Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,027 members, 7,953,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:25 AM

Do You Return The Excess Balance Given To You After Buying Something? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Return The Excess Balance Given To You After Buying Something? (810 Views)

What Do You Usually Do First When You Return Home From Work/outing Everyday? / Garri And Sugar Given To Drunk People, How Effective? / Why Do Yorubas Return The Bride-price To The Groom's Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Return The Excess Balance Given To You After Buying Something? by anitank(f): 8:45pm On Feb 01, 2013
Ok i wasn't exactly sure where to post this.......but i'm here anyway.

I've had couple of encounters where the seller gives me excess 'change' after i'm done buying something, be it grocery, recharge cards, even bus conductors. Most times i return the money but sincerely, a few other times i get tempted not to. embarassed

So tell me, have you ever been given excess change and how often? Do you return the money or you just spend it?
Re: Do You Return The Excess Balance Given To You After Buying Something? by MrSinister(m): 9:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
Yes, i do! I don't like cheating and besides, i do unto others what i wish them to do unto me #shikena

1 Like

Re: Do You Return The Excess Balance Given To You After Buying Something? by martyns303(m): 9:46pm On Feb 01, 2013
I usually go to the post office to pick up things I ordered atleast 4 times in a month, soon the lady at the post office got used to me. On this day she had given me excess balance, I didn't realize it till I got home. When I did realize it, I had to take the money back (equivalent of N400). The problem now is that transport by one means will cost me equivalent of N30,000 and the other N2000, I spent the later just to return N400. When I got there and handed the lady the balance, she asked me where am from, I don't look like their nationals. When I told her that am Nigerian, she was like "huh" I don't know what she mean, but I don't think she mean well. I still go there to pick up stuffs and she kinda likes me a lot now, I don't even need to go with a slip to pick up my delivery.
Re: Do You Return The Excess Balance Given To You After Buying Something? by anitank(f): 10:19pm On Feb 01, 2013
u obviously dont sound like u're in Nigeria. That's a good one.
But i tell u, no Nigerian guy in Nigeria will spend N2000 on transport to return N400 except na swear dem swear for u grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Which Tribe Has Hardest Dancing Step / . / The Child Sex Trade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.