Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,606 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo (32805 Views)

Desmond Elliot: Why I Hid My Yoruba Identity From Nollywood / Comedian Baba Funky Wore This On His Wedding Day (photos) / Emir Sanusi's Bride, Sa'adatu, On Their Wedding Day (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by babysnogls: 10:53am On Feb 02, 2013
Nice. As far back as 1937, ds great couple respectd d sanctity of marriage. She wasnt 'iyawo nylon bag'. Nice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by FreeGlobe(f): 10:54am On Feb 02, 2013
Akshow: from the north to the south, down to the west people who know his value appreciate him. As for the east, go figure that out
which north? the north frustrated him to kill himself? I hope you don't mean west with the western world because am more popular than him in the west myself. Don't overate his fame please. he is only famous in SW Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by Pontaboki: 10:55am On Feb 02, 2013
Akshow: from the north to the south, down to the west people who know his value appreciate him. As for the east, go figure that out
From the Boko of the north.Lol.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by Lakayana: 11:01am On Feb 02, 2013
prince_onx: What impact does Awolowo's 1937 wedding picture have on anyone? Or the situation of things in naija?
Have some respect am sure by 1937 your grandparents have not seen wedding attires

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by theripper2: 11:05am On Feb 02, 2013
Another Joseph Kony with Oyibo regalia. Mtscheeeew.
Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by sage2(m): 11:10am On Feb 02, 2013
They apparently weren't happy. I doubt if they ever courted. I hate family arranged weddings.
Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by Ishilove: 11:11am On Feb 02, 2013
honey001:

As if they were forced to marry each other.
But they were still married for fifty years before Awo passed on. Unlike these days when people marry and divorce in 72 days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by Ishilove: 11:15am On Feb 02, 2013
Orikinla: He looked confident and proud. While she looked intimidated and apprehensive.
Bullshit. They both looked like they were being forced to marry, Awo especially. Anyway back then people frowned on PDA, so they masked their joy behind a facade of stern sobriety.
Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by Akshow: 11:22am On Feb 02, 2013
FreeGlobe:
which north? the north frustrated him to kill himself? I hope you don't mean west with the western world because am more popular than him in the west myself. Don't overate his fame please. he is only famous in SW Nigeria.
i wont dignify you wit a response cos its obvious sentiment and tribalism as becloud your sense of reasonin. Bitterness is a bile that shortens life. Take responsibility for your failure and stop blamin another for your stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by Akshow: 11:26am On Feb 02, 2013
Pontaboki :
From the Boko of the north.Lol.
thank God your people are those sliced up like suya and killed in the north. Your casualty since that coup perpetrated by your own people is uncountable. So, the joke is right back at you
Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by Akshow: 11:30am On Feb 02, 2013
Ishilove:
But they were still married for fifty years before Awo passed on. Unlike these days when people marry and divorce in 72 days.
well said! And some married their friend's daughter only for her to start screwwwin around when the old man's manhood failed him
Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 02, 2013
I remember Ebenezer Obey's song played on LP when I was young...Awoooooo, Awolowo...

I remember watching your lying in state and burial ceremony on live tv, even though I was young, I knew you were and was a great man.

Pa Awolowo, all we have nowadays are fake people trying to be, walk, talk and act like you.

If you have a chance to see what Nigeria has turned into, you would weep for this once great country. Things would never be the same again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by FXKing2012(m): 11:36am On Feb 02, 2013
deeplow: Lovely and funny
Whatz so lovely about this cos I aint seeing the love in their faces. Them just squeeze face like say na fight.
The man was busy thinking of politics on his wedding day...
Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by metti(m): 11:44am On Feb 02, 2013
FreeGlobe: Why is this union of genocide and cruelty on respected Nairaland homepage. SMH cool
Idiot! Tribalist..
Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by Exponental(m): 11:55am On Feb 02, 2013
Akshow: All hail the sage. The best president naija never had.
nearly cannot kill a bird......d best nearly president nigeria would have had.
Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:57am On Feb 02, 2013

5 Likes

Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by FreeGlobe(f): 11:58am On Feb 02, 2013
metti:
Idiot! Tribalist..
Read my signature bro
Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by mukoloAndy(m): 12:03pm On Feb 02, 2013
[/quote][quote author=PAGAN 9JA]why is a CHief wearing white mans clothes?

Becos deris notin wrong wit wearin a white man's dress in a white wedding tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by Iceslizer(f): 12:03pm On Feb 02, 2013
Ishilove: Why the two of them bone face like this?

When marriage was a solemn occasion not just a funfair that ends after the reception.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by Listener10: 12:08pm On Feb 02, 2013
FreeGlobe:
and yet a former british prime minister once said Obafemi Awolowo will make a good british prime minister.dont just talk with bitterness because your second class tribe doesnt have leaders that think with their brain.and thats why you guys lost the war.fuc.kin.g esterners

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by billynoni(m): 12:17pm On Feb 02, 2013
Funny enof.....ma grandma still got dix in her bedroom,d last tym i went 2 hometown.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by phreakabit(m): 12:21pm On Feb 02, 2013
Mr.chippychappy:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/648287_awo_rat_poison__jpgdadabdc6f31be38d4ff0091e296a0563

Say no to tribalism! [size=13pt]Everyone quote Mr.chippychappy's post[/size], so everyone can se how much of a tribalist he really is! grin

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by BankoleNco: 12:25pm On Feb 02, 2013
phreakabit:

Say no to tribalism! [size=13pt]Everyone quote Mr.chippychappy's post[/size], so everyone can se how much of a tribalist he really is! grin

True talk bro!
Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by BankoleNco: 12:26pm On Feb 02, 2013
Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by uchlukez(f): 12:31pm On Feb 02, 2013
HIV Awolowo grin
Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by babaowo: 1:14pm On Feb 02, 2013
hero....
Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by EiE1(f): 1:29pm On Feb 02, 2013
Why can't i stop shaking my head and holding my ribs from cracking over the sight of the bride's bouquet, i mean flower!? Hahahahhahhaahahahahahahahaha...
Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by princenonny(m): 1:47pm On Feb 02, 2013
Awolowo is damn ugly!!!!
Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by Vincent41(m): 2:39pm On Feb 02, 2013
prince_onx: What impact does Awolowo's 1937 wedding picture have on anyone? Or the situation of things in naija?
u talk well brother
Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 02, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Says Odumegwu chukuemeka oju-iku

U SABI FIND TROUBLE O
Re: Picture Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo On His Wedding Day To HID Awolowo by vanbonattel: 3:05pm On Feb 02, 2013
Nice picture, what really killed this man?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guy Cries On Seeing Davido Face To Face (video) / 2face, Tonto Dikeh, Annie Idibia, Segun Arinze, Francis Duru, Angela Okorie: Pic / "Barbie Would Be Jealous" - Toke Makinwa Stuns In New Photo (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.