Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,982 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God (2570 Views)

RELIGION And DOCTRINE Is A Disease!... / Do You Think This Doctrine is right In Church? / Back-to-sender Doctrine Is Anti- Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 02, 2013
Can u burn ur child alive for telling lies,stealing or even worse?i know u cant which shows dat u believe mankind's love for their offspring is greater than the love our heavenly father has for we his children-which isnt so.before u continue believing the hell doctrine,first put ur handsome or ugly face in a burning stove for 15minutes then perhaps i will believe too.dont comment to argue if u havent tried it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by advocate666: 1:54pm On Feb 02, 2013
Matthew 25:41

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by ooman(m): 1:56pm On Feb 02, 2013
apparently, you just dont know how cruel the xtian God is!
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 02, 2013
Segeggs: Can u burn ur child alive for telling lies,stealing or even worse?i know u cant which shows dat u believe mankind's love for their offspring is greater than the love our heavenly father has for we his children-which isnt so.before u continue believing the hell doctrine,first put ur handsome or ugly face in a burning stove for 15minutes then perhaps i will believe too.dont comment to argue if u havent tried it.

ignore the troll.
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 02, 2013
An excerpt from the above link.

Torment: The Ultimate Fear Factor

The fear of eternal torment has terrified Christians for nearly 1,700 years. History records that every device of tyranny, persecution and torture in the name of God and religion, has flourished to frighten the uneducated church goer into believing. Harold O.J. Brown, a theology professor at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, declares the effectiveness of the fear of hell-fire compared to that of simple non-existence at death: "...annihilationism [non-existence as a penalty for sin] takes some of the punch out of Gospel preaching. To tell the unrepentant that the worst fate that could befall them is extinction makes continuing in sin seem less risky."

Is God honored by such fear tactics? "Their fear toward me is taught by the precepts of men...." (Isa. 29:13) His desire is a willing and obedient heart motivated purely by love for Him and His righteousness—not motivated by fear. Pagans built sacrificial altars to their false god, Baal, where they burned their children alive in the fire. But God Himself declares that such a concept "never did enter My mind." (Jer.19:5) The idea of torture is abhorrent to God. He forbade it in the Law of the Jews. The Apostle John states that "God is love... perfect love casts out fear because fear hath torment." 1 John 4:16-18

Entire congregations have been held captive to this fearsome interpretation of Scripture for centuries, because they have been unable to deny such a claim without the privilege of owning a Bible. Today, in this time of enlightenment, with free access to Bibles and study materials, investigation is not only possible, but also a necessity to understanding the true character of God and His loving plans for all­—including those who do not accept Christ now. Indeed, for a Christian today to subscribe to such a doctrine without thorough investigation would be dishonoring to a God of love.

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by advocate666: 2:07pm On Feb 02, 2013
Jude 1:7

7 And don’t forget Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring towns, which were filled with immorality and every kind of sexual perversion. Those cities were destroyed by fire and serve as a warning of the eternal fire of God’s judgment.
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 02, 2013
advocate666: Matthew 25:41

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
did the bible now say that they wont die but keep burning alive?no.they will be totally destroyed-annihilation-cos u ursef cant bear to see ur children suffer in places like hospitals,prisons,schools etc even when there is no fire
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 02, 2013
advocate666: Jude 1:7

7 And don’t forget Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring towns, which were filled with immorality and every kind of sexual perversion. Those cities were destroyed by fire and serve as a warning of the eternal fire of God’s judgment.
are they still burning in that fire?if so,why are you still worshipping that kind of God?am not an atheist cos i believe in Jehovah but not the way brainwashed people do,ok!
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by advocate666: 2:25pm On Feb 02, 2013
Segeggs: did the bible now say that they wont die but keep burning alive?no.they will be totally destroyed-annihilation-cos u ursef cant bear to see ur children suffer in places like hospitals,prisons,schools etc even when there is no fire

Daniel 12:2

Many of those whose bodies lie dead and buried will rise up, some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting disgrace.

Matthew 25:46

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Revelation 14:11

"And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

Isaiah 66:24

"And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind."
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by advocate666: 2:27pm On Feb 02, 2013
Segeggs: are they still burning in that fire?if so,why are you still worshipping that kind of God?am not an atheist cos i believe in Jehovah but not the way brainwashed people do,ok!

I worship Satan. We love hell fire.
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2013
advocate666:

I worship Satan. We love hell fire.
u love hell fire or perhaps the doctrine which decieves people,isnt it?by the way,none of those verses u quoted above mentioned people burning ALIVE.mumu devil worshipper
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by advocate666: 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2013
Segeggs: u love hell fire or perhaps the doctrine which decieves people,isnt it?by the way,none of those verses u quoted above mentioned people burning ALIVE.mumu devil worshipper

Matthew 5:22

22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’[or mumu] will be in danger of the fire of hell.
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by Joagbaje(m): 3:25pm On Feb 02, 2013
Segeggs: Can u burn ur child alive for telling lies,stealing or even worse?i know u cant which shows dat u believe mankind's love for their offspring is greater than the love our heavenly father has for we his children-which isnt so.before u continue believing the hell doctrine,first put ur handsome or ugly face in a burning stove for 15minutes then perhaps i will believe too.dont comment to argue if u havent tried it.

Point of correction. Those who go to hell are not Gods children . They are of the enemy .

Secondly, as much as God is love he is also the God of justice.. Those who go into damnation make their choice .its the choice that takes man to th different destination.

Deuteronomy 30:19
that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing:therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 02, 2013
advocate666:

Matthew 5:22

22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’[or mumu] will be in danger of the fire of hell.
u r really the mumu dat i called u not to have understood what i've been saying since.God doesnt burn people alive and forever.what side are u on sef,mr 666?u serve and worship d devil and yet u affirm dat hellfire is real.haba
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by advocate666: 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2013
Segeggs: u r really the mumu dat i called u not to have understood what i've been saying since.God doesnt burn people alive and forever.what side are u on sef,mr 666?u serve and worship d devil and yet u affirm dat hellfire is real.haba

Where did I affirm that hellfire was real? I was only quoting your bible.
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by advocate666: 4:22pm On Feb 02, 2013
Segeggs: u r really the mumu dat i called u not to have understood what i've been saying since.God doesnt burn people alive and forever.what side are u on sef,mr 666?u serve and worship d devil and yet u affirm dat hellfire is real.haba

How does he do? Please enlighten me while keeping the verses I quoted in mind.
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2013
Joagbaje:

Point of correction. Those who go to hell are not Gods children . They are of the enemy .

Secondly, as much as God is love he is also the God of justice.. Those who go into damnation make their choice .its the choice that takes man to th different destination.

Deuteronomy 30:19
that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing:therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
was it also their choice to be created into a cruel word?if u send ur child to fetch firewood at the other side of a river that has been frozen but with ice not thick enough to support the weight of a rat,whatever happens to the child is ur responsibility.God knew dat dats y he sent jesus to redeem mankind.people sin attimes cos of tight situations.those dat will be destroyed-not burned alive and forever-are those dat worshipped the beast.sinners who didnt will come to know the true God and will be forgiven at the second resurrection.
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by Joagbaje(m): 4:56pm On Feb 02, 2013
Segeggs: was it also their choice to be created into a cruel word?if u send ur child to fetch firewood at the other side of a river that has been frozen but with ice not thick enough to support the weight of a rat,whatever happens to the child is ur responsibility.God knew dat dats y he sent jesus to redeem mankind.people sin attimes cos of tight situations.those dat will be destroyed-not burned alive and forever-are those dat worshipped the beast.sinners who didnt will come to know the true God and will be forgiven at the second resurrection.

You don't use logic for Gods word. Just accept what the bible says not what your mind feels.

Revelation 20:15
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

God is not condemning anyone. Condemnation took place by the reason of Adam fall. God gave man another opportunity for salvation through christ . Anyone who reject the great salvation have himself to blame

John 3:16-17
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 02, 2013
[quote author=Joagbaje]

You don't use logic for Gods word. Just accept what the bible says not what your mind feels.

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

God is not condemning anyone. Condemnation took place by the reason of Adam fall. God gave man another opportunity for salvation through christ . Anyone who reject the great salvation have himself to blame

[color=#990000][b]John 3:16-17[/did d bible say dat they'll be alive while burning in the lake of fire?no.it is a second death which is none existence.can u enjoy heavenly bliss while ur loved ones are burning somewhere?by the way,have u burnt ur face in d stove like i told u cos dats d only reason y i can believe u.

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by alexleo(m): 9:05pm On Feb 02, 2013
Another false prophet at work here. You are simply afraid of hell and it shouldnt be so for any real child of God. Our journey to heaven is simply by GRACE. Keep asking God to give you GRACE for the RACE. All this sentimental and emotional interpretations you and frosbel are giving God's judgment (which of course stems out of the fear of hell) will not do you any good because at the end of the day you will still discover that you have deceived yourselves and by then it will be too late to change your eternal destiny. Face the hard truth about God's judgment and ask for grace to make heaven day by day. What happens to people in hell does not concern you if you are sure that by his grace you ll make heaven. Preach the message of God's love and judgment to the sinners. Stop watering down God's judgment. Your opinion about it wont change anything. Remember that for every soul you deceive into hell with these false message you are not free of hell too. BE CAREFUL brother.

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by alexleo(m): 9:12pm On Feb 02, 2013
Thanks and God bless you. They think that bible is what you just quote anyhow. Anybody can quote the bible but the difference is following the interpretations of the Holy Spirit. Is it not a satanist that is also quoting the bible above? They think its quoting bible here and there to support a false teaching that will make the message true. Characteristics of atheism is at play in their lives but this time around, in disguise.

Joagbaje:

John 3:16-17
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by enilove(m): 11:53pm On Feb 02, 2013
ooman: apparently, you just dont know how cruel the xtian God is!

Do not make a mistake of not accepting Jesus christ into your life.Please ,and I mean please.
Just pray for a sign from God to show you if, realy ,He is the creator of heaven and the earth and whether Jesus Christ is the saviour that can save you or not.
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by jackname: 12:35am On Feb 03, 2013
Segeggs:
[quote author=Joagbaje]

God is not condemning anyone. Condemnation took place by the reason of Adam fall. God gave man another opportunity for salvation through christ . Anyone who reject the

great salvation have himself to blame

[color=#990000] John 3:16-17[/did d bible say dat they'll be alive while burning in the lake of fire?no.it is a second death which is none existence.can u enjoy heavenly bliss while ur loved ones are burning somewhere? by the way,have u burnt ur face in d stove like i told u cos dats d only reason y i can believe u.

Hahahahaha.........gringrin grin grin OP too funny, i don laugh my belly nearly blow off.. grin
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by enilove(m): 12:37am On Feb 03, 2013

If you are living an obedient life ,you do not have to fear whether there is hell or not. It be wise of you if you accept what you have read in the bible,and work your salvation with fear and trembling.
Jesus mentioned about hell many times, about the rich man that went to hell.If hell does not exist ,he would not have mentioned hell.He also told us about not to allow our hands,legs,eyes etc to take us to hell.
In Revelation 20:10"And the devil that deceived them was cast into d lake of fire and brimstone,where d beast and d false prophet are,and shalk be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The Yorubas do say ,"Child of the devil" to any child that behaves ungodly.So a child of the devil will born in hell fire with his father the devil ;and a child of God will be enjoying in heaven with his fatherbGod Almighty.So , God is a loving father as long as you obey him.Do not deceive yourself and do not allow anybody to deceive you that there is no hell.You can not continue in sin and expect God to grant you heaven.If it is not a great purnishment Jesus Christ would not come and die for our sins.Just think of what he went through ,you will know that it will be a great tragedy for anyone who fails to make heaven.

The message that disobedient people want to hear is this type you are posting.
Remember that it is written in 2Timothy 4:3 "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;but after their own lust shall heap to themselves teachers ,having itching ears.verse 4" And they shall turn their ears from the truth.....

Anyone that allows himself to be decieved, thinking that there is no hell,and want to continue in sin without repenting would be cast into the lake of fire with devil and the fake prophets that decieve them.
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by Kay17: 1:35am On Feb 03, 2013
The OP does make lots of sense. If God is Love, then how is that attribute reconciled with Hell. Its like placing your child's head in an oven
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by enilove(m): 5:28am On Feb 03, 2013
Kay 17: The OP does make lots of sense. If God is Love, then how is that attribute reconciled with Hell. Its like placing your child's head in an oven

You are 100% correct. Even earthly fathers do disown there children.When a child is disown,it means the child does not belong to the father any longer and would not share in the fathers properties.The father would repudiate any connection between him and the child.

The same applies to God our heavenly father.After series of preachings , warnings, pleading ,aside from His provisions and grace for the forgiveness of our sins, somebody still refuses to turn away from his sins,God will disown that person.The person does not fit for the kingdom, and would not inherit the kingdom of God.Such a person would inherit the kingdom of the new father ( satan) that adopted him,hell fire ,which is where satan would be forever and all those that follows his ways.

It is better to bargain rightly. Remind yourself that Prov.15:24 says "the way of life is above to the wise that he may depart from hell beneath".
If you think hell does not exist,and it does,what do you think would happen for someone who does not make heaven?But someone that lives his life carefully, and believes that there is hell and makes heaven,but later discovers that there is no hell, is wiser.
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by tintingz(m): 6:42am On Feb 03, 2013
Confused christians. . . . . .am sure the op is a Jehovah withness who reject hell fire of all the warnings about hell fire in the bible. . . . . .calling we humans ''children of God'' does not fit in with God cuz NO Father will want to see or allow his children to dwell in the torment of hell fire. . . . . .it is more fit in to use ''slaves of God'' cuz we(humans) are only God creations and he can do us anything he feels like. . . .just like what a master can do to his slaves smiley
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by Joagbaje(m): 6:36pm On Feb 03, 2013
Kay 17: The OP does make lots of sense. If God is Love, then how is that attribute reconciled with Hell. Its like placing your child's head in an oven

Do you believe in th bible ? Then just take it for what it says . If God says the wicked ill be dammed you don't need to question him by logic
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by Joagbaje(m): 6:51pm On Feb 03, 2013
Segeggs: did d bible say dat they'll be alive while burning in the lake of fire?no.it is a second death which is none existence.can u enjoy heavenly bliss while ur loved ones are burning somewhere?by the way,have u burnt ur face in d stove like i told u cos dats d only reason y i can believe u.

What do you say about this passage

Mark 9:45-47
And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off:it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out:it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 03, 2013
Joagbaje:

What do you say about this passage

Mark 9:45-47
And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off:it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out:it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

One thing I have noted about eternal torment advocates , is that they love ignoring scriptural support for the biblical position while re-quoting already debunked bible passages.

But hey, I am always willing to indulge you guys.

2 things :

1. This was in reference to Gehenna , an allegorical word used to represent the lake of fire which is the destiny of the unsaved after the day of judgement.

2. Jesus Chris quoted directly out of the book of Isaiah 66:24 which goes ;

"And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind."

This is actually referring to dead bodies, I hope you understand, feel free to twist this passage though. wink
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 03, 2013
tintingz: Confused christians. . . . . .am sure the op is a Jehovah withness who reject hell fire of all the warnings about hell fire in the bible. . . . . .calling we humans ''children of God'' does not fit in with God cuz NO Father will want to see or allow his children to dwell in the torment of hell fire. . . . . .it is more fit in to use ''slaves of God'' cuz we(humans) are only God creations and he can do us anything he feels like. . . .just like what a master can do to his slaves smiley

Kindly tell us about your beautiful hell fire story in ISLAM, your Christian and Catholic counterparts will be proud of you smiley
Re: Hell Fire Doctrine Is Not Inspired By God by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 03, 2013
The lovely hell of ISLAM and their message of FEAR cheesy

Enjoy :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txe8pc0T5EI

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? / "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" / Utilisation Of Coincidence By Religious Folks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.