Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

The Nigerian Law School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Nigerian Law School (25324 Views)

Fatima Bombom-Sani Shines At Nigeria Law School, Breaks Record / Nigerian Law School Prospective 2015/2016 Set... / Nigerian Law School 2013/2014 Part II, Eligible Applicants Meet Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Law School by endure: 5:52pm On Mar 06, 2008
Hi guys,

Looking on to get some infos about the Nigerian Law school.

Anyone knows their web address?

Or more so, u can volunteer to help out with my questions grin
Re: The Nigerian Law School by brownbonno(m): 8:07pm On Mar 20, 2008
Re: The Nigerian Law School by ashirudeen: 12:14pm On Apr 14, 2009
does anyone have any idea when the law school application will be ready for bar part one?? its mid april already and still noting on thier website. help!!!!!
Re: The Nigerian Law School by AfricanUK: 9:21am On Apr 21, 2009
the forms are on : mynlsp.com
Re: The Nigerian Law School by honsule(m): 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2009
brownbonno:

http://www.mynlsportal.com/cportal/web?Event=default

Nigerian Law skol not Polytechnic website ok grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Nigerian Law School by Brownzola(m): 2:37pm On Sep 18, 2009
http://mynlsp.com/

that is the site for law school
Re: The Nigerian Law School by honsule(m): 8:42pm On Sep 28, 2009
Brownzola:

http://mynlsp.com/

that is the site for law school

better
Re: The Nigerian Law School by belsky: 9:26pm On Oct 29, 2009
pls to all those concerned,the new portal for the Nigerian Law School is www.mynlsp.com.

You will get all the info you need wen u login
Re: The Nigerian Law School by aforyagha: 1:43pm On Jan 18, 2010
When is d 2010/2011 march barch application/registration commencing?
Re: The Nigerian Law School by tayo4me(f): 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2010
Please who knows when the application for Bar Part 1 2010 session will be open?
Re: The Nigerian Law School by Frimoore(m): 4:11pm On Apr 10, 2010
tayo4me:

Please who knows when the application for Bar Part 1 2010 session will be open?

Same question am looking forward ti get answered to, Been wondering cos its April now and it aint on d website yet
Re: The Nigerian Law School by tayo4me(f): 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2010
Apparently, my friend said she called them and was told they do not know when the application will open. This is because there is a back log of Bar II students, so intead of admitting Bar I students for May/June, I think the remainder of Bar II students are being admitted.
Re: The Nigerian Law School by Frimoore(m): 4:46pm On Apr 10, 2010
tayo4me:

Apparently, my friend said she called them and was told they do not know when the application will open. This is because there is a back log of Bar II students, so intead of admitting Bar I students for May/June, I think the remainder of Bar II students are being admitted.

Does that in any way suggest that this years May/June 2010 Bar Part 1 may be scrapped or not be held this year
Re: The Nigerian Law School by tayo4me(f): 4:50pm On Apr 10, 2010
Frimoore:

Does that in any way suggest that this years May/June 2010 Bar Part 1 may be scrapped or not be held this year

This is possible, but may also mean it will be very late in the year.
Re: The Nigerian Law School by Frimoore(m): 8:43pm On Apr 10, 2010
tayo4me:

This is possible, but may also mean it will be very late in the year.

In that case,its really gonna affect the normal calendar as well as we prospective applicants since we should be joining up with the Bar Part 2 set for September 2010 start eventually, Would really be harsh
Re: The Nigerian Law School by Frimoore(m): 8:08pm On Apr 13, 2010
Frimoore:

In that case,its really gonna affect the normal calendar as well as we prospective applicants since we should be joining up with the Bar Part 2 set for September 2010 start eventually, Would really be harsh

Glad to inform you that the application for Bar Part 1 is out, Check the official website at www.mynlsp.com and start your online application immediately, See u guys in Bwari come June 14th.
All d best!
Re: The Nigerian Law School by goldenchips: 8:56pm On Apr 14, 2010
Do you know that you can actually get to study abroad in one of Europe's best Universities with as low as N500,000 for your school fees and accommodation? (Visa Guaranteed from Nigeria) Copy this this to your browser for proper information.

http://studyinukraine01..com/2010/04/study-in-best-universities-for-at-least.html
Re: The Nigerian Law School by SexyPam(f): 7:03am On May 31, 2010
Hi, I am having seeeerious issues with the law website, the website says to check for admission status by the 30th of may and till now mine still says PENDING?!!! whats that about
And using their contact details provided on the website seems futile as they dont reply mails neither do they answer calls, please could someone address both issues because I'm getting worried,
Thanks y'all undecided
Re: The Nigerian Law School by Frimoore(m): 1:27am On Jun 02, 2010
Sexy Pam:

Hi, I am having seeeerious issues with the law website, the website says to check for admission status by the 30th of may and till now mine still says PENDING?!!! whats that about
And using their contact details provided on the website seems futile as they dont reply mails neither do they answer calls, please could someone address both issues because I'm getting worried,
Thanks y'all undecided

Hey Sexy Pam, dont get yourself worked up cos u aint out of track, U should know the Nigerian way by now and how inefficient they could be at times,i had to go to the Lw School myself to ascertain everything(as a matter of fact,i was there this morning) and they are working towards getting everything uploaded on the portal but late than they said (30th May) due to late arrival of some transcripts from abroad as well as faculty reference forms accompanying them,so its not a problem at all,though they advised me to look up the portal all though this week for further updates, Mind u that my own says the same PENDING as well as others, Where r u at now?? U mind sending me ur number to frimoore@lawyer.com so we could correspond better
Re: The Nigerian Law School by tayo4me(f): 9:15pm On Jun 08, 2010
Frimoore, the admission list was uploaded today and I was given a provisional admission. Hope u've also been admitted?
Re: The Nigerian Law School by biyiwilly(m): 10:45am On Jun 18, 2010
Register for your TOEFL/GRE/GMAT @ affordable rate compared to

All registration firm in Nigeria.

TOEFL @ N26,250.00 $175.00

GRE @ N28,500.00 $190.00

GMAT @ N39,000.00 $250.00

We also give you tutorials on all the exams….for more information

Call: 08023343047, 08063114931, 01-8837758.

Email: billbiyi@b2consultingng.com

Re: The Nigerian Law School by fishcake(m): 12:08am On Nov 25, 2010
Hi guy's,
I'm new to this website but in dire need of some information and was wondering if anyone could help.
Does the Nigerian Law School accept students from the 'Open university' having achieved a Qualifying Law degree?
A positive response will be appreciated.
Re: The Nigerian Law School by endure: 1:22pm On Dec 06, 2010
fishcake:

Hi guy's,
I'm new to this website but in dire need of some information and was wondering if anyone could help.
Does the Nigerian Law School accept students from the 'Open university' having achieved a Qualifying Law degree?
A positive response will be appreciated.

Go read this on Punch http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201010030522995 hope it helps
Re: The Nigerian Law School by fishcake(m): 12:43am On Dec 07, 2010
ENDURE,
To you my very good brother, thank you ever so much for the link in respect of my
question. Remarkably helpful l must admit, shedding more light on basic points.
Once again,many thanks!
Re: The Nigerian Law School by trustboy: 7:26pm On Jun 30, 2011
I need someone to help me here. I hold an Msc from a University in the UK. I recently applied and got admitted to study for an MA Law degree in the UK. This is a 2 year Qualifying Law degree which satisfies the requirements of the Solicitors Regulatory Authority in UK. In addition i would be studying all the core subjects required by the Nigerian Law School.
I sent an email to a Director of Administration at the Nigerian Law School and was told the program would not qualify me for admission because it is an MA and not LLB. Can someone please advise me on this. The Nigerian Law school website mentions the core subjects and a Qualifying Law degree but places no emphasis on the LLB.
Re: The Nigerian Law School by trustboy: 8:37pm On Jul 03, 2011
i//
Re: The Nigerian Law School by gabboy2009: 12:30pm On Oct 16, 2012
Hello, I am only new here. I have recently completed a Law degree in the UK and wish to attend the Law School in Nigeria. However I am a bit confused on some of the information on the NLS website with regards to obtaining a qualifying Law Degree.

1. My degree clearly states LLB, but I did not study Commercial Law which I have now realised is a core module for LLB in Nigeria. Would this affect my application to the LS in anyway

2. I studied Law of Criminal Evidence, would this be accepted as Evidence in Nigeria? And

3. When would application and enrolment for the 2013 commence.

I would appreciate a good answer please. Please do not hesitate to answer one or more questions if you do not know the answers to all.

Thank you in advance.
Re: The Nigerian Law School by ry44: 5:09am On Oct 17, 2012
gabboy2009: Hello, I am only new here. I have recently completed a Law degree in the UK and wish to attend the Law School in Nigeria. However I am a bit confused on some of the information on the NLS website with regards to obtaining a qualifying Law Degree.

1. My degree clearly states LLB, but I did not study Commercial Law which I have now realised is a core module for LLB in Nigeria. Would this affect my application to the LS in anyway

2. I studied Law of Criminal Evidence, would this be accepted as Evidence in Nigeria? And

3. When would application and enrolment for the 2013 commence.

I would appreciate a good answer please. Please do not hesitate to answer one or more questions if you do not know the answers to all.

Thank you in advance.

For those who studied abroad, to attend the Nigerian Law School,NLS, you must have graduated from a University in a Common Law country. That is, a country which has a Common Law jurisdiction.

The category you will go for will be the ''Bar Part I'' since you studied in the UK.

The last session for ''Bar Part I'' started their registration in April 2012, so expectedly, the next session should normally commence around March or April 2013. But always visit the NLS website for updates. https://www.mynlsp.com.

As for Evidence, I think the ''Law of Criminal Evidence'' in the UK should be acceptable as ''Law of evidence'' equivalent in Nigeria by the Nigerian Law School,but you have to confirm this.

But on the issue of ''Commercial Law'', it is mandatory for you to have studied it in the UK. But I don't know if the NLS has any waiver on this. Read this quote below from the NLS website:

‘’In all cases, the Law subjects taken must include the Law of Contract, the
Law of Tort, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Land Law, Equity and Trusts, the Law of
Evidence, and Commercial Law. Each of these subjects must have been studied and passed as a
separate subject.’’

So it is a prerequisite for admission into the NLS. And you have to do the ''Part I'' before the ''Part II'' of the Bar exams since you studied abroad.

You really need to find out more on these issues to know where you stand.
Re: The Nigerian Law School by excel4sure: 11:01pm On Nov 20, 2012
Hi,
l would like to find out if Bar 1 application form for 2013 is now available,if No,when will it be available? And is the application form online or do i have to collect the hard copy from Abuja?
Re: The Nigerian Law School by Evankoko(f): 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2013
Is out nw.check universities nw 2aply
Re: The Nigerian Law School by Evankoko(f): 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2013
Is out nw

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Respected Courses In Nigerian Universities? / Kwara State Polytechnic Expels Eight Students For Exam Malpractice (full List) / End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.