Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage (16304 Views)

World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit / We Must Discuss Nigeria Federation Structure - Gov Mimiko / Can We Please Discuss Nigeria's National Anthem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by OmerianConsult: 3:41pm On Feb 03, 2013
What can they do to it? Perhapa they can surreptitiously help topple PDP and instal Buhari. US has done that in several countries.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Symphony007: 3:44pm On Feb 03, 2013
Gbawe:

You don't get it. They can talk because of the abysmal failures of Nigerian leaders. Show me a Police college in the UK, US, France or even South Africa that looks as bad as the pictures that emerged recently in Nigeria. Will those pictures not prompt even the most liberal non-Nigerian to lash out at the corruption and profligacy that leaves such a pivotally important national security agency (the NPF) so starved of funds?

We should start learning to get real in Nigeria to understand charity begins at home. If someone tells you that you smell, why should you be angry with him for having a functional nose? Why not go and take a bath? Will that not shut him up faster than crafting all manners of inane arguments over how he should have ignored your stench?
who ever said we did'nt have problems? We have monumental problems that need an all hands on deck approach by all nigerians to solve...every country has problems, south africa that you spoke of with all his wealth has the highest hiv rate worldwide, checkout the raw poverty that sits in "soweto", russia a member of that G8 is extremely corupt and has more oil than nigeria why are'nt they being asked how their money is spent? Some weeks ago the bbc carried out an experimen on the most traffic congested cities in the world, lagos toped moscow!!..yes, we have problems but we as a people, a nation has to solve them just like china did and today it is sending shock waves around the world, because once again this western nations don't have friends but interest, THEY CAN'T HELP US, WE MUST HELP OURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by 1k001(m): 3:45pm On Feb 03, 2013
I share the thoughts of many that agree with cameron's assessment of our curent state and hope that the G8 is able to pressurise our ruling class to be more transparent.

Those that feel the G8 has ulterior motives or no right to meddle should consider the following popular sayings:

You never throw away the baby with the bath water and even a dead clock tells the correct time twice a day.

Sometimes an end is more important than the means!
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by mascot87(m): 3:49pm On Feb 03, 2013
Thank God we still have responsible thinker in nairaland like Ryabcool,omo_tier 1, Gbawe, our yansh grin, Dhebuck, mdbabah, onyenna, naptu2 and d likes of other reasonable thinkers in nairaland. With people like you and me,Nigeria has hope for a better future
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by UnimkeAk(m): 3:49pm On Feb 03, 2013
Our Yansh:

Jealousy!!!

Kill yourself if you like Mr. Gbawe is one of the most cerebral posters in the Politics Section..

... ‎​Άnd you my friend are a NONENTITY!!

cheesy

[/b]Really, Really, RealLy Yansh Really !!!!!!.
Aren't you supposed to be Farting or passing stool??[b]

1 Like

Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Maxymilliano(m): 3:52pm On Feb 03, 2013
Kudos to 0A4MJ again, at least this topic make the front page, making it three topics demanding probity from the government of the day

G8 has every right to discuss Nigeria's controversial oil wealth. In Project Management Practice, they are referred to as 'stakeholders' but while at it, did they bother to heed the recent call by Jonathan to the Western countries to call for a boycott of stolen crude oil from Nigeria and other oil producing less developed countries?

For the government to come out to make such pronunciation potray the international dimensions which the illicit trade just like the 'Blood diamonds' which was overtly supported by some of the Western government.

How come US/Canada/Russian/Polish and Belarussian governments intervened diplomatically in the case of their citizens caught on Nigerian waters with stolen crude oil?

I'll keep my hands crossed on the subject matter till I know the true intentions of the Western imperialist...
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by tolulope407: 3:56pm On Feb 03, 2013
Ryabcool: Will all of you shut the hell up?! Can any of you dumbheads falsify their claims? What David Cameron said about squandering, is he WRONG? Yes or No! All of you are stuuuupid stuuupid people who evidently do not want betterment of yourselves and your environment. All you feed on is sentiments and utter display of stupidity. Ask yourselves; if Nigeria was on the right path, would these foreigners be saying these things? Good God these stuuuuupid nairaland people have pissed me off this morning.

i appreciate ur most valuable comment. Dose guys r useless, in tots and speech.

A saddening issue it is, dt our leaders and influential powerful people r consumin us in ds countries, yet mumu people stil dey nairaland to soport dem.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 03, 2013
Ryabcool: Will all of you shut the hell up?! Can any of you dumbheads falsify their claims? What David Cameron said about squandering, is he WRONG? Yes or No! All of you are stuuuupid stuuupid people who evidently do not want betterment of yourselves and your environment. All you feed on is sentiments and utter display of stupidity. Ask yourselves; if Nigeria was on the right path, would these foreigners be saying these things? Good God these stuuuuupid nairaland people have pissed me off this morning.

GOD BLESS U SIR.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by adexsimply(m): 4:14pm On Feb 03, 2013
100 billion dolls on petroleum exportation? GOSH!
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Esiere: 4:23pm On Feb 03, 2013
Good one from the G8. It is better to fight corrupt african governments (not just discuss them)instead of fighting regime change. This scale of corruption in Nigeria if not checked will eventually lead to war. I am not a prophet of doom but any right thinking person will see that most African countries where wars are being fought started with corruption and bad governance

1 Like

Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 03, 2013
Symphony007: who ever said we did'nt have problems? We have monumental problems that need an all hands on deck approach by all nigerians to solve...every country has problems, south africa that you spoke of with all his wealth has the highest hiv rate worldwide, checkout the raw poverty that sits in "soweto", russia a member of that G8 is extremely corupt and has more oil than nigeria why are'nt they being asked how their money is spent? Some weeks ago the bbc carried out an experimen on the most traffic congested cities in the world, lagos toped moscow!!..yes, we have problems but we as a people, a nation has to solve them just like china did and today it is sending shock waves around the world, because once again this western nations don't have friends but interest, THEY CAN'T HELP US, WE MUST HELP OURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!

ERRRRR....I THINK THEY ARE TIRED OF WAITING 4 US 2 HELP OURSELVES
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by rumomonga(m): 4:40pm On Feb 03, 2013
Ijogz K: Is it their Money or Oil? Abeg free us jor,

Are we complaining?
You need an urgent medical check-up sir

1 Like

Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by skyfall: 5:10pm On Feb 03, 2013
Goddex: This racist Cameron guy is up to something - perhaps to cut aid to Africa.

Even with your little mind, do you think Africa needs aid, considering it has more natural resources and a better climate than any other continent? You and anybody who thinks like you have no shame. SMH for you.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by skyfall: 5:14pm On Feb 03, 2013
olas2u:

Nigeria is an independent state and nobody needs to ask any questions expect Nigerians themselves.its interference.

Do you know the no of Nigerian economic refugees who run to these countries annually? Still think Nigeria is an independent state?
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by TotoLicker: 5:39pm On Feb 03, 2013
mascot87: Thank God we still have responsible thinker in nairaland like Ryabcool,omo_tier 1, Gbawe, our yansh grin, Dhebuck, mdbabah, onyenna, naptu2 and d likes of other reasonable thinkers in nairaland. With people like you and me,Nigeria has hope for a better future
All those people above who you so eloquently praised would sing a different tune when the next president emerge from their region. Some of those people would die to see Tinubu as president not withstanding the fact he holds the record for looting as a governor. Tribalism is our biggest headache.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by manosteel(m): 6:17pm On Feb 03, 2013
Nigeria is a sovereign democratic Nation, and has the right to defend herself against any external aggression, telling her why she must manage the billions generated from her God given resources.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 03, 2013
skyfall:

Do you know the no of Nigerian economic refugees who run to these countries annually? Still think Nigeria is an independent state?

The Asians also migrate abroad and that did not stop there economies.China benefited from diaspora Chinese who went back home.They also need immigrants that could had value to them as well.The other reason maybe as a result of the structures that were kept after independence.western trained people were preferred by both private and the public sector,till today you can see that effect,so people started to look up to those places for education and some never came back.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by TRUTHTELA: 6:35pm On Feb 03, 2013
Only a slowpoke will take a British Prime Minister serious. Who created this MESS? Who created the IMBALANCE in the Nigerian system?? Who thought some regions how to INFLATE census figures? Britain, has been home for military rogues that LOOTED the oil wealth. These rogues pay TAXES to the British system. If Cameron, is not a HYPOCRITE, he should go after Nigeria's oil wealth that littered the streets of Britain. The Scotland Yard, FBI, they know where the Nigeria's oil wealth is, they don't need to discuss it in G8, it doesn't worth an agenda, cos, at the end of the meeting, WHAT CAN THEY DO? NOTHING! Are they going to ask FBI, to arrest and prosecute JonaDUNCE, or any LegisLOOTERS, Goverogues and ministers that touch down in their country? No. It's all for the NEWS HEADLINE!!!

An example of how Nigeria's oil wealth is been stolen. When it's time to bid for oil blocks, Cameron and other G8 leaders will put a call through to Aso rock, asking for a BACK DOOR favor on behalf of BP, EXXON-MOBIL, AGIP, GAZPROM, etc, and whichever rogue Nigeria have as president will agree to their demands and his only response will be, " ASK THE CEO, TO COME AND SEE ME, BEFORE THE CEO, DEPARTS HIS COUNTRY, HIS COUNTRIES AMBASSADOR, WILL TELL HIM TO COME WITH HIS CHEQUE BOOK, COS THE PRESIDENT'S PALM WILL BE GREASED. After that, the "PLUNDERING" of the oil wealth begins.

I will not be surprise if Nigerians believed that the G8 countries cares about Nigeria. The same way they care about Nigeria, it's the same way Obasanjo & IBB care about Nigeria. FYI, the STUPIDITY & KLEPTOMANIA of Nigeria rulers benefits them. For all I care, Britain, have an AGENDA they want to force on JONADUNCE, hence, there's need to shake him.

1 Like

Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by micath09(m): 6:37pm On Feb 03, 2013
It is no doubt that the quality of a nation, is dependent on the quality of its people. Most Nigerians are morally obtuse in their reasoning. And until this is changed, I doubt there can be a meaningful change. Can't we reason for goodness sake? With some of the immature comments on this thread, I doubt if the future would be anything better for Nigeria. I suggest the moderator should be sifting through some daft and illogical comments for deletion. How insane should a sane person drum and dances to the oblique evil state of our nation. Just four years today, I left Nigeria with $85 to U.S in a nation I had nobody; not even a friend. But today, I had cause to thank God. The same nations some retards out here condemn, gave me an opportunity to serve in their Armed forces without nobody's connection, but solely on merit. Now working at the State department and preparing for my LSAT when I can barely survived back then. My fear is that Nigeria will remain this way, unless there's a shift from mental foolishness, to logical reasoning, and holding these parasite leaders accountable.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 03, 2013
micath09: It is no doubt that the quality of a nation, is dependent on the quality of its people. Most Nigerians are morally obtuse in their reasoning. And until this is changed, I doubt there can be a meaningful change. Can't we reason for goodness sake? With some of the immature comments on this thread, I doubt if the future would be anything better for Nigeria. I suggest the moderator should be sifting through some daft and illogical comments for deletion. How insane should a sane person drum and dances to the oblique evil state of our nation. Just four years today, I left Nigeria with $85 to U.S in a nation I had nobody; not even a friend. But today, I had cause to thank God. The same nations some retards out here condemn, gave me an opportunity to serve in their Armed forces without nobody's connection, but solely on merit. Now working at the State department and preparing for my LSAT when I can barely survived back then. My fear is that Nigeria will remain this way, unless there's a shift from mental foolishness.

You are self centered and you think of benefits to your immediate self and not society.some people built that place.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by TRUTHTELA: 6:59pm On Feb 03, 2013
Gbawe:

Keep seeing 'Agenda' and keep portraying yourself and your nation as victims. That will surely prevent you from ever acquiring the confidence, vision and self-assuredness to understand that you can buck the trend and hold your own against others or even control their will. Some of us achieve it in the diaspora that is meant to be a place we should fail in given how people like you talk. What is then the excuse of Nigeria controlled by Nigerians?

Look, the notion others "mean us harm" is so yesterday. Today's world is about brave self-determination and the usage of the concept that every Nation must position itself well to win rather than be the lackey of others. No free lunch anywhere geezer. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and square up to those you claim work against your progress. They don't have two heads or two brains and they don't do anything to you that you do not allow. It is sad we Africans still have the mentality to always portray ourselves as victims every time and in relation to every issue. Charity begins at home.

Hey, it will be good for u to read with an OBJECTIVE and OPEN mind. I don't give a F#@$ about Nigeria's oil wealth & its usage.The madness going on there is not affecting me and it will not. If you are well INFORMED about the GROUNDWORK and HISTORY of Nigeria, you'll understand my point and how the MESS going on in Nigeria was INSTITUTIONALIZED and when something is been INSTITUTIONALIZED it takes a huge bloody revolution to take out the STATUS QUO. The G8 countries they didn't get it RIGHT overnight, their fore-fathers INSTITUTIONALIZED accountability, transparency, integrity, rule of law, etc and their successors do not have a choice than to built on what others started. IBB, can only build on what others built before him. Abacha, built where IBB, stopped and what did Obj do? he continued with the status quo. What can JonaDUNCE & Yar'adua do? they'll build on the culture they inherited. GOVERNANCE is no child's play and INTERNATIONAL politics is a dirty game. The G8 will "DISCUSS Nigeria's oil wealth wastage". Dude, they want to "DISCUSS", after the DISCUSSION what next? NOTHING and NOTHING. Are they going to tell INTERPOL to come and arrest Nigeria's politicians? There's no international law or organization whose JURISDICTION and MANDATE is to investigate "oil wealth wastage in countries". Again, For all I care they just want to make HEADLINES for International media. In six months time, I will ask you what ACTIONS have they taken in this regard. Remember, Hilary Clinton, came to Abuja and subtly call your rulers criminals that are busy wasting the resources and talents in Nigeria. It's not their responsibility to FIX or DEVELOP Nigeria, but,NIGERIA IS WHAT THEY WANT IT TO BE! BELIEVE IT OR NOT.

3 Likes

Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by chrisdstar: 7:24pm On Feb 03, 2013
Y are we Nigerians so scared of the whites even when we hate ourselves more?let me say this,if we didnt gain independence as early as 1960,we wud hav been far better than we are now,check out SA for instance,are they more blessed with natural resources than we are?but they are far ahead of us,any Nigerian against this move by the G8 is corrupt and somehow is involved in Naija's backwardness.this is a good move in d right direction,Nigeria really need help.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by mo10(m): 7:34pm On Feb 03, 2013
Can't believe we have some foolish people expressing their foolishness for the world to see. I was going to say we need the Nigerian youths to act fast and deliver us from these rootless leaders and some of them are there saying rubbish on line. Isn't it funny how those that are against the G8 can't come up with a well constructed english sentence. 'Does it concine them how we manage/spend our oil Money.' Or the other statement. ' Where were them when IBB openly stole 12 billion dollars?'. I beg your pardon? How can dumb asses like this make a reasonable comment about the leadership of Nigeria? I think they need to go back to school and learn how to read and write 1st before making comments on good governance. We need smart and intelligent people. PLEASE for goodness sake, Nigerian youths (with love and passion for good governance in Nigeria), we need you to STAND up and do the right thing. If we generate close to a hundred billion dollars from oil only, what of other sector? Yet the health system is crappy, the education sector is nothing to write home about, and still all these foolish leaders send their children to study abroad when they ruined the education system already. We have a long way to go if we don't wake up, there is no hope for our children and even the adult in later years. Dele Momodu said something like the amount Jonathan spent on campaign during the last election is almost the same as that of the cost of building the '7star' hotel in Dubai. Please I didn't quote Dele, jst a summary. Yet some people still say we have a leader? Can't we just wake up and act fast? The National anthem 1st and 2nd stanza MUST be adhered to, so also is the national pledge. Good evening to you all....
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by jpphilips(m): 7:49pm On Feb 03, 2013
Lilnikee: Does it concine them how we manage/spend our oil Money.

young man it does, let me suppose you are a sadist or perhaps a direct beneficiary of the said malfeasance,

do you know how much this country receives in aids and grants from these same people you think its not their business?

take this as an example, how can USAID give Nigeria $2b to fight malaria, yet Nigeria makes $2b in less than a week in oil sales alone.

what this great minds are trying to say is this;

they need a strategy of accountability for developing economies who still have viable sources of income, because if that is achieved they will spend less in giving them aids and grants.

the western world want to save their money and they know they can achieve that by helping developing economies fight corruption.

it is sardonic that the average Nigerian does not really understand how much they have lost in the hands of corruption, needless to point that bigotry and other social ills have blinded them completely from the obvious truth.

Now i don't want the G8 to stop there,

i want a situation where all the world creditors will blacklist Nigeria from accessing international grants and loans, This ban will be gradually lifted as soon as a responsible government is accountable as to how he spends his own money.

you cant ask the white man to help you with money when you use yours to dance "Azonto" in the market square, it is ridiculous and the G8 is now ready to deal with it.

the sour end of that road is that we pile up so much debt that even generations unborn cannot offset them. imagine where your debt is bigger than your so called foreign reserve, that is why our economy is not progressive.

Obasanjo paid off the paris club debt with $12b in raw cash, now imagine what that whooping sum could have achieved in this economy. the Govt that succeeded obasanjo did not wait 6 months to incur 2 times the Paris club debt, can you imagine that?

on a lighter note, please G8 as a personal favor to me, launch a covert operation that will disintegrate the PDP just like the soviet USSR, that will significantly reduce the level of corruption in Nigeria,

for the biggest political party in Africa to dip hands in a country's foreign reserve to pursue an election agenda, is not just a slap to the Nigerian people but also an affront to our sensibilities.
surely, Nigeria has a lot of economic terrorists and the United Nations security council should as matter of urgency invoke a near PATRIOT ACT for the annihilation of these goons that lead Nigeria

so help me God
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 03, 2013
No!!! G8 and all these fuckinnng egotistical Europeans organizations giving condescending advices to Nigeria. Advice the Nigerian people to fight for their rights in Nigeria not hold talks on what action will be taken.. Nigeria is a sovereign nation and her survival as a nation should depend solely on her citizens not international help..

I'm tired of all these condescending Europeans mehn... UN needs chaos to stay relevant. Without chaos, no nation will need UN for shiit...

I hate when Europeans sit to discuss how to control situations out of their local... It is sickening to see that Europe till today still believe they need to keep guiding Africa through their misguided alien systems..

Europe isn't any better in any way.. Everything in Europe is a ruse, facade, fake and controlled.. But "west" like to push the us vs them mentality which forces them to compare the worst part of others to their best. Fucking bullies..

Nigerians, is this what we are reduced to? Really? Europeans don't know how to organize a free society... They have no experience in that. Their societies never ever been free. It is all illusions over here...

America talks about freedom yet has the most prisoners in proportion to population world wide.. No nation has imprisoned her citizens more than America. Yet free?

America is free yet Rick Ross's video displaying the ghetto Ajegunle side of America was banned?

Let's stop having these people treat us like babies. They don't know anything about societal organization that we don't already know.. We are just not putting our knowledge to practice.. Weren't Europeans the ones who introduce Eugenics to their social system? Was it Africans? These people are barbaric but they stealthily go about their barbarian ways... They have nothing on us. If we ain't equal, they ain't better than us in any sense..

Nigerians must fight for Nigeria and free her from corrupt politicians and insensitive politicians...

2 Likes

Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by EagleNest(m): 8:11pm On Feb 03, 2013
Because we can't think some people are thinking for us.Yet some people have the
Because our voices are inconsequential to the King in Aso Rock but people like Bill Gate, Obama, Cameron etc voices cannot be trashed
Because we have sort of resigned to our fate, nevertheless there are people that believes that there is HOPE.
For me, anything good whether internal or external is welcomed as far as it is geared towards turning Nigeria around for GOOD.
Shall we continue in this sin of impunity and recklessness because we have such massive grace of patience, resilient & hope by the peoples?
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 03, 2013
EagleNest: Because we can't think some people are thinking for us.Yet some people have the
Because our voices are inconsequential to the King in Aso Rock but people like Bill Gate, Obama, Cameron etc voices cannot be trashed
Because we have sort of resigned to our fate, nevertheless there are people that believes that there is HOPE.
For me, anything good whether internal or external is welcomed as far as it is geared towards turning Nigeria around for GOOD.
Shall we continue in this sin of impunity and recklessness because we have such massive grace of patience, resilient & hope by the peoples?

My guy bone talk... If Europeans aren't hypocrites, they'll let Africans control their resources, they won't support a military dictatorship in another nation while going grenades in hands to destroy another dictator in the name of democracy. Europeans are hypocrites and the world should see them for who they are..

Cameron will talk today that Nigerian economy is growing while visiting Jonathan, but will say something else when they need to put pressure on the Nigerian government to submit to their agitation..
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by jpphilips(m): 8:17pm On Feb 03, 2013
ocelot2006:

Yeah, because the looting began with GEJ's administration. Forget about past military regimes and last 2 democratic administrations were governors, including your beloved Tinubu, looted this country's coffers dry. [b]Heap it all on an administration that's trying to cut down on spending [/b]and instill a culture of saving, one that even BRF kicked against.

Can you tell us exactly how this administration is achieving the bold in your statement?

oh! sorry i forgot that the military got 900b naira in this fiscal year's budget alone, needless to stretch further that i know where your loyalty lies.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by jpphilips(m): 8:26pm On Feb 03, 2013
queensmith: the worse they can do is cut off aid, which they should do. But it won't make a major difference, theres still plenty of oil money to steal

Are western governments getting jealous of Nigerias new rich? What exactly is Obamas problem with millionaires nowadays? Is it because non americans are taking over. . . . . jus wonderin

you are a m0r0n to say the least, forgive me, but i cant fetch a better title
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by Abbott(m): 8:39pm On Feb 03, 2013
This news definitely flared up a lot of people, I was not exempted. My mind was filled with murderous thoughts and a will to boot if only i had the chance.
This is not definitely where we should be as a Nation. Waste of $100b is a terrible thing and no one should site examples of railway or renovated airports.if anything, the thieves are destroying the hen that lays the golden egg.
Who says we cannot have all roads tarred?
Who says we cannot have 24 hours nationwide daily?
Who says minumum wage cannot be up to N500,000 or double that paid in the UK(£1350*2)?
Who says Nigerians cannot have access to housing of very good standard affordable by even unskilled workers? Even new houses.
Who says we cannot have access to excellent, prompt, and professional health care services?
Who says we cannot afford the toyota camrys, the accords, the Hyundai genesis without going bankrupt, kidnappinp, stealing or breaking a bank or a leg?
Who says we cant have bullet trains n fancy train stations?
Who says we cant be anything we want to be without struggling or hustle?
Why must we hustle?
Oil everywhere and we are hustling? In 2013?

Why? No one should answer why.
Re: G8 Leaders To Discuss Nigeria’s Controversial Oil Wealth Wastage by mascot87(m): 8:57pm On Feb 03, 2013
Toto Licker:
All those people above who you so eloquently praised would sing a different tune when the next president emerge from their region. Some of those people would die to see Tinubu as president not withstanding the fact he holds the record for looting as a governor. Tribalism is our biggest headache.
Anyway,we are all guilty of tribalistic behavior. No tribe is exempted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

#ondodecides: Mimiko Congratulates Akeredolu / 2019: Atiku Visits PDP Headquarters, Consults With PDP Chairman Secondus (Pics) / Ex-INEC Chairman Iwu Granted Bail On Self Recognition After Invitation By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.