Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,787 members, 7,851,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:04 AM

He Killed; What Should He Do? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / He Killed; What Should He Do? (938 Views)

Redeemer’s University Student Reveals Why He Killed Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Killed; What Should He Do? by valdubem(m): 11:33am On Jan 27, 2013
A friend of mine on the 19th of December (last year) along lugbe-airport expressway accidentally killed a young man with his car; out of fear of being mobbed or lynched, he ran (with his car) for his life.
He has not been himself all this while; he also intends reporting himself to the authorities. Pls Nlanders what should the guy do? Should he go ahead and report or Just forget about it, ask God for forgiveness and move on with his life?
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by dominique(f): 11:41am On Jan 27, 2013
That's too bad. Of coure, he should seek forgivenes from God. If only he can trace the family of the departed and try to make peace with them somehow. I won't advice him to turn himelf in, except if he believes doing jail time will give him the solace he needs.
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by Caracta(f): 11:45am On Jan 27, 2013
19th December? So it was your friend? shocked shocked shocked
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 27, 2013
wow! thats serious. i have a strong phobia for driving. i can afford to buy a brand new car but i chose to go by public transport and taxis.
i will advise he ask God for forgiveness and make effort to locate the family of the deceased and make ammend whether by cash or whatever way.
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by Gboliwe: 12:25pm On Jan 27, 2013
val_dubem: A friend of mine on the 19th of December (last year) along lugbe-airport expressway accidentally killed a young man with his car; out of fear of being mobbed or lynched, he ran (with his car) for his life.
He has not been himself all this while; he also intends reporting himself to the authorities. Pls Nlanders what should the guy do? Should he go ahead and report or Just forget about it, ask God for forgiveness and move on with his life?
Since 19th december and he is still trying to report himself? He is not serious.
The blood of the victim will make him lose peace, joy and happiness.

He should go to the nearest police station and report the incidence, locate the family of the deceased and turn himself in.
Until then, life for him will be ruled in fear.

1 Like

Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by fittty(m): 12:31pm On Jan 27, 2013
Which one be my friend? Abi you are the one? undecided
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by valdubem(m): 12:51pm On Jan 27, 2013
fittty: Which one be my friend? Abi you are the one? undecided

Bros no be me oo! Na my good friend
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by valdubem(m): 1:06pm On Jan 27, 2013
Gboliwe:
Since 19th december and he is still trying to report himself? He is not serious.
The blood of the victim will make him lose peace, joy and happiness.

He should go to the nearest police station and report the incidence, locate the family of the deceased and turn himself in.
Until then, life for him will be ruled in fear.

The police might make his Life soo miserable and hard if he turns himself in; don't you think so?
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by Gboliwe: 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2013
I would choose police brutality over a pricking conscience. Have you ever lost peace?
Alternatively, let him get a good lawyer who will take him to the station to report and also help him locate, negotiate and appease the grieving family
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by valdubem(m): 2:34pm On Jan 27, 2013
Gboliwe: I would choose police brutality over a pricking conscience. Have you ever lost peace?
Alternatively, let him get a good lawyer who will take him to the station to report and also help him locate, negotiate and appease the grieving family

Thanks. Point noted (go to d police station with a nice lawyer)
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by Onyinyechimara(f): 4:45pm On Jan 27, 2013
DO NOT GO TO ANY POLICE STATION PLEASE

Locate the family anonymously and make sure they re comfortablle financially and send your sincerest apologies
God sees your heart and anybody with half a brain can tell it wasn't intentional
Except you re in another country other than Nigeria, I wouldn't t advise your friend to go to any police station

Pray to God , talk to a pastor or something but NOT Nigerian police please
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by Afam4eva(m): 9:05am On Jan 28, 2013
Going to the police station with a lawyer is his best bet. If he goes to the family of the man he killed, he may be lynched.
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by honeric01(m): 9:21am On Jan 28, 2013
Without going to the police station, how do you intend locating a man you killed on a high way in an area that's not that close to residential homes?

Make people dey reason now before posting.
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by valdubem(m): 10:04am On Jan 28, 2013
Afam, point noted; thanks.
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by greatgod2012(f): 11:52am On Jan 28, 2013
Chai! I really sympathise with your friend...........this is serious.

I support Gboliwe's and Afam's opinion.
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by slimyem: 12:05pm On Jan 28, 2013
out of
fear of being mobbed or lynched, he
ran (with his car) for his life.
Can't blame him for fleeing..but how is he sure or how has he confirmed the man he hit really died? ??

Going to the police and/or locating the deaceased family will be the end of him.
Whatever he does now won't bring back the dead or make the family feel better.
He should go see a psychologist so he can forgive himself,confess to a man of God and/or make peace with God himself!
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by Afam4eva(m): 12:08pm On Jan 28, 2013
slimyem:
Can't blame him for fleeing..but how is he sure or how has he confirmed the man he hit really died? ??

Going to the police and/or locating the deaceased family will be the end of him.
Whatever he does now won't bring back the dead or make the family feel better.
He should go see a psychologist so he can forgive himself,confess to a man of God and/or make peace with God himself!
He can't find peace by going to a psychologist. He has to submit himself to the law enforcement authorities.
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by slimyem: 12:17pm On Jan 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
He can't find peace by going to a psychologist. He has to submit himself to the law enforcement authorities.
Which ones?
The Nigeria Police force?
..like you don't know they are just going to make a meal out of him...and its not going to restitute for his mistake or change the event that occured..undecided
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by Afam4eva(m): 12:18pm On Jan 28, 2013
slimyem: Which ones?
The Nigeria Police force?
..like you don't know they are just going to make a meal out of him...and its not going to restitute for his mistake or change the event that occured..undecided
I understand...but that does not mean he should stay silent about it. What if the law enforcement agencies investigate and and find out who killed the man, won't it be worse off for him?
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by slimyem: 12:29pm On Jan 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
I understand...but that does not mean he should stay silent about it. What if the law enforcement agencies investigate and and find out who killed the man, won't it be worse off for him?
Lets be realistic Afam..
How would they find out?
Traffic cams?grin
Forensics? cheesycheesy
You mean our police force that are too lazy for any crime scene investigation would dedicate time and resources(the ones they don't have o) to investigate the unfortunate accident of an ordinary citizen?
...and btw,this event happened December 19(well over a month ago).How come they haven't caught on to the offender yet?
Inconclusive investigations?
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by Afam4eva(m): 12:36pm On Jan 28, 2013
I just hope that the guy is wrong about the man he hit being dead.
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by valdubem(m): 12:43pm On Jan 28, 2013
Afam4eva: I just hope that the guy is wrong about the man he hit being dead.

The guy he hit died on the spot. He confirmed it from the people around that area hours after the incident happened. They confirmed a car knocked down and killed a young man that time of d day at that place
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by Gboliwe: 3:25pm On Jan 28, 2013
val_dubem:

Thanks. Point noted (go to d police station with a nice lawyer)
not a nice lawyer but a good one. Emphasis is on good.

Some people are saying ask God for forgiveness and move on, this is shocking! This is an accident against a fellow human. Getting God involved is only to the extent of giving you the grace to take a step towards reaching out to the family and finding favor in their sight.
One can not hurt another get total cleansing just by talking to God without asking for the human's forgiveness
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by claremont(m): 10:22pm On Jan 28, 2013
If I were you: Leave god out, leave the Nigerian police out. Try my utmost to locate the family of the deceased and make some financial commitment to them. If I cannot locate the family of the deceased, I would have satisfied my conscience that I tried my best.

2 Likes

Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by Mynd44: 2:14am On Jan 29, 2013
I agree with Afam
Re: He Killed; What Should He Do? by SAFO(m): 11:04am On Jan 29, 2013
It's now the 29th..... If he hasn't submitted himself to the authorities yet I doubt he ever does. Even then I don't think it would be wise because of how shady the police are.

I agree with Claremont, he should try and make restitution to the victim's family. Imagine if this man left kids behind, how will they fend for themselves?

(1) (Reply)

Fourth Generation Warfare (another Tool To Defeat "Boko Haram") / PHOTO: Father Sells His 6-month-old Son To Pay For Visa / Interesting Real Facts (strange But True)!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.