Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,996 members, 7,828,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Abuja Court Dismisses N2bn Libel Suit Against Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Court Dismisses N2bn Libel Suit Against Ribadu (447 Views)

Tinubu And Dokpesi Settle Libel Suit Out Of Court / Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo / Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Court Dismisses N2bn Libel Suit Against Ribadu by stormm: 10:54am On Jan 31, 2013
Nuhu Ribadu: With corruption, nothing can be achieved. From my own experience, I want to tell you that if you are embarking on reforms, it must be with integrity otherwise it will fail.

The plaintiff said Nuhu Ribadu had defamed him On TV

Justice Olasumbo Goodluck of the Federal High Court, Abuja, Tuesday, dismissed a N2 billion libel suit instituted by Bashir Dalhatu, a former Minister in the regime of late Head of State, Sani Abacha, against former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Nuhu Ribadu.

Mr. Dalhatu had filed a N2.1 billion libel suit on February 7, 2007 against Mr. Ribadu, and Daar Communications Plc.

According to the suit which was filed by Yunus Usman on behalf of Mr. Dalhatu, the plaintiff alleged that Mr. Ribadu had, while addressing the Nigerian Bar Association in November 2006, made a libelous statement which was broadcast by Daar Communications Plc.

Mr. Ribadu was quoted to have said, “….I can name names of lawyers who struggle over 419 cases. I know, I can talk some of these we have facts and figures. For example Bashir Dalhatu, he is a lawyer, we have a case we are investigating. He took fifteen million dollars ($15 million) from the Government of Nigeria. He said he was going to give it to somebody whose ship was destroyed by the Buhari administration for illegal bunkering. They went and got Babangida to approve and they took $15 million. The same guy went to a judge, his own classmate, Justice Auta, to give him a court order that we can’t prosecute him. Yes it happened in our country…”

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/118017-abuja-court-dismisses-n2bn-libel-suit-against-ribadu.html

(1) (Reply)

Court Jails Two Kidnappers, Sentences Varsity Staff To Death In Delta / Nigerian Judiciary And Our Legislators Need To Incur The Wrath Of Nigerians. / GEJ And His Cell Phone To Famers Conspiracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.