Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? (39142 Views)

Nigerians Attack The Presidency Over Abacha Loot Post on Twitter (Snapshot) / Tension In Military As Buhari Demands Records Of Weapons Procurement / [picture] Buhari And GEJ Dress Up In Military Attire To Salute Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by seunny4lif(m): 4:11am On Feb 01, 2013
WHY WILL SEUN ALLOW THESE KIND OF TOPIC IN THE FIRST PLACE......SHOULD I KILL MY OWN COUSINS BECOS THEIR FATHER IS AN IGBO MAN?WHAT IS GOIN ON HERE?WHAT KIND OF MESSAGE ARE WILL PASSING OUT TO THE NEXT GENERATION?LIKE WHAT OUR FATHERS AND OUR MOTHERS PASSES TO US?I JUST WONDER,WHAT KIND OF COUNTRY,I WAS BORN INTO,WITH THE LEVEL OF BITERNESS,WE HAVE FOR ONE AND ANOTHER.....CAN'T WE JUST LEARN FROM GHANA,BENIN REP,SENEGAL AND GAMBIA OUR NEAREST COUNTRIES,ON HOW TO LIVE IN PEACE WITH ONE AND ANOTHER.....LOOK AT WHAT IS GOING IN LIBYA NOW,GADAFFI IS DEAD AND GONE BUT WHAT IS GOING ON NOW,IS WORST MORE THAN GADAFFI...AM USING LIBYA AS EXAMPLE HERE BECOS I WAS NOT BORN DURING NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR,WE ONLY READ HISTORY AND IN THE HISTORY,NOBODY WANT TO GET BLAMED,BECOS EACH TRIBES IS POINTING AT EACH OTHER... AM USING LIBYA BECOS I WAS THERE...GADAFFI UNITE LIBYA,SOME TRIBE LIKES HIM AND SOME DOESN'T LIKE AND WHEN THE FIGHT DEY HOT,SOME STAY BACK AND DID NOT FIGHT AND AFTER THE WAR....?PROBLEM STARTED,HAS EACH TRIBES BEGAN TO POINT HAND AT EACH OTHER AND THESE LEADS TO THE PROBLEM IN SARBA,ZUARA AND BENI WADETI BECOS OF TRIBAL PROBLEM.....NOW OVER A YEAR SINCE THE DEATH OF GADAFFI,THE COUNTRY HAS NO PEACE BECOS THEY DOESN'T TRUTH ONE AND OTHER...A TRIPOLI MAN CAN GO TO SARBA WITH PAPER FROM TRIPOLI AND SAME THING FOR SOME GOING TO BENGHAZI AND MUSRATA....PROBLEM EVERYWHERE BECOS MY AMRY IS DIFF FROM URS...CAN'T WE LEARN FROM EUROPEANS,MUST WILL BE BEHAVING LIKE ANIMALS EVERY TIME...PLS,AM TRIED OF ALL THESE INTERNER WARRIORS,THAT CAN'T EVEN WAIT FOR THE SOUND OF AK47 BUT CAN MAKE NOISE ON THE NET....AM STAYING IN AN IGBO HOUSE HERE AND AM THE ONLY YORUBA HERE BUT U WOULDNT KNOW,UNLESS THEY WE TELL YOU...ME GO MARRY IGBO OR ANY TRIBE AS LONG AS SHE LOVES ME...

3 Likes

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by redsun(m): 4:19am On Feb 01, 2013
Negro_Ntns: are you sure nigerian army is all these things you attribute?
The most destructive elements in nigerian politics today are military men- obj,David mark,danjuma,ibb,bode George,just to name a few.

And don't forget,once a soldier is always a soldier.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by lagcity(m): 4:29am On Feb 01, 2013
After thinking about it, I don't think people should make a big deal about this issue. This is Nigeria, it only takes a new COAS or president to change the tide all over again. The game continues.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by kunlekunle: 5:08am On Feb 01, 2013
Negro_Ntns:
i didnt want to post on this thread but i have to now.

@onlytruth,

as a nation we've been here before. what holds the military together and unique from other facets of our nationalism is the espirit de corps of the soldiers and their discipline and fraternity across ethnic line. tthat bond is expected and it happens naturally because they have privileges and spoils that are not available to the civilian. that chain of brotherhood broke in 66.

the spirit was further damaged and completely soiled by actions and inactions of ironsi., followed by the tipped promotions in favor of igbo and the subsequent loss of trust in military and politics.

fast forward to today...similar settings!

1. civilian president of eastern origin and vp of northern origin
2. coas of eastern origin
3. promotions tipping towards igbo
4. recruitment and positioning of igbos in civil service and agencies
5. turmoil and state of emergency in wild wild NORTH, instead of wild wild WEST
6. we are deployed in MALI instead of CONGO

....i believe you got the picture!

when these guys come home from Mali, fresh from confrontation they will test the government. grievances and perceptions need to be clean, not pregnant with accusations against igbo.

....wath your steps!

the list of ironsi newly appointed officers

Yakubu Chinwa Gowon, the most senior surviving northern officer, who was in the process of assuming command of the 2nd Battalion at Ikeja on January 14/15, a unit which proved critical to restoration of order in Lagos, was made Chief of Staff (Army).

Other early military appointments include:

Chief of Staff (NAF),Lt. Col.George Kurubo (East, non-Igbo)

Commanding Officer, 2 Bde, Lt. Col. H. Njoku (East, Igbo)

Commanding Officer, 2 Bn, Major H. Igboba (Midwest, Igbo)

Commanding Officer, Abeokuta Garrison, Major G. Okonweze (Midwest, Igbo)

Commanding Officer, 4 Bn, Major Nzefili (Midwest, Igbo)

Commanding Officer, Federal Guards, Major Ochei (Midwest, Igbo)

Commanding Officer, 1 Bn, Major D. Ogunewe (East, Igbo)

Commanding Officer, 1 Bde, Lt. ColW. Bassey (East, non-Igbo)

Commanding Officer, 3 Bn, Major Okoro (East, Igbo)

Commanding Officer, Depot, Major F. Akagha (East, Igbo)

Commanding Officer, 5 Bn,Major M. Shuwa (North)
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by kettykin: 5:16am On Feb 01, 2013
Some of the Military postings of the 90s are below

Regarding the September postings, at the Lagos Garrison Command, for example, Brigadier Ishaya Rizi Bamaiyi took command. At the Brigade of Guards, Brig Gen. Bashir S Magashi replaced Colonel JY Madaki, who was then posted to the Depot in Zaria. At the 1st Infantry Division, Brig. Gen. MC Alli, erstwhile DMI, replaced Brig. Gen. John N Shagaya, as GOC. Shagaya was then posted to ECOMOG in Liberia as acting Major General. At the 2nd Division HQ in Ibadan, Brig-Gen. Godwin Osagie Abbe replaced Brig-Gen. John Inienger as the GOC. At the 3rd Armoured Division, Brig Gen. Tajudeen A Olanrewaju replaced Brig Gen. Ahmed M Daku. At the 82 Division, Brig (later Maj Gen.) Timothy M Shelpidi replaced Brigadier (later Maj Gen.) Chris Abutu Garuba. Brig Gen. Ahmed Aboki Abdullahi replaced Brig-Gen M Chris Alli as DMI. Colonel Lawan Gwadabe had taken over from Col. Abdulmumuni Aminu as Commander, National Guard

This was from Shonekan

Even as Shonekan was making these lofty pronouncements, Abacha was well on his way. It was on September 3rd that he publicly announced what had already transpired behind the scenes. Lt-General Oladipo Diya was his replacement for Lt. Gen. Joshua Dogonyaro as CDS, Air Commodore John Femi was to replace Air Commodore Nsikak Eduak as Chief of Air Staff while retaining Lt-General Aliyu Mohammed as Chief of Army Staff, and Rear Admiral Suleiman Seidu, as Chief of Naval Staff.

The make up of Buhari’s SMC also troubled southerners. Virtually all of the senior positions in the SMC were occupied by northern Muslims: only five of the SMC’s fourteen members were from the south. Additionally, there has always been an unwritten rule that the Nigerian Head of State and his deputy cannot be from the same religion or part of the country[b] Buhari broke this unwritten rule when he appointed Tunde Idiagbon (who although Yoruba, was from the north and was also a Muslim [/b]The other influential pro-Buhari figure in the regime was the Minister for Internal Affairs: Major-General Mohammed Magoro, who was a Muslim from Buhari’s home state of Sokoto. The lopsided ethno-religious composition of the SMC, coupled with the fact that Buhari’s ascension to power pre-empted the zoning of the presidency to the south prompted some mischievous southerners to claim that the New Year’s Eve coup was a deliberate plan to prevent the south from gaining political control of the country, and was nothing more than an orchestrated preservation of the north’s political control of Nigeria by transferring power from northern civilians to northern soldiers. I personally think that the personal ambition of the primary actors in the coup such as Babangida and Dogonyaro played the primary motivating role for the coup rather than any Machiavellian plot to thwart the south (or any altruistic motives to benefit Nigeria as a whole). Nevertheless, southerners were irked by the perceived northern bias of Buhari’s regime.

1 Like

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by NegroNtns(m): 5:21am On Feb 01, 2013
redsun:
The most destructive elements in nigerian politics today are military men- obj,David mark,danjuma,ibb,bode George,just to name a few.

And don't forget,once a soldier is always a soldier.

so then we are in much bigger problem than favoritism if the fraternal bond between soldiers is absent. if on the play ground and in the barracks congregations are ethnically nucleus then it would indicate reluctance to comingle because of lack of trust. the boko haram situation doesnt help.

mali is going to make situation worse and command structure and heirarchy could suffer.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Akanbiedu(m): 6:07am On Feb 01, 2013
lagcity: After thinking about it, I don't think people should make a big deal about this issue. This is Nigeria, it only takes a new COAS or president to change the tide all over again. The game continues.

This is naive imo. This line of thought shows a basic lack of understanding of a typical Igbo thought process. You hear them saying they want office after Jonathan, they may actually be planning to assume office through unconventional means.

#Igi gogoro ma gun mi l'oju, okeere lati wo#
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Bolan123: 7:57am On Feb 01, 2013
lagcity:
ibos are very funny. You must think you are talking to 1diots. Cuddling and sucking your enemies' blood at the same time. Anyway, you people are making your bed, be ready to lay on it.
Post like this gets me irritated. Let me tell u, we will lie in our bed comfortably and nothing will happen. We will give you people anything u want. Let any animal misbehave. This is not 1966 okay. We are still angry if u must know.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by PointB: 8:06am On Feb 01, 2013
Akanbi_edu:

This is naive imo. This line of thought shows a basic lack of understanding of a typical Igbo thought process. You hear them saying they want office after Jonathan, they may actually be planning to assume office through unconventional means.

#Igi gogoro ma gun mi l'oju, okeere lati wo#

So what is wrong if Igbos want power? Don't Yorubas, hausa, etc want powers also after GEJ (even though that have had it for several years in the the past)? Why do you guys (especially from SW) always have goose pimples whenever Igbos matter is raised? Why? What unconventional means are you talking about? Why do grown men like enjoy spreading hateful and inciting lies against Igbos? What do you intend to achieve, another genocide?

Are Igbos not stakeholder in the Nigeria project also? Why this hatred and bitterness against Igbos?
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 01, 2013
Hiding my post will suddenly bend your left hand o angry

Anyway, GEJ FOR 2015 - 2019. More highs for the Igbos. SW & their masters in the North will gnash their teeth after all the lazy uninspiring campaign fails in 2015. By-the-way, you heard it here first.... Tinubu is going to jail in a matter of months. Case reopened in Aso Rock confirmed.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Demdem(m): 8:37am On Feb 01, 2013
lagcity: After thinking about it, I don't think people should make a big deal about this issue. This is Nigeria, it only takes a new COAS or president to change the tide all over again. The game continues.

U av a big point here, so unfortunate. very soon the present COAS will be replaced and i doubt if another Igbo will replace him. Simply unfortunate
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by joeyfire(m): 8:53am On Feb 01, 2013
These (h)activists from you know where are at it again. This week again they have picked on super eagles and now the army. While no one is supporting marginalisation I am wondering why the deliberate desire to inflame people's feelings by painting a picture of igbos and 1966.

Those behind this are obviously still hung over and living in 1970 and are bereft of knowledge to notice a quiet and sustained arms build-up and growing ethnic radicalisation of otherwise politically naïve folk.

Finally those who think that igbo servicemen in the army are top-heavy with officers to the exclusion of igbo rank and file pouring in are also still living in 1970
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by nagoma(m): 9:10am On Feb 01, 2013
Afam4eva: If this is true, they have to tell us those that were occupying the top positions before and why?

There was no anger before now obviously the Igbo factor is at play here. They want to take us back to 1966.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by nagoma(m): 9:16am On Feb 01, 2013
PointB:

So what is wrong if Igbos want power? Don't Yorubas, hausa, etc want powers also after GEJ (even though that have had it for several years in the the past)? Why do you guys (especially from SW) always have goose pimples whenever Igbos matter is raised? Why? What unconventional means are you talking about? Why do grown men like enjoy spreading hateful and inciting lies against Igbos? What do you intend to achieve, another genocide?
Are Igbos not stakeholder in the Nigeria project also? Why this hatred and bitterness against Igbos?

Did you read the post in detail? Obviously the Igbos are unrepentant in their genocidal history. Given an inch they are taking a mile, in the immigration , in the army and everywhere. They want to convert Nigeria into Biafra and make the rest of us thir slaves. Just keep on trying and you will see.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 01, 2013
I believe the majority of Igbos are reacting to this on the surface. It brings to us a lot of responsibility in thought and action. Why?

This document or campaign as it seems is meant to prepare a soft landing for what is to come. The North has never had any better strategy at power struggle but Coups, its smaller forms are the annual pogroms in the streets of Kano etc. Boko Haram is only a shrouded expression of this taint for violent play for power. An Igbo adage says that an old woman never forgets the dance she learnt from youth. But that is not the bad aspect, whenever you call her to dance she does the same dance step again and again.

This article only proves one thing, the North has planned a Coup as either the first plan or backup plan for their power bid in 2015. So far, they have failed in the civilian approach, so why not try what has always worked? This write up was not accidentally released to the public, it is strategic in trying to buy the opinion of other groups in Nigeria as a justification for an upcoming attempt to eject the government in power. If you notice, It attempts to create a so called "Igbo problem", a past rallying point for the rest of Nigeria to accept an alternate leadership from the North. There is an unrelenting attempt to link this back to 1966, the Nigerian Civil War. The fact is that if you take the holistic data from the military, rather than listing names of Igbo officers, it's whole argument crumbles. But do not bother cause, any argument at all only helps this document achieve its purpose.

In the 1960, it was an open secret that northern officers were planning a coup, yet Igbos folded their hands watching. The question today is, if we get a Mutiny in the army or a coup, what will be our response? What will be our first response? What will be our long-term response? What will be our contingency plan? What will be our international diplomacy strategy? Who outside Nigeria will likely be a threat? How do we counter them? How do we manage our immediate neighbours?

Like I said earlier, an old woman will always do those same dance steps, what is baffling rather is that the dance has not come since Jonathan took office? But Igbos must realise, that Jonathan is more their responsibility than that of the so called South South (who the north regard as being as much igbo as can be) hence all the aggression. Let us not find ourselves unprepared as we did in 1966. Last the world will always support the winning party, least we forget a bitter lesson in diplomacy.

This article is not a call to needless arguments on on-line forums, but to deep thought, co-operation and preparedness for what is highly inevitable.

3 Likes

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by nagoma(m): 9:23am On Feb 01, 2013
Onlytruth:

Honestly, I'm only talking as someone not in the army. If I were in the army, I would be doing much much much more than promoting people I trust to defend me and my boss.
Our history in Nigeria is a very powerful one.
Every Igbo should start thinking of pulling an automatic rifle if he suspects that a dagger is coming out; and he should start planning to launch a nuke if he suspects that a bomb may be coming out. No other tribe have died like Igbo in Nigeria. Only a big fool would forget his past.
And more will die because Igbos have never learnt. The 5 ethnic majors will ever remain in our memory.they were the source of Nigerias tragedies and free fall. We are still suffering from their wickedness and now we have ihejirika! @kenGali- Yes ihejirika is proving it , an old woman will still do the same dance- we are watching, and we are not just watching.

1 Like

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 01, 2013
are we looking at this all wrong? with igbos in these positions what's to stop the COAS from taking over power? Definitely not GEJ

It might not be so tho, but it sure is cause for concern, abi? I believe if not mistaken that guards brigade (presidential protection army) is also headed by Igbo. Could this be signs of Coup in motion? If it is then this time all signs show the coup plotters are not northerners, and yes could be a repeat of what was once seen
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by frederal(m): 10:10am On Feb 01, 2013
Its funny how intolerant people can be to same injustice they perpetrate to other people. This thing they are complaining, is what has been done to Ibos for 48years. Just like in the aspect of leadership in this country, d northerners have occupied the position for over 38 years, just due to natural incident of death that saw another southern taking d position, they raised boko haram to cause chaos through violence.
Why is northerns always giving FCT minister? No complains, one day another will get it, and hail will be let loose.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 01, 2013
^^^ interesting
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 01, 2013
DivideUs: are we looking at this all wrong? with igbos in these positions what's to stop the COAS from taking over power? Definitely not GEJ

It might not be so tho, but it sure is cause for concern, abi? I believe if not mistaken that guards brigade (presidential protection army) is also headed by Igbo. Could this be signs of Coup in motion? If it is then this time all signs show the coup plotters are not northerners, and yes could be a repeat of what was once seen

Nice one! Unfortunately it is not so, only one group has succeeded in sustaining power through coups in Nigeria, the North. Only one group dominates the army enough to carry out a coup and sustain it, North. As of today, only one group has the capability of pulling off a coup using Nigerian military, the North.
Even if Igbos begin massive recruitment of themselves only, it will take them at least a decade to build any lasting network in the army to sustain power.

Last, Igbos are better off declaring a civil war than trying to rule Nigeria via coup. The rest of Nigeria suffers a great deal of Igbo Phobia that makes it simply not feasible, so why bother?

Last time I checked, it is the northern officers that are talking about mutiny in our now famous article!
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 01, 2013
Abeg make the igbos enjoy jare, they have been wanting to leave and you keep them by force, what did you expect? Serves us all right
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 01, 2013
KenGali:
Nice one! Unfortunately it is not so, only one group has succeeded in sustaining power through coups in Nigeria, the North. Only one group dominates the army enough to carry out a coup and sustain it, North. As of today, only one group has the capability of pulling off a coup using Nigerian military, the North.
Even if Igbos begin massive recruitment of themselves only, it will take them at least a decade to build any lasting network in the army to sustain power.

Last, Igbos are better off declaring a civil war than trying to rule Nigeria via coup. The rest of Nigeria suffers a great deal of Igbo Phobia that makes it simply not feasible, so why bother?

Last time I checked, it is the northern officers that are talking about mutiny in our now famous article!

Nobody will fight for this useless country o, civil war ko nuclear war ni, who ever wan leave, bye bye!
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by frederal(m): 10:58am On Feb 01, 2013
Its funny how intolerant people can be to same injustice they perpetrate to other people. This thing they are complaining, is what has been done to Ibos for 48years. Just like in the aspect of leadership in this country, d northerners have occupied the position for over 38 years, just due to natural incident of death that saw another southern taking d position, they raised boko haram to cause chaos through violence.
Why is northerns always giving FCT minister? No complains, one day another will get it, and hail will be let loose.

1 Like

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by nagoma(m): 11:06am On Feb 01, 2013
frederal:

And you will see how the whole Igboland will move to FCT! The only time a market was built for one specific ethnic group in the FCT with Thousands of shops ,infrstructure and banking facilities was when an Igbo woman was the FCT minister of state. And nobody complained. the Igbo market ethnic gift is still there so who is intolerant?
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 01, 2013
This circle of DOOM will stop end until DOOM.

Wisdom says, Split Nigeria in peace!!
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by nagoma(m): 11:45am On Feb 01, 2013
KenGali:

You have no shame. As if it was not purely igbo officers who staged the first ever coup in Nigerias History. It was the bloodiest coup , an ethnic coup that hunted down and killed anybody important in the Nigerian army or in politics , provided he was not Igbo. They started us on this roller coaster ride, you cannot change history and your ihejirika is trying to re- enact the Igbo wicked annihilation and tragic destruction.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 01, 2013
nagoma:

You have no shame. As if it was not purely igbo officers who staged the first ever coup in Nigerias History. It was the bloodiest coup , an ethnic coup that hunted down and killed anybody important in the Nigerian army or in politics , provided he was not Igbo. They started us on this roller coaster ride, you cannot change history and your ihejirika is trying to re- enact the Igbo wicked annihilation and tragic destruction.

Oh, bloody old story, you who is full of honour, You imagine that Igbos planned a coup, stopped themselves from taking full power and handed over the military to the northerners to execute a counter coup, silly. Stop repeating the same lies, it makes no difference. That igbos participated majorly in the first coup does not make it an igbo Coup. The only group in Nigeria that uses coup as their power play strategy is the North. The bloodless one are simply their term handover plays. Stop deceiving yourself, this article has alerted the relevant people to these plans and no one will be deceived. Jonathan will return again in 2015, till 2019. Any mutiny, whatsoever will be properly crushed, or end in the separation of the polity. Just like Boko Haram has not worked, mutiny will not work.
Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by nagoma(m): 12:13pm On Feb 01, 2013
KenGali:

Oh, bloody old story, you who is full of honour, You imagine that Igbos planned a coup and handed over the military to the northerners to do same, silly. Stop repeating the same lies, it makes no difference. That igbos participated majorly in the first coup does not make it an igbo Coup. The only group in Nigeria that uses coup as their power play strategy is the North. The bloodless one are simply their term handover plays. Stop deceiving yourself, this article has alerted the relevant people to these plans and no one will be deceived. Jonathan will return again in 2015, till 2019. Any mutiny, whatsoever will be properly crushed, or end in the separation of the polity. Just like Boko Haram has not worked, mutiny will not work.

Igbos never handed anything to the northerners if you remember. The remaining northerners who escaped the bullets of Ifeajuna, Nzeogwu,Onwutuegwu, Okafor and Nwabosi claimed the government from ironsi who supported and refused to try the murderers. ihejirika is doing the same. Igbos are incorrigible and unreformable. Imagine the lady in immigration , she wanted to form the Biafran immigration Service while claiming to be a Nigerian.nobody knew about coups until the Igbos brought it and none has equalled their coup in mercilessness and ferocity murdering innocent unarmed civilians overnight- shameless animals.

1 Like

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by kettykin: 12:34pm On Feb 01, 2013
How will the Mutiny play out:
The Mistake Ironsi did was surrounding himself with Northerners .
Not having a contingency force to nip that type of insurrection on time

it is really difficult to predict but the outcome of this Mutiny if it ever happens will be uncontrollable the Fight will be done basically by Militants and Ruffians in the East against the Military over night a whole Division could be wiped out because there are more arms in private hands than in military hands.

Critical in this is the Response of Niger Delta Soldiers and Militants and the Response of Middle belt Soldiers and the side the decide to join.
Which ever way you look at it a Mutiny will lead to a much bloodier Civil war.

This is no time to play foolish patriotism the presidential Guards ought to be well fortified with Niger Deltans while the 3 Armoured Division in Jos and the Military Formations in Abuja and Lagos ought to have a majority of SS/SE/MB soldiers.
Lets see how the Mutineers will go on with their foolish dreams.

1 Like

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by ejiyke2007(m): 12:46pm On Feb 01, 2013
kunlekunle:

Yakubu Chinwa Gowon, the most senior surviving northern officer, who was in the process of assuming command of the 2nd Battalion at Ikeja on January 14/15, a unit which proved critical to restoration of order in Lagos, was made Chief of Staff (Army).

ATTENTION MR POSTER?

VERY WONDERFUL RESEARCH YOU HAVE MADE. BUT I WANT TO ASK YOU A FAVOUR, CARRY OUT THE SAME KIND OF RESEARCH YOU JUST DID, ON THE PAST FIVE CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF AND LETS HAVE THE RESULTS.PLEASE,PLEASE PUBLISH IT LIKE THIS FOR PEOPLE TO DEBATE ON THE PROMOTIONS THAT TOOK PLACE DURING THEIR TIME OK
TO PROVE YOU ARE SINCERE
I AM EXPECTING

1 Like

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Ozichim(m): 1:17pm On Feb 01, 2013
kunlekunle:

You mad Dog, A failure like you. I have asked before how many military post exist in Nigerian Army? Since U are the journalist and secretary lets have the overall posts and appointment from Ironsi so we can compare everything.
So it was Ironsi's promotion and posting of Igbos that caused the civil war and no longer the Military Coup "termed Igbo Coup"
All your attempt has come to nothing. U'r secret hatred against the Igbo/East will crush U. There is no peace for the wicked.

Pull out more issues and facts to incite hatred against the Igbos. People like you have been crying since GEJ took over and changed the COAS.
We are aware that the evil people are up to something. But if you think your Juju is in charge of the country just come out. You need to be punished. Some of you old war criminals are still hiding thinking they have escaped. The evil that is after all such people want to bring them out for destruction.

1 Like

Re: Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 01, 2013
kettykin: How will the Mutiny play out:
The Mistake Ironsi did was surrounding himself with Northerners .
Not having a contingency force to nip that type of insurrection on time

it is really difficult to predict but the outcome of this Mutiny if it ever happens will be uncontrollable the Fight will be done basically by Militants and Ruffians in the East against the Military over night a whole Division could be wiped out because there are more arms in private hands than in military hands.

Critical in this is the Response of Niger Delta Soldiers and Militants and the Response of Middle belt Soldiers and the side the decide to join.
Which ever way you look at it a Mutiny will lead to a much bloodier Civil war.

This is no time to play foolish patriotism the presidential Guards ought to be well fortified with Niger Deltans while the 3 Armoured Division in Jos and the Military Formations in Abuja and Lagos ought to have a majority of SS/SE/MB soldiers.
Lets see how the Mutineers will go on with their foolish dreams.

Really? You need a visit to military barracks and formations. Militants my foot

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

The Petition To Buhari & EFCC Against Amaechi, That May Cost Him Appointments / Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) / Politicians Desmond Elliot & Prof Osinbajo Take Campaign To Surulere (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.