Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,292 members, 7,815,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Nigerian Prom Ideas - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigerian Prom Ideas (1358 Views)

How To Update Your Own Fashion Prom Dresses? / Prom Dress Made With Ankara / Getting A Prom Dress In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Prom Ideas by odumchi: 4:45am On Feb 01, 2013
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for native-style prom dresses (for women) and prom tuxes (for men).

Much thanks in advance. cool
Re: Nigerian Prom Ideas by kandiikane(m): 9:02am On Feb 04, 2013
Erm, 1sec.

Ok, if you search around you may find some stuff using ankara.

House-of Adjeiwaah search fb to see whether they may have anything there.
Re: Nigerian Prom Ideas by Mcleo007(m): 12:29pm On Feb 04, 2013
odumchi: I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for native-style prom dresses (for women) and prom tuxes (for men).

Much thanks in advance. cool

I've been ruminating on this idea for a while and could only say that, the choice of prom dress going by native-style is best exemplified with native prints. Now, the dress sense of the wearer comes to mind, and infact, its the most important when choosing what fabric, colour and style to be made. A typical teenager, with an appetite for anything 'swag' may likely fancy a denim-inspired jacket. A flappy top, doned in adire or ankara fabrics of light/bright colours and a patterned jeans or pant trousers to match. This aspect depends again on the dress taste of the wear. He may decide to go for an ankara patterned pant to match the top, or simply go a jeans, with the latter having a slight touch of the ankara fabric used to make the top. A locally-inspired tux may work just well too. There's a possibility there. The tux is lightly touched with few elements of local fabric at the colar/flap. This will bring out the uniqueness it intends to portray.
For the lady, a cocktail anakara gown, neatly helmed at the knee would make an excellent wear. It should be sleeveless, and the line drawn from the bust. smiley
Re: Nigerian Prom Ideas by odumchi: 3:42am On Feb 08, 2013
Thanks for the responses! If you guys could also post pictures, it'll be nice.

Kandiikane, I'll definitely look up that Facebook page. Mcleo, I'll try to post a sketch of a tux soon so that you can give me more advice from there.

(1) (Reply)

Aventus Creed Cologue For The Wealthy, Seperate Men From The Boys!, Specially Wh / Stylish Name Maker / #bbnaija#; See Ebuka Look In His Agbada Outfit As He Talks About Saturday Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.