Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai (14208 Views)

Udom Emmanuel Completes House (Mansion) In Just Months In Office -SaharaReporter / El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics / 100 Days In Office: El-rufai Emerges As Best Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 07, 2013
This man is hungry
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by AnanseK(m): 10:23am On Feb 07, 2013
emmysenior: Nobody is immune to making mistakes, crying over spilt milk is a waste of time. Mallam! I'd rather you proffer solutions, instead of finding faults in others, besides, there were/are trillions of mistakes you had/have/will made/make. Let he who's without sin be the first to cast a stone.

This is not newspaper article. It is a book. A documentation of his personal experience. This is useful to Nigeria and Nigerians. You can also write your own experiences.
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by puffpuff: 10:24am On Feb 07, 2013
Delafruita:
i wonder why people enjoy flogging a dead issue over and over.this issue has been investigated over and over and over and over and it has been shown that there was nothing unethical about the transactions that occured.he didnt re-allocate land to his cronies or families.perhaps you want to tell us that because el-rufai is minister for FCT,his family and friends cannot apply for allocation through the same procedure others would follow

I guess u failed to read this :

The former minister said he felt strongly that “as government officials, we were sitting on councils, committees or in the cabinet that would approve some of these transactions.

“In my opinion, even if there was nothing wrong legally with it, there were ethical issues
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by AnanseK(m): 10:27am On Feb 07, 2013
derespect: Rufai is also counting mistakes of someone. What about him that was demolishing and buying properties in Abuja when he was appointed the minister of FCT? Oga go sleep for somewhere jooo.

Let him write about Obasanjo. You can wright about El-Rufa'i , no problem we will read both.
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by blessed4ril(f): 10:47am On Feb 07, 2013
nice one! 20pounds:
D sound of d hurried footsteps, quicken and draws even closer.
He shudders, and cowering in a corner, he labours furiously- teeth firmly clenched and sweat dripping from his brow- he is set to task! A task masked in d guise of patriotism.
365 writing ink lay exhausted on d floor -1 for each day of d yr.
Why must one labour ds much to convince(abi na confuse?) d gullible masses? Walahi i hate democracy! If na military...kai i digress!
D footsteps are near! 2015 is near!! Before dat, history must be distorted and concocted . We shall not allow 2015 meet us with blemishes and unprepared! 2015 is mine to capture. I am born to RULE!!!
I am El rufai, d enfant terrible of d Obj govt. I lost to Yar'adua in d power game in 2007. I shall nt lose again in 2015. I shall rave, rant ,write and tweet til y'all leave it for me!
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by rico73(m): 11:05am On Feb 07, 2013
Adura_ngba: You talking unethical practices, meanwhile you took land from people and re allocated it to your cronies and family, that must be very ethical, and Tunde Bakare must be of the opinion you have not sinned, you do well because you help his church to distribute their pamphlets. Very ethical indeed.
don't mind him, he should have resigned when that was going on and shouted to the entire nation to hear him out. 2015 bigot!
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by Lordwize(m): 11:05am On Feb 07, 2013
OBJ first mistake was hiring el-rufai.
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by HezronLorraine(m): 11:06am On Feb 07, 2013
licensed2k: Just four bro rufai?
Holla at me when somebody who can count properly says something.
abi when i thought he made millions and they were huge
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by hercules07: 11:10am On Feb 07, 2013
Nigerians are their own worst enemies, El Rufai the minister performed excellently when he was in charge of the FCT, he is also playing the role of a critic and is putting the current government on its toes, we need to support more like him
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by Ademurph1(m): 11:23am On Feb 07, 2013
Mallam Nasir El-rufai, we Nigerians are not and can not be fool again, are you not one of the key official in the administration? what are you looking then that keep you mute, not to voice out I am quite sure you are playing around the bush because of the 2015 election.... NB- Don't waste your time, all your plans cant work, 9jas are now wise!!!!!
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by Adurangba(f): 11:25am On Feb 07, 2013
Delafruita:
i wonder why people enjoy flogging a dead issue over and over.this issue has been investigated over and over and over and over and it has been shown that there was nothing unethical about the transactions that occured.he didnt re-allocate land to his cronies or families.perhaps you want to tell us that because el-rufai is minister for FCT,his family and friends cannot apply for allocation through the same procedure others would follow

Really? You living in another world.

Go here:

http://www.punchng.com/news/el-rufai-allocated-phcn-plots-to-wives-friends-witness/

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/106306-el-rufai-converted-phcn-land-for-personal-use-former-phcn-boss-tells-court.html

Case is still in court, I wonder where it has been shown he didn't. Let us see.

Make sure you also go through this:

https://www.nairaland.com/1058443/el-rufai-allocated-phcn-plots-wives
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by segxyrema: 11:38am On Feb 07, 2013
El-rufai u are not in best position to tell us all these trash,because u are a traitor.when the going was so smooth nobody hear frm u....now that u think u are mature to run this country.u are vomiting jagoons......go and sit down,history would surely judge u in this country.
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by ochukoccna: 11:51am On Feb 07, 2013
puffpuff: Sam Omatseye knew this guy inside out when he wrote the article below :

A perfect chameleon
By Sam Omatseye 11/07/2011 06:16:00

Yet if you looked at his career well, you would admit that as FCT minister, he was transformational. He brought order, neatness and even picturesque allure to the city that was falling into an Alao-Akala Ibadan.

So, he did well as a minister. But also as a minister he was Baba’s lackey, fighting his every war and defending the corrupt system and the despotic “democrat.” He once told me in an interview that the time had not come for us to be worried over the issue of conflict of interest in office. Even when some raised uproar over it, he never tried to my knowledge to defend himself.

He served Atiku well when he was his protégé. When he turned over to OBJ and Obj fought with Atiku, he knew where the power lay, so he turned coat and pitched his tent with the Owu chief. It was the amoral El-Rufai at work. He swung without a squeak.

When Yar’Adua took over, he was Yar’Adua’s man before he was not. When Jonathan became president, he was for the meek man until things turned sour. Now he is serenading Buhari  whom we once nudged as unelectable. In an interview in The Nation on Sunday, he said that the man has changed. Changed from what, Nasir? Other than his allegiance to democracy over a decade ago, he is still as inflexible as his ramrod stature.

El-Rufai knew how to work the system, and somehow, it made him into a sort of public cause célèbre. He somehow helps to show us the bad side of the system because he has not been the good side himself. In the way he allocated land, we learned how government shares our resources. From his role as a lackey, we knew how people moved up in government. From his serial betrayals, we understood that playing the harlot is the way to gains. As master, he made people work for him and that, ironically, is how you command loyalists even if you are not one yourself. As a critic and “revolutionary,” he is trying to come full cycle. He is telling us that he can reveal and revel in the rottenness of our system, he being part of it.

He knows how to game the system, draw attention to himself, laugh at us, and still sleep well at night. From the recent fight with the system, he has shown that you can move from being an establishment mainstay to a nemesis of the system. We need more of him
Hope you do not have a problem with comprehension puff puff?
Sam accused him of been a political prostitute aka AGIP and attention seeking but you do not see where he was accused of corruption nor ineptitude
Get you facts right &read part of the article you quoted which I've reduced to bring out the core for you
His 'sin' for now is having the audacity to point out the rotteness of jonny go slow's governance
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 07, 2013
I guess one of the OBJ's four major mistake is making a short aboki man like him a minister!
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by talk2s(m): 11:59am On Feb 07, 2013
KnowAll: collecting donations 4 d presidential library is not a mistake, in fact i think it is a masterstroke decision. nobody wants to know yesterday's man once u are out office.

Any wonder why El-rufai is writing a book, it is becos he is yesterday's minister, nobody reckons with him and that is why he has become a mad dog howling in d dark seeking 4 attention.

Did U swear 2an oath 2defend OBJ?
U are obviously de only person on this thread that claims that a sitting President organising a fund-raising Ceremony 4 a private Library is devoid of error.
In as much as I don't support de half-truths and mixed falsehood of El rufai, its about time we learned 2b unprejudiced, objective and dispassionate.
Those are de marks of good citizenship!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 07, 2013
hell-ruffian is the perfect CANDIDATE to be called "***MR TWISTER***"
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by almohast: 12:23pm On Feb 07, 2013
[quote author=derespect]Rufai is also counting mistakes of someone. What about him that was demolishing and buying properties in Abuja when he was appointed the minister of FCT? Oga go sleep for somewhere jooo. [/quote]

A voice once said: its better to be a good listener than a talker.. El-Rufai did what he had to do, posterity is still judging him as the best Minister of the FCT so far. Do u have to blame him?? Life's actions are justify by the end that justify the means.
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by phapi(m): 12:39pm On Feb 07, 2013
emmysenior: Nobody is immune to making mistakes, crying over spilt milk is a waste of time. Mallam! I'd rather you proffer solutions, instead of finding faults in others, besides, there were/are trillions of mistakes you had/have/will made/make. Let he who's without sin be the first to cast a stone.
luv d last part of dis contribution
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by Elueme: 12:43pm On Feb 07, 2013
Hell Rufai!! grin. This man is trying to be a master of his game; seek attention, behaves like a keen watcher of the system and act as if you were non-committal when it was your turn. But we know the deceit that runs behind and hidden in the heart, Nigerians gt your balls.You can criticise, tweet ur strngth oue and write the story of your life: It doesn't change the fact that you are a bad news!!!
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by size38: 12:54pm On Feb 07, 2013
Ok. Now that Malam El' Rufai has told the public the 4 major mistakes of OBJ's regime, can he equally tell the same public his own countless mistakes while in office?
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by puffpuff: 1:13pm On Feb 07, 2013
ochukoccna:
Hope you do not have a problem with comprehension puff puff?
Sam accused him of been a political prostitute aka AGIP and attention seeking but you do not see where he was accused of corruption nor ineptitude
Get you facts right &read part of the article you quoted which I've reduced to bring out the core for you
His 'sin' for now is having the audacity to point out the rotteness of jonny go slow's governance

My opinion and d article depicts El-Rufai as attention seeker, who enjoy being in controversies. I don't see how this is related with corruption or GEJ. If you want your voice to be heard on corruption or GEJ,kindly find a suitable post to use. Mine ain't relevant.
It is more matured and objective when you opined without being abusive and aggressive. Kids do that.
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by phabouluz(m): 1:15pm On Feb 07, 2013
I dnt understand why some people can't just do without OBJ, na only him dey naija ni? U call him whatever name u like, truth is that he's risen far beyond any of u can catch.

Abeg leave d baba alone make he dey enjoy him old age abi una no wan grow old ni?
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by confusion247(m): 2:19pm On Feb 07, 2013
That people like el-rufai is talking and walking freely in the streets of Nigeria today is an evidence of failure on the hypocritical fight against corruption by Jonathan.
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by ideylaff: 3:27pm On Feb 07, 2013
chiover: This man is hungry

Not really maybe relevance more lik it i'd say.

El-Rufai @ age 21 according to him made his 1st 1 milion in pounds... what he did I don't know ooooo

but he's said it a few times.
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 07, 2013
[size=22pt]This idiot El Rufai annoys the hell outta me angry

He is corrupt like Obasanjo and like Obasanjo he is constantly trying to re-write history to make himself look innocent[/size]
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by ameenah(f): 4:59pm On Feb 07, 2013
Get El-Rufais book on Jumia, see link here -----------------------> http://www./The-Accidental-Public-Servant---Paperback-43081.html

Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by chizel: 5:02pm On Feb 07, 2013
And what are your own mistakes el rufai?you were in that same govt while all that you ve been mentioning in your yet to be released book where happening and you didn't resign,in as much as I don't and will never like obasanjo bcs he's evil,el-rufai should know that pot will never call kettle black,all of them stinks in corruption,so far as am corncerned,his so called book is of no use.i think this issue of criticizim bcs ou are out of govt takes us no where,you all are guilty
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2013
Saintp: Nigerians na waa,

He talks about GEJ, you compalin of hipocrisy, he talks about his master OBJ, u still complain. If he had praised OBJ, you will still complain. What the hell is wrong with people of this days. Should he not talk at all?
he/they should stop talking. We need fresh ppl in govt.
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 07, 2013
Please anyone with the pdf, epub, mobi etc version of the book should send it to legaldiaries1 at gmail dot com

Thanks in advance cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by jmoore(m): 7:25pm On Feb 07, 2013
El-Rufai made 1 million mistakes.
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by blackbeau1(f): 8:28pm On Feb 07, 2013
El-rufai,can you please tell us the mistakes you made while in office.I think we will be more interested to hear that.
Re: Obasanjo Made Four Mistakes In Office – El-rufai by PastorOla1: 9:56pm On Feb 07, 2013
El-Rufai you should have resigned. Please tell your your own MISTAKES as well.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki And Buhari Meet Behind Closed Doors In Aso Rock / Saraki Fires Back At Tinubu Over Budget Padding Allegation / Court Orders Permanent Forfeiture Of Assets Linked To Oyo-ita

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.