Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,088 members, 7,859,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:59 PM

Nimc 2012/2013 Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nimc 2012/2013 Interview (545839 Views)

URGENT RESPONSE-NIMC 2013 Interview! / NIMC April 2013 Interview At Abuja / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (253) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by brosiye99(m): 11:06am On Sep 04, 2013
adetowubo001: I want to disagree when people say paucity of funds could be slowing the recruitment process down. I have two reasons for this: (1). The federal govt knows full well the importance of this project. (2). Because the Commission is directly under the Presidency via the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, it can never suffer from the disease called "lack of funds."
Therefore my summation on what could be delaying this final phase of recruitment will tow the line that some people have suggested: someone who's suppose to sign could be absent for one reason or the other. Or, the Board all-together is yet to do final approval to the list.
Whichever may be the case, let's keep drinking that water of patience that we've drank all along. @DAFESTEVE, am drinking the water with large buckets at the moment.
Christ is in control. Cheers all.

The way FG works is not as you are insinuating. even though NIMC is a special commission under the Presidency, it does not mean they can always have access to money just like that. Yearly allocations and budgets are made for different ministries, parastatal and commissions even if they are revenue generating ones like FIRS, Customs etc. Therefore, if their allocation is exhausted for the year, nothing much can be done about it till the next budget cycle. Mind you with the salary review that is being done and the huge numbers to be employed, the salaries and emoluments would gulp billions in one full year. right now it is the capital votes part of the NIMC budget that is being expended on building and completing and furnishing new offices nationwide.(i know a contractor that is currently supplying furnishing and security doors right now to state offices. So in summary, the money they have now is being expended in putting in place critical infrastructure, equipment to drive the project. not much can go into recurrent expenditure such as salaries apart from for current staff.

1 Like

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by Danyl(m): 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2013
adetowubo001: I want to disagree when people say paucity of funds could be slowing the recruitment process down. I have two reasons for this: (1). The federal govt knows full well the importance of this project. (2). Because the Commission is directly under the Presidency via the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, it can never suffer from the disease called "lack of funds."
Therefore my summation on what could be delaying this final phase of recruitment will tow the line that some people have suggested: someone who's suppose to sign could be absent for one reason or the other. Or, the Board all-together is yet to do final approval to the list.
Whichever may be the case, let's keep drinking that water of patience that we've drank all along. @DAFESTEVE, am drinking the water with large buckets at the moment.
Christ is in control. Cheers all.

wat board approval are you guys waiting for after the training which started and end well + d fact that we have all done our documentation... am just thinking if ders another board approval then corruption is looking for a loop hole to enter into NIMC.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by Danyl(m): 12:45pm On Sep 04, 2013
brosiye99:

The way FG works is not as you are insinuating. even though NIMC is a special commission under the Presidency, it does not mean they can always have access to money just like that. Yearly allocations and budgets are made for different ministries, parastatal and commissions even if they are revenue generating ones like FIRS, Customs etc. Therefore, if their allocation is exhausted for the year, nothing much can be done about it till the next budget cycle. Mind you with the salary review that is being done and the huge numbers to be employed, the salaries and emoluments would gulp billions in one full year. right now it is the capital votes part of the NIMC budget that is being expended on building and completing and furnishing new offices nationwide.(i know a contractor that is currently supplying furnishing and security doors right now to state offices. So in summary, the money they have now is being expended in putting in place critical infrastructure, equipment to drive the project. not much can go into recurrent expenditure such as salaries apart from for current staff.
did they not plan/ have funds for payment of salary of their disengaged staffs?
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by adetowubo001(m): 1:32pm On Sep 04, 2013
[quote author=brosiye99] The way FG works is not as you are insinuating. even though NIMC is a special commission under the Presidency, it does not mean they can always have access to money just like that. Yearly allocations and budgets are made for different ministries, parastatal and commissions even if they are revenue generating ones like FIRS, Customs etc. Therefore, if their allocation is exhausted for the year, nothing much can be done about it till the next budget cycle. Mind you with the salary review that is being done and the huge numbers to be employed, the salaries and emoluments would gulp billions in one full year. right now it is the capital votes part of the NIMC budget that is being expended on building and completing and furnishing new offices nationwide.(i know a contractor that is currently supplying furnishing and security doors right now to state offices. So in summary, the money they have now is being expended in putting in place critical infrastructure, equipment to dr You've got a valid argument backed with strong points. Kudos
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by adetowubo001(m): 1:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
@Brosiye99, you've got a valid argument backed with strong points. Kudos
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by iobiahu: 1:51pm On Sep 04, 2013
The issue of funds should have nothing to do with the letters. These positions were advertised by late 2012. Wisdom demands that provision should be made for them in 2013 budget. I am just seeing the normal govt thing. I tend to agree with the post that the list was in FCC for aproval. Let us assume that everything is on course and leave budget and funds out of it. After all there is room for supplimentary budget towards the end of each financial year. Let's keep being exptectant until the letters start rolling in.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by bobbydbobo: 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2013
brosiye99:

... Ure Very informed bro!! The truth is, until Many/ all of U start working in govt circles( which by Gods grace uld have the chance to) b4 u understand d workings of govt jobs.. Right now, there is no establishment that wld employ u, that parry u till Nov. Wen theyld b arranging fresh funds for d new workers nd add them all into d nxt budget... That's the only thing stopping them for now, nd its all for ur good in a way... Cos its d same u datld critisize dem if dey tel u to kip comin to work without giving u pay... If u did d interview, put ur mind @ rest....Ppl would even start hearing anytime nd any moment that they've strted calling for APls... Tho in batches! Good luck yall
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by rekeson: 3:22pm On Sep 04, 2013
O boy see comprehension passages all in d name of NIMC. Oga DG pls do something b4 my mb finish cos of dese lengthy posts
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by Mowin: 3:29pm On Sep 04, 2013
Hello House, as things stands, it is very obviouse that Nimc has suprised everyone by this long delay. We almost forgot that Nimc is under the presidency of the federa Gov. of Nig. due 2 the fact that they changd the way the game was being played. However, every commission falls under the same federal policy. Someone said it b4 that funds may be whats stoping Nimc frm issueing APL; I thought the person was straying until my doubt was cleard.. I have cofirmed that funds is the issue from a reliable source.. I stay in FCT nd nimc Hdqutrs is about N150 frm my house. So while waiting, uncross ur fingers nd get engaged with some other positive things to keep body nd soul 2gether. All those interviewd will get the Apl, but it may linger till next yr(some may get it earlier than others). Moreso, Nimc has intensified efforts on plans 2 establish local gov erolment centres accros the country by meeting with ALGON representatives frm each of the 36 states of the federation. So the project is very much on coarse. The delay is for our own gd. So lets be positive about it.. As for me, I have already kickstarted my plan B since I got the info.. Godbless..
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by bobbydbobo: 4:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
Mowin: Hello House, as things stands, it is very obviouse that Nimc has suprised everyone by this long delay. We almost forgot that Nimc is under the presidency of the federa Gov. of Nig. due 2 the fact that they changd the way the game was being played. However, every commission falls under the same federal policy. Someone said it b4 that funds may be whats stoping Nimc frm issueing APL; I thought the person was straying until my doubt was cleard.. I have cofirmed that funds is the issue from a reliable source.. I stay in FCT nd nimc Hdqutrs is about N150 frm my house. So while waiting, uncross ur fingers nd get engaged with some other positive things to keep body nd soul 2gether. All those interviewd will get the Apl, but it may linger till next yr(some may get it earlier than others). Moreso, Nimc has intensified efforts on plans 2 establish local gov erolment centres accros the country by meeting with ALGON representatives frm each of the 36 states of the federation. So the project is very much on coarse. The delay is for our own gd. So lets be positive about it.. As for me, I have already kickstarted my plan B since I got the info.. Godbless..
. All true as stated bro..... Xcept that it won't take as long as U have painted it cos theyld b called in batches, nd so Apls of some mite take longer than others, buh it starts soon...!! God bless u Bro! Nd all that await letters! Good luck..
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by DAFESTEVE(m): 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2013
bobbydbobo: . All true as stated bro..... Xcept that it won't take as long as U have painted it cos theyld b called in batches, nd so Apls of some mite take longer than others, buh it starts soon...!! God bless u Bro! Nd all that await letters! Good luck..

@ bobbybobo, thanks for giving some of us hope via ur comments thus far. On behalf of all we appreciate ur effort. Pls bring it on as we need hope to continue in the drinking of the rivers of patience. Three things we need this period; God (prayer), Patience, and Hope.

ONE LOVE.

2 Likes

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by sojiformular: 7:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
As much as I desire dat d APL com on time, I frown at it coming in batches as it can cause worse effect dan waiting for it altogether. Imagine u heard dat Mr A and Miss B has been calld for their APL and u are waiting for ur sms, na kasala b dat o. I hav had d odd feeling during d interview and training SMS and I dont wish to experience such again. I pray d APLs are distributed at once to avoid "d stories dat touch". Na my own prayer b dat o

1 Like

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by Mowin: 7:56pm On Sep 04, 2013
bobbydbobo: . All true as stated bro..... Xcept that it won't take as long as U have painted it cos theyld b called in batches, nd so Apls of some mite take longer than others, buh it starts soon...!! God bless u Bro! Nd all that await letters! Good luck..
God bless u many folds.. I really do hope nd pray its starts soon. All u have stated b4 r on point.. Thanks alot.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by thaddeus12(m): 9:45pm On Sep 04, 2013
Mowin: God bless u many folds.. I really do hope nd pray its starts soon. All u have stated b4 r on point.. Thanks alot.
@ bobbybobo: I love your points you writing with Reasonable facts.Please do you know if NIMC must invite Somebody for training first before issuing HE/SHE AN APL.

1 Like

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by muut2: 10:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
Hmmm........... NIMC has made everyone of us irrespective of our political differences see the president and his wife as important factors ("Goodluck & patience")to keep our hopes alive while waiting.
God we are looking unto You for mercy and bless us with the NIMC job cos You said "out of the sweat of our face shall we eat"
Kneeling down with hands joined together in prayers of HOPE
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by ProudlyNaija1: 10:50pm On Sep 04, 2013
thaddeus12:
@ bobbybobo: I love your points you writing with Reasonable facts.Please do you know if NIMC must invite Somebody for training first before issuing HE/SHE AN APL.
4 d experiened hired dat doesnt hav 2 work or use d software, NO! bt 4 d others dat wil use or wrk wit it, lik d enrol officer Lg, i cnt reali tell.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by gfullmoon(m): 10:58pm On Sep 04, 2013
Those who are still doubting of the fund factor. Ask yourselves why haven't Training Alawi being paid?Under normal circumstance it could've being paid a day before ur Training 'll come to an end or within one week after Training.

The APL might begin land in Batches as from October through March such that Salary starts from Dec or January by which Budgect Proposals by Ministries & Dept might've been articulated. Like Dafe opined those of us that'll man Corporate Communication Dept when you get there don't forget to positively give it the face -lift overhaul it requires.There always comes a time when we are powerless to prevent injustice,but there must never be a time when we fail to criticise constructively or protest. What's the essence of running nearly unupdateable
job portal?

@ Mowin u're the man! My Pal Adetowubo I dey hail o! Dafe my Gee Pee tank is almost empty o! Adetowubo pls the Lagos NIMC Dude what did he say the current pay package was not minding the new structure being rumoured?

Is well!

1 Like

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by jobgetter(m): 5:22am On Sep 05, 2013
Don't know how NIMC operates.Those talking about lack of funds have a point but this process started almost a year ago and the new intake must have been factored into the current 2013 budget.For me something else other than lack of funds may be responsible

3 Likes

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by adetowubo001(m): 10:37am On Sep 05, 2013
My from-bottom-of-the-heart feelings for those who resigned from their jobs to attend the training (know of someone in my batch). Situation still better for those who only took leaves.

3 Likes

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by castello: 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
I respectfully respond to concerns.

Submission of budget doesn't translate to automatic approval. Neither does approval translate to budget release. Realistically, can anyone mention a govt establishment that has received budget for this fiscal year? Not the autonomous ones mind you.

Nimc is equipping its state offices through due process which ensures the funds voted for that activity within the budget year is not lost. This process can be implemented without released funds through e-payment from the federal pay office. Besides, why acquire recurring expenses without the necessary infrastructure in place!

This is in addition to 3-5 years strategic plans submitted by each govt office for approval to capture future plans, expected output and impact, and a comparison to past years activities. So be assured that govt offices, nimc inclusive, has plans for its workforce.

Another important point to note though is what your apl will read: '... agree to do all your assignment and any other as directed by ...'

This clause can undo your ability to take initiative as a civil servant. There is a line of reporting (beaurocracy really) which slows down one's work pace. If you are a go-getter with an ultra slow supervising officer, then prayers is your only hope. You simply cannot do the right thing until it is signed and approved by the Ogah at the top who may be unaware of happenings in your remote (back) office. So please, unable take chill pills when suggesting drastic changes to a system that was.

My candid suggestion, get the job, understand the system, know your level of influence, then make plans to act, not before.

It is regrettable that peolple had to let go of their jobs to partake in the nimc process. Have no fear. And do not relent. The darkest hour is before dawn.

God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by seighabenz(m): 3:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
@ castello.....very well said......
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by Simplejoy: 6:23pm On Sep 05, 2013
castello: I respectfully respond to concerns.

Submission of budget doesn't translate to automatic approval. Neither does approval translate to budget release. Realistically, can anyone mention a govt establishment that has received budget for this fiscal year? Not the autonomous ones mind you.

Nimc is equipping its state offices through due process which ensures the funds voted for that activity within the budget year is not lost. This process can be implemented without released funds through e-payment from the federal pay office. Besides, why acquire recurring expenses without the necessary infrastructure in place!

This is in addition to 3-5 years strategic plans submitted by each govt office for approval to capture future plans, expected output and impact, and a comparison to past years activities. So be assured that govt offices, nimc inclusive, has plans for its workforce.

Another important point to note though is what your apl will read: '... agree to do all your assignment and any other as directed by ...'

This clause can undo your ability to take initiative as a civil servant. There is a line of reporting (beaurocracy really) which slows down one's work pace. If you are a go-getter with an ultra slow supervising officer, then prayers is your only hope. You simply cannot do the right thing until it is signed and approved by the Ogah at the top who may be unaware of happenings in your remote (back) office. So please, unable take chill pills when suggesting drastic changes to a system that was.

My candid suggestion, get the job, understand the system, know your level of influence, then make plans to act, not before.

It is regrettable that peolple had to let go of their jobs to partake in the nimc process. Have no fear. And do not relent. The darkest hour is before dawn.

God bless us all.
Long speech with correct sense.He that hv ears... Tnx
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by EricDonn(m): 9:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
Simplejoy:
Long speech with correct sense.He that hv ears... Tnx
Known it is long, u still quoted it just to make a short comment... Nawa oo
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by fatherfaith: 10:22pm On Sep 05, 2013
seighabenz: @ castello.....very well said......
dont b suprise if d money u're all talkin about is already yieldin interest in sombody's account
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by chukkydee(m): 11:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
@All.... Thanks 4 all ur incisive analysis! God plz let dis Interview = APL come 2 pass o! Cnt jst wait 4 it. PPP (Patience & Perseverance 2d Prize). No Naija/Oga @ d top syndrome shall exchange our places as dis delay rages. I pray earnestly everyday.
One Love Friends!

1 Like

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by write247ng(m): 10:53am On Sep 06, 2013
What i want to add per say is that
maybe before any fed govt agencies , advertised ,it must have been approved by Govt.
Budgetary proposal and projections for the recruitment must have been made and approved by Govt,
But the release of the funds is always the issue.
Any Fed govt agency will only release appointment letters when the funds have been release or evidence of meeting up with staff welfare is on ground.
I believe NIMC have made their new recruitment projections/proposal and got approval from govt
But what may be delaying it may be funds been release to them.
Even Normal Capital expenditure budget of MDAs are even release bit by bit by govt and never at once due to many competing needs of govt resources.
Patience, concentrating on your current job and finding one average job/biz for now may be what we need for now to keep soul and body together

1 Like

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by deprofo: 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2013
[quote author=castello]I respectfully respond to concerns.

God bless us all. [Afta all dis ur gospel, dos it me dat oga @top is responsible 2d delay of Apl since d hav not signed. Some said we should b drinkin water of patience frm Gp tank beliv sum ppl their Gp tank has finished, they are now drinkin frm river and we ar aproching dry season river wil soon dry up.... Hahahaha they wil start searching 4ocean... ONE LOVE AS WE ARE WAITING... /quote]
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by deprofo: 1:20pm On Sep 06, 2013
If ur Gp water tank of patience has finished pls look 4d nearest river of patience and start drinking frm it... Hahaha. If it finish or dry up start u wil start looking 4 ocean of patience 2drink frm it. 4me i beliv dat oga @top is d holdin d Apl if d sign we wil collect. We only nid their signature dat all. ONE LOVE
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by marlockj: 1:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
Pls who knw whr i cn get gmat on net.pls

Pls i hv dis to share wit job seekers .cuz it wrkd 4 me.4 nw i dnt hv job.d link has help me a lot.U̶̲̥̅̊ cn try it jst register gufluck.http:///14whbcz

Bt pls i nid link 4 gmat.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by SenMarkMike(m): 1:36pm On Sep 06, 2013
The worst any corporate body can do is to keep its publics in the dark. In such situation, the theory of conspiracy of silence holds sway. NIMC should manage its information not by keeping quiet but by communicating to retain the trust its trying to build. It should understand that the trust was still fragile and can be shattered by silence. I saw many trainees expressing reservations on certain NIMC injunctions. My fear is that NIMC would unknowingly, by not communicating to the prospective staff, tell them they were just mentioning those injunctions for formality sake. The dictum in Public Relations says, 'IF YOU KNOW THE MAN, YOU CAN HANDLE HIM'. Thus, NIMC, talk, write, communicate, and prevent speculations where many would form their many (wrong) beliefs. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by deprofo: 2:56pm On Sep 06, 2013
Markmike what do u tink dat is holdin nimc Apl leta! I it is not u dat is holdin nor money or fund. Do u tink nimc wil b happy 2see their trained staff roamin in d street afta dat their gospel in d training wch nearly change everybody if not all dat attended d training! In ur mind Markmike de are happy abi. My good friend d are not at in dis present situation dat is y de keep silent. Continue drinkin water of patience frm ur Gp tank. If it finishes look 4d nearest river. God bless. ONE LOVE
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by adetowubo001(m): 3:24pm On Sep 06, 2013
I want to urge each and everyone of us to keep believing in the management of NIMC. Something beyond their control must be the reason for the delay. Cheers all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (253) (Reply)

Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! / Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test / OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.