Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

6 Reasons Every Jobseeker And New Graduates Should Volunteer - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 6 Reasons Every Jobseeker And New Graduates Should Volunteer (1461 Views)

5 Things Fresh Graduates Should Know To Succed At Work / Vacancies For New Graduates In Stanbic Ibtc And P &g / Why New Graduates Are Just Like Young Puppies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons Every Jobseeker And New Graduates Should Volunteer by toyecoach(m): 2:39pm On Jan 28, 2013
Volunteer your way to your next position.(This advice also applies to any other new graduates,Corpers,career changer,or job seeker out there who needs to bridge a gap in employment).

Recent Job statistics revealed that 43% of newly licensed professionals still do not have jobs within 18 months after graduation.It’s the old cliché:Y[b]you must have experience to get the job yet you must have a job to get experience.[/b] What a vicious cycle!(And it certainly applies to all industry jobs).

Lack Of Working Experience! How can you break it?

My advice to all my friends and clients is to Volunteer? Find the very best hospital,work place or even community project you can and volunteer your way to your next position.

The following highlights gives you a concrete reason to volunteer your service(s) and work your way to that plum career job.
Why volunteer?
1. It puts work experience on your resume
2. It enables you to line up solid references in your field of choice
3. It allows you to build your network
4. It shows your passion for what you want to do
5. It keeps you busy and keeps your spirits up
6. It puts you at the top of the list if a job becomes available
Read the full text here;http://headstartcareer..com/2013/01/why-every-jobseeker-and-new-grad-should.html

Have you ever volunteered to change careers or land your next position? Any tips for us? Tell us about it
Re: 6 Reasons Every Jobseeker And New Graduates Should Volunteer by toyecoach(m): 3:38pm On Jan 28, 2013
Career Helps or Adviser,please add more
Re: 6 Reasons Every Jobseeker And New Graduates Should Volunteer by dhardline(m): 7:48pm On Jan 28, 2013
Thats a fantastic idea but the problem now is which oil coy will accept me as a volunteer?is it shell,mobile,total cause i have been looking for an oil coy to volunteer in but still no connect.
Re: 6 Reasons Every Jobseeker And New Graduates Should Volunteer by DorcasKaruana: 2:23pm On Jan 31, 2013
Volunteering helps you top get other opportunities. Remember it is easier to get a job when in one rather than when you are not working. In addition, as you volunteer your aim should be turning your internship to a job. To read more on this visit [url]http://www.careerpointkenya.com/2013/01/29/turning-your-internship-into-a-job/
[/url]

www.careerpointkenya.co.ke
Re: 6 Reasons Every Jobseeker And New Graduates Should Volunteer by toyecoach(m): 2:04pm On Feb 07, 2013
@dhardline,you might not get ant volunteering job in any of the oil and gas company here.
but you can search for and locate non-profit organisations or oil& gas services based company executing
community project for the oil companies
Re: 6 Reasons Every Jobseeker And New Graduates Should Volunteer by toyecoach(m): 2:05pm On Feb 07, 2013
@ Dorcas Karuana: quite agree with you. the aim is to have requisite experience for the real job.
Re: 6 Reasons Every Jobseeker And New Graduates Should Volunteer by Ozenko(m): 1:19am On Feb 10, 2013
with these i see more reasons to volunteer in my work place

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Work? 5 Reasons We're Meant To Work!!! / 6 Key Areas To Discipline Yourself / How Do Digital Marketing Agencies Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.