Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past (1601 Views)

Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard / Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! / Chinua Achebe Is Ignorant Of The Situation In Nigeria - GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past by fkaz(m): 9:50pm On Feb 01, 2013
Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...Says Achebe Is Living In The Past Over Comments On Civil War Former President Olusegun
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has again launched another attack on President Goodluck Jonathan whom he said should be blamed for the current difficulties Nigerians are facing especially the problem of insecurity. The latest attack on Jonathan is coming on the heels of a similar one about two weeks ago during an interview on CNN.
In an another interview Obasanjo granted an international magazine, New African , published in its February edition, the former Nigerian leader accused Jonathan of mismanaging the security issues engulfing the country. He goes on to claim that Jonathan is solely responsible for the deteriorating situation causeby the insurgent Boko Haram.
“If the president is the chief security officer of the country and there is a security problem, where do you go for the solution? And if that solution is not coming from the chief security officer, who has everybody and can mobalise everybody, inside and outside to get a solution, the he has the responsibility to solve the problem. And nobody else should be blamed but him”, Obasanjo had declared without mincing words.
The former Head of State also challenged claims made by Nigerian literary giant, Chinua Achebe, regarding the country’s civil war in the 1960s. Obasanjo rebuffed claims that successive Nigerian administrations have marganalised the Igbo ethnic groupwithin the country.
“Maybe he is making those remarks because he is not living in Nigeria. If he were living in Nigeria, when I was the president of this country an Igbo lady was my minister of finance, and Igbo man was the governor of the Central Bank. An Igbo man was one of the military service chiefs. The permanent representative to theUN was also an Igbo person. What more do you want? For someone to say the civil was has not ended, 40 years after its conclusion, that person is living in the past”, Obasanjo countered.
http://ireports-ng.com/2013/02/01/blame-jonathan-for-nigerias-woes-obasanjo-says-achebe-is-living-in-the-past-over-comments-on-civil-war/
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past by Omexonomy: 10:14pm On Feb 01, 2013
As as how.
Brotherly advice: for ur own good and the good of people arround you stop drinking raw enthanol and stop smoking strong indian hemp. And please please and please Please help us beg fashola he has being going about closing markets in lagos and demanding 50million naira from each of the market.
Ketu market
boundry ajegunle market
orile market
alaber suru market
coker building material market (they paid 65million b4 the market was reopen)
more comming up soon.
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 01, 2013
OBJ dey hama his progeny for public. Wahala dey o
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past by obi4eze(m): 10:19pm On Feb 01, 2013
Na wa o! Dis their fight never still end? One thing I notice with OBJ is that when he fights he makes it public.
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 01, 2013
This man should shut up. He was the one who handpicked GEJ to become VP in 2007 and supported him for his presidency. If GEJ is doing anything wrong, he should also be blamed.
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past by feminancy(m): 10:55pm On Feb 01, 2013
this ape @ it again.
Mitcheeew
passing....
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past by fkaz(m): 10:56pm On Feb 01, 2013
One thing i still hate about obasanjo is that, he made a retard to be nigeria president today,
Of which i believe he will be regretting also.
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past by Wendyslim(f): 11:03pm On Feb 01, 2013
J12: This man should shut up. He was the one who handpicked GEJ to become VP in 2007 and supported him for his presidency. If GEJ is doing anything wrong, he should also be blamed.
. Na your papa mate you dey tell make he shut up. Hmmmmmm I pity you oooooo even if na him pick am person no dey change abi you no no say change is constant?
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past by Ufeolorun(m): 11:05pm On Feb 01, 2013
Nigeria has given a lot to Obasanjo but he failed Nigeria at a critical period,and the result is here.
Obasanjo should always end his criticism of this most unfortunate era with a public apology.
I have never been this hopeless for the future of this country,even the so called opposition have shown seriously little sign of being different
Mind boggling madness.
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past by CyberG: 11:16pm On Feb 01, 2013
I am not a fan of OBJ but as bad as he may be, he is a towering giant over almost all the other people who have led the country. The sad part? To know a man's record of achievement but yet be unable to beat him or measure up despite the fake Ph. D and a lot more money and resources. GEJ took a job he wasn't qualified for and lied, setting peoples' expectations wrongly. OBJ himself must have been deceived that retardeen had something upstairs and could never be so much a failure. It's like a JAMB student who scores just 200 and he is admitted based on presenting faked WAEC grades, some connection, etc but those helping have no idea he is so dum.b and will be facing ROAD ONE (advice to withdraw) bye core the end of part 2 with a comatose CGPA. This is the story of the retardeen.

For Ashebe, he is living in the past and a world that he wished existed but only in his dream. He will not be coming back to Nigeria anyway so he can say whatever crap comes to his mind only that we (Nigerians) will NEVER STOP to correct any lies that come from his mouth.
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past by davechika(m): 11:30pm On Feb 01, 2013
OBJ and his shegenenian authoritarian politicking,am amazed to his new game of critising people in power while he didnt tolerate such when he was in power.anway i trust his every moves is a well calculated steps to ..........
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past by redsun(m): 12:01am On Feb 02, 2013
Why gej has not charged this ape for his numerous atrocities is actually what made him dumbo. Animals like obj should be cooling off in maximum security prison with hard labor
for the rest of their miserable lives.

And until that happens,Nigeria will never make sense,it will remain for the dogs. That is he wishes so hard that the not too distant past should just disappear.
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past by austinsmat(m): 1:49am On Feb 02, 2013
obi4eze: Na wa o! Dis their fight never still end? One thing I notice with OBJ is that when he fights he makes it public.
yeroba will always be yeroba grin
obi4eze: Na wa o! Dis their fight never still end? One thing I notice with OBJ is that when he fights he makes it public.
yeroba will always be yeroba cheesy
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past by Akshow: 7:20am On Feb 02, 2013
austinsmat: yeroba will always be yeroba grin yeroba will always be yeroba cheesy
yeah! And Yeeebos whined, are still whinin and will continue whinin about the civil war. That is the highest they can do. Whine!
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past by Akshow: 7:23am On Feb 02, 2013
OBJ you have spoken well jare. Only a man who is bereft of logical thinkin and is insincere will exempt GEJ of any blame for our present insecurity. I mean as the COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF NIG ARMED FORCE GEJ should have done better
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past by Alincko: 3:37am On Feb 03, 2013
If OBJ now fink GEJ is ɑ̤̥̈̊ failure who den will say is wrong cos he single handedly nominated Gej A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ stand by him 2 bcom d president so he (Obj) owns his mouth he shuld use it
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past by abouzaid: 5:11am On Feb 03, 2013
And obasanjo advice for Gej was to adopt the odi and zaki ibiam treatment for maidugri? Efcc and human rights watch should be used to arrest and prosecute that ape. So because achebe disgraced him by not accepting his award, he thinks that he can slander d illuminary giant? I think Obj have opened another avenue of controversy cos ppl will now start proving that achebe was correct with hard statistics. Obj should learn to close his mouth, he is stretching his luck too far.
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past by Dibiachukwu: 5:46am On Feb 03, 2013
Wendyslim: . Na your papa mate you dey tell make he shut up. Hmmmmmm I pity you oooooo even if na him pick am person no dey change abi you no no say change is constant?
The beast named Obasanjo is neither African nor human. He deserves no respect. A man that disgraced "Nigerian" peoples, by handing over the animal named Charles Taylor, to the devils. When we Africans say A, we mean A. We are not back stabbers. He is a disgrace.

1 Like

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past by abouzaid: 8:35am On Feb 03, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
The beast named Obasanjo is neither African nor human. He deserves no respect. A man that disgraced "Nigerian" peoples, by handing over the animal named Charles Taylor, to the devils. When we Africans say A, we mean A. We are not back stabbers. He is a disgrace.
i thought i was the only one who noticed the treachery and betrayal he meted to taylor, however, i'm not surprised, his ppl are known for that. GEJ Should have him handled before he backstabs him to an early grave.

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With Almajiris After Kano Luxurious Bomb Blast. / Fashola's Speech At 2013 Thanksgiving / Omisore Of PDP And Akinbade Of LP Absent At Osun State Election Debate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.