Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,671 members, 7,862,089 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:25 AM

Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? (13196 Views)

APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? / All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged / ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 06, 2013
SirElaw:
wont work
dey r both muslims

So says you....it's you opinion though..but its not a fact.

The combination will work and sit well in the SW and the entire North.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by ritux: 10:53am On Feb 06, 2013
Walexz02:
This is not a matter of being old brother, GEJ is young,what has he done? Besides, Buhari can serve for only one term,( we really need that man).

We really dont need Buhari. If not for what this old fools (Buhari, IBB, OBJ et al) have done to our democracy with their federal character rubbish, Fashola and Oshiomole would have been good. But then, they will say they are both from south south. Just the way majority of us citizens do not want a Muslim Muslim ticket.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by truelovecom: 10:57am On Feb 06, 2013
Mad Cow: No Igbo man living outside Imo State and parts of Abia wil vote for Rochas Okorocha. And even Rochas cant deliver 60% of Imo talkless of the entire east.

Ask for the south-south, it belongs to Jonathan and PDP.

your talking nonsense
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Demdem(m): 10:58am On Feb 06, 2013
eagle,eye:

I believe a Buhari presidency will be good for Nigeria, but be rest assured that if Buhari is fielded as the presidential candidate in 2015, he will lose. For now, the powers that be in Nigeria will use every means possible to truncate a Buhari presidency.

ok, give me alternatives. Potential candidates that can bring in the numbers Buhari can from his part of the country. Powers that be will always be there even with Fashola, Oshiomole or whatever names u may be considering. that i can assure u.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by odogift(f): 11:01am On Feb 06, 2013
Must it be d same set of thieves? I hate to c any of dem run for president come 2015. U can't bake a bread in same old dented pan and not expect to see d dent on d bread. Let dem give way for d new ones and see if Nigeria wil not move forward!

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by docemoking: 11:02am On Feb 06, 2013
Buhari may loose his life if he pair up with-------bu.
Chanchit: Na the fight wei them go fight till 2016 be that, that is a year after election.

If Buhari/Tinubu should enter as u jst said, then prepare to hear the death of Buhari in 2weeks after they gain power, cos Buhari would be too honest for Tinubu's likening.

But I'm sure, with this merging, some of the merging parties will cry in seven diffrent languages.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 06, 2013
we all need freedom let us give it to who ever can salvage nigeria i think Nigeria will develop geometrically with Buhari and Fashola let us not be tribal or religion chauvinist
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Demdem(m): 11:06am On Feb 06, 2013
odogift: Must it be d same set of thieves? I hate to c any of dem run for president come 2015. U can't bake a bread in same old dented pan and not expect to see d dent on d bread. Let dem give way for d new ones and see if Nigeria wil not move forward!

u sound vague and that isnt enough. Give names of potential and credible candidates u can think of that have the capability to secure votes and defeat the killer party.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 06, 2013
alj harem:

gbammmmm
these are the messiah Nigeria needs.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by bencham(m): 11:16am On Feb 06, 2013
This people are just wasting their time, so long as Buhari remains a contestant... They are just wasting their time. PDP will always have their way as usual.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by ubong560(m): 11:24am On Feb 06, 2013
When i say 'Fa', u say 'shola' and when i say 'Rochas', u say 'Okorocha'. That would be nice for presido and vice presido respectively. Buhari/Tinubu cant work cos they are both muslems.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Asis(m): 11:24am On Feb 06, 2013
horlatunde: I will vote 4 Buhari / Oshiomole ticket. Or buhari/ oby Ezekwesile.... Any of those two presidency will unseat PDP
dt might work
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Asis(m): 11:25am On Feb 06, 2013
holyvirgin: Plain ranting on a forum, toothless dogs that can't bite. Come 2015 GEJ will emerge winner may be in 2019 we would see a David mark/Amaechi as next president.
Buhari/fashola?? bhahahahahhahaahhahahahahahahahaahahahhaahhahahahahaahhaahahahahahhaa
Madness..
cool

Sai jonathan
hahah easy na,dis ur laugh self
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by zayhal(f): 11:39am On Feb 06, 2013
I'd have thought that they'd have thought about and thrashed the challenge of who will become the flag bearer while making the decision to merge. What's the essence of merging only to later engage in leadership tussle later.

I can't make any predictions. Our politicians may spring up surprises that'll leave everyone mopping.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by cyrielo(m): 11:43am On Feb 06, 2013
buhari and adams oshiomole will be a perfect match......
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by kgbd(m): 11:44am On Feb 06, 2013
Chanchit: Na the fight wei them go fight till 2016 be that, that is a year after election.

If Buhari/Tinubu should enter as u jst said, then prepare to hear the death of Buhari in 2weeks after they gain power, cos Buhari would be too honest for Tinubu's likening.
Guy u be comedian?
But I'm sure, with this merging, some of the merging parties will cry in seven diffrent languages.
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by iwanchop(m): 11:47am On Feb 06, 2013
Many of us fail to realise that unlike what unfolded in 1993 a Muslim/Muslim ticket cannot work in the Nigeria of today,Nigerians are now very conscious of your religious inclination unlike before.
I would prefer a Buhari/Utomi ticket
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Ramtzy: 11:47am On Feb 06, 2013
Ibanga p: why is buhari's name on every pairin? Is is dat d party can not do witout buhari in power? I tink he should act like a leader of d party nd send out d young nd popular ones 2 contest jus like d pdp leaders do.
Because corruption has been identified as monster against our development and the ONLY TRUSTED and TESTED MAN that can square it is Buhari... but if you know any, pls mention it to the house

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by AKONE(m): 11:55am On Feb 06, 2013
Please note this: Buhari will never be the President of Nigeria. He once said he does not need the vote of Christians to become the President of Nigeria. Nigerians will never forget that! Believe me Tinubu is also a failure already, even in the South-West. People voted ACN in the south-west not because of Tinubu, but because they wanted change. Who knows Tinubu outside South-West? They need a candidate that is popular both in the South & North. That i think they don't have for now. Hmmmmmm! May be Fashola or Rochas. At least they would be accepted in the North Central.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Xeedorf: 12:14pm On Feb 06, 2013
My own suggestion: i prefer Tabuwal to decamp TABUWAL/FASHOLA
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by ritux: 12:25pm On Feb 06, 2013
AK-ONE:
Please note this: Buhari will never be the President of Nigeria. He once said he does not need the vote of Christians to become the President of Nigeria. Nigerians will never forget that! Believe me Tinubu is also a failure already, even in the South-West. People voted ACN in the south-west not because of Tinubu, but because they wanted change. Who knows Tinubu outside South-West? They need a candidate that is popular both in the South & North. That i think they don't have for now. Hmmmmmm! May be Fashola or Rochas. At least they would be accepted in the North Central.

Abeg tell dem. SS and SE will never vote Buhari. PDP is still a strong force in the NORTH so they will split the votes. Even majority of those we are saying are corrupt are from the North and as such will make sure Buhari does not get to Aso Villa.

laffing in #OBJ's voice. I just dey laffffff
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by HectorTroy: 12:45pm On Feb 06, 2013
Most comments here are from people with lack of reasoning...Buhari cannot be the president, because the bloodshed after the election and the many extremist comments have already pushed him out...Rochas cannot be the vice president because many people don't trust him and he has shown he has nothing to offer...The 4 candidates are-
Fashola-(He has performed admirably as the governor of Lagos however the okada ban may stand against him)
Oshiomole-Very popular in the south and he signifies a connection with the civil servants and labour section
Pat Utomi and Dora Akunyuli....I propose a Fashola/Oshiomole ticket with Pat Utomi acting in a leading capacity of the economic situation and Buhari given the task to chase out corruption out of this country...all former corrupt officials must be brought to book and he must find a way to sanitise the judiciary...The problem of power should be addressed as soon as possible, If they can fulfill that within the first 3 years then the merger is here to stay.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by seunajia: 12:47pm On Feb 06, 2013
With these set of citizens I just want to revoke my citizenship. They don't see the hope you see, they don't see beyond their religious and ethnic affiliations.

One would think the internet would be a fertile ground to sample the beat on ground, discuss intelligently with the youths and start a revolution that will take our country to it's rightful place in the comity of nations.

This assumption is albeit wrong, the Nigerian youth prefers a corrupt muslim to a disciplined christian. He prefers an incompetent Igbo man to a TOK Hausa man. He will pull out facts from thin air to support his clanish-subjective views. You'll barraged by: "He is a muslim", "He is my townsman", "Buhari will never become president" yada yada yada...

I wish there was a way, the only thing that makes me proud (sometimes) these days is the ill-managed sporting life eventhough corruption, nepotism and tribalism thrive here too.

I swallowed the urge to call some of you here out. Believe me I did. I keep asking, if you really don't want to make this country work why don't we break it up.

Enough of the rubbish, the mediocrity, cluelessness and clanishness. Arent we tired of voting candidates based on whimsical excuses? Pfft!

OP, If people would stop being crazy, Buhari, Ribadu, Fashola and Oshiomole can make meaningful contributions. But we have to be smart about it. Buhari owns the North but Ribadu can fill in for him if he doesn't contest, then Fashola or Oshiomole own the SW.

The SE and SS? I sincerely do not understand what drives some of them.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:49pm On Feb 06, 2013
I do not see myself voting any mega party over PDP at this point. Unless Rochas is the Presidential flag bearer.

I envisage the mega party broken up along tribal lines from some post i have read so far.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Demdem(m): 12:50pm On Feb 06, 2013
AK-ONE:

Substantiate this lie of urs or shut the ffuck up.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by olaheavy: 12:51pm On Feb 06, 2013
@DemDem, you're doing a good job here. Keep it up, man.
@Jarus' piece is also a blockbuster! Now I know why he's highly respected on this Website. Salaam, bro.
Well, over to those myopic Easterners and their 'follow follow' Yoruba christian nitwits, saying two Muslim can't be president/VP. You're all confused bigots! Why did you goats vote for MKO Abiola and Kingibe (Muslims) in lieu of Bashir Tofa and Sylvester Ugoh (Muslim-christian)? You have no choice, punks! When you see good candidates embrace them without bias. Look at it this way, the present political dispensation has more Igbos and other Easterners in the military,ministerial appointments, and other plum jobs, but what good have all these done for our country? None. Even your president, the highly ret.ar.ded Retardeen, is so annoying to say the least. But have you heard any complaints from the West (Yoruba)? No. Why? Because we're not the unfortunate and laughable whiners like you human eaters. Just accept the fact that you Igbos can never be trusted with the presidency of this nation. The current goings-on in Johnaslow's government is a further attestation to what is already an obviou eye opener! Go figure!
My take: with Fashola's recent activities (his almost daily negative criticism of GEJ - the just concluded visit by Roaches, sorry, Rochas to him) indicate that he's being readied for the highest office in the land. Methinks Fashola and whoever will surely win - as long as Fashola is the presidential candidate. Even a Fashola-Okorocha ticket will suffice.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Demdem(m): 12:53pm On Feb 06, 2013
seunajia:

No shoes.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by daemonville(m): 12:59pm On Feb 06, 2013
the mega party will bring a lot of good competition. lets not look at the presidency alone, rather we can start with the governorship and national assembly position. dont you think it will be luvly to have the national assembly that is dominated by an opposition party? imagine having a senate president or speaker of the house who is from the opposition party, any idiot who rigged himself into aso rock go see hell na. after a tenure or 2, we will have better candidates for presidency.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by seunajia: 1:08pm On Feb 06, 2013
Demdem:

No shoes.

Demdem, Inasmuch as I admire the zeal with which you tackle issues most times, I must confess your sentiments sometimes pushes away the would-be and otherwise sensible ones amongst them. Don't place blanket judgments on a whole region, there are a lot of reasonable ones amongst them.

Bless you!
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Ngwakwe: 1:21pm On Feb 06, 2013
If the mega party or South West Yorubas and Northern Hausas cannot get one Igbo technocrat or politician who can take the mantle of leadership after all these years of their sons occupying the presidential villa in Abuja, then there's no hope or desire for South East to support this alliance and be used as compensate.

APGA will be better as a stand alone political party that will never present a candidate for presidency but can enter into alliance with any party that are ready to accede to its sets of demands for better development of South East and a well developed federal presence.

You need Igbos vote come let's negotiate.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Demdem(m): 1:25pm On Feb 06, 2013
seunajia:

Demdem, Inasmuch as I admire the zeal with which you tackle issues most times, I must confess your sentiments sometimes pushes away the would-be and otherwise sensible ones amongst them. Don't place blanket judgments on a whole region, there are a lot of reasonable ones amongst them.

Bless you!

Believe me, i know. i currently live among them here in the SS for more than a decade now and i know they all arent like this. My closest of closest pals are from SS and SE. Wonderful set of people, They dont think this way. these ones are progressives. its just that the majority will always have their ways.

ur question stated some of them and i answered in the affirmative my opinion. Nothing in my post suggests all.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 06, 2013
seunajia: With these set of citizens I just want to revoke my citizenship. They don't see the hope you see, they don't see beyond their religious and ethnic affiliations.

One would think the internet would be a fertile ground to sample the beat on ground, discuss intelligently with the youths and start a revolution that will take our country to it's rightful place in the comity of nations.

This assumption is albeit wrong, the Nigerian youth prefers a corrupt muslim to a disciplined christian. He prefers an incompetent Igbo man to a TOK Hausa man. He will pull out facts from thin air to support his clanish-subjective views. You'll barraged by: "He is a muslim", "He is my townsman", "Buhari will never become president" yada yada yada...

I wish there was a way, the only thing that makes me proud (sometimes) these days is the ill-managed sporting life eventhough corruption, nepotism and tribalism thrive here too.

I swallowed the urge to call some of you here out. Believe me I did. I keep asking, if you really don't want to make this country work why don't we break it up.

Enough of the rubbish, the mediocrity, cluelessness and clanishness. Arent we tired of voting candidates based on whimsical excuses? Pfft!

OP, If people would stop being crazy, Buhari, Ribadu, Fashola and Oshiomole can make meaningful contributions. But we have to be smart about it. Buhari owns the North but Ribadu can fill in for him if he doesn't contest, then Fashola or Oshiomole own the SW.

Bro, I'm just as confused as you are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2019: AA Cautions Uche Nwosu Against Supporting Buhari’s Reelection / Saraki To MURIC: Blaming 8th Senate For Insecurity Under Buhari Is Propaganda / Suspense In PDP As Atiku, Wike Camps Meet Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.