Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,185 members, 7,860,257 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:24 AM

Slain Banker’s Husband, A Responsible Prisoner – Journalist - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Slain Banker’s Husband, A Responsible Prisoner – Journalist (9234 Views)

Journalist Brutalised By ‘One-Chance’ Robbers In Lagos (photo) / Edo Cult War: Members Bury Slain Victim (photos) / Lagos Robbery: Slain Fish Hawker Buried In Ikoyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slain Banker’s Husband, A Responsible Prisoner – Journalist by SELFWORTH: 2:10pm On Feb 01, 2013
The law in Nigeria is obviously different to that of the rest of the world.

What has his character in prison got to do with the murder?

You assess someone's character leading up the event to try and understand what they did and why not how they behave whilst imprisoned for the offence.

Strange country !
Re: Slain Banker’s Husband, A Responsible Prisoner – Journalist by andyanders: 2:11pm On Feb 01, 2013
I think the investigative journalist is under the spirit of lust and must have falling into love with this murderer. Nobody is against his repentance and should killing his wife and his incarceration make him a good man?Hell No. Well, he can be reformed but he is still a murderer. He murdered his wife and a journalist who has lost her self control, wants to help him out of prison to get what she wants.
Re: Slain Banker’s Husband, A Responsible Prisoner – Journalist by nikegbade(f): 2:52pm On Feb 01, 2013
Lagos_Boi: I can not completely agree with Nigerian Judicial System especially when i understand them better after yakubu's case, Even if he is a tout who works in the motor park, It is strange that he will just pick a knife and stab his wife to death during an arguement or even a fight, There are some incidents that happen in life co-incidentally and this does not neccessarily judge the man in and out.

What if the wife went to take the knife and in the process of trying to collect it, she got stabbed and died. something in me tells me, he can't just stab her to death because of a fight or arguement.

I am interested in this guys's case too. He does not look so wicked to me physologically.

Afterall none of this will bring her back to life.

My sincere opinion.
Imagine d way u're talking. If pipu like him stil reamain in Africa, may d wrath of God be upon them. How can u justify ds kinda wicked act?
Re: Slain Banker’s Husband, A Responsible Prisoner – Journalist by graceng: 3:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
Really,convicts turn good in jail(heard of that),what happens when they are bailed? I mean much later after they are bailed..... that I don't know. I hope it lasts for good.
Re: Slain Banker’s Husband, A Responsible Prisoner – Journalist by NovusHomo(m): 3:12pm On Feb 01, 2013
Ishsoph: A 37-year-old journalist, Efe Omordia, on Tuesday testified as defence witness in the ongoing trial of Akolade Arowolo who allegedly killed his banker wife, Titilayo.

Omordia, who claimed to have worked with Leadership and National Mirror newspapers as an investigative journalist, said[b] Akolade is a “responsible” man, adding that he is role model to many inmates.[/b]

The journalist, who said she rose to the position of Chief Correspondent before she left National Mirror newspapers, told the court that she met Akolade sometimes in March 2012 at the Ikoyi Prison, Lagos.

Omordia, who now works with Joy Bringers International, a non-governmental organisation with interest in rehabilitating prisons’ inmates, said Akolade was one of her students at a character training school of the NGO
She said, “I first heard about Akolade from the information in newspapers and social media. I used to view him then as an irresponsible man.

“But based on my experience as a trained investigative journalist and personal observation, the Akolade I met at the Ikoyi Prisons has displayed exemplary characters.

“He displayed consistently mature character so much that he was made the class secretary during the training.”

Omordia, while being cross-examined by Assistant Chief State Counsel, Femi Adamson, described Akolade as “a handsome man whom she had one-on-one interactions with, adding that she “felt more of respect for him than self-pity”.

After Omordia’s testimony, Akolade’s lawyer, Olanrewaju Ajanaku, told the court that none of the two remaining defence witnesses were available in court.

He urged the court to give an adjournment to enable him to produce the witnesses at a later date.

Justice Lateefah Okunnu, who urged Ajanaku to ensure the presence of the witnesses in court at the scheduled date, adjourned the case until March 27.

Good, let him continue his good work behind bars. Who knows, that probably was Jesus' plan for him all along.
Re: Slain Banker’s Husband, A Responsible Prisoner – Journalist by madan(f): 3:53pm On Feb 01, 2013
Yomieluv: Maybe the guy was possessed,yoruba people call it "EDI",and his senses is now cleared,feeling remorseful.who knows.
Exactly! Olohun maje ki aye lowo loro wa o... Amin!
Re: Slain Banker’s Husband, A Responsible Prisoner – Journalist by klear(f): 4:30pm On Feb 01, 2013
Lagos_Boi: I can not completely agree with Nigerian Judicial System especially when i understand them better after yakubu's case, Even if he is a tout who works in the motor park, It is strange that he will just pick a knife and stab his wife to death during an arguement or even a fight, There are some incidents that happen in life co-incidentally and this does not neccessarily judge the man in and out.

What if the wife went to take the knife and in the process of trying to collect it, she got stabbed and died. something in me tells me, he can't just stab her to death because of a fight or arguement.

I am interested in this guys's case too. He does not look so wicked to me physologically.

My sincere opinion.
rme @ your opinion...am sure if his late wife is your relative, you will have a totally different opinion. She had more than 76 stab wounds & most of them were fatal http://www.punchng.com/metro/slain-banker-had-over-76-stab-wounds-pathologist/ . So she just can not have such wounds while trying to retrieve the knife from him & it is only a demonic rage that will take over a person's mind & make him stab his wife over & over again! If you are tired of the marriage why not parcel her back to where you got her? & And as for his innocent boy looks in the picture, you will be amazed at the number of deranged souls that look normal while walking along the streets.
As for the lawyer, I don't blame her because she is only doing her job ( Just wondering how well she sleeps at night)
Re: Slain Banker’s Husband, A Responsible Prisoner – Journalist by ndujones: 4:41pm On Feb 01, 2013
This one na Nollywood movie. THE RESPONSIBLE PRISONER. Pt 1. We saw how a young man who left his parents in d village nd came 2 Lagos and was looking 4 a job until he got one in a bank. He got money and d parents started disturbing him 2 get married 2 a girl dey have find 4 him.
Pt 2. After some argument, he decided 2 marry d gal but he didn't love her. Because there was no love, they quarrel and fight everyday. Until one day d Banker came back from work, I don't know what happen but he killed his wife

RETURN OF THE RESPONSIBLE PRISONER
Pt 1. The banker was arrested by d Police nd was charged 2 court where he was sentenced 2 life imprisonment. His mother collapse nd his father had heart attack. Both of them were rushed 2 d hospital
Pt 2. While in prison, a young lady working with an NGO who payed a visit 2 d prisoners, was attracted by this banker because he was RESPONSIBLE and HANDSOME, so she decided 2 call him RESPONSIBLE PRISONER. They both fell in love. This young Lady decided 2 file another suite claiming the guy is responsible and handsome, therefore he was not responsible 4 his wife death. What happened next.
WAtCHOUT 4 RESPONSIBLE LOVE FROM PRISON coming your way soon

1 Like

Re: Slain Banker’s Husband, A Responsible Prisoner – Journalist by denitro(m): 6:14pm On Feb 01, 2013
Compelled to be humble
Re: Slain Banker’s Husband, A Responsible Prisoner – Journalist by MadCow1: 8:25pm On Feb 01, 2013
Poor guy.... I always suspected that his late wife might just have pushed him to the point of temporary insanity..

Anyways, If you do the crime, you have to do the time..

MORAL LESSON: Women!! They sure can make a man go crazy in many ways!!
Re: Slain Banker’s Husband, A Responsible Prisoner – Journalist by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:21pm On Feb 01, 2013
klear:
rme @ your opinion...am sure if his late wife is your relative, you will have a totally different opinion. She had more than 76 stab wounds & most of them were fatal http://www.punchng.com/metro/slain-banker-had-over-76-stab-wounds-pathologist/ . So she just can not have such wounds while trying to retrieve the knife from him & it is only a demonic rage that will take over a person's mind & make him stab his wife over & over again! If you are tired of the marriage why not parcel her back to where you got her? & And as for his innocent boy looks in the picture, you will be amazed at the number of deranged souls that look normal while walking along the streets.
As for the lawyer, I don't blame her because she is only doing her job ( Just wondering how well she sleeps at night)

After doing shit for a while your conscience drops dead and sleep comes back natural. Its an inbuilt survival / defense mechanism. Its closely related to Habituation.

My sincere opinion.

My good man are you familiar with the term Crime of passion? It clearly depicts the matter at hand. However, evidence sometimes could be circumstantial. But with the number of wounds and stabs, the best am willing to consider is temporary insanity.
Re: Slain Banker’s Husband, A Responsible Prisoner – Journalist by Nobody: 2:16am On Feb 02, 2013
See as the guy don thin sha. Prison life nor good o
Re: Slain Banker’s Husband, A Responsible Prisoner – Journalist by bigboy3: 5:01am On Feb 02, 2013
He was very responsible in uni too. I still find it hard to believe. Unfortunately, titi was my colleague too....calm and cheerful. Whatever happened between them is still a mystery.
Re: Slain Banker’s Husband, A Responsible Prisoner – Journalist by sammoR: 5:09am On Feb 02, 2013

My sincere opinion.

U don marry b4? In a fit of uncontrollable anger he kills his wife, several times b4 dat he's beaten her 2pulp. Oga open ya eyes! D guy is a murderer. I pity dis journalist wey don dey fall in love. She's next wen he looses control. He shld b locked up 4ever.
Re: Slain Banker’s Husband, A Responsible Prisoner – Journalist by MadCow1: 7:56am On Feb 02, 2013
bigboy3: He was very responsible in uni too. I still find it hard to believe. Unfortunately, titi was my colleague too....calm and cheerful. Whatever happened between them is still a mystery.

He stabbed her 70-something times.. This was a crime of passion, most likely anger. Whatever it was, he was definitely angry beyond The point of sanity. No sane person stabs another person that many times. He prolly had no control of what he was doing. He should be given a few years, psychiatric check-up and probation.
Re: Slain Banker’s Husband, A Responsible Prisoner – Journalist by Billygee2u: 8:53am On Feb 02, 2013
swtcharissa: See NIGERIAN FILM,d babe don dey luv up...be sure she will help fight for his release n become a wife afterwards...happily eva after
THIS VERY LUSTING WOMAN WHO LUST AFTER HANDSOME MEN,WOULDN'T MIND GOING TO SLEEP WITH THE CHIEF JUDGE TO SET THE MURDERER FREE.THEN, SHE WILL BE THE NEXT VICTIM.
Re: Slain Banker’s Husband, A Responsible Prisoner – Journalist by LagosBoi2(m): 9:38am On Feb 02, 2013
for all ya who quoted me

''crime of passion'' or ''temporary insanity'' can be used to explain
what happened to the guy as my friend explained above.

If this case was to be in developed countries they will conduct series
of tests on his phycological state of mind as at that time he commited
the crime, I am sure he can't be in his right senses stabbing her
several times as the report says. He should be thinking of the
consequences, If he is to be a really wicked and devilish guy as
proclaimed, there are better ways to murder someone without traces
especially in naija, so he wouldn't choose to kill her like that and
expect her families to tell him thank you there-after.

I had several girlfriends before i finally settled down, I have a sister
too troublesome one for that matter, i know some people can agree with
me that some if not many women can drive you extremely crazy in some
situations, situations that can push someone who has never raise his
hand on a woman to beat a woman to pulp.

I don't and will never agree to raising hands on women:

Note; I am not justifying his acts but i am very sure he is no criminal, I know one when i see or speak with them cos i be omo-ita myself....just kidding.
Re: Slain Banker’s Husband, A Responsible Prisoner – Journalist by OphiemuLincia: 8:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
Lagos Boi no b mistake ooo.innocent face gudluking does nt mean he is really innocent ​ think e has a mental problem A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ he must b hot tempared

(1) (2) (Reply)

Four Killed, 50 Injured, 20 Vehicles Destroyed As Hoodlums Clash In Lagos / Finally, The Ultimate Nigerian Drug Baron Jailed 10 Years / Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.