Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,408 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

How Do I Go About This - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Go About This (775 Views)

Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? / .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For / How Do I Go About These Codes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Go About This by denobleman(m): 12:27pm On Mar 07, 2008
Hi All,
My name is Afam Francis Uzoechina.
Presently I have an idea burning in my head that I do not know how to start translating into the real world.
What could that idea be,you may think.
Please do not laugh,I beg you
Well I am thinking of an an e-info store or what is known is an online bookstore like amazon.com but in this is be dedicated mainly to giving free qualitative information to visitors,researcers etc.
The target audience is to be primarily in these categories:1.Self Improvement and Business Start Up.

Ok,what do call me.A mad man,a hallucinator or what.Just keep your critism aside and give me some helpful hints on how to set up this dream.I will be eternal grateful.

Yes,I have learnt long ago to help people and that's what I want to do and also give like minded people the opportunity via the site
Re: How Do I Go About This by bakenda(m): 12:37pm On Mar 07, 2008
You have a good idea,there is nothing to laugh about,
what you need is a sort of Content Management System
to add content to the site continually ,so that people
can access it.You need to be more specific;is the information
you plan to give free of charge in form of pdf ebooks or what?
Re: How Do I Go About This by mavtrevor(m): 5:20pm On Mar 10, 2008
You are thinking in the right direction bro. Well what i can tell you is get a website or install a script that can help you achieve your dreams.
Re: How Do I Go About This by netpro(m): 1:31am On Mar 11, 2008
@ denobleman:
You have a nice idea and it good. You need to narrow it down (on paper maybe). That will help answer questions like
- It type of content (specific fields or general -which?)
- Will it be by subscription - say by registration
- Will it be free (if so how will you sustain it - through sponsorship or adverts)
- How will people get the info - download or have it written on the web pages
- What is your startup budget?
- Is there a service like the one you want already online - It will give a clue,

When you are able to get answers to these questions, you would have been half way already. All the best!
Re: How Do I Go About This by denobleman(m): 7:31pm On Mar 13, 2008
Hi Quys,
Thanks for all the tips that you gave.I appreciate them all.
Here's a tip of what I am hoping to set up.I will be somewhat fashioned in the manner of the porpular ezinearticles.com and amazon.com.
It's intended to FREE information data bank where anyone can source quality information almost 100% free.
The banks is going to the a one stop place where people(Nigerian)can access information free.I will however include a paid section but the free section is the main target of the site.
However there are burning issues here,viz
1.Will I be able to sustain the site on the short run with adverts and adsence just like ezinearticles.com
2.Due to need for promotions and awareness creation as well as set up cost.How do I avoid charging either posters or surfers either for membership or for the information gotten
3.What scripts is the best in the market to use?
4.Which Nigerian host can reliable handle such a site that has the chances of exploding traffic in a matter of months.
Other useful hints are however welcome.

Thanks

NB:Can someone take a look at http://www.tokunbo.com.ng and see what may be done to give that site its pride of space in the Nigerian web space.Yes,if that site is working optimally.I bet you you quys that Nigerian will have no need of ebay.com .Feel free to contact me

(1) (Reply)

Couple Sues Google Over "street View" Of Their House / Free Web Designing E Book / In Need Of A Short Course On Web-design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.