Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners (2289 Views)

Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi / 10 Ways Sinners Celebrate Easter- By Tosyne2much / Religious Leaders And Their Followers Take A Walk To Hell (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 06, 2013
When I look through my bible, I see only love for sinners and the poor, whereas Jesus's greatest rebuke was for the righteous pharisees and their followers.

In fact , Jesus was often rebuked by the religious of his day for talking , eating and drinking with sinners, he was condemned for going into the houses of sinners and healing ( doing good ) on the Sabbath day etc.

When we read through the pages of scripture, our Lord's problem was mostly with the religious , who eventually rejected him and killed him.

1. He condemned their money loving and grabbing attitude and threw them out of the temple - they hated him for it

2. He rebuked them for loving to be first and to sit at high places - they hated him for it

3. He talked to a Samaritan woman - they hated him for it

4. In fact when he talked about the lake of fire aka Gehenna , it was almost always in reference to the righteous pharisees , their followers and the religious hypocrites ( boy do we have many of them today ) - They hated him for it

5. He delivered a woman who was caught in the act of adultery and forgave her sins - They hated him for it

6. He told them that thieves, prostitutes and sinners will get to heaven before them ( because it was this group that heard the message and repented from their wickedness ) - the Pharisees hated him for it.

Today we see the same thing, the religious elite and their followers hate Jesus, they preach another Jesus, they are the reason why the world is in a total mess.

Because they preach a false gospel of Mammon ( Tithes , offerings, first-fruits etc ) , War ( crusades , zionism etc ) and hell ( eternal torment ) , they have managed to turn many of their converts into children of hell , instead of children of love.

When the bible says GOD is LOVE, it actually means it with all the ramifications involved.

The religious prevent sinners from hearing about the TRUE love of GOD and the genuine gospel of repentance and salvation, instead they threaten sinners with fear and brimstone , when some of these people already have enough stress and pain in their lives.

If Jesus were alive today , he would have rebuked 90% of the church for misrepresenting him, lying about his father and preaching another gospel.

Go to your bible today and learn about the real Jesus, the one who loved and still loves sinners, the one who poured out his entire soul unto death for the salvation of sinners and his enemies.

Indeed the destiny of those who choose death is death , but there is the option of life , this is what God wants for all, Life and not death.

Many Christians today have no LOVE and therefore cannot give what they do not have. It is time we ask for a renewing of our heart and purging of our minds. You can never win ONE soul for GOD by condemning and threatening them or living a life of hypocrisy .

Some bible passages to consider :

For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live! - Ezekiel 18:32

"who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth" - 1 Timothy 2:4

"This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live" - Deuteronomy 30:19

" Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, O house of Israel?'" - Ezekiel 33:11

"The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent" - 2 Peter 3:9

" Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel? " - Ezekiel 18:31

" wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight! Stop doing wrong " - Isaiah 1:16

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by alexleo(m): 11:41pm On Feb 06, 2013
shut up Mr. Why are you so afraid of hell? You wrote a beautiful piece and dented it with your nonsense idea and talk of hell.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 06, 2013
alexleo: shut up Mr. Why are you so afraid of hell? You wrote a beautiful piece and dented it with your nonsense idea and talk of hell.

Thank you for your 'gentle and kind' response, says much for the Christianity many practice today.

In fact , as I said above, Jesus rebuked and talked about Hell more to the hypocrites and self-righteous , than to the sinners.

Matthew 21:31
Which of the two did the will of his father?" They said to Him, "The first." Jesus said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you."

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 07, 2013
How lovely and kind Jesus was and is to all who call upon him.

"for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED." - Matthew 21:31

Enjoy this soothing song cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glrQXIl_YNs
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Image123(m): 4:50am On Feb 07, 2013
does the op not know that he easily fits the picture of the religious elite, with a lot of 'experience', head knowledge and denominational first handism and doctrinal rigmarole?
BTW, Its never okay to be a sinner, especially an unrepentant one. Jesus wasn't dining and befriending unrepentant blasphemous sinners.
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Nobody: 5:56am On Feb 07, 2013
Image123: does the op not know that he easily fits the picture of the religious elite, with a lot of 'experience', head knowledge and denominational first handism and doctrinal rigmarole?
BTW, Its never okay to be a sinner, especially an unrepentant one. Jesus wasn't dining and befriending unrepentant blasphemous sinners.

Frosbel, can you tell your bros here about Judas?
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Nobody: 5:57am On Feb 07, 2013
@ OP,

Great message, unfortunately, it is atheists that are rebuking the religious elite more than christians.
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 07, 2013
Image123: does the op not know that he easily fits the picture of the religious elite, with a lot of 'experience', head knowledge and denominational first handism and doctrinal rigmarole?

Matthew 9:13 But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners

We will do well to purge the church of thieves who steal tithes from widows and orphans, war mongering Zionists, loveless Christians and the endless prosperity scams and lies. These are the charlatans who are doing a great disservice to the cause of Christ today.
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2013
Logicboy03: @ OP,

Great message, unfortunately, it is atheists that are rebuking the religious elite more than christians.
smiley

God does not need atheists to purge his house. wink

It is happening right before our eyes, false doctrines, false teachers and prophets exposed on a daily basis.

Repent young man and accept eternal life , death is not GOD's will for you.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 07, 2013
frosbel:

God does not need atheists to purge his house.
wink

It is happening right before our eyes, false doctrines, false teachers and prophets exposed on a daily basis.

Repent young man and accept eternal life , death is not GOD's will for you.

@ First bold;
Why would God have a house that needs purging in the first place? So, an atheist is wrong to expose a tithe fraud when christians are silent?

@second bold

We all die. You can get high on the religious opium that there is eternal life but I wont follow you into such a pipe dream fed by white men to your ancestors
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 07, 2013
frosbel: When I look through my bible, I see only love for sinners and the poor, whereas Jesus's greatest rebuke was for the righteous pharisees and their followers.

In fact , Jesus was often rebuked by the religious of his day for talking , eating and drinking with sinners, he was condemned for going into the houses of sinners and healing ( doing good ) on the Sabbath day etc.

When we read through the pages of scripture, our Lord's problem was mostly with the religious , who eventually rejected him and killed him.

The religious prevent sinners from hearing about the TRUE love of GOD and the genuine gospel of repentance and salvation, instead they threaten sinners with fear and brimstone , when some of these people already have enough stress and pain in their lives.

If Jesus were alive today , he would have rebuked 90% of the church for misrepresenting him, lying about his father and preaching another gospel.

Go to your bible today and learn about the real Jesus, the one who loved and still loves sinners, the one who poured out his entire soul unto death for the salvation of sinners and his enemies.

cannot give what they do not have. It is time we ask for a renewing of our heart and purging of our minds. You can never win ONE soul for GOD by condemning and threatening them or living a life of hypocrisy .

Exactly what I was trying to point out on another thread, but you know how your fellow christians are, bunch of mini devils.

Have eyes but cannot see, have ears but cannot hear. No iota of love in their hearts. They commit more sins than their fellow beings but condemn the same act in others. Bunch of hypocrites. Tufiakwa.
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 07, 2013
kmcutez:

Exactly what I was trying to point out on another thread, but you know how your fellow christians are, bunch of mini devils.

Have eyes but cannot see, have ears but cannot hear. No iota of love in their hearts. They commit more sins than their fellow beings but condemn the same act in others. Bunch of hypocrites. Tufiakwa.

I have to agree to an extent.

If Christians started living like Christ , they will make a huge impact in the lives of hurting mankind.

I believe GOD does indeed have wrath stored up for sinners , but chief among them will be those who bring the way of truth into disrepute and who have hijacked the gospel for their own selfish and diabolical ends.

I personally , hardly see love in many who call themselves Christian, in fact some of them use swear words, abuse you and curse you to hell. Where is Jesus in all this ?

Jesus was gentle, meek , kind and mild. Funny enough , when he was harsh , it was not to the sinners but to the 'so called righteous'.

My only joy is seeing the facade of this false religious system , being torn apart by the false teachers and their disciples.
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 07, 2013

Do not know who you are, but from this your one post I just read, you my friend are filled with pride, and fit the group of persons Jesus referred to as the scribes and pharisees.

6 Likes

Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by PastorKun(m): 4:15pm On Feb 07, 2013
kmcutez:

Do not know who you are, but from this your one post I just read, you my friend are filled with pride, and fit the group of persons Jesus referred to as the scribes and pharisees.

Very very very very true. cool
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 07, 2013
kmcutez:

*shuffles ipod, Brymo's Go hard now playing*
Those likes you got just shattered someone's image...
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 07, 2013
musKeeto:
*shuffles ipod, Brymo's Go hard now playing*
Those likes you got just shattered someone's image...

I like Brymo. From watching his interviews, he seems like he would be a fun person to hang out with, as he does not take himself too serious.
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Snowwy: 6:06pm On Feb 07, 2013
@Frosbel,
To whom much is given, much is expected. Greater condemnation comes to those who know what to do but don't. That is why the bible says judgement will start from the house of God.
Jesus came to for sinners but if they reject Him, they are condemned also however the grace of God gives time for sinners to repent.
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by AtheistD(m): 7:25pm On Feb 07, 2013
Logicboy03: @ OP,

smiley

I am beginning to like frosbels messages more and more. It is the religious elites that are destroying xtianity and Islam.
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 07, 2013
Atheist:-D:

I am beginning to like frosbels meaaages more and more. It is thw religious elites that are destroying xtianity and Islam.

I like his messages too.

I am just tackling him into a corner to make him see that the atheists are saying a similar but more hard-hitting criticism of religious douchebaggery
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by AtheistD(m): 7:41pm On Feb 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

I like his messages too.

I am just tackling him into a corner to make him see that the atheists are saying a similar but more hard-hitting criticism of religious douchebaggery

I received a lot of vitriol as a xtian for my disagreement with tithe scamming and other dubious actions by some xtian religious leaders. I doubt majority will ever listen.
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 07, 2013
Atheist:-D:

I received a lot of vitriol as a xtian for my disagreement with tithe scamming and other dubious actions by some xtian religious leaders. I doubt majority will ever listen.

We dont need a total majority. All we need is a majority of the minority who are the well educated/well connected...................................

The winds of revolution are coming to Nigeria.

smiley
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Goshen360(m): 8:01pm On Feb 07, 2013
You know what? .....I'm just following the thread from behind and enjoying every bit of it. tongue
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 07, 2013
Frosbel's boring...try okeyxyz....
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Goshen360(m): 8:29pm On Feb 07, 2013
^
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 07, 2013
musKeeto: Frosbel's boring...try okeyxyz....

You made me weep cry tongue
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by truthislight: 11:58pm On Feb 07, 2013
kmcutez: @image123

lol.

Why did this post get six(6) likes? Lol.

Na wao.

@Image123, its time you do something about your image.
*smh*
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Image123(m): 12:45am On Feb 09, 2013
frosbel:

Matthew 9:13 But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners

We will do well to purge the church of thieves who steal tithes from widows and orphans, war mongering Zionists, loveless Christians and the endless prosperity scams and lies. These are the charlatans who are doing a great disservice to the cause of Christ today.
i have gone to learn what it means oh, and i don come back. It is perfectly in line with the statement "does the op not know that he easily fits the picture of the religious elite, with a lot of 'experience', head knowledge and denominational first handism and doctrinal rigmarole?
".
Of course, no sane christian would not agree to purge out thieves, war mongerers, haters, deceivers and liars. i wish that that was what you were doing instead of the relentless attempts at causing rancour and division in the body, following after men on nl instead of message etc. the sinners of today have evolved as it were. They are bold and blasphemous, waxing worse and worse, and abounding in iniquity. The ones you call 'bro', because they seem to agree with you in some doctrine are haters of God, lovers of vices, homos.exuality promoters. The sinners of Jesus' time, the ones He dined with were PENITENT of their sins, willing to go and sin no more, believed their was a God somewhere, and had reverence and respect for God and godliness. they came openly to the baptism of John, and gladly heard Jesus, sometimes fainting as sheep without Shepherd. They were not zealous mockers who would only volunteer to go to church/fellowship(whatever name you now call it) to create or not create a scene, or catch girls or contract deals. It is only wisdom that you speak frankly to and deal with the sinners you see and know on nl, than calling them bro and brah up and down, instead of endless vituperations against MOGs that have no nl account, and whom you cannot really convict of sin, except for rumour and fancy disagreement in doctrinal understanding.
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Goshen360(m): 12:52am On Feb 09, 2013
^ Bros, you dey vex gan ni o. Abeg no vex. You know say two una na my brothers. Like you told me and Ola when we dey dig am the other day. E jo, e maa binu.
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 09, 2013
[quote author=Image123]
i wish that that was what you were doing instead of the relentless attempts at causing rancour and division in the body, following after men on nl instead of message etc.

Following after MEN on Nairaland ? This is news wink

the sinners of today have evolved as it were. They are bold and blasphemous, waxing worse and worse, and abounding in iniquity. The ones you call 'bro', because they seem to agree with you in some doctrine are haters of God, lovers of vices, homos.exuality promoters.

hmm, have I referred to unbelievers as brethren ? Don't think so.

This is allegation No.2

Let's go to allegation No.3. accusing me of supporting the listed vices is actually bearing false witness, something which I am sure you have no qualms doing.

And do you know why they are waxing worse and worse ? Because the light of the church is dim due to the abundance of false teachers and literally crooks in the pulpit with their itching ears flock.

"Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute." - 2 Peter 2:2

The apostles turned the old world upside down because they were not greedy compromisers, in fact they put their whole lives on the line for the sake of the gospel and for the love of the Lord Jesus and the salvation of ALL MEN.

"And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death." - Revelation 12:11

The sinners of Jesus' time, the ones He dined with were PENITENT of their sins, willing to go and sin no more, believed their was a God somewhere, and had reverence and respect for God and godliness.

A sinner is a sinner, there is no calling a sinner a godly person, in fact the tax collectors were not people who feared GOD , they were fraudsters and oppressors of the people.

Yes Jesus went for them, He displayed both the character and power of GOD, thus they were drawn to GOD through him to repentance because they saw the true light that is come into the world, without guile , hypocrisy or deceit.

Sinners are not drawn to Christians today ,because all they see are self-professed Christians committing fraud, snatching wives, perpetuating greed and war, they know enough to see this as a religion totally void of Christ.

Sinners want hope, but how can they see hope when the purveyors of hope are living in darkness , pride and harshness ?

My friend, ONLY when the CHURCH repents from their wickedness, will our light shine very brightly , and all men be drawn to Christ.

This is a WAR I have joined till the day I leave this world , to contend with the false church for the real faith once delivered unto the saints.

Peace !
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Goshen360(m): 1:14am On Feb 09, 2013
frosbel:

Sinners are not drawn to Christians today ,because all they see are self-professed Christians committing fraud, snatching wives, perpetuating greed and war, they know enough to see this as a religion totally void of Christ.

Sinners want hope, but how can they see hope when the purveyors of hope are living in darkness , pride and harshness ?

My friend, ONLY when the CHURCH repents from their wickedness, will our light shine very brightly , and all men be drawn to Christ.

WORDS! Not engraved on tablets of stones but in the heart of men!
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Nobody: 1:37am On Feb 09, 2013
Frosbel is part of the false church that he rails against. I will open a thread challenging forsbel soon.
Re: Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners by Nobody: 1:40am On Feb 09, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don't Argue With An Atheist. The Bible Says So. / Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim / Oyedepo Blast Osinbanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.