Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,250 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Private Mini Refinery - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Private Mini Refinery (15625 Views)

Palm Oil Mini Refinery? / Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 / Crude Oil Info: Starting A Mini Refinery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Private Mini Refinery by pappy2000: 6:40pm On Mar 05, 2008
Does any one knows the rough estimate of how much it will cost to build a private Mini refinery.I mean a refinery which produce blw 50,000litres and 100'000litres.I have a serious investor from the united state of america.
Re: Private Mini Refinery by debosky(m): 6:44pm On Mar 05, 2008
your 'investor' from the US should have the information, at least thats where a huge chunk of world refineries are. wink

or contact design/construction/procurement engineering firms - www.flour.com www.amec.com www.bechtel.com and the likes wink
Re: Private Mini Refinery by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:09am On Dec 12, 2008
abi!? grin
Re: Private Mini Refinery by triaophant: 10:30am On Dec 12, 2008
Poster, i do not think that you have any serious investor. you just wanted to know simple. If you are really interested, a lot has to be done. You have to incorporate your intended company first , then register with with all the relivant government agencies and obtain all the relevant permits since foreigners will be involved. Then apply to DPR ie The Department of Petroleum Resources informing them of your intention to construct a Refinery. If the request is granted, then you take off from there. Remember you also have to acquire your land, do the impact accessment to ascertain the suitability or otherwise of the intended refinery Location, remember Refinery Business has a lot of environmental hazards. But in your post, you mentioned 50,000 to 100,000 liters of petroleum product. To me that sounds somehow. With that quantity in mind, I do not know whether you wanted to refine pure water or a refinery. Reason? Refineries capacity are calculated in crude oil barrels not litres. A truck load of PMS AGO or DPK or even ATK takes about 33,000 litres of product to be fully loaded. But if you intended 10,000 Barrels of Crude Per Day Refining capacity, you should be looking at $650 millon since you must include a power plant and waste water treatment plant with the tank farm and loading facility. But if you are intending to build a refinery of 100,000 barrels or more, just keep in mind over $2 Billion since an FCC Plant must be included. However since you said a mini-Refinery, my belief is that you have in mind 10,000 to 60,000 barrels capacity those within that range are classified as mini since they do not include an FCC plant, FCC Plant enables you to further crack your crude into products such as LPG, much PMS ie Petrol, DPK ie Kero, AGO ie Diesel, ATK ie Aviation Fuel, LPFO and HPFO ie the Fuel oil. The disadvantage of a mini refinery is its inability to produce much LPG PMS DPK. There are many firms that can do the feasibility survey for you. contact them if you are serious. For Refinery designers, constructors and builders, there are many of then eg. Technimont of France, Spie-Batignnolles ie SPIEBAT of France, Chiyoda of Japan, JGC of Japan, UOP of USA, Procon of the UK etc can do a perfect job. Again you have to know your crude source. But in all contact the DPR or NNPC for assistance. Or check their Website or contact me if you are in need 08035511077

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Mini Refinery by Ojewunmi: 10:14am On May 13, 2010
strarting a small scale crude oil refinery
Re: Private Mini Refinery by Flashpoint: 11:29am On Jan 04, 2011
Building up a Mini Refinery to produce 50,000litres - 100,000litres very possible. I have the technical know how and already built several refineries of this nature using a simple distillation process.

I can build you a Mini Refinery capable of producing 5/MT to 10/MT capacity output on a daily basis with the final production of 2- Refined products this based on the heating temperature.

For this sort of Mini Refinery plant it will cost $15,000.

You provide the Land and 2 Storage Tank to store your crude product and final product.

We travel worldwide to Build on invitation
Re: Private Mini Refinery by jamace(m): 2:12pm On Jan 04, 2011
@Flashpoint

Please, drop your contact.
Re: Private Mini Refinery by Flashpoint: 9:23am On Jan 05, 2011
e'mail:vvs1vvs2000@yahoo.com , Telephone:+234-8161276272
Re: Private Mini Refinery by voros: 3:45pm On Jan 14, 2011
Flashpoint:

Building up a Mini Refinery to produce 50,000litres - 100,000litres very possible. I have the technical know how and already built several refineries of this nature using a simple distillation process.

I can build you a Mini Refinery capable of producing 5/MT to 10/MT capacity output on a daily basis with the final production of 2- Refined products this based on the heating temperature.

For this sort of Mini Refinery plant it will cost $15,000.

You provide the Land and 2 Storage Tank to store your crude product and final product.

We travel worldwide to Build on invitation

Please post pictures of what you've already built or better still mprovide the lionk to a site where i can see exact samples of what you build

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Mini Refinery by snags: 1:20am On May 01, 2011
Re: Private Mini Refinery by suyamasta(m): 11:02am On Mar 03, 2018
Good idea

(1) (Reply)

Skyewise Group Donates Reflective Jackets, Umbrellas To FCT Police (Pictures) / "I Hope That Even My Worst Critics Remain On Twitter" - Elon Musk / Emefiele Elected Chairman Of International Islamic Liquidity Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.