Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up (9066 Views)

Why Nigerian Music Videos Cost So Much / Whatever Happened To Music Groups? / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by GeJ79: 10:56am On Feb 04, 2013
binger: Why Nigerian music groups break-up...Greed and Desire to go ''beyond borders''.

LOL @ GO BEYOND BORDERS........CNN
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by vanstanzy(m): 11:05am On Feb 04, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]Hmm...

I will not agree that it is because of greed.

So a Young man walking the streets with a demo CD in his pocket looking for someone to give him or her a shot is spotted by a music promoter who sees talent in this person and then brings him on boad his record label. Because these young artists are too desparate, illiterate and naive, these experienced Promoters give them a rather lopsided contract that can only best be described as a Monkey go work, Baboon go chop contract. Now for a young Artist with next to nothing in his or her pocket, the slight doubt that he/she may never make it in the music business, they are more than happy to jump at any opportuuinity even a bad one. Example remains Mr. Tuface Idibias Saga and the Plantashun Boys.

When Plantashun Boys started out way back in the 90's, I am sure those boys barely made any reasonable amount of money from their first Album which was nothing short of a hit. These boys have told stories of how they barely were able to feed back then.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-Jzw86bpa7-s/UNWD9U542vI/AAAAAAAACrw/DlfA0XQqKm4/s1600/Black+Face.jpg[/img]

The Duo of Keke and D1 spotted the main talent in the group, saw that he was also very naive and exploited it. They made Tuface an offer that as at that period in his life must have looked like heaven & earth ona platter. All he had to do was leave his group and go solo, then sign his life away to Kennis Music. He jumped at the opportunity and voila!!! the Tuface we all know today was born. He dropped the 'GRASS TO GRACE' album which as far as I am concerned was a multi-platinum selling album, won a shiitload of awards both home and abroad and his profile grew. As his profile grew, so did his knowledge of the inner workings of the music industry and that was when the scale fell off his eyes that he had signed away his life to Kennis Music. We all remember the fight to break free from that bond. Seeing where Tuface is today in his career, will you still call his move one borne out of greed or WISDOM?!

I say wisdom. REASON: If Tuface were still with his band (Plantshun Boys), he would not have been the big artist that he is today, If Tuface hadnt taken up that contract with Kennis Music, he would not have been exposed to a higher level of the music industry. If Tuface hadnt left Kennis Music, he would still have been a slave working and enriching his greedy record label. Its a win-win situation.

I hope that Wizkids move isnt premature.. However, if he stays under a record label that he isnt happy with, it would affect his music creativity, when that is affected, he would lose fans, losing fans means that he isnt bringing money into his record label anymore and then they will dump him.. By then, it would be too late for him. EME music has given him a launch pad, its time to build on the momentum he has gained.

In the end, this is all business, not personal.. [/b]

For a moment, i tot the thing standing next to Blackface was a scare-crow, grin grin grin grin grin i had to look closer and read other peoples comment to be guided aright. grin grin See wetin poverty and hunger dey do grin grin GOD PUNISH SATAN! I REBUKE POVERTY FROM UR LIFE, AMEN! grin grin grin

Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by nlofficial(m): 11:15am On Feb 04, 2013
Some of you here just talk like learners. I'm sure WizKid must have asked for 'Contract Revision' which Banky W didn't agree or turned deaf ears to.
We are all human beings! And this is how it will always be. I myself have put myself in WizKid's shoes. I would have done the same if I were him.
He has gotten the fame and realized it's no longer about fame, he needs money now.

At first, you will be after fame, and after fame, it's about the money. Banky should have known this and even without WizKid calling for revision of the contract, he should have been the one to do it. If you're serving under a person, there is a time when you will receive freedom. You don't work under your boss for life.

This is not strange, it is part of human. Banky W has nurtured him and at the same time, he has made much profit through him.

Change is constant!

I wish them both success as they move on!
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by EzePromoe: 11:15am On Feb 04, 2013
Break away is the best option for any Nigerian artiste that wants to be a bigger star. Imagine where 2face would still be if he's still singing with the likes of Jaywon, Minjin and others in Kennis music, even if he's older than them in the industry. What is happening to Eedris Abdukareem now, his career is dead. You don't hear him again but I still suggest Wizkid to stay with E.M.E for some more time before finally breaking away from them in other to progress more. He's still young an his experience is still in its infancy.
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by born2boink(m): 11:18am On Feb 04, 2013
As long as I don put song inside memory card and listening to it, dancing kukere,azonto and alingo, record label no concern me, if you like break up 100 times, if I mistakenly download yeye musics like that of tonto dikeh, my delete button never commot from my blackberry old model

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by seunny4lif(m): 11:54am On Feb 04, 2013
wasiudvd: So because Barca made Messi what he is, the club management should see his request for contract re-negociation (pay rise) as greed.
Most Nigeria record labels r just unprofessional.
Guy,i try for them ooo,Becos henry,paul scholes and xavi were brought up by their clubs,make dem no increases their pays again....Nonsense...Dr Dre intros the game and snoop dogg but they left him and dem dey shine after....
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by sewen2000(m): 11:56am On Feb 04, 2013
*just passing by* heey bros I see you,how market naaa
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by vislabraye(m): 12:00pm On Feb 04, 2013
Black Peni5:

If you were teaching in a school who provided you with your first employment, accomodation and with a salary of N20k.

Then suddenly, Mobil offers you a job, tell me you will be loyal to your school principal or perhaps you will be greedy.

Its common sense....

Don't mind them jare. Its easier to judge when you're at the other side.
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by dotcomnamename: 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2013
Black Peni5:

If you were teaching in a school who provided you with your first employment, accomodation and with a salary of N20k.

Then suddenly, Mobil offers you a job, tell me you will be loyal to your school principal or perhaps you will be greedy.

Its common sense....

I don't get you..
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by dotcomnamename: 12:29pm On Feb 04, 2013
[size=20pt]You people just dey judge what u don't have a clue about. Do you know the agreement he signed with E.M.E 'Banky W'[/size] ?? undecided
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 04, 2013
Monkey dey work,baboon dey chop.

Dbanj dey work,don jazzy dey chop.
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by ayobase(m): 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2013
And to also point out.....how won't styl-plus, infinity, plantashun boiz, remedies break up when a group of 3-4 gets what a single artist gest for the same show!

Wizkid gets 1M for a show, and a group gets 1M for the same show also....consider the sharing!
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by buJu234: 2:08pm On Feb 04, 2013
I think its better for any new artist to take his time to look for a contract lawyer (weather charge & bail type) to go through the contract terms b4 he or she signs.

Also; to any artist plz dont allow the flashing cars & those small small cash that ur record label give u to make u remain there for a longer time than necessary and make u waste ur life ooo. because most times u may jst have 1 major hit that will sell millions copies in ur entire career; if u dont wake up on time; u may end up wasting a golden opportunity.
Also note if u re no longer profitable; the record company will get u out without pension nor retirement benefit .... so b wise.
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by lachill(m): 2:24pm On Feb 04, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: [size=20pt]You people just dey judge what u don't have a clue about. Do you know the agreement he signed with E.M.E 'Banky W'[/size] ?? undecided
Banky's p.a, give us clue!!!!
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by blackbeau1(f): 2:24pm On Feb 04, 2013
Simply put,Greed is @ the heart of most Nigerian musical group break up.still miss the trio of Styl plus and d MO-HITS group
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 04, 2013
Nigerian record labels are very unprofessional. A business savvy record label has to have the initiative of renegotiating contract terms for an artiste that has delivered. Wizkid was right to have requested contract renegotiation since his talent essentially bankrolls EME. I like the analogy someone used in comparing artistes to soccer players.

For example, even though Barca provided the platform that shot Messi to global stardom, they cannot keep paying him according to the terms of his first contract when he was a teenager. It is patently unfair and a poor business decision. This is exactly what Banky W has done to Wizkid. Especially when Messi (Wizkid)has delivered success and profits for Barca (EME).

There HAS TO BE contract renegotiation that will reflect the contributions of the star involved.Or else he will take his talents elsewhere.It has nothing to do with greed or biting the hands that fed him. It is business sense! Compare what C. Ronaldo or a singer like Adele made when they first started as professionals to what they command now! Banky W should have renegotiated Wizkid's contract to reflect EME's near total dependence on Wizkid for revenue and profits. EME will be going down due to Banky's management blunder.
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by tuskid: 2:58pm On Feb 04, 2013
NAIJA STREET FREESTYLE the long await unique TV show program design to find young talent on the street and bring them to stardom proudly presents “KILL DA BEATZ”.

KILL DA BEATZ is a unique dynamic program never done before for the very first time premier only on naijamusic where our finest music producers produce tones of beats to allow artist freestyle on it in the street and kill the beat in front of the crowd/audience in the street. We allow the crowds/audience to be the judge leaving no room for partiality but transparency as we take the winner from street to stardom.

See how KILL DA BEATZ works.

THE FIRST STEPS our finest producers makes tons of free beats not long than 2 Minute and the artist go with the beat to rehash with it before the show comes up. In KILL DA BEATZ we are only allowing/accepting 400 (Four Hundred) contestants while we group them into 8 groups (GROUP 1, GROUP 2, GROUP 3, GROUP 4, GROUP 5, GROUP 6, GROUP 7, GROUP cool .

As soon as we’ve gotten all the groups set and the contestants are up to 400 we kick start the program and notify all the contestants immediately when the program will kick off.
KILL DA BEATZ will last for 3months none stopping; the show will be done every Saturday for four times in a month per group in a week.
In each groups only 5 (Five) Contestants will be elected/selected from the street/crowd polls on that day while they wait until we get other 5 contestants from each groups and after that we then bring each 5 contestants from each groups (8 groups) together making a total of 40 contestants in roll who made it from street to studio which is the next level. 2 contestants will pair and face the crowd while crowd judge the winner, after which we then batch 5 contestant and they kill another beat which we will not reveal to them only on the stage and on each batch of 5 contestants only 1 contestant will make it out.

THE SECOND STEPS is in the studio in front of celebrities who is the judges while another beats will be giving to the 40 contestants to rehash and perform in front of the judges. 1st week is a warning, correction to the entire 40 contestant no eviction until the second week while the judges judge them according to their performance. NOTE: you can be judge base on your dressing, swag, composure, confidents, smartness, voice, and altitude and so on, so we suggest you put your best in to attain the lucky winner.
The judges will select/pass only 5 contestants from the 40 contestants to the final stage which is to the RECORDING MUSIC STUDIO where you will have the opportunity to be trained assist and make sure you worked and produce a full length of a track for all the 5 lucky contestants.

THE THIRD STEPS is where the 5 lucky contestants make in to the recording music studio to finally record a full track of the beats and make it a hit with support via training, grooming and making them prepare for the final result.  After all the 5 contestant have produced their recorded fully mixed & mastered songs we will play it  on RADIO, TV, INTERNET for votes across the nation and international which will then emerge the winner through the votes of all audience and callers.

FINALLY we then call the 1st winner 2nd winner & 3rd winner and present them with the street credibility award, with their prices. NOTE Most TV, RADIO & Magazine will cover this show Â

to get your form call : 08103432838

Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 04, 2013
[size=48pt] Olamide one Man Mopol, [/size] [size=48pt] No Record Label. [/size] [size=48pt] if your boss aint making you happy. One word. "Walk away" [/size]

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by stynoski: 3:11pm On Feb 04, 2013
First of all Mr. Moderator or whoever the 'bleep' captioned this write-up! It is not a Nigerian problem. It happens everywhere in the world. Do you remember SPICE GIRLS, OUTKAST, FUGEES, DESTINY'S CHILD, JODECI, Nonse**! Yes on some parts the artists are greedy! But on some other parts, the record labels are plain criminals too! Everybody wants to grow and if growth means you have to leave your comfort zone and break away, so be it!
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by ifeomabernard(f): 3:53pm On Feb 04, 2013
Ishilove:
Kai, see Tuface o! Na so so head head I dey see for hin body. God punish hunger. Thank God for his life today.

Where on earth is Blacface? Dat boy no get star at all. undecided
dats what breakup cause its good for one not for all.
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by Tritte(m): 4:25pm On Feb 04, 2013
5alive: me self want to break up now
na ur own cup of tea be dat,who sabi u.......
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by brixton: 4:29pm On Feb 04, 2013
[quote author=dotcom_na_me_na_me][size=20pt]Wizkid is the main problem. He is an ignorant and proud a lot. Who made him to this level of today? Why must you listen to friends and family simply because you're now whooping millions. After all it is Banky W who built and trained him to this level. Why must you bite the hand that feed you? Who recognize WIZKID before if not Banky W?

Thats why i hate most of them, once they carry them climb and eat beleful, dem go begin dey form...

Who recognize BANKY W if not for Rihanna?
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by ucnduka(f): 5:13pm On Feb 04, 2013
E.M.E go feel dis break up...their major money maker don waka
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by eleshin(m): 8:53pm On Feb 04, 2013
2face recorded two albums wt pboiz, two with kennis before d birth of hypertek.
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by ochallo: 10:03pm On Feb 04, 2013
The Black man has never been a good boss, Nobody should take 60% from an artiste that is barbaric and shameful.
management takes 10-15% for all shows and endorsements.
For songs and album sales, songwriters,30% producers/Record label 40% and artist-30%
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by Mcleo007(m): 10:18pm On Feb 04, 2013
@op, it bouys down to same reason why contract agreements in NIGERIA don't work out. By basic standard, all contracts should have a clause attached. The clause gives in for amendment in event of unforseen or expected outcomes.
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by Clazzik: 7:42am On Feb 05, 2013
Its all abt d money.... Devil @ work
Re: Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up by naijawhist: 7:32am On Feb 06, 2013
The comments are really funny. But I'm glad the way it has made you feel. More great posts comming.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Young Thug - Now Ft. 21 Savage MP3 DOWNLOAD / *~ Mikuz Voted Music/Radio Section Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! / Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.