Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:49 PM

Gurus In The House, Pls Help With Partitioning My Tecno N3 Sd Card. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gurus In The House, Pls Help With Partitioning My Tecno N3 Sd Card. (3205 Views)

Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Alpha Splash / I Need Some Info About Tecno N3 / A New Tecno Phone (tecno N3) -soon! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gurus In The House, Pls Help With Partitioning My Tecno N3 Sd Card. by cyber999: 6:41am On Jan 30, 2013
greeting,
i use tecno n3 and i just realised that i cant install any app on it anymore, it says memory full. i have moved all the moveable apps to sd card, still, i cant install new apps.

i guess if i partition my sd card i will be able to use the sd card (memory card) like an internal memory.

pls, gurus in the house, tell me what to do.
Re: Gurus In The House, Pls Help With Partitioning My Tecno N3 Sd Card. by wale0911: 11:49am On Jan 30, 2013
Have u rooted your phone, if yes then download swapper from store . That shd help
Re: Gurus In The House, Pls Help With Partitioning My Tecno N3 Sd Card. by W3xy1(m): 1:56pm On Jan 30, 2013
wale0911: Have u rooted your phone, if yes then download swapper from store . That shd help
what are the necesary step to take after downloading swapper. am new to this
Re: Gurus In The House, Pls Help With Partitioning My Tecno N3 Sd Card. by cyber999: 6:34pm On Jan 30, 2013
wale0911: Have u rooted your phone, if yes then download swapper from store . That shd help

yes, I've rooted my phone.
Is swapper used for partitioning and creating a ROM (which phone can use like it's own memory and save apps on it) on sd card?

From the review I read on play store, it is RAM expander and you can't save apps in RAM memory

My RAM is okay cos my phone performs well and play 3d apps nicely, I just wanted to partition my sd card and use the second partition as an extra ROM for apps.

And if swapper can partition sd card, can you please kindly show me the steps

Thank you very much. I really appreciate you.

1 Like

Re: Gurus In The House, Pls Help With Partitioning My Tecno N3 Sd Card. by YoungGame: 7:06pm On Jan 30, 2013
Hello nairalanders, i need n78 for sale urgently. If you have just send me a message and i will reply asap. Thanks
Re: Gurus In The House, Pls Help With Partitioning My Tecno N3 Sd Card. by Lateedee(m): 8:28pm On Jan 30, 2013
you have to use computer to partition the card. download partition wizard to ur computer remove d card from the phone then mount it on ur computer using card reader then open the partition wizard then format it and make 2 or 3 partition depending on what u want to do. afer finishing partition, the 1st partition is memory for songs it should be FAT32, The 2nd partition will serve as internal memory for the phone and it should be FAT32. or ext2 or ext3 depending on the hardware and rom of ur phone
download link2sd on ur phone and use it to mount the second partition then link all the application except system application s to second partition
Re: Gurus In The House, Pls Help With Partitioning My Tecno N3 Sd Card. by cyber999: 9:55pm On Jan 30, 2013
I have followed all the steps you outlined above but I couldn't succeed in getting the job done. After using the partition wizard to create the two partition as outlined, my card became unreadable on my pc, so I couldn't copy back up files to it, when I put it back in the phone, it's not seen by the phone, it said the card is damaged, but when I formatted it(erased every thing on it) the partition is no longer there. The link2sd does not see any partition, (it's an 8 gig card)

So I have to copy back up files to it again.

To cut the long story short, my card became unreadable after partitioning and I have to format from the phone thus undoing the partition.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Have you tried it successfully yourself?

Sorry to bother you again for this. I really appreciate your kind gesture.

Awaiting your reply.

God bless.
Re: Gurus In The House, Pls Help With Partitioning My Tecno N3 Sd Card. by Lateedee(m): 11:50pm On Jan 30, 2013
google is ur friend google this phrase "how to make memory card internal memory with link2sd
Re: Gurus In The House, Pls Help With Partitioning My Tecno N3 Sd Card. by Lateedee(m): 11:53pm On Jan 30, 2013
google is ur friend google this phrase "how to make memory card internal memory with link2sd make sure u make both partition primary and not logical and FAT32 for both partitions
Re: Gurus In The House, Pls Help With Partitioning My Tecno N3 Sd Card. by simplicit(m): 11:14am On Mar 08, 2013
pls help link2d and my pc does nt c d second partion after i partitioned my memory card....pls wat can i do?
Re: Gurus In The House, Pls Help With Partitioning My Tecno N3 Sd Card. by Immanuelar(m): 6:49pm On Apr 29, 2013
Please guys after I connected my n3 with my laptop And removed it, so screen just turn so bright nd I tried to go to display setting to change it but after some seconds it turns bright again, play help me
. Am getting scared. Pls
Re: Gurus In The House, Pls Help With Partitioning My Tecno N3 Sd Card. by Immanuelar(m): 7:09pm On Apr 29, 2013
Immanuelar: Please guys after I connected my n3 with my laptop And removed it, so screen just turn so bright nd I tried to go to display setting to change it but after some seconds it turns bright again, play help me
. Am getting scared. Pls

(1) (Reply)

Who Received The Call From 08034100 / How To Root Infinix Hot 5/hot 5 Lite X559 / See Samsung New State Of The Earth Office In Tokyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.