Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Is GEJ That Bad? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is GEJ That Bad? (877 Views)

Video: Important Developments By GEJ That Buhari Has Destroyed / why vote GEJ that can't uphold his words and failed in every positive sect? / The Fake News About GEJ That Made Front Page. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is GEJ That Bad? by Nobody: 12:56am On Feb 07, 2013
I see alot of nigerians complain about GEJ over issues that shouldn't really matter and that's all they have against his government.
The two most common of these are
1. The subsidy removal
2. Changing Unilag to Maulag
3. He doesn't give great interviews
4. His wife doesn't speak good English
5. He looks dull
6. He has a village accent
7. He makes silly comments. . .

Some unfounded complaints are
1. He is corrupt
2. He is inept
3. His government is slow. . ..

These are totally non-factual and subjective given that
1. There are no factual allegations linking the president to corrupt practices.
2. Concerning his ineptitude and sluggish govt, his government is just two years old and he has made certain irrefutable achievements in various sectors of the economy.

He hasn't done much wrong unlike our past presidents. He follows the rule of law unlike our past presidents, he doesn't interfere in democratic processes -
His election was free and fair, so were other state elections that were held in various states across the nation.
Believe me, if OBJ was in power, the ACN wouldn't have won over most of those states and political seats in the south west but GEJ let democracy take its due course. We now have a strong opposition party that controls more than five states- the first time in years.
There have been less strikes under GEJ's government; Better power supply, better airports, better rail network, better democracy. . .

Alot of nigerians who criticise GEJ unfairly are sometimes beneficiaries of his governments policies.
Example: He increased the minimum wage; He increased the salary of corpers; He gives the opposition a level playing ground. . . But he is never being commended for these achievements. It is shocking!

Most of the problems we face as a country weren't introduced by his government. They were due to our collective misfortunes.
GEJ didn't institutionalize corruption, GEJ is not the cause of our infrastructural problems, he is not to be blamed for our greed and tribalism. He inherited all these issues and he's trying his best to tackle them no matter how complex they seem.

I believe its very unfair that GEJ, who has sacrificed alot for our nascent democracy and economy is being judged unfairly because he erred on issues that really shouldn't matter to well-meaning nigerians.

If you want to judge the president, please be humane, fair and just. Don't criticise to follow the crowd(opposition). Rather, do so with objective points and facts. We have criticised all the presidents we've had and they never got better. Criticising GEJ unfairly won't make him the kind of president y'all want him to be.
We should strive to give credit to the president when due and criticise him when due too. Not criticising him all the time, whether he does good or bad.

I'm not a hired GEJ or PDP agent, just a concerned nigerian.

Thanks for your time. . .

2 Likes

Re: Is GEJ That Bad? by greatgod2012(f): 1:45am On Feb 07, 2013
GEJ is not bad, he is only clueless.
Talking about embezzlement........yes, he is a green snake under a green grass i.e a pretender. So, stop campainig for him.
Yes, he was respnsible for all d problems he met, but should have done something about them.
What of boko haram , is it not in this his regime we first heard and saw what they meant, what has he done about it?

Brb.
Re: Is GEJ That Bad? by GARRIx7(m): 2:01am On Feb 07, 2013
This post must not be read or quoted by anyone with an IQ that's less than 110..

Beware of Mukina2

cool

I will be back to modify this post, but I need to get some sleep now..
Re: Is GEJ That Bad? by licensed2k(m): 7:09am On Feb 07, 2013
Much hope was placed on him by the masses and he chooses to dance with the corrupt elites and rmbr d greater d hope, d bigga d disappointments.

I rmbr d tym he used to com on fb and evrybody was prayn and rootin for him buh now he dare not post again..... And u knw why.
He is an insult to nigeria, a president ought to be one of the best brains in the country and he doesn't even come close.
I'm no hater, I was rootin for him, he had me at the point when he proclaimed he had no shoes and sh1t.

1 Like

Re: Is GEJ That Bad? by seunfly: 7:27am On Feb 07, 2013
Oga jonathan is the first president Nigerians believed in and voted massively for apart from MKO ABIOLA, only for him to be worst or equal to others.
Corruption it is during his term that Nigerians inteligence was abused while still in power remember desiani and NNPC scandal in fuel subsidy and other scandals in Nnpc, all Nigerians voted for him but he marginalised some including some group 4rm his own region.
I don't know where u were during elections, but we in the north voted 4 him against all odd cos we ve seen mesaih only to see that he is no diffrent from others. On maulag no body is complaining about that they only rejected d name simple, bad english that is normal peaple we always make jest of any leader, boss, teacher or any body in formal settings that speak bad english so get that into ur head. But all in all the guy has disapointed many especialy with that subsidy thing and the shadow of it is following him.
He has suffered image problem and no matter the good he may have done peaple will not appreciate him.
Re: Is GEJ That Bad? by 9icest: 8:47am On Feb 07, 2013
Boko-Haram: You need to lose someone like I did to hate the irritating re-action of this slow-p0ke. He behaved as if this was non of his business as long as they dont come to the South. As if those Christians who died in the North, were at fault for ever living there. Its as if the blood of Nigerians doesnt mean anything as long it doesnt involve his. Is that a real leader?

Now a days, a billion and above is missing every week, or should I say every 24 hours....Mention one single indicted PDP politician who has been successfully persecuted and who is serving jail time. And please, dont defend blindly, GEJ appointed the current attorney general of the federation, same guy who keeps killing all these cases.

Subsidy cabals...NNPC saboteuring the entire country economical resources....this was done under the nose of his girlfiriend, Allison. The NNPC is still a mess, and do you know how much rot is still carried out in that ministry? Otedola, and the other oil cabals are still freemen, wining and dining the president.

And is Professi Obi another Buhari loyalist? Or another Tinubu agent.....Talk about a colossal waste of the nations resources. Billions been voted every week to white elephant projects, when almost all the entire nations roads lay in pathetic waste. You need to mention atleast 10 federal roads that has been renovated by this weakling since he became the president.

And finally, I am a project manager who work at FERMA. These guys were sooooo worried during the last election.....may I remind you, this same department is loaded with Mallams, same notherners as Buhari, and they hated him. Our director was out of the country during the election, worried sick about the possibility of Buhari winning. He was back in the country the 2nd day after GEJ was announced winner. He was wearing the most relieved face ever....and guess what continue happening! Same rubbish! My company writes quotes running into millions for roads repair, and at the end of the day, we pour a truck of laterite or two on it, and people keep dying, even governors, and GEJ hasnt even fired anybody in the ministry of works, or FERMA! Is that a LEADER!!!!! Please answer ME!!!

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng
for your daily inspirational dose!

1 Like

Re: Is GEJ That Bad? by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 07, 2013
Is GEJ bad at all or some persons who think it is their right to rule are bent on discrediting him?
Their falsehood thrives, cos Nigeria is ppld by certificate wielding illiterates(Check out posts from nairalanders dat jump in d fray cos others are doing so).
Re: Is GEJ That Bad? by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 08, 2013
9icest: Boko-Haram: You need to lose someone like I did to hate the irritating re-action of this slow-p0ke. He behaved as if this was non of his business as long as they dont come to the South. As if those Christians who died in the North, were at fault for ever living there. Its as if the blood of Nigerians doesnt mean anything as long it doesnt involve his. Is that a real leader?

Now a days, a billion and above is missing every week, or should I say every 24 hours....Mention one single indicted PDP politician who has been successfully persecuted and who is serving jail time. And please, dont defend blindly, GEJ appointed the current attorney general of the federation, same guy who keeps killing all these cases.

Subsidy cabals...NNPC saboteuring the entire country economical resources....this was done under the nose of his girlfiriend, Allison. The NNPC is still a mess, and do you know how much rot is still carried out in that ministry? Otedola, and the other oil cabals are still freemen, wining and dining the president.

And is Professi Obi another Buhari loyalist? Or another Tinubu agent.....Talk about a colossal waste of the nations resources. Billions been voted every week to white elephant projects, when almost all the entire nations roads lay in pathetic waste. You need to mention atleast 10 federal roads that has been renovated by this weakling since he became the president.

And finally, I am a project manager who work at FERMA. These guys were sooooo worried during the last election.....may I remind you, this same department is loaded with Mallams, same notherners as Buhari, and they hated him. Our director was out of the country during the election, worried sick about the possibility of Buhari winning. He was back in the country the 2nd day after GEJ was announced winner. He was wearing the most relieved face ever....and guess what continue happening! Same rubbish! My company writes quotes running into millions for roads repair, and at the end of the day, we pour a truck of laterite or two on it, and people keep dying, even governors, and GEJ hasnt even fired anybody in the ministry of works, or FERMA! Is that a LEADER!!!!! Please answer ME!!!

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng
for your daily inspirational dose!

I feel your grouse even though they're filled with sentiments rather than objectivity.

Concerning Boko Haram, the govt is actually trying their best to curtail the situation. I don't know exactly how you want the govt to handle the crisis.

A billion+ missing every week? These are just rumors invoked by the opposition to rile the federal government. Try to correct me if I'm wrong

The NNPC is a mess because the PIB is stuck in the NASS. The northern legislators don't want the PIB to be passed into law. Is that GEJ's fault?

GEJ appointed the attorney general/chief justice but he doesn't and shouldn't tell him/her what to do. He should know his duties and how to discharge them while not waiting for GEJ for orders.
If GEJ meddles with affairs of the judiciary, you will all call him despotic and undemocratic. The judiciary is an independent tier of government and should be left so. It is not GEJs fault that the judiciary is corrupt.

There is an infrastructural revolution going on in the country now but People like are you not happy about it for no just cause. If you work in ferma, you should know why your agency is corrupt. Its not GEJs fault that the FERMA is corrupt, GEJ wasnt the president who instituted ferma.
There are various federal roads in the country thats being repaired, as someone who works in ferma, you should know better.

All in all, even if he has his own shortcomings, he has also achieved quite alot. Why don't you credit him for that?

1 Like

Re: Is GEJ That Bad? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 08, 2013
The issue is not whether GEJ is bad or not but about the existence of PAY-AS-YOU-GO-CRITICS who are simply doing their job.

The destructive criticisms of the PAY-AS-GO-CRITICS has absolutely nothing to do with fuel subsidy and I have my reasons. First is that the fierce and DESTRUCTIVE criticisms of GEJ started from day one. See the thread below:
https://www.nairaland.com/1152684/bad-losers-give-us-break

Secondly, Adams Oshiomole not only supported but also strongly argued in favour of subsidy removal. How come the same destructive critics dont attack Oshiomole? Is it because he's in ACN? Subsidy removal issue did not affect Oshiomole's re-election one bit.

My impression is that the PAY-AS-YOU-GO-CRITICS are just doing their job. Luckily, they'r very few (though with multiple IDs). In addition, there are also Nigerians who simply dislike the president because of ethnoreliguous sentiments and others who simply follow the phantom 'crowd' effect the PAY-AS-GO-CRITICS work hard to create on the internet.
Re: Is GEJ That Bad? by jaso1(m): 12:58pm On Feb 08, 2013
WORSE
Re: Is GEJ That Bad? by anulaxad(m): 6:46pm On Feb 08, 2013
UTTER BITTERNESS TO HIS PEOPLE,THE GUY CANNOT BE HUMAN.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Fashola, Please Stop The “kosovo-style” Social Cleansing Of The Poor / FG Keeps Emirates, Turkish Out Of Kano - ...despite Minister’s Pledge - Nobody S / When Is Good Governance Tour Coming To South West?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.