Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips (13961 Views)

No Plan To Go Back On N5,000 Allowance To Jobless Youths – APC Insists / Buhari Reportedly Cuts Number Of Aides, Journalists For Foreign, Local Trips / Nigeria Senators, Reps Pay Themselves N.5m Per Night For Local Trips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by otokx(m): 6:54pm On Feb 05, 2013
crazygod: If the mallam is really earning 25k per night then 'Wizkid' is my dad. BTW, I'm older than wizkid. In order words, mallam I put it to u that U ARE A LIAR. (Show me your payslip)
such things are not captured on payslips.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Chanchit: 6:55pm On Feb 05, 2013
I'm sure the 25k is just for his pocket, gov't would pay for the hotel, feeding and ashawo.

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Pennywise(m): 6:59pm On Feb 05, 2013
Chanchit: I'm sure the 25k is just for his pocket, gov't would pay for the hotel, feeding and ashawo.

Ashawo allowance. Dont go there. That cant be discussed. Its a security matter.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by donpetros: 6:59pm On Feb 05, 2013
He should tell us how much he earns plus all his allowances since he has decided to state how much his allowance is per night when he travels within the country.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by rodeo0070(m): 7:09pm On Feb 05, 2013
I believe that #25,000 allowance is part of a much bigger allowance.
He only mentioned a part (25k) of his allowance per night...

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Jarus(m): 7:09pm On Feb 05, 2013
Dr. Wise:

You are very predictable . . . Can you prove us wrong for once?
You may call it predictable, but I call it consistence.

What do you want me to say to prove you wrong? To say something contrary to my belief? Tell me.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Akpan107(m): 7:21pm On Feb 05, 2013
Orikinla: N25, 000 is okay.
But for the governor of the apex bank, that is small.
N750,000 as alowance in a Month, not Salary. Now, tell me, how much do you think would be his Salary?
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by SeunT2(m): 7:22pm On Feb 05, 2013
What a huge lie kai maybe he is saying 25,000 dolapo($) lolz God dey shaaa
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Jarus(m): 7:26pm On Feb 05, 2013
Pennywise: Are we talking Naira here or dollars? B/c Lagos to Warri on economy is 33k the last time I checked.That is assuming he is not coming back from the oil city same day.

Was this intended to be a comic relief of some kind by the CBN Governor? If that is statutorily allocated what exactly then does he spend? Or does he get this amount whether he actually travels or not?

Bamidele already has enough to hang him on this alone bc the CBN gov is clearly trying to mislead the people through false, confusing or incomplete information.
Na wa o.

So you don't know that your employer books hotel for you, pays your travel costs (if you are not traveling with official transport) etc. So you think the 25k is what the governor will spend to pay for his flight, hotel etc?

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Jarus(m): 7:28pm On Feb 05, 2013
Akpan107: N750,000 as alowance in a Month, not Salary. Now, tell me, how much do you think would be his Salary?
Na wa o.

Well, I can see some folks here don't work in corporate settings.

He said he receives 25k when he travels within Nigeria? So you think he will travel for 30 days and not stay in his office (by your calculation)?

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by vislabraye(m): 7:32pm On Feb 05, 2013
How much do governors get per night?
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by klas(m): 7:35pm On Feb 05, 2013
Akpan107: N750,000 as alowance in a Month, not Salary. Now, tell me, how much do you think would be his Salary?

He does not earn traveling allowance unless he travels. Since he does not travel everyday of the month, you cannot just multiply by 30 days.

BTW, The allowance is just a sort of inconvenience allowance. All his travelling expenses will be catered for by the protocol department.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by miiraaj: 7:39pm On Feb 05, 2013
Pennywise: Are we talking Naira here or dollars? B/c Lagos to Warri on economy is 33k the last time I checked.That is assuming he is not coming back from the oil city same day.

Was this intended to be a comic relief of some kind by the CBN Governor? If that is statutorily allocated what exactly then does he spend? Or does he get this amount whether he actually travels or not?

Bamidele already has enough to hang him on this alone bc the CBN gov is clearly trying to mislead the people through false, confusing or incomplete information.

Please,how old are you?

3 Likes

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by kingrhirhs(m): 7:45pm On Feb 05, 2013
llie. Dis is d lie of d year. I work in a federal agency n i knw dat ps get 35k per night. D cbn chairman is higher dan a ps. Chairman of federal agencies get 40-5k per night excluding transport. I knw dat senators get a 100k per night. Sls should cme clean.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Rooneyboy(m): 7:49pm On Feb 05, 2013
And when it happens now they will expect me to shed tears for him.

Lie, lie ooo, not me
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by thaoriginator: 7:51pm On Feb 05, 2013
Una dey mad Make una go tell una mumu presido make e disclose hin own allowances or him props. Mr 'I don't give a damn'

Aboki no dey lie o8)
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by cupid4ig(m): 7:54pm On Feb 05, 2013
if u believe this u can believe anything cry
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Nuzo1(m): 8:19pm On Feb 05, 2013
There's a big difference between what is on paper to be received and what he actually recieves.

Do I think Sanusi is corrupt? Yes..but maybe a little compared to other public officials.
Do I think he signs only N25k for local travels? Hell NO!!!
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by omowolewa: 8:32pm On Feb 05, 2013
The easiest thing to do in GEJ's govt is to talk. Even if you will lie, get it right before making it public.

Who doesn't know the trick behind the 'disappearance of meat in an adults' mouth'?

25k for hotel bills, wining and dining,dry cleaning,Out of pocket expenses, 'pay as you go ladies', inland transport, flight ticket(Abuja to Lagos a times goes for 30k talkless of Yola to Lagos), then your tour allowance and other related expenses (with receipts or not) wink.

Okay o, I commit you to COURT OF NAIRALAND OPINION! wink wink
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by arabambi: 8:59pm On Feb 05, 2013
what about d fligth tickets, hotel bills and feeding? How does he pay that? From the 25k? If outside d 25k then he is telling us his appearance fee is 25k not travelling or night allowance. Cos a staff in his office when paid night allowance to make a trip on official assignment consider tranportation, accommodation, feeding and local runnings. Yet will think of saving something. So?
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by vanstanzy(m): 9:00pm On Feb 05, 2013
Ok, and?
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 05, 2013
Only? cry cry

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by nagoma(m): 9:12pm On Feb 05, 2013
Billyonaire: N25,000 per night on travels is too meager for a Central bank governor, it should be increased. No Secure Hotel takes less than 45k per night nationally.

Agreed. I will not be surprised I some people in similar positions take 10x that amount per day in similar local trips.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Zackz: 9:24pm On Feb 05, 2013
islamic bank...hmm God hv mercy.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by optimusprime2(m): 9:44pm On Feb 05, 2013
My God! Nigerians Can do Amebo way too much-...
For crying out loud Sanusi's the CBN Governor!
Even If he takes home ₦2M for Lunch each day, what concerns YOU, do you work@CBN?
If the Cash is too mouth watering for YOU not too mind YOUR business, what stops YOU from becoming the CBN Governor?
SMH...
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 05, 2013
andyolo: This 25K is someone else salary for 30 working days? Is this not injustice. Allah dey.
Drivers in my office get 10k, so i dont see any injustice in him getting 25k.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by PapaBrowne(m): 9:52pm On Feb 05, 2013
25k?? I would hardly believe this amount. However it could be in order when you consider that the cbn governor has almost no where to go withing Nigeria on official assignment. Its just Lagos and Abuja which I think he has residences.

My average Lagos trip costs me about btw 40-60k per day.

Hotel bills on the island: 20-25k per night(very cheap)
Transport: Taxis or Car Hire: Average 5- 10k per day.
Feeding: Average 5k per day when there is no one tagging along. I avoid hotel food like a plague. Too costly and never worth the meal.
Other exigencies: 5 to 20k

25k is not a lot of money for a CBN governor. I so dont believe that figure.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by LADIbaba(m): 10:08pm On Feb 05, 2013
optimus-prime1:
My God! Nigerians Can do Amebo way too much-...
For crying out loud Sanusi's the CBN Governor!
Even If he takes home ₦2M for Lunch each day, what concerns YOU, do you work@CBN?
If the Cash is too mouth watering for YOU not too mind YOUR business, what stops YOU from becoming the CBN Governor?
SMH...

It concerns us because he is a "public servant" not a private individual.
Don't you think how he spends "our" money should be any concern of us
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by akintun: 10:36pm On Feb 05, 2013
“Besides the governor’s emolument and indeed the emolument structure of the CBN is benchmarked against the banking industry as approved in the federal government’s white paper on the presidential committee on consolidation of emoluments in the Public Service.

I think benchmarking his remuneration with d banking industry is very wrong. D governor of d central bank should not earn close to wat d MD of a bank earns.If d gov wants to be rich, he should go back to d commercial bank. A public servant dat called 4 d sacking of 50% of other public servants flies first class. I pity my country.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by aurenflani: 10:40pm On Feb 05, 2013
the_ripper2: Aboki, u can lie o. Tell ur almajiris dat outrageous lie.
tongue
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by aurenflani: 10:42pm On Feb 05, 2013
Zackz: islamic bank...hmm God hv mercy.
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Ambode At LASU Convocation / Garba Shehu refutes Sahara Reporters' Report, Denies writing stories for NAN / Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.