Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON (7366 Views)

Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled / Drogba Snubs Ghana Threat, Tips Senegal And Morocco At Afcon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by MAYOWAAK: 8:35pm On Jan 30, 2013
The Nigeria Football Federation and officials of the sports ministry misinformed Nigerians about the status of referee Grisha Ghead, the official who was in charge of the match between Zambia and Nigeria in Mbombela.

While the NFF and officials of the ministry of sports claimed that Ghead had been sent home by Caf, it was observed that the Egyptian was the fourth official in Wednesday’s Group D game between Algeria and Cote D’Ivoire in Rustenburg.

In a previous release by the director of media, Demola Olajire, the NFF had claimed that Ghead had been punished by Caf for his poor handling of the encounter between the Super Eagles and the Chipolopolo where a late penalty call was given to the defending champions.

However, events on Wednesday proved that the football federation had sold a dummy to Nigerians as they tried to shift attention from the team’s inability to win matches.

When contacted, Olajire told Goal.com: "That was the impression that Caf gave us [that he had been suspended]."

After the news broke last week in Nigerian media circles, Goal.com sent an email to the Caf Media Channel but never got a response.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4687/2013-africa-cup-of-nations/2013/01/30/3713218/egytian-referee-grisha-ghead-still-working-at-afcon?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_1
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by superior1: 9:22am On Jan 31, 2013
The Referee na Issa Hayatou's boy nah wink wink wink wink
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by Ebuka478(m): 9:25am On Jan 31, 2013
Hmm. Why am i not surprised?

1 Like

Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by Nonybb: 9:26am On Jan 31, 2013
So All na wash. May God punish that mohammadean called isah

2 Likes

Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by wildchild1: 9:26am On Jan 31, 2013
Nigerian officials and lies tho *ssmh*
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by outrage: 9:28am On Jan 31, 2013
That guy own na beans, compaired to the refereeing of togo-tunisia

Omo, that refree go get award..

Refereing in afcon is mediocre!

4 Likes

Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 31, 2013
MAYOWAAK: The Nigeria Football Federation and officials of the sports ministry misinformed Nigerians about the status of referee Grisha Ghead, the official who was in charge of the match between Zambia and Nigeria in Mbombela.

While the NFF and officials of the ministry of sports claimed that Ghead had been sent home by Caf, it was observed that the Egyptian was the fourth official in Wednesday’s Group D game between Algeria and Cote D’Ivoire in Rustenburg.

In a previous release by the director of media, Demola Olajire, the NFF had claimed that Ghead had been punished by Caf for his poor handling of the encounter between the Super Eagles and the Chipolopolo where a late penalty call was given to the defending champions.

However, events on Wednesday proved that the football federation had sold a dummy to Nigerians as they tried to shift attention from the team’s inability to win matches.

When contacted, Olajire told Goal.com: "That was the impression that Caf gave us [that he had been suspended]."

After the news broke last week in Nigerian media circles, Goal.com sent an email to the Caf Media Channel but never got a response.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4687/2013-africa-cup-of-nations/2013/01/30/3713218/egytian-referee-grisha-ghead-still-working-at-afcon?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_1. If u sack the man na u go feed him family? Abeg nobe d man say mek mikel miss him own penalty so allow him mek he enjoy his work. Chia mek drogba no score us dat kind offside goal of 2006 o

Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by phemmisky(m): 9:31am On Jan 31, 2013
I neva for once blived the Nigerian officials...
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by Shifiunited: 9:35am On Jan 31, 2013
superior1: The Referee na Issa Hayatou's boy nah wink wink wink wink
excuse me, is the refree from cameroon, just curiuos.

1 Like

Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by Scarpon(m): 9:36am On Jan 31, 2013
at least we don put fear for hin body

1 Like

Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by gramci: 9:36am On Jan 31, 2013
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by emandman: 9:48am On Jan 31, 2013
Jst lyk @togo-tunisia match...ref gave card to a wrong man,sparing d1 dt actualy fouled....
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by chrisxxx(m): 9:49am On Jan 31, 2013
If NFF can tell an obvious lie how are we sure that Keshi is the coach of Super Eagles?
My doubt is based on the premise that same NFF that sacked Siasia based on contractual breach is changing goal post in the the middle of the game that Keshi's performance in SA will not be a yardstick to evaluate his quality. Meanwhile his contractual terms obviously implies and hinges on a set level of performance.
I am seeing the NFF as the coach with Keshi just a representative or a camouflage with the remuneration of the coach shared among themselves. This is the case. With or without success Keshi remains the coach inasmuch as the sharing status quo remains.
Crooks everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by DOD1: 9:50am On Jan 31, 2013
Even if they gave nff such an impression, I av always doubted if that story would be officially true. Caf was only bluffing.
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by Tolexander: 9:52am On Jan 31, 2013
If he was sent home for just an error of falling down in the 18yard box , what should be the fate of many referees that have flaws falling prey of diving in officiating european matches? What were the linesmen watching during the incidence or weren't they also officiating?
Was he the one that make mikel to miss the penalty?
Better they leave the referee alone cos if it were to be against the zambian, will they crave for his sack!
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by pek(m): 10:06am On Jan 31, 2013
Anyone who believed that story either doesnt know anything about football or is not living in the modern times. 1. When a referee is sent home from a competition for any reason, the official website for the competition is the first to break the news. When i heard the news, I went to CAF website but nothing of such. Same with BBC. 2. CAF president cannot make the decision to send any referee home. It is not his place. It is the referees' committee that can do that. 3. CAF and FIFA does not have dealings with sports ministers. It is the country's FA. 4. The referee's performance was not bad, he only got a call wrong. It was down to human error and nothing else.

3 Likes

Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by sylve11: 10:08am On Jan 31, 2013
grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by Frostyzone(m): 10:16am On Jan 31, 2013
It's now becoming obvious that Nigeria is no longer being respected like before in the continent.

How can you respect a country that cannot broadcast a common Afcon tournament to the masses.

#Naijaisfuckedup.
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by OluEmmaAss: 10:21am On Jan 31, 2013
At work, not every act of indiscipline merits a sack. It's okay for him to still remain in service in another capacity after all he has being punished for his mistake and this will surely affect his future as far as refereeing is concerned.
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by Kaxmytex(m): 10:35am On Jan 31, 2013
Make NFF 4get evrytin jawe..
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by Kaxmytex(m): 10:35am On Jan 31, 2013
Officiation 4 diz yr afcon...no b smal tin o...
I fink CAF gat alot 2 do..
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by hardbody: 10:38am On Jan 31, 2013
chrisxxx: If NFF can tell an obvious lie how are we sure that Keshi is the coach of Super Eagles?
My doubt is based on the premise that same NFF that sacked Siasia based on contractual breach is changing goal post in the the middle of the game that Keshi's performance in SA will not be a yardstick to evaluate his quality. Meanwhile his contractual terms obviously implies and hinges on a set level of performance.
I am seeing the NFF as the coach with Keshi just a representative or a camouflage with the remuneration of the coach shared among themselves. This is the case. With or without success Keshi remains the coach inasmuch as the sharing status quo remains.
Crooks everywhere.

Good morning this evening. So you are just comming to terms with the fact that Keshi has been planted there just to share money with NFF members? I never believed for once that Keshi has technical depth more than Siasia and i also believe very strongly that Sia1 lost out because he refused to agree to any sharing formula with NFF while also trying hard to instil discipline in the team.

Odemwingie is not playing today because he refused to pay Keshi. It is a terribly corrupt NFF, taking from a more terribly corrupt nation where criminals who admit to stealing 23billion are given option of fine of 750million. The rest is history.

But for patriotism and the love of the game, i would be praying and fasting for a humiliating and embarrassing goal line on Sunday against Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by dulaman: 10:38am On Jan 31, 2013
outrage: That guy own na beans, compaired to the refereeing of togo-tunisia

true talk. I wonder if these refs wat european fotbal. Whn i was watchn the match, i was lik WTF! Adebayor got 3 'clean' penalty and d man no give them. bt gave tunisian 2 penalties. Thank God they are out
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 31, 2013
Why must the NFF lie and sell dummies to the public?
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by Immune1(m): 10:45am On Jan 31, 2013

That refree's agenda was to put Tunisia in the quarter finals.
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 31, 2013
Nonybb: So All na wash. May God punish that mohammadean called isah

Y cnt u jst tink wt ur head 4 once...wen ll u stat making reasonable comments @ ur age n stop bin an uneducated slowpoke.
If CAF said dey suspended d ref. 4 som matches, does dt mean he hs bn snt away...u shud rather blame d NFF dt cookd a story to console Nigerians.
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by mymadam(m): 10:55am On Jan 31, 2013
Frostyzone: It's now becoming obvious that Nigeria is no longer being respected like before in the continent.

How can you respect a country that cannot broadcast a common Afcon tournament to the masses.

#Naijaisfuckedup#

Na today? God bless Nigeria sha.
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by gerrardomendes(m): 11:20am On Jan 31, 2013
dont worry. i've mobilised d ALUU youths. on our way to south africa. we have a referee to lynch.
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by chrisxxx(m): 11:31am On Jan 31, 2013
Bros see I know. I am just saying the obvious
hardbody:

Good morning this evening. So you are just comming to terms with the fact that Keshi has been planted there just to share money with NFF members? I never believed for once that Keshi has technical depth more than Siasia and i also believe very strongly that Sia1 lost out because he refused to agree to any sharing formula with NFF while also trying hard to instil discipline in the team.

Odemwingie is not playing today because he refused to pay Keshi. It is a terribly corrupt NFF, taking from a more terribly corrupt nation where criminals who admit to stealing 23billion are given option of fine of 750million. The rest is history.

But for patriotism and the love of the game, i would be praying and fasting for a humiliating and embarrassing goal line on Sunday against Nigeria.
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by RedLight1: 11:44am On Jan 31, 2013

that togo refree made the egyptian looks like howard webb grin grin
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by ceeceeco: 1:16pm On Jan 31, 2013
If u guys had watched d match btw Togo & Tunisia u wuldn't bother criticizing Ghead. The south African referee(Daniel Bennett) was a huge disappointment & disgrace 2 CAF. D@ is d worst officiatin i've eva seen in my whole life as a futbol fan...Daniel Bennett shuld b banned 4 life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bet9ja Mate ....check These Tickets Out / Mixed Fortunes For Nigeria As Abugan Makes 400m Commonwealth Games Final! / D'tigress Reach Afrobasket Quarterfinals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.