Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,969 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Fake Prophets - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fake Prophets (1089 Views)

Appraisal: Are Our Prophets Right About 2015 Election? / What Women Pass Through In The Hands Of Fake Prophets(pictured) / Idahosa The Spiritual Father Of Chris Okafor, A Generation Of Fake Prophets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Prophets by HezronLorraine(m): 3:26am On Jan 30, 2013
What must be done to stop fake prophets from destroying peoples life all around.many would see fake visions.prophesy things that end up destroying your life.tell you all sorts of lies to make you believe in them and at times they destroy people's destiny with their evil work.please suggest what can be done to stop them,and if u've had an encounter with one please share.
Re: Fake Prophets by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 30, 2013
Good morning Hezron,

It is indeed sad that Christendom has so degenerated such that it is almost impossible to tell a true preacher from one who cares only about the weight of one's pocket. I, like you am very upset by this reality.

But I derive consolation from the fact that it was foretold by Christ himself hence I am not surprised by it. But what surprises me is the rate at which those who pride themselves in being Christians fall for these charlatans.

In order to beat this people to their gimmicks it is necessary for every Christian to put on the "hat of skepticism" and know that not everyone who calls on the name of Jesus is from him. There is a need to put every spirit to the test.

These false prophets thrive on the greed of men, similar to a fraudster. A lot of us fall victim because we are selfish and greedy. Some of us only give because of the promises attached to given and trust these fraudsters, they are never short of promises.

Thank you!
Re: Fake Prophets by HezronLorraine(m): 9:16am On Jan 30, 2013
striktlymi: Good morning Hezron,

It is indeed sad that Christendom has so degenerated such that it is almost impossible to tell a true preacher from one who cares only about the weight of one's pocket. I, like you am very upset by this reality.

But I derive consolation from the fact that it was foretold by Christ himself hence I am not surprised by it. But what surprises me is the rate at which those who pride themselves in being Christians fall for these charlatans.

In order to beat this people to their gimmicks it is necessary for every Christian to put on the "hat of skepticism" and know that not everyone who calls on the name of Jesus is from him. There is a need to put every spirit to the test.

These false prophets thrive on the greed of men, similar to a fraudster. A lot of us fall victim because we are selfish and greedy. Some of us only give because of the promises attached to given and trust these fraudsters, they are never short of promises.

Thank you!
Though christ foretold of their activities but i asu what can be done to eliminate them from being a societal threat to people's life and destiny.
Re: Fake Prophets by enilove(m): 6:33pm On Jan 30, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: What must be done to stop fake prophets from destroying peoples life all around.many would see fake visions.prophesy things that end up destroying your li
fe.tell you all sorts of lies to make you believe in them and at times they destroy people's destiny with their evil work.please suggest what can be done to stop them,and if u've had an encountqer with one please share.

There is little or nothing that can be done to stop these fake pastors.
But you on your own can stop them from deceiving you,reading your bible,living a holy life ,fast regularly and very very important is pray without ceasing.
You too will not need them anymore and you will be able to hear from God and carry fire of God .

If you are tired of the mealy -mouthed preachers that go about deceiving people in churches now adays,practice the above.

If this generatn of men & women and the churches must be saved from the shipwreck and disgrace from the wave of satanism & the occult now spreading like praire fire,then people of power must emerge from this nation. It is you and I that need to change ,then others might follow.
Re: Fake Prophets by Yooguyz: 9:53pm On May 01, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: What must be done to stop fake prophets from destroying peoples life all around.many would see fake visions.prophesy things that end up destroying your life.tell you all sorts of lies to make you believe in them and at times they destroy people's destiny with their evil work.please suggest what can be done to stop them,and if u've had an encounter with one please share.
I know of one, he's here in NL, he goes about parading himself as a christian, when in fact he is a pagan and doesn't believe in Jesus. His mission here is to stir controversy amongst brethren
Re: Fake Prophets by annyplenty(m): 5:56am On May 02, 2013
It is a pity, they are all around us. they have beseiged us like known enemies. The bible talks about them and we should not be ignorant. Knowledge of the word of God can help us to identify them. see my thread below. it may be of help.

https://www.nairaland.com/1265235/end-time-bible-teaching-awareness-false
Re: Fake Prophets by Yooguyz: 9:28am On May 11, 2013
enilove:

There is little or nothing that can be done to stop these fake pastors.
But you on your own can stop them from deceiving you,reading your bible,living a holy life ,fast regularly and very very important is pray without ceasing.
You too will not need them anymore and you will be able to hear from God and carry fire of God .

If you are tired of the mealy -mouthed preachers that go about deceiving people in churches now adays,practice the above.

If this generatn of men & women and the churches must be saved from the shipwreck and disgrace from the wave of satanism & the occult now spreading like praire fire,then people of power must emerge from this nation. It is you and I that need to change ,then others might follow.
so you feel fasting qualifies you heaven.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Women Speaking In Churches When The Bible Said They Shouldnt? / Photo: South African Pastor Makes Members Eat Grass / The Temple Of The Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.