Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

How Good A Rapper Are You? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How Good A Rapper Are You? (1283 Views)

Boogey Vs Erriga:who Is Better a rapper? / Is She A Rapper Or A Adult Star Pinky Album / Who Says Rugged Man Isnt A Rapper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Good A Rapper Are You? by decepticos(m): 6:16pm On Feb 01, 2013
Re: How Good A Rapper Are You? by decepticos(m): 6:54pm On Feb 01, 2013
Ok sori i just posted a link 1st, i came accros this blog while on twitter, and being a rap fan this blogger got me hooked, his analysis are quite amazing esp when he talks of listening to rap musically, i know, that souds strange, but i got permitted to post some of his analysis, it'll amaze you the ease in which techniqcal raps are delivered.

Here is a teaser; Kendrick Lamar

If you’ve been alive recently you know that Kendrick Lamar just released his much-anticipated “Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City album.” Overall I really, really liked the album, the album of the year I think. However, this is not yet another GKMC review. Instead, I want to take a look only at Kendrick’s rap, not the beats of his songs. When I say rap, I mean the words and rhythms that Kendrick speaks, and how they interact together.
It’s my belief that, when discussing rap (which here refers to something completely different from hip-hop), we can move the discussion beyond the “Drake sucks, Eminem rules” kind. We can look at rappers and, by describing their musical and rhythmic tendencies, group them into different categories. Ultimately, who is good and who is bad will be left up to the listener, but I know what I prefer,
and will offer my value judgments based on what I believe to be the core fundamental principles underlying all good rap. To that end, just what are these different tendencies that we can describe? First, what differentiates rap from so many
other vocal and poetic genres: their rhymes. It’s obvious that some rappers rhyme more (Eminem) and some rappers rhyme less (Drake.) By counting the number of rhymes that a rapper uses per bar, which is a musical duration of time just like a second, or an hour, we can differentiate between various rappers. Furthermore, we can describe just how these rappers use these rhymes. For instance, do they use more than one syllable? (“To waking up my throat SCRATCHY / that’s how I spit it, NASTY”, Nas, from the song “Don’t Get Carried
Away”, where the capitalized words rhyme together, and each is more than one syllable long.) Just one syllable long? (“And when I leave I always come right back HERE / The young spitter that everybody in rap FEAR”, Drake, Successful) Are the
rhyme sounds always repeated in the same order? (“Way past the MINIMUM, entering miLLENIUM” –Mos Def, RE: DEFinition, where the vowel sounds of –“ih”, “uh”, and “uh” are in the same order) Are they mixed up? (“His palms are sweaty / knees week, arms are heavy / there’s vom it on his sweater already” – Eminem, Lose Yourself, where the “ah” and “ee”
vowel sounds occur in different orders, as indicated by the bold and italics.)? Do they occur in the same place in the musical bar, which is again, a duration of time?

pls visit the blog and leave a comment if u get it.

www.rapanalysis.com/2012/11/rap-music-analysis-14-kendrick-lamar.html

www.rapanalysis.com
Re: How Good A Rapper Are You? by decepticos(m): 7:15pm On Feb 01, 2013
Re: How Good A Rapper Are You? by Marizu50(m): 10:29pm On Feb 02, 2013
JUST LISTEN : and if its wack feel free to diss me and if it aint show some love, 4 real tho -->> Agarta by Rizu http:///e16pamvcnim8

1 Like

Re: How Good A Rapper Are You? by decepticos(m): 5:21am On Feb 04, 2013
Marizu50: JUST LISTEN : and if its wack feel free to diss me and if it aint show some love, 4 real tho -->> Agarta by Rizu http:///e16pamvcnim8
Its not the worst ive heard. Nice beat, no topic though, needs much work, what does agarta mean? just curious, but u know say na agathar u dey talk for the track.
Re: How Good A Rapper Are You? by Pankaj1106(m): 6:23am On Feb 04, 2013
I love rap ..But I am never able to sing the rap so fast like Eminem..
Re: How Good A Rapper Are You? by decepticos(m): 9:14am On Feb 04, 2013
Pankaj1106: I love rap ..But I am never able to sing the rap so fast like Eminem..
You could but you'd be better off being you. Just understand how you pronounce your words and learn to manipulate them, it will be hard but practise is key.
Re: How Good A Rapper Are You? by Marizu50(m): 10:47am On Feb 16, 2013
decepticos:
Its not the worst ive heard. Nice beat, no topic though, needs much work, what does agarta mean? just curious, but u know say na agathar u dey talk for the track.

Thnx bruv, yh I'm an upcoming rapper and know I still need 2 put in some work, its actually meant 2 be Agartha true dat Agartha's used as a phrase in the song ironically meaning man up.
Re: How Good A Rapper Are You? by decepticos(m): 5:13pm On Feb 16, 2013
Marizu50:

Thnx bruv, yh I'm an upcoming rapper and know I still need 2 put in some work, its actually meant 2 be Agartha true dat Agartha's used as a phrase in the song ironically meaning man up.
Its practise that matters most. Give it ur best man.

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MP3: Modenine – I See Ft Ice Prince / The Richest Fuji Musicians In Nigeria 2016 / FREE BEAT 3: Hosted By Surface Beatz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.