Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Who Is The Wise Man Between These Two Men: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Wise Man Between These Two Men: (776 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Wise Man John Chi Returns To TB Joshua's Church! / Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? / Tb Joshua Sends Wise Man Harry To The Usa For A Revival Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Wise Man Between These Two Men: by Ayomivic(m): 2:17pm On Feb 06, 2013
There was a man who was very rich, he built a magnificent manson and had twins son named Atee and Chris. When his sons were still baby, he left them in care of their mother and went away. But he used to send them letters and gifts.In the letters, he always tells them the kind of attitudes he wants for his sons. when these children was eighteen years old their mother died .It left for them to decide how to live their lives.They continued struggling without parent and they survived.They built their own houses and had companies, in fact they lack nothing.

One day,early in the morning a young man came to knock on their door.When they opened the door they found the stranger standing by the door.They asked him to come in and sit dawn.They asked the young man how they can help him and the man says

"it was your father that sent me to you. Your father said a great disaster is coming on this town, a day of destruction and he wants both of you and your love ones to be ready to flee this town before that day to another town. Your father had built another magnificent manson that is more beautiful than this for you to stay when you come.The young man then handed to them the map lead to that town for them to study.Before he left, he added

" i am a traveller after today you may not see me again but i will surely come back before that disaster to take you to that town just prepare. make sure you do what was in the letters he had sent to you and study the map that i gave to you because your father may disown you if you don't live to his expectation."

the young man had stood up to take his leave when they asked him

" Did you say you saw our father?"

"Yes ! I saw him, i knew him very well. He was the one that send me to you" After his words, the young man left.

They were so astonised to the young man words. It was Atee that first found his words. He says.

" what a foolish words is this ? How can someone who we have never set eyes on claimed to be our father? A man who does not know how we struggled to survive.Over my dead body would i accept him as my father,he should go to hell. I can take care of my self , i have been doing that for long time. Beside, how can someone who did not live in this town know what will befall this town? He think he can delude us. Even if what he said is true i will rather died in that disaster for him to be my saviour. How can i leave everything i have suffered to achive, all the enjoyment of this town and flee to boring town? How rich is he that made him says we should tell our love ones?He even threaten to disown us if we don't live to his expectation, to hell with him and the young man he sent. For me i have no father and i don't want to have one"

After Atee had finished his worlds.Chris says " I hope you say these out of annoyance. Truely we have never set eyes on our father sin birth but one thing that was cleared was that, we did not make ourself and we did not build this magnificient manson we are living in and nobody have ever come to claimed the ownership of this manson. Our mother also told us we have father unless you don't believe her. For me i will listen to what the young man says and i will be in preparation for his second coming. I will read over and over the letter our father sent to us and i will study the map given to us by the young man. If he comes fine if he did not come my life still goes on.But iam surely believe that what the young man says is true. I will like to meet my father. I don't want to die and i belive that my father is extremely rich. If not how can he affords this magnificient manson we are living in ?On why our father did not come to see us since our birth, i am not in position to answer that question and nobody is in position to do that except our father. If i see him, if i can speak to him i will ask all quetion that was bothering me and in the case of that town being boring, how do you know that a town you have not been to will be boring ?Even if it is boring as you think you and me can make lovable if we are there since we will be able to ask our father what we want and how we feel. I want you to know that a dead man can not speak and the prisoner is not a free man.

That is where the story ends.
Now my questions are.

Without bias which of these two men Idea will you agree with if you are in their shoes and why ?

The story above is in parable what does these infer ? Who is the father,mother ,magnificient manson, Atee and Chris? who is that young man?Where is the town the father wants them to flee to? Etc.
Re: Who Is The Wise Man Between These Two Men: by justaqad(m): 3:05pm On Feb 06, 2013
Ayomivic: There was a man who was very rich, he built a magnificent manson and had twins son named Atee and Chris. When his sons were still baby, he left them in care of their mother and went away. But he used to send them letters and gifts.In the letter, he always tells them the kind of attitude he wants for his sons. when these children was eighteen years old their mother died .It left for them to decide how to leave their lives.They continued struggling without parent and they survived.They built their own house and had companies, in fact they lack nothing.

One day,early in the morning a young man came to knock on their door.When they opened the door they found they found the stranger standing by the door.They asked him to come in and sit dawn.They asked the young man how they can help him and the man says

"it was your father that sent me to you. Your father said a great disaster is coming on this town, a day of destruction and he want both of you and your love ones to be ready to flee this town before that day to another town. Your father had built another magnificent manson that is more beautiful than this for you to stay when you come.The young man then handed to them the map lead to that town for them to study.Before he left he added " i am a traveller after today you may not see me again but i will surely come back before that disaster to take you to that town just prepare. make sure you do what was in the letters he had sent to you and this map that i gave to you because your father may disown you if you don't live to his expectation."

the young man had stood up to take his leave when they asked him

" Did you say you saw our father?"

"Yes ! I saw him, i knew him very well. He was the one that send me to you" After his words, the young man left.

They were so astonised to the young man words. It was Atee that first found his words. He says.

" what a foolish words is this ? How can someone who we have never set eye on claimed to be our father? A man who does not know how we struggled to survive.Over my dead body would i accept him as my father,he should go to hell. I can take care of my self , i have been doing that for long time. Beside how can someone who did not live in this town know what will befall this town? He think he can delude us. Even if what he said is true i will rather died in that disaster for him to be my saviour.How can i leave everything i have suffered to achive, all the enjoyment of this town and flee to boring town.How rich is he that made him says we should tell our love one?He even threaten to disown us if we don't live to his expectation, to err with him and the young man he sent. For me i have no father and i don't want to have one"

After Atee had finished his worlds.Chris says " I hope you say these out of annoyance. Truely we have never set eyes on our father sin birth but one thing that was cleared was that, we did not make ourself and we did not build this magnificient manson we are living in and nobody have ever come to claimed the ownership of this manson. Our mother also told us we have father unless you don't believe her. For me i will listen to what the young man says and i will be in preparation for his second coming. I will read over and over the letter our father sent to us and i will study the map given to us by the young man. If he comes fine if he did not come my life still goes on.But iam surely believe that what the young man says is true. I will like to meet my father. I don't want to die and i belive that my father is extremely rich. If not how can he affords this magnificient manson we are living in ?On why our father did not come to see us since our birth, i am not in position to answer that question and nobody is in position to do that except our father. If i see him, if i can speak to him i will ask all quetion that was bothering me and in the case of that town being boring, how do you know that a town you have not been to will be boring ?Even if it is boring as you think you and me can make lovable if we are there since we will be able to ask our father what we want and how we feel. I want you to know that a dead man can not speak and the prisoner is not a free man.

That is where the story ends.
Now my questions are.

Without bias which of these two men Idea will you agree with if you are in their shoes and why ?

The story above is in parable what does these infer ? Who is the father,mother ,magnificient manson, Atee and Chris? who is that young man?Where is the town the father wants them to flee to? Etc.

the bolded got me confused.
Re: Who Is The Wise Man Between These Two Men: by Ayomivic(m): 11:15am On Feb 11, 2013
justaqad:

the bolded got me confused.
ok, let me explain what i mean with that story.
Re: Who Is The Wise Man Between These Two Men: by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 11, 2013
The whole story is false. Another useless analogy set up to force people into believing things without evidence

1) What kind of loving father leaves his children for years without even seeing them before they turn into adults?
2) The house should have a deed of ownership to confirm that the father is the owner of the house- fro there they can find their father like any normal child does.
3 If the young visitor came to tell them about their father and a disaster, it is upon the visitor to bring forth evidence that he knows their father and that a disaster is coming.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Wise Man Between These Two Men: by Ozegbe(m): 11:31am On Feb 11, 2013
one word ......CRAP
Re: Who Is The Wise Man Between These Two Men: by Ayomivic(m): 1:17pm On Feb 11, 2013
Logicboy03: The whole story is false. Another useless analogy set up to force people into believing things without evidence

1) What kind of loving father leaves his children for years without even seeing them before they turn into adults?
2) The house should have a deed of ownership to confirm that the father is the owner of the house- fro there they can find their father like any normal child does.
3 If the young visitor came to tell them about their father and a disaster, it is upon the visitor to bring forth evidence that he knows their father and that a disaster is coming.

Thank you very much logicboy03. I can see that you understood my analogy.

In that story,of the two sons of that man, are you indirectly saying that Atee was the wise man ?

Now let me answer your question

1. you said what kind of loving father leaves is children for many years without seeing them?
Do you know why he leaves them? Why can you meet him and demand for this answer since his the only one that can provide genuine answer to this. You can't fight someone you have not seen because what you though, may be different to what happened.

2. You said he should provide the proof of ownership of the house but there wasn't a dispute over the house.no body claimed the ownership of the house except him and if there is dispute do they themself provide the proof of ownership ?

What evidence do you still need from the young man about their father and the disaster when he told them point-blank that he knows him very well. He even told them what their father said in the past,in the letters. It's left to them to believe or disbelieve but if the consequence comes they should have themself to be blamed for their actions
Re: Who Is The Wise Man Between These Two Men: by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ayomivic:

In that story,of the two sons of that man, are you indirectly saying that Atee was the wise man ?

1. you said what kind of loving father leaves is children for many years without seeing the? Do you know why he leaves them? Why can you meet him and demand for this answer since his the only one that can provide genuine answer to this. You can't fight someone you have not see because what you though may be different to what happened.

What nonsense is this? A loving father doesnt abandon his children. If he cant meet his children, he should invite them to meet him. Chikena

Ayomivic:
2. You said he should provid the proof of ownership of the house but there wasn't a dispute over the house.no body claimed the ownership of the house and if there is dispute do they themself provide the proof of ownership ?

No. The children should find the deed to the house. They can take up the investigation from there. They dont need an external stranger to come and tell them about their dad.

Ayomivic:
What evidence do you still need from the young man about their father and the disaster when he told them point-blank that he knows him very well. He even told them what their father said in the past,in the letters. Is left to them to belive or disbelive but if the consequence comes Atee should have himself to be blamed.

BS. The letter could have been forged and their father could have run mad claiming the end of the world.

Evidence is what is needed. The young visitior that came is not really different from a fraud if he doesn thave evidence. A rich father would send a messenger with an ipad or call them. Is technology too hard?
Re: Who Is The Wise Man Between These Two Men: by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ayomivic:

1. you said what kind of loving father leaves is children for many years without seeing the? Do you know why he leaves them? Why can you meet him and demand for this answer since his the only one that can provide genuine answer to this. You can't fight someone you have not see because what you though may be different to what happened.

2. You said he should provid the proof of ownership of the house but there wasn't a dispute over the house.no body claimed the ownership of the house and if there is dispute do they themself provide the proof of ownership ?

What evidence do you still need from the young man about their father and the disaster when he told them point-blank that he knows him very well. He even told them what their father said in the past,in the letters. Is left to them to belive or disbelive but if the consequence comes Atee should have himself to be blamed.

This is yet to provide evidence for the virgin birth. How did Mary get pregnant?

Could a male and female populate the planet with 9 billion humans in the space of 4 thousand years?

Superman is not real,even kids will tell you.
Re: Who Is The Wise Man Between These Two Men: by Ayomivic(m): 2:39pm On Feb 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

What nonsense is this? A loving father doesnt abandon his children. If he cant meet his children, he should invite them to meet him. Chikena

No. The children should find the deed to the house. They can take up the investigation from there. They dont need an external stranger to come and tell them about their dad.

BS. The letter could have been forged and their father could have run mad claiming the end of the world.

Evidence is what is needed. The young visitior that came is not really different from a fraud if he doesn thave evidence. A rich father would send a messenger with an ipad or call them. Is technology too hard?

for the point of correction he did not abandon them. If he did, he would not sent the letters and the gifts to them, he would not sent emissaries to them nor the young man.

Why do Atee have to complicate himself by imagine wrong thing instead of facing reality. He thought the letters may be forged but he could not explain how the house he is living was built.

I don't know why the means by which the father gets them informed is more of concern To Atee than the message itself. Is he in possition to tell how his father should communicate with them ? Even, if the father sends message with ipad or call do you think Atee would believe? In something is wrong with Atee's ways of thinking.
Re: Who Is The Wise Man Between These Two Men: by Ayomivic(m): 3:08pm On Feb 11, 2013
ifeness:

This is yet to provide evidence for the virgin birth. How did Mary get pregnant?

Could a male and female populate the planet with 9 billion humans in the space of 4 thousand years?

Superman is not real,even kids will tell you.

The questions you asked here is not different to the question Atee asked in the story above .he said ' How rich is that man that called himself my father that made him says we should inform our love one' Atee in that story thought his father may not have a enought accommodation for their love ones. But he forgot to think wealthy he was that made him built the magnificient mansion they are living.

Like you, you never think of how God creates the cloud the earth and everything that are in it. If you think of this , you will come to understand that for virgin to ge pregnat and for one person to populate the world may be difficult for man but nothing difficult for God.
Re: Who Is The Wise Man Between These Two Men: by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ayomivic:

for the point of correction he did not abandon them. If he did, he would not sent the letters and the gifts to them, he would not sent emissaries to them nor the young man.

Why do Atee have to complicate himself by imagine wrong thing instead of facing reality. He thought the letters may be forged but he could not explain how the house he is living was built.

I don't know why the means by which the father gets them informed is more of concern To Atee than the message itself. Is he in possition to tell how his father should communicate with them ? Even, if the father sends message with ipad or call do you think Atee would believe? In something is wrong with Atee's ways of thinking.

Is that fatherhood? Sending gifts? What about consoling your son when he is crying? What about teaching how to ride his bike? Helping with homework etc?

There is nothing wrong with Atee because the fathers story is false
Re: Who Is The Wise Man Between These Two Men: by Ayomivic(m): 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
For the benefit of those who who does not understand the analogy in the above story,let me explaind the ideas behind the story. Infact the story is written to correct the sentiments of the atheist.the story have to do with atheists and christians alone. I don't intend to discuss anther riligion here because atheists need to acknowledge the existence of God before religion.

These are the words and analogies using in that story

Words used meaning

Father - God
mother - Prophets Atee - atheiests
Chris - Christians
Mansion - Earth
Companies and houses - what you and i achieved on earth
Letters - scripture
young man - our lord Jesus
map - gospel
another town - paradise
rich - power
disaster - periious days

actully,chrstians have never seen God before but we have strong faith that God is in existence. The prophets, the earth, ourself, are the proofs that God is in existence. What else do we need as evidence. What God demands from us is to always do good and to believe in him. How does these difficult fos us?I believe atheist regected God not because he did not exist but because he did not pemit them to do their will. For this they hate him. But God can never submit to the will of men,never.It is men that need to humble themself before God.
Re: Who Is The Wise Man Between These Two Men: by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ayomivic: For the benefit of those who who does not understand the analogy in the above story,let me explaind the ideas behind the story. Infact the story is written to correct the sentiments of the atheist.the story have to do with atheists and christians alone. I don't intend to discuss anther riligion here because atheists need to acknowledge the existence of God before religion.

Words used meaning

Father - God
Chris - Christians
Mansion - Earth
Letters - scripture
map - gospel
another town - paradise
rich - power
disaster - periious days

actully,chrstians have never seen God before but we have strong faith that God is in existence. The prophets, the earth, ourself, are the proofs that God is in existence. What else do we need as evidence. What God demands from us is to always do good and to believe in him. How does these difficult fos us?I believe atheist regected God not because he did not exist but because he did not pemit them to do their will. For this they hate him. But God can never submit to the will of men,never.It is men that need to humble themself before God.

Nice analogy to show that your beliefs are based on threats and lack of evidence!
Re: Who Is The Wise Man Between These Two Men: by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ayomivic: The questions you asked here is not different to the question Atee asked in the story above .he said ' How rich is that man that called himself my father that made him says we should inform our love one' Atee in that story thought his father may not have a enought accommodation for their love ones. But he forgot to think wealthy he was that made him built the magnificient mansion they are living.

Like you, you never think of how God creates the cloud the earth and everything that are in it. If you think of this , you will come to understand that for virgin to ge pregnat and for one person to populate the world may be difficult for man but nothing difficult for God.

A God or Gods are not necessary for the creation of the Universe. If you accept that an entity created the Universe, then you have to contend with the question of who created the creator?
Re: Who Is The Wise Man Between These Two Men: by Femmymata2(m): 9:51pm On Feb 11, 2013
No sane child would want to have an allways hiding coward,liar,man created, dubious,fictitious,irresponsible,dumb,insane,lazy,good for nothing,glory taking/blame avoiding,callous,thoughtless,fraudulent,blood thirsty,genocide ordering,wicked,evil genius,horrible,non-existing father like that. A good father will always try to be around for his children and not send con men,thieves that drive private jets and expensive cars without fuel to milk,dribble,brainwash,exploit and mentally handicap them.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Wise Man Between These Two Men: by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 12, 2013
Femmymata2: No sane child would want to have an allways hiding coward,liar,man created, dubious,fictitious,irresponsible,dumb,insane,lazy,good for nothing,glory taking/blame avoiding,callous,thoughtless,fraudulent,blood thirsty,genocide ordering,wicked,evil genius,horrible,non-existing father like that. A good father will always try to be around for his children and not send con men,thieves that drive private jets and expensive cars without fuel to milk,dribble,brainwash,exploit and mentally handicap them.

Exactly !
Re: Who Is The Wise Man Between These Two Men: by justaqad(m): 4:35pm On Feb 12, 2013
Ayomivic: For the benefit of those who who does not understand the analogy in the above story,let me explaind the ideas behind the story. Infact the story is written to correct the sentiments of the atheist.the story have to do with atheists and christians alone. I don't intend to discuss anther riligion here because atheists need to acknowledge the existence of God before religion.

Words used meaning

Father - God
Chris - Christians
Mansion - Earth
Letters - scripture
map - gospel
another town - paradise
rich - power
disaster - periious days

laughing in Ikwerre.....
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

(1) (Reply)

Should We Hate? / Atheists Are The Campaigners Of Gay,lesbianism & All Immoralities In The World. / In Him - Poem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.