Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Fg Is Wasteful,Ezekwesili Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Is Wasteful,Ezekwesili Insists (682 Views)

Appointments That Shows Buhari's Administration Is Wasteful - Naij / Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself / Alleged Oil Sector Fraud: ‘ Why FG Is Not Charging Diezani, Others Now’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Is Wasteful,Ezekwesili Insists by Gbenge77(m): 1:31pm On Jan 30, 2013
Re: Fg Is Wasteful,Ezekwesili Insists by Gbenge77(m): 1:34pm On Jan 30, 2013
I did post from a mobile ,so i am unable to share the whole report.Anyone who can should please do so.
Re: Fg Is Wasteful,Ezekwesili Insists by Geomac: 1:51pm On Jan 30, 2013
Not minding the salvo the Federal Government fired at her over her comments, the former education minister, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili, says she remains undeterred. In a statement yesterday Ezekwesili said: "I remain resolute in demanding full disclosure and accountability by the Federal Government on the issues of poor management of oil revenues – especially the Excess Crude Account and the Foreign Reserve Account. The recent reaction by the spokesperson of the administration failed to respond responsibly to my demand for accountability.

"In my convocation lecture at the University of Nigeria, I had stated concerning the poor management of oil revenues as follows: The present cycle of boom of the 2010s is however much more vexing than the other four that happened in the 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s.

This is because we are still caught up in it even as I speak today and it is more egregious than the other periods in revealing that we learned absolutely nothing from the previous massive failures.

"Furthermore, it is happening back to back with the squandering of the significant sum of $45 billion in foreign reserve account and another $22 billion in the Excess Crude Account being direct savings from increased earnings from oil that the Obasanjo administration handed over to the successor government in 2007.

Six years after the administration I served handed over such humongous national wealth to another one; most Nigerians but especially the poor continue to suffer the effects of failing public health and education systems as well as decrepit infrastructure and battered institutions.

"What exactly does Nigeria convey with this level of brazen misappropriation of public resources? Where did all that money go? Where is the accountability for the use of both these resources plus the additional several hundred billions of dollars realized from oil sale by the two administrations that have governed our nation in the last six years? How were these resources applied or more appropriately, misapplied?"

She challenged the Federal Government to a public debate on the questions raised in her speech, and tasked the government to model the democratic culture of responding to citizens' demands for accountability especially at a time when the general public was eager for improvement in the good governance records of the administration.

Also taking the Federal government up on the allegation against her on mismanaged money while in office as education minister, the former World Bank chief said: "I wish to reassure Nigerians that my integrity and transparent record in public office can never be tarnished by baseless allegations regarding my 10 months as minister of education.

Citizens who follow education sector closely will know that the education sector budget, which the government spokesperson carelessly referred to represents the consolidated direct budgetary allocation by the National Assembly to the 22 parastatals plus all the federal universities, polytechnics and colleges of education in the country.

At no time does a sitting minister of education have access to the budgets of statutory bodies under the ministry."
Re: Fg Is Wasteful,Ezekwesili Insists by petertosh: 1:52pm On Jan 30, 2013
deleted
Re: Fg Is Wasteful,Ezekwesili Insists by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:09pm On Jan 30, 2013
I like how she's taking the gov't to task on issues of financial/budgetary accountability; to the gov't she's like that annoying bedbug that just doesn't wanna let you be. Good on her. wink
Re: Fg Is Wasteful,Ezekwesili Insists by plendil: 2:35pm On Jan 30, 2013
I find it interesting that the best person to respond to her allegation has maintained a curious silence all this while. No official statement to the best of my knowledge has proceeded from her.

Not only did she serve in the previous administration she is in fact one of the architects of the debt forgiveness. And it under her watch the Nigeria has once again amassed such a humongous debt.

I really wonder what could be going on in her mind. Because lets face, Ezekwesili's damming revelation, as I said in a previous thread, is a direct indictment on her.
Re: Fg Is Wasteful,Ezekwesili Insists by peacekeeper: 2:35pm On Jan 30, 2013
Maku, Omokri, Oronto, Abati n Okukpe will be having sleepless nights. This is one very stubborn woman who has refused to be bullied into silence..

Nice one ma'am..
Re: Fg Is Wasteful,Ezekwesili Insists by Omen100(m): 2:42pm On Jan 30, 2013
nice one there Aunty Oby & now over to president jonathan's constituted high level task force & 40men laptop squad to respond Aunty Oby.

Re: Fg Is Wasteful,Ezekwesili Insists by nuclearboy(m): 3:18pm On Jan 30, 2013
I've always said some of the best minds in this country are Igbo!

Sad that its mainly the chidish noise-makers and money worshiping ones ready to sell their fatherland for pottage that abound on NL! I wish many here would take a leaf from this great woman - sound, straight-forward, and not given to flamboyant posturing

Put her forward for president etc, not the AGIPs and people will take you serious!
Re: Fg Is Wasteful,Ezekwesili Insists by Gbenge77(m): 3:27pm On Jan 30, 2013
I wonder why the Fg Is shying away from a debate if they really know their onions.The truth is,her damning allegations hit them like a bolt out of the blue.I reckon a huge chunk of that fund was spent on Gejs election bid.
Re: Fg Is Wasteful,Ezekwesili Insists by Rhino5dm: 4:22pm On Jan 30, 2013
Madam due process your massage is copied loud and clear!!

Over to you Jonathan and the 40 thieves.

Gbenge 77: I wonder why the Fg Is shying away from a debate if they really know their onions.The truth is,her damning allegations hit them like a bolt out of the blue.I reckon a huge chunk of that fund was spent on Gejs election bid.

Debate? okay, dey there dey wait for debate sotey sotey sotey(Sound Sultan). . .Our incoherent PHD holder has a record of either debating himself or debating Dbanj. Remember, Jonathan refused to honor presidential debate before 2011 polls.

The only debating team in the offing is sending his attack dogs to play dirty while the 40 laptop crew entertain us with their acute stupiidity.
Re: Fg Is Wasteful,Ezekwesili Insists by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 30, 2013
I have forgotten that she was the woman called "madam due process ". I hope her vice presidential ambition is real! thumbs up to her. smiley
Re: Fg Is Wasteful,Ezekwesili Insists by peacekeeper: 5:02pm On Jan 30, 2013
Gbenge 77: I am posted from a mobile,thats the reason i am unable to post the whole report.Anyone who can should please do so.

cheesy
Re: Fg Is Wasteful,Ezekwesili Insists by Adurangba(f): 7:45pm On Jan 30, 2013
This is the woman who turned all Nigerian higher institutions to world class when she was the Minister of Education, real world class, and we are still reeling in that fact. Oh, she will make a good president of America.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Boundry Market Has Being Reopen After Paying 75million Naira / Jona Licking The Hand That Feeds / Before The Centenary Celebration By Chris Okotie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.