Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

My LGE Nexus 4 Just Got Stolen This Morning - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My LGE Nexus 4 Just Got Stolen This Morning (1695 Views)

Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning / Google Nexus 4 Or Sony Xperia Sp / Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My LGE Nexus 4 Just Got Stolen This Morning by ajetunde: 9:17am On Jan 28, 2013
I preordered the phone first week of December and had to wait for a month and two weeks to get this new pet. The device is first class and the android experience is flawless just as it was reviewed. Fast forward to today . I had left home earlier to see if I could reduce time spent in traffic, (I didn't have to get to work early, I just don't like wasting time in traffic). I got to CMS bus stop (going to Karimu Kotun around Eko Hotels) and traffic was WORSE (lesson learnt) while hustling trying to get a bus, I got robbed of my LGE Nexus 4 a phone I've only used for 2 weeks (hard lesson). I still can't believe someone inserted his hand into my pocket, pulled out a 68.7mm by 133.9mm phone weighing 139g. Was I sleeping!!!

Anyway, first precaution was to change my Google Account PW then I googled how to tracked down this phone.

I've installed series of apps remotely (too bad the phone is turned off and I'm not subscribed to data) hoping the phone goes on and online, app installs and I start getting tracking info. I know I have less than 10% chance of finding this phone, but I'll try. If I do, I'll post an update.

Now my jealous blackberry curve 6 is back to being number 1.

Just sharing my experience. Eko o ni baje o.

Re: My LGE Nexus 4 Just Got Stolen This Morning by puskin: 10:16am On Jan 28, 2013
Just curious.......how did U install apps remotely when ur not subscribed to data.
Abi na thru air the apps go fly enter ur fone?
Re: My LGE Nexus 4 Just Got Stolen This Morning by ajetunde: 10:28am On Jan 28, 2013
I installed it on my phone through app store. The phone downloads it as soon as it finds a network just like installing updates.

puskin: Just curious.......how did U install apps remotely when ur not subscribed to data.
Abi na thru air the apps go fly enter ur fone?
Re: My LGE Nexus 4 Just Got Stolen This Morning by puskin: 10:41am On Jan 28, 2013
ajetunde: I installed it on my phone through app store. The phone downloads it as soon as it finds a network just like installing updates.

The fone downloads what....which network.......you said U have no data subscription on the phone.

I want to believe this is ur first Android device.
Re: My LGE Nexus 4 Just Got Stolen This Morning by BlackBaron: 2:07pm On Jan 28, 2013
puskin:

The fone downloads what....which network.......you said U have no data subscription on the phone.

I want to believe this is ur first Android device.
May yet probably work if it finds a wifi connection. On my Samsung android, there's a find my mobile feature called 'SamsungDive' that allows you track, remote wipe, lock and all. However, I think it may not be the best option as a factory reset may render it useless. Cerebus is the other best option; able to survive a factory reset and much more features.
Re: My LGE Nexus 4 Just Got Stolen This Morning by Francheezy(m): 7:42pm On Jan 28, 2013
b.r.b

(1) (Reply)

Can Verizon Ipone 5 Work In Nigeria / Bypass Activation Icloud 2014 / Fraudsters Are Using Airtel NG To Scam Airtel Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.