Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Aliko Dangote Now Worlds Richest Black And 334 Richest Man. . . . - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aliko Dangote Now Worlds Richest Black And 334 Richest Man. . . . (2985 Views)

Meet Aliko Dangote's Daughter, Halima / Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. / Principles That Made Dangote The Richest Black Man On Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliko Dangote Now Worlds Richest Black And 334 Richest Man. . . . by paddylo1(m): 6:30pm On Mar 06, 2008
OK. . .Aliko Dangote is now officially the worlds richest black person worth approx. . .$3.3Billion. . .[list]

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/10/billionaires08_The-Worlds-Billionaires-Middle-East-Africa_6Rank.html

the next closest black person is south African patrice Motsepe at $2.4billion

this is from forbes ranking released today. . .what do u all think. . .

personally i think dangote is worth more. . . but again we Nigerians should encourage more enterprenuership and grow our local stock markets. .

thats how it is in russia,china,brazil and india. . .peace.
Re: Aliko Dangote Now Worlds Richest Black And 334 Richest Man. . . . by 4Him(m): 6:33pm On Mar 06, 2008
. . . with plenty of government assistance.
Re: Aliko Dangote Now Worlds Richest Black And 334 Richest Man. . . . by paddylo1(m): 6:46pm On Mar 06, 2008
@4Him
check out other billionaires on the list from Russia to India,from Brazil to Singapore,and see that they too got lots of Govt assistance,the important thing is to keep The wealth of a nation within its shores and controlled by its people,its a shame that there are only 2 verifyable black billionaires in the whole of Africa,mainly because we let outsiders exploit and control our wealth. . .peace
Re: Aliko Dangote Now Worlds Richest Black And 334 Richest Man. . . . by 4Play(m): 6:54pm On Mar 06, 2008
paddy_lo:

@4Him
check out other billionaires on the list from Russia to India,from Brazil to Singapore,and see that they too got lots of Govt assistance,the important thing is to keep The wealth of a nation within its shores and controlled by its people,its a shame that there are only 2 verifyable black billionaires in the whole of Africa,mainly because we let outsiders exploit and control our wealth. . .peace

The nations you mentioned,except Singapore,are not exactly exemplary nations for Nigeria to copy.They are all developing countries with high levels of poverty.

Besides that,that some people in Russia or India made money from Govt contracts doesn't justify the wanton theft and nepotism that produces the likes of Dangote.

As for keeping wealth within the nation's shores.The key thing is that our wealth shouldn't be pilfered by means of Govt contracts in the first place.Whether a looter decides to keep his loot within the country or outside shouldn't be our key concern.
Re: Aliko Dangote Now Worlds Richest Black And 334 Richest Man. . . . by 4Him(m): 7:00pm On Mar 06, 2008
paddy_lo:

@4Him

There are very well much more than 2 billionaires from Africa . . . the problem is most of them are thieves whose hands are soiled by the contents of government's cookie jar.
Babangida is richer than Dangote . . .

I dont respect Dangote . . . thanks to him our budding rice industry went underground. I'd rather have a viable food industry that depends less on imports than rich thieves finding their way to the Forbes rich list.
Re: Aliko Dangote Now Worlds Richest Black And 334 Richest Man. . . . by paddylo1(m): 7:13pm On Mar 06, 2008
@4Him
u sound like u don't understand Nigerias dilenma. . . .there is a corrupt past,but there is also a bright future that beckons. . .the only way to make everybody wealthy is to encourage conglomorates the like of dangotes to have a huge stake in the nigerian economy,for one it encourages stability cause everyone has a stake in it. . .

two it encourages local technical knowhow and expertise. . .for example. .i would rather a nigerian entity owned ALSCON than the russian RUSAL. . .same for Ajaokuta(steel mine). . .than the indians that own it now. . .rather a Globacom than an MTN. . .

So u see the point is local ownership. . .look at what the banks have accomplished. . .it is how to go in the future. . .plus dangotes recent sugar refinery just listed on the nigerian stock exchange,has doubled in price and made hundreds of Nigerians millionaires in just 6-8months. . .thats how to go for the future. . .
Re: Aliko Dangote Now Worlds Richest Black And 334 Richest Man. . . . by stocknrock: 7:16pm On Mar 06, 2008
Well I think you may be well mistaken here!

According to my map of Africa. Egypt is part of africa, and the worlds richest are the Orascom children. Onsi Sawiris to be precise with about $5.2bn

I guess you should check ur facts correctly before posting broda
Re: Aliko Dangote Now Worlds Richest Black And 334 Richest Man. . . . by kadafi(m): 7:20pm On Mar 06, 2008
It wasnt only two africans on the list there were a few from egypt too
Re: Aliko Dangote Now Worlds Richest Black And 334 Richest Man. . . . by paddylo1(m): 7:20pm On Mar 06, 2008
i said black African. . .those dudes are more arab than black African. . .and the other 2 from south africa are white people
Re: Aliko Dangote Now Worlds Richest Black And 334 Richest Man. . . . by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:26pm On Mar 06, 2008
well done oh paddy_lo, I was looking at this today.
I know the undersetimated this guys net worth
Re: Aliko Dangote Now Worlds Richest Black And 334 Richest Man. . . . by oziomatv(m): 8:41pm On Mar 06, 2008
I'm happy at last to hear that a blackman a Nigerian for that matter is listed in that club. for the past 5years I've been following forbes.
It doesn't matter if he get govt. support or not at least we can start from one person.

(1) (Reply)

LG Electronics Showroom Now In Mowe / Distributors Needed Across Nigeria.... Northern States Priotized / Who Knows D Cost Of A Bag Of Crayfish In Onitsha Know And Hw Many Painters In It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.