Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

New Level Of Relationship - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Level Of Relationship (470 Views)

Level Of Debate On This Forum Is Disappointing... / The Power Of Relationship. / The Church Of Philadelphia, The Highest Level Of Christian Living. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Level Of Relationship by Joagbaje(m): 6:49am On Jan 27, 2013
John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her…go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God

Living a victorious and successful life in Christ depends on your understanding of the relationship we have with the Lord today in the New Testament. We’re much more than "believers," followers, servants, friends, or ambassadors of Christ; the big thing about our relationship with the Lord is our oneness with Him! We’re members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones (Ephesians 5:30); it’s an inseparable oneness.

Jesus described this awesome oneness and new level of relationship when He said, "I am the vine, ye are the branches…" (John 15:5). This means we have the same life with Jesus, since life comes through the vine into the branches. No wonder the Word says, "know ye not that your bodies are members of Christ?..." 1 Corinthians 6:15
. . and "ye are the body of Christ and members in particular..." (1 Corinthians 12:27).

The death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ paved way for a new relationship with the Father. Today, anyone who receives salvation is automatically awakened to the fatherhood of God, having in him the life and nature of God. Awesome reality!

Being the servant or friend of God is wonderful, but if you’re born again, you’re more than a servant and more than a friend. You’re the very offspring of Divinity; an heir of the Sovereign, and a joint heir with Christ (Romans 8:17). Through the Spirit, you’ve been baptized into the body of Christ:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body…" (1 Corinthians 12:13);

it’s an inseparable union. You’ve been brought into a relationship of peace, harmony, safety and security with the Father. You’ve come home to Him; you’re now at rest in Him. You now know and relate with God as your Father.

(1) (Reply)

Are There Limits To Ones Quest For Knowledge? / Doubts About Religion? Don't Worry, You're One Of Many. / The Secretes Of God's Blessings...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.