Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,048 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? (4299 Views)

Poll: ON WHOSE SIDE DO YOU STAND

ISRAEL: 51% (16 votes)
PALESTINE&ARAB: 32% (10 votes)
INDIFFERENT: 16% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Fani-Kayode Calls Bayo Shittu A Boko Haram Sympathiser Or A Coward / Man Sleeping While INEC Chairman Was Adressing The Nation / E.X.P.O.S.E.D. The Lies By One Of Boko Haram Sympathiser,kayode OGUNDAMISI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by Nobody: 1:00am On Mar 07, 2008
just thought to find out, any friend/sympathiser of the nation ISREAL?.don't know but i just akinda feel sorry for them at a time like this when all their neighbours (countries in the middle east) have denounced them.
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by JayFK(m): 1:25am On Mar 07, 2008
I think you may have opened a can of worms
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by 4Him(m): 1:40am On Mar 07, 2008
Israel has over 200 nuclear missiles . . . i'd feel sorry for her neighbours instead.
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by Nobody: 4:01am On Mar 07, 2008
what with the collective threath to their existence, and the recent denouncement from the once neutral saudi govmnt
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by Rlst84sale(m): 4:16am On Mar 07, 2008
The Lord fights for Israel, her neighbors could try all they could, for every Israeli they hurt or kill, they will lose 100 to 1000. I really don't feel soory for those heartless, ruthless neighbors of theirs. When Israel retaliates then the whole world would be crying that Israel is killing them but they don't cry and sanction them for attacking Israel first.
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by JayFK(m): 4:18am On Mar 07, 2008
Nothing against the Jewish people but the state of Israel was established on Palestinian Lands, the UK and the other morons gave the land to the Israelis based on Biblical history even though the Palestinians had been living there for the Past, oh I dunnoooo how many centuries? The state of Israel should have been established on German lands since they are the ones who attempted to eliminate them. Other than that, Jewish dudes are cool, sexy women they got too.
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by JayFK(m): 4:19am On Mar 07, 2008
Rlst84sale:

The Lord fights for Israel, her neighbors could try all they could, for every Israeli they hurt or kill, they will lose 100 to 1000. I really don't feel soory for those heartless, ruthless neighbors of theirs. When Israel retaliates then the whole world would be crying that Israel is killing them but they don't cry and sanction them for attacking Israel first.

I knew someone would come with this Biblical crap.
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by Tornadoz(m): 4:35am On Mar 07, 2008
@JayFK
You ain't seen nothing yet. Never mind some 109 Palestinians died at the weekend,this is why "Urban legends" exist, for those who don't check facts.
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by bawomolo(m): 4:51am On Mar 07, 2008
Nothing against the Jewish people but the state of Israel was established on Palestinian Lands

pls, three quarters of palestine is jordan. where were the palestinians when jordan took control of jerusalem. where were the palestinians when egypt annexed Gaza?? why weren't palestinians screaming to get the sea of galilee from syria?? before the partition, 8% of the land was originally owned by palestinian jews. the british bought some of the land from the palestinian owners while partitioning the others. israel got less arable land compared to the palestinian half.
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by 4Him(m): 4:56am On Mar 07, 2008
JayFK:

Nothing against the Jewish people but the state of Israel was established on Palestinian Lands,

Up until 1948 the term "palestinian" refered to a JEW living in Palestine.
Palestine was the greco-roman name given to the land of Israel by Emperor Hadrian after the 70AD crushing of the last jewish revolt.
The name palestine was coined from the ancient philistines (of mediteranean stock) who have since ceased to exist.

In all the above . . . no arab influence! How then did "palestinian lands" suddenly become arab lands?

JayFK:

the UK and the other morons gave the land to the Israelis based on Biblical history even though the Palestinians had been living there for the Past, oh I dunnoooo how many centuries?

THAT IS FALSE! Arabs have not been living in Palestine for centuries. Jerusalem has been the capital of Israel for the last 3000yrs.

JayFK:

The state of Israel should have been established on German lands since they are the ones who attempted to eliminate them. Other than that, Jewish dudes are cool, sexy women they got too.

The Jews formed the larger part of the population of Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria prior to 1948 . . . so did u expect to uproot those ones to Germany?
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by Tornadoz(m): 5:27am On Mar 07, 2008
This was what the Polish immigrant (he was born in Płońsk) who later became the first Israeli premier said:

"Let us not ignore the truth among ourselves , politically we are the aggressors and they defend themselves, The country is theirs, because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down, and in their view we want to take away from them their country."
—David Ben Gurion

I rest my case.
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by simmy(m): 11:20am On Mar 07, 2008
quoted from 4him
Palestine was the greco-roman name given to the land of Israel by Emperor Hadrian after the 70AD crushing of the last jewish revolt.
The name palestine was coined from the ancient philistines (of mediteranean stock) who have since ceased to exist.

In all the above . . . no arab influence! How then did "palestinian lands" suddenly become arab lands

Sorry dude thats false. Im suprised at how manipulative of the truth Xtians are when this issue is concerned. The name palestine was coined by Hadrian aftyer crushing the Jewish revolt and driving away almost ALL of the Jews and resetlling them all around Europe and Asia. These lands where then settled in by Arabs for almost 2000 years before the victors of WW2 forcibly brought the jews back.

THAT IS FALSE! Arabs have not been living in Palestine for centuries. Jerusalem has been the capital of Israel for the last 3000yrs.

The state of Israel doidnt exist till after WW2

The Jews formed the larger part of the population of Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria prior to 1948 . . . so did u expect to uproot those ones to Germany?

Thats soo false its evil. there were jews living in palestine agreed, but they were definitely in the minority, most jews lived in europe and elsewhere.
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 07, 2008
prehistoric times have it that even the palestine territory was conquered by King David.so it belongs to Israel[b].Logic[/b]
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by simmy(m): 12:31pm On Mar 07, 2008
ok, so lets go back even further than when david conquered palestine , mr logic! the caananites lived there, so do u think they have the right to come to present day israel and boot all the jews into a concentration camp?
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by texazzpete(m): 1:36pm On Mar 07, 2008
Tornadoz:

@JayFK
You ain't seen nothing yet. Never mind some 109 Palestinians died at the weekend,this is why "Urban legends" exist, for those who don't check facts.

Of course!! and the Qassam II rockets fired into Israel daily explode in a shower of bubbles, confetti and silk streamers abi?

Missiles are being fired into Israel almost on a daily basis. an israeli was killed by a missile last week. Pity you didn't bother reporting this, eh?

simmy:

ok, so lets go back even further than when david conquered palestine , mr logic! the caananites lived there, so do u think they have the right to come to present day israel and boot all the jews into a concentration camp?
And the palestinians are in a concentration camp?
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by JayFK(m): 3:17pm On Mar 07, 2008
4Him:

In all the above . . . no arab influence! How then did "palestinian lands" suddenly become arab lands?

No dude, Palestinian meant anyone who lived in Palestine, much like "American" is anyone who lives in America. You also might want to check out the Crusades to see how Jerusalem has been conquered over and over again. It has been owned by Persians,Ottomans and of course The crusaders.

"Israel" has only existed since 1948, The current inhabitants are known as "Israeli" not "Israelite", please don't tell me you are one of those religious freaks who extend their beliefs to politics? c'mon

There is a hugeeeeeee Jewish diaspora, Pre WWII majority of them lived in Germany, Poland, France, Italy, Iran and Slavic lands(Igbos are not Jews!!!). Now Hitler one day thinks to himself "why not conquer the world and Kill all the Jews?" so he attempts to annihilate the Jews living in Europe, with his trusty sycophant Himmler and the psychopath Mengele, of course he fails being the incompetent dictator that he is. So post WWII, Britain being the genius that She is, said to herself and France, "why not settle this diaspora of Jews in the middle east? Sure we can displace the people who have been living there for the past half millennium, because of course in the Bible says Palestine is the home of the Israelites right and the Bible is always right, right?" and since then the middle east has known no peace. And of course the J'ihad foundation has flourished there since then. Arabs are just mad because they think Jerusalem is their "Holy City"
and therefore are entitled to it, they dont give a shit about the Palestinians, and never mind that both Jewish and Christian communities consider it theirs too. Sure i sympathize with the Jews for their situation, but I do not agree with the decision made, taking away the Land from one group and giving it to the other.
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by 4Play(m): 4:06pm On Mar 07, 2008
JayFK:

Now Hitler one day thinks to himself "why not conquer the world and Kill all the Jews?" so he attempts to annihilate the Jews living in Europe, with his trusty sycophant Himmler and the psychopath Mengele, of course he fails being the incompetent dictator that he is. So post WWII, Britain being the genius that She is, said to herself and France, "why not settle this diaspora of Jews in the middle east? Sure we can displace the people who have been living there for the past half millennium, because of course in the Bible says Palestine is the home of the Israelites right and the Bible is always right, right?"

Post World War II? Your attempt at a historical synopsis was purely comedic.WWII ended in 1945,only someone who is ahistorical would trace Jewish migration to post WWII.

"Israel" has only existed since 1948

Has there ever been a state called Palestine?

And of course the J'ihad foundation has flourished there since then. Arabs are just mad because they think Jerusalem is their "Holy City"

Jihad has flourished only since 1948? Was it not through Jihad that the Arabs settled the land in the first place centuries ago?

Sure i sympathize with the Jews for their situation, but I do not agree with the decision made, taking away the Land from one group and giving it to the other.

You speak as if Jewish presence there is entirely new.There has been a continuous Jewish indigenous presence going back more than 2 millenniums ,even predating the Arab presence.
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by 4Him(m): 4:19pm On Mar 07, 2008
Tornadoz:

This was what the Polish immigrant (he was born in Płońsk) who later became the first Israeli premier said:

"Let us not ignore the truth among ourselves , politically we are the aggressors and they defend themselves, The country is theirs, because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down, and in their view we want to take away from them their country."
—David Ben Gurion

I rest my case.

Here is the problem with all these "quotes", you NEVER find the real source of the quote all you see are words taken completely out of context and twisted for purposes of propaganda. That "quote" was coined from a speech made by Ben Gurion in 1938 . . . a comprehensive read through of the speech clearly exposes the deciet in those who gullibly copy this to justify their anti-Israeli stance. No such quote actually exists in the speech.

simmy:

Sorry dude thats false. I'm suprised at how manipulative of the truth Xtians are when this issue is concerned. The name palestine was coined by Hadrian aftyer crushing the Jewish revolt and driving away almost ALL of the Jews and resetlling them all around Europe and Asia. These lands where then settled in by Arabs for almost 2000 years before the victors of WW2 forcibly brought the jews back.

Bros . . . lets look through the piffle you have here. If this lands were settled in by arabs for ALMOST 2000 years that would mean that Arabs were in control of Jerusalem while Jesus was alive or just shortly after he died?
Emperor Hadrian destroyed Jerusalem in 135 AD - where were your arabs?
The Byzantine occupation of Jerusalem lasted between 324 and 629 AD  (Jews readmitted back into Jerusalem in 438 AD) - and your arabs?
Caliph Omar captures Jerusalem in 638 AD
Crusaders, led by Godfrey de Bouillon, capture Jerusalem in 1099 AD, Baldwin I named King of Jerusalem.

- The arab "almost 2000yrs"?

Khawarizmian Turks capture Jerusalem thus ending the Crusader rule in 1244 AD. Please note that the Turks are not Arabs!
Ottoman Turks take over Jerusalem in 1517 AD . . . note again these are NOT arabs.

In between Jews continued to remain the majority population of Jerusalem and surrounding nations.
Mr. Simmy, when next you want to make bogus statements like the above please make sure u're well grounded in history.

simmy:

The state of Israel doidnt exist till after WW2

It existed up until  135 AD when Hadrian crushed the last jewish revolt and renamed Israel - Palestine.
On the other hand the state of Palestine (for arabs) has NEVER at any point in history existed.

If the above quote from you is proof of the illegitimacy of the Jewish state of Israel, may i then kindly remind you that states like Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq . . . have NEVER existed in history and are merely creations of French and British colonial powers.

simmy:

Thats soo false its evil. there were jews living in palestine agreed, but they were definitely in the minority, most jews lived in europe and elsewhere.

No sir, again please consult history books rather than relying on false propaganda.
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by Rlst84sale(m): 4:21pm On Mar 07, 2008
I think for people who didn't search history to learn what actually happened would find this helpful. To me, everything the Jews do to their ruthless neighbors is justifiable. There has not been any account of when Jews first attacked them, it is always they first attacked Israel.  It really doesn't matter what they do, Israel will always prevail and not just prevail but come out better and stronger. May be this will shed light on anyone's clouded judgement about the whole thing.

http://www.terrorismawareness.org/what-really-happened/
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by romeo(m): 4:50pm On Mar 07, 2008
One question please!! Where did the jews came from if that place is not their land?
Where did they come from to settle in places like Germany, Russia, Poland etc.

An honest answer will be, "where they are today"
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by Rlst84sale(m): 5:17pm On Mar 07, 2008
Romeo

Go and get you a bible and read from Genesis 12 to the last chapter of Joshua. You will find your answer there.
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by 4Him(m): 5:18pm On Mar 07, 2008
Rlst84sale:

Romeo

Go and get you a bible and read from Genesis 12 to the last chapter of Joshua. You will find your answer there.

If the canaanites, amorites, hittites and jebusites were asking for their land back you'd have a point.
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by JayFK(m): 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2008
4 Play:

Post World War II? Your attempt at a historical synopsis was purely comedic.WWII ended in 1945,only someone who is ahistorical would trace Jewish migration to post WWII.

No shit? Thats your argument? That I stated WWII instead of I? After WWII Hitler had killed of a lot of Jews, so they obviously needed to make a quick decision.

4 Play:

Has there ever been a state called Palestine?

It was known as the British Mandate of Palestine. It was supposed to be a joint Jewish/Palestinian state. The Arab league rejected the deal but Israel declared Her independence anyway.

4 Play:

Jihad has flourished only since 1948? Was it not through Jihad that the Arabs settled the land in the first place centuries ago?

Again, No shit? What does this have to do with this argument anyways? You do know Arabs are Semitic peoples right?

4 Play:

You speak as if Jewish presence there is entirely new.There has been a continuous Jewish indigenous presence going back more than 2 millenniums ,even predating the Arab presence.

There's indigenous Gypsies in more than 5 Eastern European Countries, What's your point, that the UN can just carve out a state for them without approval from the neighboring Nations and They can just declare independence without their approval and the west would accept it? C'mon dude. Listen I'm not against Israel's right to exist, but a deal should have been reached with the Palestinian Arabs/Palestinians who were the majority ethnic group living there before Independence was declared.
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by 4Him(m): 5:26pm On Mar 07, 2008
JayFK:

It was known as the British Mandate of Palestine. It was supposed to be a joint Jewish/Palestinian state. The Arab league rejected the deal but Israel declared Her independence anyway.

80-85% of the British Mandate of Palestine is now Jordan. Why are we not fighting over that land too since Jordan never even existed as a nation under any map?
Wait a minute . . . you forgot to tell us that not only did the Arab league reject the deal but that Israel actually accepted it.

JayFK:

There's indigenous Gypsies in more than 5 Eastern European Countries, What's your point, that the UN can just carve out a state for them without approval from the neighboring Nations and They can just declare independence without their approval and the west would accept it? C'mon dude. Listen I'm not against Israel's right to exist, but a deal should have been reached with the Palestinian Arabs/Palestinians who were the majority ethnic group living there before Independence was declared.

Syria, Jordan, Lebanon were all born about the same time, whose approval did they need?
Did Nigeria require approval from Benin and Togo before they could declare independence?
Jordan was formed in 1922 on the same piece of land the arabs claim to be agitating for . . . whose approval did they get?

And again i reiterate . . . we need to stop perpetuatiing the falsehood that arabs were the majority ethnic group living in Israel. 95% of the arabs in palestine formed what is now known as Jordan.
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by bawomolo(m): 5:28pm On Mar 07, 2008

i don't see what's the problem, was Israel supposed to wait for the arab league??

but a deal should have been reached with the Palestinian Arabs/Palestinians who were the majority ethnic group living there before Independence was declared.

makes no sense. the Palestinians should have said something rather than wait for Syria, jordan and egypt to run over them. Palestinians was about to be carved up by arab countries rather than get a state of their own. there was no possibility of a deal at all.

95% of the arabs in palestine formed what is now known as Jordan.

keep in mind that lots of Palestinians have syrian ancestry
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by JayFK(m): 5:46pm On Mar 07, 2008
bawomolo:

i don't see what's the problem, was Israel supposed to wait for the arab league??

makes no sense. the Palestinians should have said something rather than wait for Syria, jordan and egypt to run over them. Palestinians was about to be carved up by arab countries rather than get a state of their own. there was no possibility of a deal at all.

keep in mind that lots of Palestinians have syrian ancestry

Obviously, they have to reach a consensus first.
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by Ahmadtjk(m): 5:52pm On Mar 07, 2008
ISREAL, Those flith are going to wiped off the surface of this earth, pigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by JayFK(m): 5:58pm On Mar 07, 2008
Ahmadtjk:

ISREAL, Those flith are going to wiped off the surface of this earth, pigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No racism here son, purely political.
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by bawomolo(m): 6:53pm On Mar 07, 2008
Obviously, they have to reach a consensus first

consensus for what?? did Nigeria need approval from neighboring countries or colonial powers to get independence?? the arabs weren't looking for consensus, they were thirsty for land.
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by 4Him(m): 7:18pm On Mar 07, 2008
Ahmadtjk:

this is the reason why there will never be peace in the middle east. Its not about land at all . . . but about one man's religious quest to destroy the jews.

Is Ahmadtjk a palestinian refugee? Why does he call the Jews filth that must be wiped off the face of the earth?
As for calling them pigs, its not surprising that this exact same is used to describe the jews in his k'oran.
Their offence? For disobeying the sabath that is not even an i'slamic principle.
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by JayFK(m): 7:40pm On Mar 07, 2008
bawomolo:

consensus for what?? did Nigeria need approval from neighboring countries or colonial powers to get independence?? the arabs weren't looking for consensus, they were thirsty for land.

You have to understand that this Israel situation is a very unique situation
No piece of Land has been fought over that much. The British, French(Christians), Jews and of course M'uslims have all fought over it.

so I'm trying to establish a line of reasoning here.
Jews were a minority in the British Mandate of Palestine about 1/3 of the population. The British and The League of Nations wanted to establish a homeland for The whole diaspora of Jews including those ravaged by war and escapees of the pogroms. Only thing here is, a lot of Jews do not call the Land of Israel home, since their great grandparents have since been living on European lands. Now historically thats maybe 2 or 3 Millennia ago and according to the bible, the Jews conquered the Lands and settled there. Now more recently, more than half a millennium ago, Arabs conquered the Lands and have settled there. So who really lays claim to the Land? The conquered or the conqueror?

Nigeria did not need approval from neighboring countries to gain Her independence. The whole continent of Africa was under foreign rule and boundaries had already been defined. Why would we need approval from Togo,Niger or Cameroon who are under French rule and do not lay any claim whatsoever to Nigerian Land?

I think a similar situation would be South Africa where Europeans have made their home for maybe the last 4/5 generations? Can Africans just all of sudden establish an all black country, relocate them to another part of the country and become Independent from them? Do they really have that right?
Re: Any Friend Or Sympathiser Of The Nation Isreal? by JayFK(m): 7:44pm On Mar 07, 2008
4Him:

this is the reason why there will never be peace in the middle east. Its not about land at all . . . but about one man's religious quest to destroy the jews.

Is Ahmadtjk a palestinian refugee? Why does he call the Jews filth that must be wiped off the face of the earth?
As for calling them pigs, its not surprising that this exact same is used to describe the jews in his k'oran.
Their offence? For disobeying the sabath that is not even an i'slamic principle.

I agree with you there though, this isn't about Land at all it is solely religious, it is basically about who lays claim to Jerusalem. Muslim's dont care at all about the Palestinians they just see Palestinians as their proxy to Jerusalem because of their faith.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful / TB Joshua Threatens To Curse Everyone Who Questions His Words - See More At: Htt / You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.