Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees (10296 Views)

Jane Ihuoma-Ottah Expelled From RUST Over Of Hearing & Speech Problem / 3 Covenant University Students Expelled Over Live Sex, Unclad Video / Oou 2014/2015 Admisson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by Ptimes: 2:37pm On Jan 31, 2013
The Olabisi Onabanjo University, OOU, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State, has disowned Adesina Adeyinka, a member of a kidnap gang paraded by the police on Wednesday.

Mr. Adesina had told PREMIUM TIMES that he was a student of the school and ventured into kidnapping to raise funds for his school fees. He was arrested along with five other suspects by the Ogun Sate Vigilance Service while holding on to a victim for whom they had demanded a ransom of N25 million. The suspects were later handed to the police.The suspects were later handed to the police.
The Acting Vice-Chancellor of OOU, Saburi Adesanya, confirmed that the suspect was indeed a student who struggled to pay his fees, and was later expelled for not being able to, two years ago.

..http://premiumtimesng.com/news/118062-we-expelled-kidnapper-for-failure-to-pay-school-fees-ogun-university-vice-chancellor.html

Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by Odunnu: 10:14pm On Feb 01, 2013
Home » News » National » Ogun varsity disowns kidnapper, says he was expelled long ago
Ogun varsity disowns kidnapper, says he was expelled long ago
Dimeji Kayode-Adedeji
Published: January 31,2013

The suspect was paraded by the Nigerian Police on Wednesday.
The Olabisi Onabanjo University, OOU, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State, has disowned Adesina Adeyinka, a member of a kidnap gang paraded by the police on Wednesday.
Mr. Adesina had told PREMIUM TIMES that he was a student of the school and ventured into kidnapping to raise funds for his school fees. He was arrested along with five other suspects by the Ogun Sate Vigilance Service while holding on to a victim for whom they had demanded a ransom of N25 million. The suspects were later handed to the police.
The Acting Vice-Chancellor of OOU, Saburi Adesanya, confirmed that the suspect was indeed a student who struggled to pay his fees, and was later expelled for not being able to, two years ago.
Mr. Adesanya said the suspect was dismissed for his failure to pay tuition fees for two semesters, and has since not been an undergraduate of the institution.
“He is no more our student, having voluntarily withdrawn from school two years ago for his failure to pay his tuition fees for two semesters,” he said. “And the university policy is that any student who failed to pay for two semesters remain expelled.”
The 26-year-old suspect, who claimed to be a final year student of the Business Administration department, had claimed that his inability to pay his tuition fees made him join the gang as an alternative source of raising money.
The police, while parading the six suspects at the Eleweran Police Headquarters in Abeokuta, said the suspects would be arraigned in court once investigations are completed.
Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by Odunnu: 10:15pm On Feb 01, 2013
The VC accepts that the reason he was expelled was as a result of his inability to pay his school fees. shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry
Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by honeric01(m): 10:21pm On Feb 01, 2013
Odunnu: The VC accepts that the reason he was expelled was as a result of his inability to pay his school fees. shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry

Speechless, expelling a student for not paying school fees? what happened to holding unto the cert until he balances up?

4 Likes

Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by Odunnu: 10:24pm On Feb 01, 2013
I havent seen it like this before.
What pains me most is that we have so many well to do personalities like Odiaero who could singlehandedly dash a friend's girlfriend not wife ooo, a car for her . Now this one that posterity will pay back for is allowed to waste and become a kidnapper.
Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by honeric01(m): 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2013
Odunnu: I havent seen it like this before.
What pains me most is that we have so many well to do personalities like Odiaero who could singlehandedly dash a friend's girlfriend not wife ooo, a car for her . Now this one that posterity will pay back for is allowed to waste and become a kidnapper.

You believed that? grin grin grin grin

remember it took him 1yr to pay me back. grin grin

1 Like

Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by brownlord: 10:48am On Feb 03, 2013
Kai, Nigeria is really cursed, can you imagine everyone now lies publicly, a prof lying, i bet you that boy until he was arrested remains a bonafide student of that institution, that how all the schools disown student immediately they involve in any act, what right has a school expel a student for not able to pay fees, kai, this country o

1 Like

Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by alphaconde(m): 10:48am On Feb 03, 2013
the vc should be kidnapped he seems proud of expelling indigent student
Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by alphaconde(m): 10:49am On Feb 03, 2013
brownlord: K

is that u brown this is jaja
Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by brownlord: 10:53am On Feb 03, 2013
alpha conde:

is that u brown this is jaja

Bros na me o, this my step father land wey dem call Nigeria don tire me, i go try find visa take go usa or canada my fatherland

1 Like

Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 03, 2013

I don't understand you.Are you saying the guy should use his money to pay the school fees of poor people or what ? I just don't this attitude of Nigerians dictating how a grownass man should spend his money ! He owns his money and can spend it as he likes perhaps he's not running a charity home.
Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 03, 2013
He was expelled because he wants to tarnish OOu's image,and not because of school fees.

2 Likes

Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by jusuph: 11:04am On Feb 03, 2013
It sadden me when I heard stories like this and now this guy is at d verge of going to jail, what a story
Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by strangest(m): 11:12am On Feb 03, 2013
Kidnapping is now a national issue
Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by alphaconde(m): 11:26am On Feb 03, 2013
brownlord:

Bros na me o, this my step father land wey dem call Nigeria don tire me, i go try find visa take go usa or canada my fatherland

lol i de feel u
Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by Onyenna(m): 11:32am On Feb 03, 2013
Pathetic....
Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by seanet01: 11:36am On Feb 03, 2013
So sad. He should not have been expelled.
What about holding up his certificate till he pays.
Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by ifemiide: 11:48am On Feb 03, 2013
Why are we shying away from the truth ?. His story is truly pathetic, but there are other ways for a student to raise fund for his education without commiting crime. I pray that God should help him o.

1 Like

Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by Gboliwe: 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2013
The title of this thread is wrong based on the article. This man was a student of OOU but was sent out of school for inability to pay his fees. He resorted to kidnapping!
This is a shame on the VC and the entire senate body of that institution. How can you expell a student for not paying his fees? And this is a public school. It is so wrong!

1 Like

Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by slimyem: 12:31pm On Feb 03, 2013
Gboliwe: The title of this thread is wrong based on the article. This man was a student of OOU but was sent out of school for inability to pay his fees. He resorted to kidnapping!
This is a shame on the VC and the entire senate body of that institution. How can you expell a student for not paying his fees? And this is a public school. It is so wrong!
I don't understand..
Are you saying the VC and/or senate body are supposed to sponsor students who cannot afford to pay their school fees?
Why is it a shame on the VC?
Was it his fault that the boy decided to resort to kidnapping?
...and you say OOU is a pubilc school..which means public school don't need money/school fees to run?

3 Likes

Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by dabossman(m): 12:36pm On Feb 03, 2013
ifemiide: Why are we shying away from the truth ?. His story is truly pathetic, but there are other ways for a student to raise fund for his education without commiting crime. I pray that God should help him o.

Finally someone addresses a fundamental issue. I feel for the young man, but if every undergraduate that has troubles paying their fees turns to kidnapping, none of us would be safe.

I know young chaps who paid their school fees working the night shift doing factory work. Heck, a friend sold agbalumo and other fruits in secondary school to get by.

Seems like we tend to condone crime these days.

2 Likes

Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by Tbosch(m): 12:43pm On Feb 03, 2013
ifemiide: Why are we shying away from the truth ?. His story is truly pathetic, but there are other ways for a student to raise fund for his education without commiting crime. I pray that God should help him o.
does he really av to kidnap to pay school fee.?.the guy is a jerk and a criminal and shd face d consequences of his action

2 Likes

Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by KINGwax(m): 12:54pm On Feb 03, 2013
brownlord: Kai, Nigeria is really cursed, can you imagine everyone now lies publicly, a prof lying, i bet you that boy until he was arrested remains a bonafide student of that institution, that how all the schools disown student immediately they involve in any act, what right has a school expel a student for not able to pay fees, kai, this country o
wot a stupid statement!!! What right does he have to keep stayin in school while he breaches his contractrctual terms of tuition fees?
Is ds Imo state of free tertiary education?
Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by KINGwax(m): 12:56pm On Feb 03, 2013
Tbosch:
does he really av to kidnap to pay school fee.?.the guy is a jerk and a criminal and shd face d consequences of his action
dnt mind me!! He's mates engage in manual labours on construction sites to raise money. Is crime ever an excuse?

1 Like

Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 03, 2013
~Bluetooth:

I don't understand you.Are you saying the guy should use his money to pay the school fees of poor people or what ? I just don't this attitude of Nigerians dictating how a grownass man should spend his money ! He owns his money and can spend it as he likes perhaps he's not running a charity home.

[size=18pt]The moderator made a mistake with this story
You must be sad
Why did this one make front page when his name is not Nnamdi you ask.dem for keep am on the down low ,haba,Bluetooth mutters
[/size]
Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by brownlord: 1:37pm On Feb 03, 2013
KINGwax: wot a stupid statement!!! What right does he have to keep stayin in school while he breaches his contractrctual terms of tuition fees?
Is ds Imo state of free tertiary education?

So you mean a student who paid his entrance fee and probably was able to pay 100 and 200 sch fees shld be expel simply because hes not able to pay for the yr ahead, hvnt u seen cases of some student who dont pay up school fees from 100 to finals and they are subjected to pay all their fees before they are allowd to verify or sit for their final exams? Is this not suppose to be a govt. Owned inst? Abeg tink wit ur head

1 Like

Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by Skipfr(m): 1:39pm On Feb 03, 2013
I nor blame most of una. una never hungry before so una nor go know hw e dey b for someone nor to c fud eat talkless of to see the one to pay skul fees. In as much as I am not supporting his action we should look at the remote and immediate causes of his action. If as dem arrest am some of us go say y e nor find work or go skul but e dey go skul nw bt no moni to pay for fees and some of us stil dey castigate am. God go help us

1 Like

Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by Symphony007: 1:50pm On Feb 03, 2013
It's sad because this just luminates the fact that their are thousands of yound nigerians out there willing to go to school but can't due to fees...with all the money in this country can't we afford a student loan program? Thinking of all the things missing in this country when we have the ability to provide it brings a tear to my eye.

3 Likes

Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 03, 2013
So people go to school these days to study kidnapping as a course?? No wonder police officers pref to study criminalogy in leu of law

1 Like

Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 03, 2013
Skipfr: I nor blame most of una. una never hungry before so una nor go know hw e dey b for someone nor to c fud eat talkless of to see the one to pay skul fees. In as much as I am not supporting his action we should look at the remote and immediate causes of his action. If as dem arrest am some of us go say y e nor find work or go skul but e dey go skul nw bt no moni to pay for fees and some of us stil dey castigate am. God go help us
so u be kidnapper too Don't worry police go soon catch u
Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 03, 2013
perhaps,‎u do •̸№t yet understand that some of the rich occult pple use such girls as living rituals.d car He gives may be a sacrifice for her τ̲̅ȍ lose 90% of her destiny.Just thinking aloud.
Re: OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees by Bokoharam: 2:53pm On Feb 03, 2013
honeric01:

Speechless, expelling a student for not paying school fees? what happened to holding unto the cert until he balances up?

In our time in the university, Federal unis never expelled people, or prevented them to write exams for failing to pay their tuition. They only withheld their clearance after degree exams. That was in the 90s, up till early 2000s. It is a shame for the country. Meanwhile, the church that should help the poor Is busy flying private jets, buying properties worth billions but NEGLECTING THE WEIGHTIER MATTERS (Matthew 23:23)

Tearful. ...But then, a kidnapper must suffer for his actions. No alibi, no defense can absolve him from responsibility.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned / Unilorin Accommodation Online: Limited Space. / Standard Associated Examining Board Of America (saeb) Acepted In Nija University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.