Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Requirement For An It Job; - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Requirement For An It Job; (1062 Views)

It Job Opportunities In The Usa / How Can I Rely On IT Job / IT Job Versus Hospitality Job With Better Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Requirement For An It Job; by kolexinfos: 10:13am On Mar 07, 2008
Is there anybody who knows about what an Individual would need to get an IT job from Banks,Oil companies e.t.c. I av CCNA getting ready to finish University.Please I need this information to empower myself the more.
Re: Requirement For An It Job; by Ezenwenyi(m): 6:25pm On Dec 16, 2008
With your CCNA certification you can get a good Job.Meanwhile if you are financially buoyant,then i would advise you get more certifications,just like me,i have OCA and OCP and by middle of next year i should have CCNA and CCNP.
Re: Requirement For An It Job; by MT: 8:13pm On Dec 16, 2008
It's not all about certification, it is how sound you are about what you claim to be certified on. You need to know the practical well. I have seen people with certification using brain dumps to pass without knowing a jack. Besides, dont be master of all trades. Try and pick a career path and develop yourself in it. I hope this helps
Re: Requirement For An It Job; by IykeD(m): 8:57pm On Dec 16, 2008
MT has said it all, you are good to go with your CCNA, as long as you know it.Is it not about packing Certifications, if you are into networking, then go for Cisco Certifications and if it is Database that you like, then Oracle Certifications come in useful but having all of them is not just it.Follow a clearly defined career path.By the grace of God, i am well-trained CCNA and currently running a Telecoms Network Engineering course and about to round off service(NYSC).I don't think i will go further until i get a job and have a good experience on the trainings i have had so far, then i can start my CCNP and above. Cheers!
Re: Requirement For An It Job; by tonyjobs(m): 2:39pm On Dec 18, 2008
Good Advice Guyz!

Well done
Re: Requirement For An It Job; by kolexinfos: 5:46pm On Jan 14, 2013
After year of posting thisi wld like to share my experience. I moved away from the networking line because i felt it was limiting as you can not do a lot of on your own as you dont have access to live routers and switches though we got some good simulators out there to use but they are nothing compared to troubleshooting real life networks.

I am presently work as Programmer/Application Support person and use a lot of technologies like Sharepoint, SQL Server, Flex, Mysql, C#,PHP, JS etc. So my advice for people out there is do what you would enjoy even if you dont get paid initially, thats an easy way to find out wat wld be best for you.

(1) (Reply)

Skilled Workers And Professionals Immigrating To Canada / Adebayo O. Ogunlesi To Join Goldman Sachs Board Of Directors / Housemanship Offers And Interview Info

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.