRUESAINT1(m): 3:48pm On Jan 27, 2013
To become a Christian is not an initiation into a form of religion. For Christianity is not a religion. Be be a christian is to be born into the Kingdom of God. You might have read the bible and then think that the teachings thought therein is good and profitable and therefore you start "following Christ". Well if you are not born of the Kingdom, you absolutely CANNOT know Christ.

Being born into the Kingdom is what makes you a Christian. Then a Christian would remain true by following the ways applicable to the Kingdom. Doing God's word as a Christian is truly profitable.

(1) (Reply)

Reminding Ourselves Of This Year's Prophecies / Let see how good you can praise God. So praise God With Your Dialect... / Tennessee Man Quits Job After Getting W-2 With ’666′ On It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.