Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,838 members, 7,828,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Freethinker Of The Month: Tai Solarin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Freethinker Of The Month: Tai Solarin (1096 Views)

As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? / Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments / Freethinker Of The Month: Robert G Ingersoll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Freethinker Of The Month: Tai Solarin by tpaine: 10:18am On Mar 07, 2008
The Nigerian freethinker Tai Solarin, is my choice of freethinker of the month of March; Read about his achievement here; http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/richard_carrier/Tai_Solarin.html

The Tai Solarin Foundation : http://www.taisolarin.org/index.html

And also here: 

http://www.iheu.org/node/1066
Re: Freethinker Of The Month: Tai Solarin by redsun(m): 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2008
Tai is a great man,a legend,i wished i have attended his school in nigeria.It was almost taboo to doubt the existence of god in nigeria as at the time this man did,in his line,i am thinking right now. Just another Fela,great minds.Originality,creativity and human freedom.
Re: Freethinker Of The Month: Tai Solarin by tpaine: 7:23pm On Mar 07, 2008
redsun:

Tai is a great man,a legend,i wished i have attended his school in nigeria.It was almost taboo to doubt the existence of god in nigeria as at the time this man did,in his line,i am thinking right now. Just another Fela,great minds.Originality,creativity and human freedom.

Is Tai well known and recognised in Nigeria?
Re: Freethinker Of The Month: Tai Solarin by redsun(m): 8:31pm On Mar 07, 2008
Tai was a man the people,it is just that the old knowledge suppresses the new,people are afraid to think outside the box,they have been so schooled to think that their only salvation is in heaven,so they are superstitiouly afraid of the wrath of god if they deviate.
The mind is not working,peolple are like hynotize.The more you teach them,the more they doupt.It wil take illustrative teachiings for people to change.
Re: Freethinker Of The Month: Tai Solarin by tpaine: 8:43pm On Mar 07, 2008
redsun:

Tai was a man the people,it is just that the old knowledge suppresses the new,people are afraid to think outside the box,they have been so schooled to think that their only salvation is in heaven,so they are superstitiouly afraid of the wrath of god if they deviate.
The mind is not working,peolple are like hynotize.The more you teach them,the more they doupt.It wil take illustrative teachiings for people to change.

Am afraid, this hypnotism is happening all through Africa (if not the world) with the spread of evangelism. We are breeding a generation of people who would rather be indoctrinated than think.
Re: Freethinker Of The Month: Tai Solarin by almondjoy(f): 2:21pm On Mar 08, 2008
tpaine:

Am afraid, this hypnotism is happening all through Africa (if not the world) with the spread of evangelism. We are breeding a generation of people who would rather be indoctrinated than think.

Well said. This is my greatest anguish for Africa as a whole.

I love Tai Solarin. A great Nigerian.

(1) (Reply)

A Moment Of Reflection! Romance Me Here! / Church Of Satanism Unveils Its Statement Of Faith In Satan / Acts Of Boko Haram Since April Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.