Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv (4100 Views)

Which Is The Best Season Movie You Have Seen? / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's / The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by dominique(f): 12:23pm On Apr 21, 2008
lawyerchap:

Modups dearie, longest time. What's been up with you? I've been under the radar for a while. You know its now idols season, that's why i'm back on nairaland. Hope i'll see you on that thread.

and we going to see more of you now that big brother 3 is around the corner abi?
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by ademiller(f): 11:27am On Aug 19, 2008
Oh Jerry

Go to ur balcony and look at the sun

dumb dumber dumbest MT advert angry
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by spikedcylinder: 11:49am On Aug 19, 2008
lawyerchap:

Just before you guys continue railing about how ads are sick and stupid, i must let you know that coming up with those ads involves a whole raft of professionals both on the ad agency's side and on the client's side. Then so that those involved are not found guilty of tunnel vision, there is an additional failsafe that involves testing the ads on teenagers of average intelligence. Once they can grasp the message that the ads are promoting, the ads are certified fit for broadcast.

Granted, production often leaves much to be desired in Nigeria. Granted again, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but to say that a concept is stupid or sick simply because you don't "get it" merely says something about your level of intelligence. Don't forget that ads are tested on teenagers of average intelligence, and they "get it" otherwise the ads wouldn't be aired.

So try and think through an ad before you pronounce judgment on it. And on yourself.

Oh ok! So because it has been viewed and given the thumbs up by averagely intelligent teenagers, by default, it becomes less dumb abi?

Fantastic!!!!
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by candylips(m): 1:13pm On Aug 20, 2008
that happy black guy in all those Halifax ads drives me nuts
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by Sisikill: 1:51am On Aug 21, 2008
For me no commercial/Advert is worse than the Pepto Bismol Commercial.

People chanting heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, nausea, or diarrhea

For Heartburn - They Touch their chest
For Indigestion - They touch the part above the navel.
For upset Stomach - They touch their stomach
For Nausea - They spoil their face like someone that smelt rotten egg
And finally for Diarrhea - The touch the bum and wiggle it at this same time

Did I mention these are ADULTS! Oh my God. . . everytime I see this comercial, I shake my head and think "Father Lord, I hope these people don't have kids" can you imagine going to school and everybody knows your daddy is the Diarrhea man from tv? (((((Shudder))))))
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by KarmaMod(f): 1:54am On Aug 21, 2008
The Head-On commercials. angry
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 24, 2008
Almost all Skittles AD angry angry esp this one. eww!

[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WASn6PRG1Fc&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by TOYOSI20(f): 6:21am On Aug 25, 2008
My little cousin just loves the new Target commercial. . , .

She dances every time its on, . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by nguage(m): 6:28am On Aug 25, 2008
They say a man should always dress for the job he wants.
So why am I dressed up like a pirate in this restaurant?
It's all because some hacker stole my identity
And so I'm stuck here every evening serving chowder and iced tea
Should've went to freecreditreport dot com
I could've seen this coming at me like an atom bomb
They monitor your credit and send you email alerts,
so you don't end up selling fish to tourists in t-shirts.
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by TOYOSI20(f): 6:30am On Aug 25, 2008
lol, . . . . stolen identity wahala. . . . . . . cheesy
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by coolruler(m): 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2008
And that one about Gulder Max I think

A bunch of guys were helicoptered to a burning oil rig where they succeeded in putting out the fire with their bare hands, dressed in nothing but singlets,

stupid, stupid, stupid
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by shotster50(m): 12:45am On Oct 19, 2008
That cactus guy from the Oasis advert makes me cringe.
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by mi3(f): 12:26am On Oct 22, 2008
ademiller:

Oh Jerry

Go to ur balcony and look at the sun

dumb dumber dumbest MT advert angry

^^ the "Oh Jerry" ad managed to annoy everyone i know in some way tongue, but for me it's the kind of thing that's mad annoying, and yet very amusing at the same time, so i can't say i hate it,

Lemme start with the one that irks the nonsense out of me, there's this Tetmosol ad where two couples are playing tennis, and i think one is loosing, then they go inthe shower, and do one kain overjoyful soaping up +dancing and smiling like they won the lottery, then they go back to play, and obviously, life is perfect, arghhhhh!!!! ]

That fayrouz ad, yuck! "meet the blonde" ke? what sort of drugs was the creative department on whenthey came up with that? or they were payed to sabotage? because blonde hair + black chicks is NOT a good look!

Delta soap ads are like, eh? lol, theres one that the chick gets on a bus and practically causes accident, tsk tsk!

Then the almighty drug ads and their funny ass groaning and moaning that are immediately eradicated cuaz of the drug,

Detergent ad's where some woman appears to have tolerance beyond human capability, to be watching her husband and son playing football in MUD as if they have no home training, then she will now come and be shining 32 again, LOL

The coca cola "brr" concept, i still cannot understand the sense behind,

One tea mate Ad where some kid feeds a blind man bread, it was just a dissapointing ad

it's all good though, they keep us entertained, no?

(1) (2) (Reply)

You’re The Worst Season 2e4 Download Link / Nollywood Honour Mike Orinyedimma's Burial On 28&29th Of June! / Live Updates And Voting On Big Brother Africa Amplified Via Naijavote.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.