Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,699 members, 7,813,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Blatter Asks For Life Ban On Taylor For Tackle On Eduardo! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Blatter Asks For Life Ban On Taylor For Tackle On Eduardo! (829 Views)

FIFA Lifts Ban On Nigeria / Odemwingie Faces Life-ban From Super Eagles Over Comments / Yobo Sues Complete Sports Paper; Asks For N500m Damages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blatter Asks For Life Ban On Taylor For Tackle On Eduardo! by akinalabi(m): 9:37pm On Mar 07, 2008
Sepp "51 bad ideas out of 50" Blatter has asked for a life
ban on Matin Taylor for his tackle on Eduardo.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/03/07/sfnbla207.xml

Knowing Blatter and his tendencies to talk out of his a*se,
I'm not surprised to hear this.

For heaven's sake, Martin Taylor's tackle was bad. But
since I've been watching football, I've lost count of the
number of times I've seen worse tackles.

Quique Alvarez' tackle on Robben last week in the Spanish
Liga was as bad.

Blatter even recommends legal actions.

How do you determine a players intentions? Taylor had
only been booked 6 times in his whole career so what
motivation could he have had to break Eduardo's leg?

Blatter went on to advocate special treatment for good
players.

"The referees should be aware that if there is a very good
player, they need to protect him"

Special tratment for certain players?

Abeg when is the next FIFA election? I need to contest. grin
Re: Blatter Asks For Life Ban On Taylor For Tackle On Eduardo! by kolsrah(m): 9:52pm On Mar 07, 2008
though,banning taylor would be somehow cruel.but such comment could be altered by anybody that feels the serousness of the injury and how it could have a bad effect on the football career of the young and promising lad.so.Bro Akin dont criticize blatter for altering such statement.if it was any man united player that was involved,you could say more than that
Re: Blatter Asks For Life Ban On Taylor For Tackle On Eduardo! by Chacal: 10:34pm On Mar 07, 2008
@ Akinalabi,

Sepp Blatter is a schmuk!!!!!

I think he's got so much time on his hands to spew trumpery at every given opportunity.
Still cannot understand how that Arrow became FIFA President. . . . .
He is so clueless. . . . . .A Nigerian will do better in the same position.
Re: Blatter Asks For Life Ban On Taylor For Tackle On Eduardo! by tosinadeda: 11:17pm On Mar 07, 2008
Chacal once arsenal is involved,u talk 4rm ur arse!
Re: Blatter Asks For Life Ban On Taylor For Tackle On Eduardo! by Radiant(f): 2:39am On Mar 08, 2008
Life ban? Not sure about that but the injury was one of a kind. Can't think of any actions against the offender though. It's football, isn't it?
Re: Blatter Asks For Life Ban On Taylor For Tackle On Eduardo! by Chacal: 3:33am On Mar 08, 2008
tosinadeda:

Chacal once arsenal is involved,u talk from your arse!

You are a complete doofus!!!!

Eduardo is not the first player that suffered from this horrific schitzo. . .
Players get chopped down every now and then and Arsenal players are not saints when it comes to playing dirty.
Blatter is a Arrow for even saying Martin Taylor should be banned for life. . . He should keep his honkey nose outta England.
Re: Blatter Asks For Life Ban On Taylor For Tackle On Eduardo! by tosinadeda: 6:35am On Mar 08, 2008
D law had to be made one time or the other,cos tackes were getn worse by d day. And it hapnd to be during dudu's own dat its about to start! U got a prob with dat?
I dnt understand y u guys kp sayn is dudu d first! Is he going to be d last? The ans is def a no,so y not curb this whole shit and lets play good football.
By d way i dnt see y banning a player who ends another players career is bad
Re: Blatter Asks For Life Ban On Taylor For Tackle On Eduardo! by nightrider: 10:57am On Mar 08, 2008
[/b]i strongly believe that players whose tackles cause injury to opponents, [b]

[/b]should me ,ade to stay out for the period the injured player takes to heal[b]

That means taylor suspended till eduardo gets back.

Thats my law. it will stop hideous tackles. why should taylor get 3 match ban
and eduardo nine months out.
Re: Blatter Asks For Life Ban On Taylor For Tackle On Eduardo! by whatnext: 11:53am On Mar 08, 2008
Nice proposal, nightrider. But while one will physically, psychologically be in pain for the period, the other won't.

I kinda support tougher punishments for such offenders.

The problem in Blatter's proposal is that, how will you determine the intent in the tackle? Perhaps the extent of the victim's injury should be used to determine the punishment the offender will face.
Re: Blatter Asks For Life Ban On Taylor For Tackle On Eduardo! by A40(m): 3:56pm On Mar 08, 2008
That is the smartest thing that has come out of his lips since he became fifa president
Re: Blatter Asks For Life Ban On Taylor For Tackle On Eduardo! by akinalabi(m): 7:50pm On Mar 08, 2008
If that is the smartest thing he has said, then it goes a long
way to show the kind of man he is.

whatnext:

The problem in Blatter's proposal is that, how will you determine the intent in the tackle?

That is the problem and I can't understand why that is
beyond Blatter.

Okay. Assuming a player nudges another player on the
shoulder and the latter goes down and sprains his ankle,
the offender should be banned for as long as the injured
player is out?

Here is a classic example.

At Stamford bridge in 2006, Carvalho fouled Wayne Rooney
and it wasn't even seen as cardable offence.

He can claim it was unintentional. We would have believed
him. Rooney was out for weeks and wasn't fit enough for
the world cup.

Are we saying Carvalho should have been suspended for
the period Wayne was out?

The grotesque idea of using the extent of a victim's injury
to determine punishments meted out is not only silly but
unpracticable.
Re: Blatter Asks For Life Ban On Taylor For Tackle On Eduardo! by tkb417(m): 8:32am On Mar 10, 2008
i think that Blatter guy is suffering from some unknown ailment

where was he when Aldo Dusher nearly killed My man, where was he when Anderson was nearly killed while at Porto. . .these things happen everytime in football and for him to come out and spew fuckery as usual , i think he should be impeached sad sad
Re: Blatter Asks For Life Ban On Taylor For Tackle On Eduardo! by dayokanu(m): 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2008
Football is a contact game not snooker. Once in a while you get the boot.

(1) (Reply)

Should Samson Siasia Be Sacked / Prime F.c Of Osogbo (new Pride Of The West) Fans Thread / World Cup Qualifier (africa) Under Or Over 2.5 Goals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.