Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal (21013 Views)

Rumble In SSS As Jonathan’s CSO, Others Vow To Challenge Sack / Unconfirmed: Former Cso To President Jonathan,dies In Sss Custody / Uneasy Calm In SSS Over ‘hurried Promotion’ Of Marilyn Ogar, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by Afanna1: 10:56pm On Feb 05, 2013
[b]Recruitment scandal hits SSS; Senate President David Mark implicated.

Nigeria’s secret police, the Department of State Service or State Security Services (SSS) has been hit by a recruitment scandal involving the violation of the principle of federal character.

Senate President David Mark is also implicated in the sordid affair.

Impeccable sources close to the SSS told News Express that during the last recruitment exercise embarked upon by the Service “David Mark alone sent in over 40 names of his kinsmen in clear and flagrant violation of the Federal Character principle.”

The sources alleged that “there were supposed to have been 155 cadets but federal character violators like the senate president increased the number to well above 300.”

The cadets are undergoing training at Ojo Barracks in Lagos, South-West Nigeria. The training, which began their around July last year, is scheduled to last for a year.

The manner in which the cadets were selected reflects the new but illegal practice of top Nigerian government officials sharing vacancies among themselves while more qualified candidates who have no godfathers roam the streets in search of non-existent jobs.

“Why is Mallam Abba Moro, the Minister of Interior, not screaming Federal Character violation?” asked a source who spoke on the condition of anonymity. “He sacked erstwhile Comptroller-General of Immigration, Mrs. Rose Uzoma, over a similar offence while he has remained mute over the scandal at the SSS, a department which his ministry also supervises,” the source observed.

Contacted by News Express, Marylin Ogar, Assistant Director, Public Relations, at the SSS, said: “I cannot respond to security issues over the phone. You have to come to our office and fill a form. You have to sit in front of me and ask your questions so that I’ll be sure I am talking to a journalist.”

Informed that News Express had earlier sent her a mail and requested her response through the same channel, Ogar cut the line after saying: “I cannot do that! Good day and God bless you.”

Contacted by News Express, Kola Ologbondiyan, Special Adviser on Media to Mark, replied: “Kindly scan the list and forward to me so that I confirm the letterhead and signature. Tanx.”

-

Source: News Express
[/b]
http://247ureports.com/recruitment-scandal-hits-sss-senate-president-david-mark-implicated/
Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by rumours: 11:30pm On Feb 05, 2013
Moderator, kindly take this to the front page too. Thanks.
Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by Fellonigerians: 11:37pm On Feb 05, 2013
This happens everywhere in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 05, 2013
This is the norm. David Mark is as guilty as just about every other public office holder in Nigeria across all tiers and arms of government. Hardly anyone gets a (good) Federal Government (or even state government) job on merit. It's either these leviathans recommend you directly or indirectly, or you bribe your way through (that is if you have the right underground contacts sef). Anyone telling you otherwise is not being honest with you.

I guess that explains why Nigeria might never achieve meaningful development. Merit and fairness is scorned and relegated to the background in almost all spheres. Shame.

13 Likes

Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by Pygru: 12:22am On Feb 06, 2013
sad

1 Like

Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by gratiaeo(m): 12:41am On Feb 06, 2013
Front page please
Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by redsun(m): 12:53am On Feb 06, 2013
If that is true,then David mark should resign as a senator and live the house robbers(nigerian senate) with immediate effect.

We know he is criminal before,but this an obvious act of abuse of office and position to the detriment of efficient Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by mutiply: 2:11am On Feb 06, 2013
If only we have a good judiciary system,so many of them must have died while serving time in prisons.Anyway, i wont be suprised if some of group of persons supports his actions,it's the common thing here these days.

1 Like

Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by Shaftrod(m): 2:23am On Feb 06, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]our elected representatives seem to glory in unethical practises. David Mark is part of a ruling political elite that's seen as corrupt to the marrow.
Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by good1025: 3:20am On Feb 06, 2013
Oya
South East dominate Army and Immigration.
Hausa dominate Police and custom.
Middle Belt SSS.
Where is Yoruba own now?

5 Likes

Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by good1025: 3:40am On Feb 06, 2013

Kola Ologbondiyan

This publication as it concerns the President of the Senate, Senator David Mark, is puerile. It is unfortunate that people can resort to outlandish fabrication in the name of on-line publishing. Issac Umunna called my line this morning to raise allegation that President of the Senate, Senator David Mark, submitted the names of 30 candidates to be employed by the State Secuty Services. I requested that Umunna should kindly scan the list and forward to my box to of the letter head as well as the signature. That was to enable me make my own checks though I knew his story was a ruse. Umunna threatened that he would use my request as a reaction . It is painful that a noble profession which thrives on facts is being reduced to jankara all in the name of citizen journalism. This story (or fabrication) is a wicked lie because Senator Mark has no 30 ( it has increased to 40) cadets in any SSS training school. I therefore challenge Umunna and his co-travelers to make the kist(sic) public.

I was even going to take the report serious till I saw a response from David Marks media guy under. Igbotic journalism at it's best, hungry man probably trying to squeeze out money. Isaac Umuna, you be mumu na grin This racket you dey run heavy o. Good luck sha, man must wack .

1 Like

Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by abouzaid: 4:06am On Feb 06, 2013
South east senators should have a meeting over that.
Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by miiraaj: 5:01am On Feb 06, 2013
This practice has been going on in Nigeria for long and no one complained until the dumb Igbo ex immigration mistress was sacked for doing it out of proportion. When I say Igbo ppl are not intelligent,It wasn't for the fun of it. Whoever the DG SSS is,he sure knows how to play his cards,nd u may later find out that Mark is not the only "top shot" guilty of this allegations. It may include other senators from all geopolitical zones as against the immigration case that included mainly Igbos.

This is Nigeria! Nothing is done based on merit,but based on satisfying the powers that be.

8 Likes

Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by teskyg: 6:36am On Feb 06, 2013
This is not news.It is the usual practice.
Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by Tolexander: 6:42am On Feb 06, 2013
Mtchew
Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by Tolexander: 6:42am On Feb 06, 2013
Is this a scandal or a norm?
If this is a scandal, then every office, company, bank, etc in nigeria is scandalized with nepotism, cronysm and favortism.
Anyway, it has become a very big prob in nigeria. Either you are attached to a strongman or you bribe your way in.

1 Like

Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by Samdul: 6:42am On Feb 06, 2013
former immigration boss is d one sponsoring this....

1 Like

Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by Joeadamu86: 7:10am On Feb 06, 2013
OP this your story get K leg oh,I don't think the secret police is that corrupt to allow such a false thing like this posed by the OP the SSS has a very strong reputation we are so proud of them.I don't any politician can influence them.

1 Like

Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by 1800bc(f): 7:18am On Feb 06, 2013
hmmn...i smell something fishy in this report. Can anybody see an agency vendetta here or na only me dey see am?
Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 06, 2013
good1025: Oya
South East dominate Army and Immigration.
Hausa dominate Police and custom.
Middle Belt SSS.
Where is Yoruba own now?
e be like na motor park tinz be dia own o!

1 Like

Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by yanni1(m): 7:26am On Feb 06, 2013
Samdul: former immigration boss is d one sponsoring this....

your words! I believe!
Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by rawtruth(m): 7:26am On Feb 06, 2013
That one na small thing for David Mark; check the number of his kinsmen recruited into federal establishments since he became the senate president against those from the other tribes in Benue state and you wonder if David Mark's tribesmen are the only intelligent creatures in that state. The majority Tivs of Benue state whose inherent "altruism" has become a 'confusion' in the midst tribal bigots in the likes of Mark have been crying 'wolf' over Mark's "I don't-care" display of tribal bigotry. I call the Tivs' crying "wolf", because they had similar "opportunities" but preferred to allow things to run their normal course. "There are no Nigerians but bickering tribesmen, stranded on a "geographical description", who pledge their loyalties to their respective tribal or religious creeds, rather to that which unity holds out for all". And tomorrow, David Mark and his likes will stand in public arena to talk of the need for 'unity', when they are the ones doing the very things that destroy that unity.

1 Like

Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by adewasco2k(m): 7:47am On Feb 06, 2013
So this is why they did not call me even after a successful exam and interview?
Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by miiraaj: 7:59am On Feb 06, 2013
Samdul: former immigration boss is d one sponsoring this....

I smell igbo in the report.
Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by Fanpay: 8:03am On Feb 06, 2013
Not a suprise d.mark have always done so in many recruitments,be it sss,army,police or federal jobs and worst thing is that the names he sends do not go through the selection process they are just approved immediatly he sends the name.
Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by Omojuo: 8:12am On Feb 06, 2013
Nigerians complain that Gej is not creating Jobs, yet we hear of employment scandal here and there. Which one should we believe oooooo?
This story appears like one in reader 2

1 Like

Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 06, 2013
Nepotism is a common phenomenon in Nigeria even the retardeen president is guilty of it.
Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by HezronLorraine(m): 10:28am On Feb 06, 2013
All dse politicians turning the govt,its agencies,and parastatals to its family inheritance.David Mark the righteous and God fearing politicians he claims to be .if it be true i hope his fellow senators will pass a vote of no confidence on him and this scandal will make him relinquish his sits.after d $120,000 and other allowances he receives monthly he still has time to send 40 for jobs with inflated and increased salary.wonders shall never end.
Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by HezronLorraine(m): 10:30am On Feb 06, 2013
All dse politicians turning the govt,its agencies,and parastatals to its family inheritance.David Mark the righteous and God fearing politicians he claims to be .if it be true i hope his fellow senators will pass a vote of no confidence on him and this scandal will make him relinquish his sits.after d $120,000 and other allowances he receives monthly he still has time to send 40 for jobs with inflated and increased salary.wonders shall never end.equity and fairness is lacking in d country.GOD HELP US.
Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by touchmehard: 12:06pm On Feb 06, 2013
If you people know the level of rigorous tests, examinations, interviews and medical screenings people go through to get employed in the SSS, you guys would not believe this story at all at all. If you don't pass their tests, interviews and medical/fitness screenings, omo nothing for you o! no matter who you know or who sent your name.
Even if David Mark actually sent some names to the SSS, the question is, how many of them scaled through the rigorous tests, examinations, interviews and medical screenings? 30-40 of them at a go? I don't believe so.
Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by ifihearam: 3:17pm On Feb 06, 2013
touch_me_hard: If you people know the level of rigorous tests, examinations, interviews and medical screenings people go through to get employed in the SSS, you guys would not believe this story at all at all. If you don't pass their tests, interviews and medical/fitness screenings, omo nothing for you o! no matter who you know or who sent your name.
Even if David Mark actually sent some names to the SSS, the question is, how many of them scaled through the rigorous tests, examinations, interviews and medical screenings? 30-40 of them at a go? I don't believe so.

Guy forget those things,for naija everything is possible,I know what am talking about.

1 Like

Re: Mark Implicated In SSS Recruitment Scandal by Atigba: 3:18pm On Feb 06, 2013
this is a big lie....a nigeria legislature cant be involved in a thing like this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corruption: Probe Your Election Sponsors First, Fayose Tells Buhari / Breaking: Benue Assembly Suspends 7 Members For 6 Months / Nigeria Air Strike Kills 20 Fishermen In Lake Chad - AFP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.