Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

GHOST WRITING: Writing To Please Your Clients - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / GHOST WRITING: Writing To Please Your Clients (580 Views)

Ghost Writer For 2012 Commonwealth Short Story Competition / Most Prolific Nigerian Poem Ghost Writer! / How Do I Use This Talent I Just Discovered(writing)to Make Money From Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

GHOST WRITING: Writing To Please Your Clients by ekaromail: 3:01am On Feb 02, 2013
I have done a lot of writing in my life. Some were for fun, while others were serious projects.
As a writer, clients will come to you with several jobs, ranging from the ones you are familiar with to those you are completely ignorant of. But because someone who was very pleased with your work referred a client to you, the new client will want to believe that you can handle their projects by carrying out the necessary research and skillfully writing it down. Now the question is this, as a writer, how do you get your clients to continuously hire your services?

Three Ways To Keep Your Clients Coming Back;

1. Only Accept Jobs You Are familiar with. If a potential client comes to you to write him a book or articles on topics you are not familiar with, just plainly but politely let him/her know that you are not an expert in that field. Oh yes, you may think to yourself, “But if I research this topic, I will be able to do it.” Hey! Just back off from the offer okay, even if the pay is huge and you really need it. It is better to keep your good name than to soil it forever.
This was one mistake I made once and I vowed to not do it again. Why? Well this was what happened. I accepted a project work from a client. The project topic was something I really knew nothing about and so, I went straight into research. Did I find anything useful? Yes. Did I clearly understand what I found? No, I only understood half of it. The other half just refused to be clear. You see, I am someone who learns faster when the basics of any subject is thought to me through explanation. Reading articles or books has always been a last resort for me because I do better with explanations. So, I started to look for videos on the topic and when I eventually found one, I still could not fully understand the other half. I spent some more time re-reading and re-watching the materials with me. Finally, the topic sank completely. I understood it and from then on knew what was expected of me but, there was one problem. I had spent so much time researching and now, my submission deadline was just a few hours away. Immediately, I started work but with anxiety and fear that I might not meet the deadline. Disappointing a client is one thing I dislike a lot because it spoils my reputation. Well to cut long story short, I did not meet the deadline but when I did submit, I made sure my client had no reason to complain. It was the only way to pacify him. Now this particular client was understanding and patient with me but, how sure are you that yours will be too. Prevention they say is better than cure.

2. Even if you are very familiar with the project title you are working on, make sure you ask questions. Know more about what the project should look like from the client’s point of view. If the client has a website and your assignment is related to it, go over and browse through it. This will help you understand your assignment better and how your client wants it done.

3. Most importantly, whatever project you decide to take on, handle it like it is your personal work. Don’t lazy on the job like it’s no man’s business because the truth is this, since you accepted the job, it became your business. If you handle it seriously, you will do justice to it and your client will be pleased enough to come back for more jobs and also refer other clients to you.

The three points above are simple and easy to understand. As a writer I hope you will follow it. Even if you are not into writing but you offer a service, this applies to you too.

Cheers

http://theghostwritingblog..com/2013/02/ghost-writing-writing-to-please-your.html
Re: GHOST WRITING: Writing To Please Your Clients by Michclef: 4:38pm On Feb 16, 2013
My email address is oluyolemichael@pmail.com.Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Writers Needed Urgently. Apply Within!!! / Hire A Novel Title & Synopsis Professional Today / Do You Need A Good Content Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.