Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Pls I Need Advise!!! Going For Masters Or Acquiring A Skill - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls I Need Advise!!! Going For Masters Or Acquiring A Skill (929 Views)

Professional Exams Vs Masters Which Is Better? / Degrees Are No Longer Enough: It's Time To Learn A Skill! / I Want To Leave My Job For Masters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Advise!!! Going For Masters Or Acquiring A Skill by taioluv: 10:12pm On Jan 30, 2013
good day, pls i need advice which is: to further go masters or to acquire a skill
i want this 2013 to be different am 30yrs lady and i love to draw design on paper even wen am in church and i draw diifrent designs of material i wld like to sew but my family wants me to read read and go my masters.

or can i do both master and fashion design at the same time

pls help me tank you
Re: Pls I Need Advise!!! Going For Masters Or Acquiring A Skill by Wisetalk1: 11:04pm On Jan 30, 2013
Hello lady, at 30 you should be old enough to decide for yourself. What exactly do you want in life? Follow your heart and dont be tossed to and fro by different opinions. I support education so well, but i dont think a master's degree is a must for a successful career. Considering the level of unemployment in this country, it is therefore advisible for anyone who has gotten a certain level of education to balance up with a skill just in case unemployment strikes after graduation.
Re: Pls I Need Advise!!! Going For Masters Or Acquiring A Skill by ibrutex(m): 11:17pm On Jan 30, 2013
get a skill first, masters does not guarantee you a job but the skill that you acquire is yours and that can fetch you some money . you can further your masters later .

(1) (Reply)

Meet Abuja Female Mechanic Who Has Survived Against All Odds / The Limits Of First Class Degrees / How To Apply Benedetto Oil & Gas Service Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.