Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Looking For A Social Networking Script - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Looking For A Social Networking Script (695 Views)

Opensource Social Networking Script(Facebook Clone) - Available on Github / An Open Source Social Networking Script That Looks Like Facebook / Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking For A Social Networking Script by bakenda(m): 12:09pm On Mar 07, 2008
Can anyone recommend to me a good Script for building
a social networking site like hi5(or even Facebook),
preferably Open Source/free.
Thanks.
Re: Looking For A Social Networking Script by skunk: 6:43pm On Mar 07, 2008
You cant get a good social networking script like those you've mentioned.

Although you can google for their clones (which are pretty messed up copycat versions). These cost money though unless you have friends in teh internet's dark circles.

Most of the ones I know on sourceforge are still under development and are buggy.

keep searching though> you might get lucky
Re: Looking For A Social Networking Script by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 07, 2008
The issue is that [even if you get the code for say hi5 do u thx u will be able to sort if out?] getting it and being able to use it are 2 different things entirely.
Best thing is to get a web designer/programmer to do that for you. But they will surely charge you.
Re: Looking For A Social Networking Script by naijacampu(m): 8:34pm On Mar 10, 2008
I can get the script,install and edit it for you but it is not free,if you are intrested,e-mail me
Re: Looking For A Social Networking Script by mavtrevor(m): 2:27pm On Mar 12, 2008
nil
Re: Looking For A Social Networking Script by mambenanje(m): 1:42pm On Mar 13, 2008
@Poster
Hey buddy Open source is not for IT business men who are not developers them selves. So if you dont know how to write codes the best shot is get a developer who you gon pay then let him build the solution. either from scratch or using some opensource technologies which he or she gon customise.
Open source simple means codes that are free to use but it doesnt mean free software which you can use as a novice.
Thats why non tech guys to go into linux they rather hire developers who gon customise linux for them
hope u get that clear.
If you want to run a social network you can hire a developer and myself I have been building social networks too but I am on one right now and I wont be able to handle your job
Chao

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows How To Upload An Image To A Wordpress Blog / E-commerce Solutions / Designing From The Heart !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.